╌>

‘War on Thanksgiving’ Goes From Fox News to Trump’s Rally: ‘People Want to Change the Name’

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  18 comments

‘War on Thanksgiving’ Goes From Fox News to Trump’s Rally: ‘People Want to Change the Name’
The president also promised cheering supporters that he will not be changing the name of “Thanksgiving.” “Some people want to change the name Thanksgiving,” Trump said at the beginning of his rally in Sunrise, Florida. “They don’t want to use the term Thanksgiving. And that was true also with Christmas. But now everybody is using Christmas again. Remember I said that?”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Posted: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 01:39:28 +0000

This iframe is not allowed

President   Donald Trump   warned that an unnamed force wants Thanksgiving to be called something other than “Thanksgiving” at a rally Tuesday night, a belief that is likely derived from Fox News segments declaring a “war” on the holiday.

The president also promised cheering supporters that he will not be changing the name of “Thanksgiving.”

“Some people want to change the name Thanksgiving,” Trump said at the beginning of his rally in Sunrise, Florida. “They don’t want to use the term Thanksgiving. And that was true also with Christmas. But now everybody is using Christmas again. Remember I said that?”

“People have different ideas why it shouldn’t be called Thanksgiving,” Trump continued. “But everybody in this room I know loves the name Thanksgiving and we’re not changing it.”

Trump’s apparent belief that Thanksgiving is under attack is likely derived from Fox News, his favorite television network and the originator of the War on Christmas.

This month, an article from HuffPost offered advice on how to have an environmentally friendly Thanksgiving dinner. That story sparked mass coverage at Fox News: it was   covered  on   Fox & Friends ,   Fox & Friends First ,   Tucker Carlson Tonight ,   The Five ,   Fox News @ Night . It gave us this incredible graphic, spawning the War on Thanksgiving:

Screen-Shot-2019-11-26-at-20.30.28.jpg

Expect this to be a big issue going into 2020.

Watch above, via Fox News.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Trump lost the war of stupidity a long time ago. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

His domestic disloyal opposition won the war to be stupid long ago.  November 9, 2016 is when the stupidity of the resistance began.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2  Tacos!    5 years ago

I agree the original HuffPost article was blown out of proportion somewhat - welcome to 24 hour "news" - but even taken at face value, it was pretty stupid. No, the author wasn't saying people should be forced to give up Turkey or stop traveling, but what was the point if not to crap on a tradition? The carbon footprint of food is something you could relate to any meal. How depressing is your outlook on life when the only thing you could come up with to say about Thanksgiving was something to make people feel bad about taking part?

This whole story is an example of stupid begetting even more stupid. The initial article was stupid because we need to fill the internet and the response was stupid because we need to fill air time. This trend has producers scrambling for content, so we end up with this .

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @2    5 years ago

Did the HuffPo article suggest changing the name of Thanksgiving to something else? 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    5 years ago

No, I don't think so (unless I missed it). That wasn't the focus.

JBB
Professor Principal
3  JBB    5 years ago

The gop is just plain old pathetic...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Nice to see conservatives here dont consider the "War On Thanksgiving" to be an actual thing. 

Then again there is always next year. 

user image
Freshman Silent
4.1    replied to  JohnRussell @4    5 years ago

We are not that concerned with it. Liberals are burning themselves out trying to impeach our duly elected president to continue attacking the traditional cultures of our American society. Hopefully everything drags on through Christmas so everyone can enjoy the holidays without the perpetual liberal meltdown over words and feelings.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  @4.1    5 years ago
everyone can enjoy the holidays without the perpetual liberal meltdown over words and feelings. 

Seems like Fox News melted down.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5  Tessylo    5 years ago

War on Thanksgiving said no one ever.  

Gordy327
Professor Expert
5.1  Gordy327  replied to  Tessylo @5    5 years ago

Is the "War on Thanksgiving" anything like the mythical "War on Christmas?"

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @5    5 years ago

They will be no more successful in a war on thanksgiving to God for our blessings than they were in their war against the birth of the Messiah celebration on December 25.  

Gordy327
Professor Expert
5.2.1  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.2    5 years ago

I see you missed the part where such "wars" are entirely mythical. A "war" on a "holiday" is quite the laughable idea.

user image
Freshman Silent
6      5 years ago

I bet those native Americans wish they had built a wall and had better immigration and border security policies now. This Thanksgiving, I am thankful that Trump is still keeping America great.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7  Paula Bartholomew    5 years ago

I usually just say Happy Turkey Day.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8  Krishna    5 years ago

These wars never seem yo work.

To cite but one example-- look at the total failure of "The War on Drugs".

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
9  bbl-1    5 years ago

With Trump, everything is a war on something.  Even the 'Stormy Who' was a war of sorts with something which has yet to be defined.

Trump pardoned a couple of turkeys.  Did he touch them?  Note that he did not touch 'the dog hero dog' that visited the WH.  Also note that Pence petted the 'war hero dog' incessantly.

War on Thanksgiving?  Absolutely.  Trump defiles everything he touches, mentions, or thinks about.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10  Paula Bartholomew    5 years ago

he did not touch 'the dog hero dog' that visited the WH

I'm glad he didn't.  The dog might have caught something.