‘Kill All Jews’ Graffiti Found at NYC Subway Stop

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  5 years ago  •  24 comments

By:   AARON BANDLER

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

nyc-subway-1287x858.jpg   

NEW YORK, NY - DECEMBER 05: A man walks past a subway stop in Manhattan two days after a man was pushed to his death in front of a train on December 5, 2012 in New York City. The incident was caught by a photographer and has since raised questions as to why someone didn't help the man before the train struck him. The New York City subway system, with 468 stations in operation, is the most extensive public transportation system in the world. It is also one of the world's oldest public transit systems, with the first underground line of the subway opening on October 27, 1904. (Photo by Spencer Platt/Getty Images)

Graffiti featuring the words “Kill All Jews” and swastikas were found at a New York City subway stop on Nov. 11.

The NYPD Hate Crimes Task Force posted the photo to Twitter and announced that they would be investigating the matter. The graffiti, written in black marker, depicts what appears to be Nazi SS lightning bolts, two swastikas and a “Hitler was right” website in addition to the words “Kill All Jews.”

HCTF is investigating the pictured anti-Semitic criminal mischief on the 1 line of NYC Transit at W103st. Any information, call Crimestoppers 800-577-TIPS   @NYPDTips   pic.twitter.com/ZzulSi4YMV
— NYPD Hate Crimes (@NYPDHateCrimes)   November 11, 2019

The Stop Antisemitism.org watchdog tweeted that the graffiti was “sickening,” adding that “thanks to the radical left, the alt-right, and religious extremists, #jews can’t go anywhere in #America in 2019 without seeing how much they’re hated.”

Sickening   #antisemitic   graffiti found at the 103rd St. train stop in NYC. Thanks to the radical left, the alt-right, and religious extremists,   #jews   can’t go anywhere in   #America   in 2019 without seeing how much they’re hated.   pic.twitter.com/D8gdRe75Dv
— StopAntisemitism.org (@StopAntisemites)   November 11, 2019

The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) New York and New Jersey chapter tweeted, “Thank you to the @NYPDHateCrimes for your tireless work in investigating every single one of these terrible #antiSemitic incidents! We continue to appreciate your partnership! It is up to every one of us to fight this onslaught lest they become normalized in #NY.”

Thank you to the   @NYPDHateCrimes   for your tireless work in investigating every single one of these terrible   #antiSemitic   incidents! We continue to appreciate your partnership! It is up to every one of us to fight this onslaught lest they become normalized in   #NY   https://t.co/NW1f3vxd6H
— ADL New York / New Jersey (@ADL_NYNJ)   November 11, 2019

The City, an NYC nonprofit news publication,   reported   that there had been a 162% increase in anti-Semitic incidents on the NYC subway from 2018 to 2019; 60% of the anti-Semitic incidents in 2019 have been graffiti and assaults.

ADL New York and New Jersey Director of Community Affairs Alexander Rosemberg told The City, “People are emboldened and they want the largest possible audience for what they want to communicate, and the subway is where they find that audience.”

NEW YORK, NY - DECEMBER 05: A man walks past a subway stop in Manhattan two days after a man was pushed to his death in front of a train on December 5, 2012 in New York City. The incident was caught by a photographer and has since raised questions as to why someone didn't help the man before the train struck him. The New York City subway system, with 468 stations in operation, is the most extensive public transportation system in the world. It is also one of the world's oldest public transit systems, with the first underground line of the subway opening on October 27, 1904. (Photo by Spencer Platt/Getty Images)

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

It appears that in certain areas of New York, it is almost as dangerous to be Jewish as it is in the West Bank.

The Stop Antisemitism.org watchdog tweeted that the graffiti was “sickening,” adding that “thanks to the radical left, the alt-right, and religious extremists, #jews can’t go anywhere in #America in 2019 without seeing how much they’re hated.”

Enoch
Masters Quiet
1.1  Enoch  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    5 years ago

Dear Brother Buzz: If I see someone posting anti Jewish hate, over turning Jewish grave markers, or marching with Tiki torches shouting, "Jews will not replace us" this Jew will.

If it becomes an "us or them", the smart money is on it being them.

"First you raise your voice. Then you raise your hand".

Just sayin.

P&AB.

Enoch.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

I assume, Enoch, that you mean when you say you "will.", that you will raise your voice and then raise your hand.  In other words I believe that you mean that you are not going to keep quiet about it and to "raise your hand" in this case does not mean you're in school asking the teacher a question, but that you will do something physical.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     5 years ago
It appears that in certain areas of New York, it is almost as dangerous to be Jewish as it is in the West Bank.

Not sure that is a valid comment Buzz. There is plenty of antisemitism in NY and 49 other states.

I think what Enoch is saying is that at some point you quit talking and start hitting. I agree with that. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika @3    5 years ago

From the reports I read, Jews (most likely ones who are visibly obvious by wearing kippahs, etc.) are getting beaten up in NY, especially Brooklyn damn near every day.  Other than vandalism, the danger Jews face in other states has not been so often, although of course in Pittsburgh and California it was more tragic, but thankfully that is not so common.  Yes, about what Enoch was saying you been able to articulate much clearer than my attempt to do so.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4  bbl-1    5 years ago

More anti-Semitism graffiti.

I wonder if it was done by backers of The Green New Deal or somebody like The Proud Boys?

Start hitting?  Can't do that, the right wing will scream, "Their rights are being infringed."

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  bbl-1 @4    5 years ago

You seem to be unaware that antisemitism isn't limited to the right wing.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1    5 years ago

Show me.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.2  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  bbl-1 @4.1.1    5 years ago

Why left-wing anti-Semitism matters  

The anti-Trump resistance is in bed with Jew-haters and anti-Zionists. Why liberals need to draw a line in the sand.

(Jewish News Syndicate)

Left-Wing Anti-Semitism: The Greatest Campus Threat Is Ignored by the SPLC

(Family Research Council)

The rise of anti-Semitism on the left - The Washington Post

The New York Times Cartoon: Mainstreaming Left-Wing Anti-Semitism

(Times of Israel)

Rare: UN calls out 'left-wing antisemitism ...

(UN Watch)

Fancy Names for Left-Wing Anti-Semitism

(Real Clear Politics)

Strike left-wing antisemitism where it hurts

(Times of Israel)

Left-wing Jewish magazine op-ed blasts Democratic 'silence ...

How antisemitism slips beneath the radar on left-wing ...

(The Conversation)

theconversation.com/how-antisemitism-slips-beneath-the-radar-on-left-wing-social-media...

Why left-wing anti-Semitism is just as bad as white supremacy

(New York Post)

.." > .. .

Left-wing antisemitism - Wikipedia

There are more pages of these articles on the internet, so that even if a person is blind of eyes and mind, they don't need to be shown.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.3  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  bbl-1 @4.1.1    5 years ago

So, bbl-1, have I shown you or do you need to be shown another 20 or 30 articles that establish that left-wing antisemitism exists?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.1.4  bbl-1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1.3    5 years ago

You've shown me nothing.  Propaganda.  Did you get this from Erdogan, Orban, Mohammad bin Salman or even Putin?

Real Clear Politics did not march with Nazi flags.  But those supporting Trump, Bannon, Gorka, Miller and others did.

The right wing will destroy Israel.   

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.5  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  bbl-1 @4.1.4    5 years ago

Your comment is a ridiculous insulting insolent piece of shit - do me a favour and don't comment on my seeds/articles.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.1.6  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1.2    5 years ago
UN calls out 'left-wing antisemitism ...

I read the full 2019 UN report you linked and the fact is, while it does say they have tracked "an increase in many countries of what is sometimes called ‘left-wing’ antisemitism, in which individuals claiming to hold anti-racist and anti-imperialist views employ antisemitic narratives or tropes in the course of expressing anger at policies or practices of the Government of Israel", the majority of the report rightly places the majority of anti-Semitic attacks and incidents at the right-wing's feet.

"The Special Rapporteur is alarmed by the growing use of antisemitic tropes by white
supremacists including neo-Nazis and members of radical Islamist groups in slogans, images,
stereotypes and conspiracy theories meant to incite and justify hostility, discrimination and
violence against Jews."

"Experts and monitors reported that the proliferation and gains in political prominence
made by Neo-Nazi, right-wing political parties, are the source of a preponderance of
antisemitic incidents".

So yes, you're right Buzz, antisemitism does exist on the left, but it's dwarfed by the open antisemitism being pushed by the right. That's likely why over 70% of Jewish Americans vote Democrat. They are not, as you inferred yourself in another seed, "disloyal" Jews, they simply see where the "preponderance of antisemitic incidents" come from and what party has made an obvious "safe space" for bigots and antisemites like those marching in the streets of Charlottesville waving swastika flags along side confederate flags, wearing MAGA hats and chanting "Jews will not replace us!".

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.7  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.1.6    5 years ago

I appreciate the fact that AT LEAST YOU ADMIT THAT THERE IS LEFT-WING ANTISEMITISM.  That is the point I made, which is denied by the ignorant.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.1.9  bbl-1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1.5    5 years ago

Lets be honest here.  All of those I mentioned in 4.1.4 are anti-Semitic. 

Anti-Semitism is found everywhere.  But in the 21st Century it is wise to understand where it is most prevalent and the 'style' of governments that is fostering it.  For reasons I do not understand you seem to harbor a propensity to ignore it.

Erdogan was at the WH today.  And he was praised.  You do not like anti-Semitism, it would be wise to look where and by whom ( it ) is rising.  And it is not with Green Peace.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.10  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  bbl-1 @4.1.9    5 years ago

IMPASSE

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
6  al Jizzerror    5 years ago

I went to high school in Brooklyn.

I was riding on the BMT when a guy with a black magic marker started vandalizing a "Happy Chanukah" sign with swastikas.

I walked up behind him and snatched the magic marker out of his hand.

I thought he was going to fight me butt he scurried away.

Most of the people in the subway car applauded.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  al Jizzerror @6    5 years ago

You're a good person.  Thank you.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
6.1.1  al Jizzerror  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.1    5 years ago
You're a good person.

No so much.  I was a high school wrestler and an amateur boxer at the time.

I wanted him to fight so I could knock him out and draw a swastika on his forehead.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1.2  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  al Jizzerror @6.1.1    5 years ago

Aha.  Inglourious Basterds.  Unfortunately it wouldn't be permanent, but carving it like they did would REALLY get you into trouble.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6.1.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  al Jizzerror @6.1.1    5 years ago

Good for you Al! Bravo!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  al Jizzerror @6    5 years ago

That is what cowards do, scurry away like cockroaches when the lights are turned on.  I would have applauded you also had I been there.

lib50
Professor Silent
7  lib50    5 years ago

Not only are there increasing incidents of anti-Semitism, they are more brazen and open about their hatred.  You are right, it comes from both left and right, but here in the US it is getting help from the top.  We can see and feel the way certain people are so comfortable in their racism.  It is so disturbing to feel like we are going backward in the worst possible ways.  Hate and division will destroy us. 

In the United States, the study noted among other factors, far-right groups and increasing hostility on campuses toward Jewish students who support Israel as fuelling anti-Semitism there.  While far-right supporters often see Jews as “a cosmopolitan foreign agent” threatening national identity, far-left groups sometimes blame Jews for economic uncertainties and tensions caused by globalisation.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  lib50 @7    5 years ago

Although the saying is "there's nothing new under the sun", the movie Gentleman's Agreement was released more than 70 years ago based on the actuality in America (not even considering the much much longer history of it), but being able to equate Zionism with antisemitism and using Israel as an excuse for it has opened the doors for many who were reticent to show their true feelings before. Now they can hide behind what they consider wrongly to be a legitimate excuse so now the previously hidden genuine prejudices and discrimination have emerged, and it didn't start with Trump.