╌>

Ilhan Omar’s GOP Rival Permanently Suspended From Twitter After Suggesting She Be Hanged

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  69 comments

By:   The Wrap Rosemary Rossi

Ilhan Omar’s GOP Rival Permanently Suspended From Twitter After Suggesting She Be Hanged

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Politics

d98c5a50-ab56-11e6-a23e-95cc0b3b3453_The   Rosemary Rossi, The Wrap   Sat, Nov 30 11:28 PM EST  

3e8312a7dd63043bce08e953b48a973e

A Republican candidate hoping to unseat Rep. Ilhan Omar has been permanently banned from Twitter after writing several posts suggesting the Minnesota congresswoman be tried for treason and, if found guilty, hanged.

Danielle Stella, an ardent Trump supporter, echoed the unsubstantiated conspiracy theory that Omar shared classified intelligence with the Iranian government. In a   Tuesday twee t, Stella wrote: “If it is proven @IlhanMN passed sensitive info to Iran, she should be tried for #treason and hanged.”

She also tweeted “a crude depiction of a stick figure hanging from gallows,” according to   The Washington Times , which broke the story.

Both Stella’s primary account @2020MNCongress and her secondary account @StarDanielle have been suspended.

“My suspension for advocating for the enforcement of federal code proves Twitter will always side with and fight to protect terrorists, traitors, pedophiles and rapists,” Stella told the Times in a statement.

In a   Friday Facebook   post, Stella wrote that she “did not threaten anyone,” adding, “The only death threats I’m seeing is from the angry liberal mob where facts don’t matter, only emotion, and you’re somehow thinking you’re righteous by threatening my life, my supporters’ lives, my loved ones lives? No, this is wrong. You are hypocrites.”

Twitter, meanwhile, issued a statement, saying, “The account was permanently suspended for repeated violations of the Twitter Rules.”  Those   rules   include violence: “You may not threaten violence against an individual or a group of people. We also prohibit the glorification of violence.”

Omar, who is one of the first two Muslim women elected to Congress, responded to Stella’s comments in a   Friday tweet , drawing a line from “violent threats” to “violent acts.”

“This is the natural result of a political environment where anti-Muslim dogwhistles and dehumanization are normalized by an entire political party and its media outlets,” she wrote. “Violent rhetoric inevitably leads to violent threats, and ultimately, violent acts.”

Omar is a member of an informal group of progressive freshmen members of Congress that includes Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), Ayanna Pressley (D-Mass.) and Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) who are called “ The Squad .”

Read original story   Ilhan Omar’s GOP Rival Permanently Suspended From Twitter After Suggesting She Be Hanged   At TheWrap

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

' proves Twitter will always side with and fight to protect terrorists, traitors, pedophiles and rapists,” Stella told the Times in a statement.'

You're right about that when it comes to this 'president'

user image
Freshman Silent
2      5 years ago

[Removed]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  @2    5 years ago

What did you just say?

user image
Freshman Silent
2.1.1    replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    5 years ago

Not only has this woman made light of terrorist attacks against this country, she is also providing aid and comfort to the world's largest state sponsor of terrorism who chants death to America. She deserves a fair trial and all the justice that is owed to a traitor.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  @2.1.1    5 years ago

I'm not sure making light of terrorism amounts to a capital offense requiring she be hanged, but even more importantly, when did she make light of terrorism? 

As for your second "point" , that is apparently an unfounded right wing theory. 

user image
Freshman Silent
2.1.3    replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    5 years ago
when did she make light of terrorism

Some people did something? Are you kidding me? You could apply that same logic to the Nazis or the KKK. I guess in the past some people just did something and we should all just forget about it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  @2.1.3    5 years ago

In context, her comment was not disparaging the victims of 9-11. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.5  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.4    5 years ago

Which is why they always supply that quote out of context.  

user image
Freshman Silent
2.1.6    replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.4    5 years ago

I challenge you to walk up to a 9/11 victim and just shrug your shoulders say some people just did something. Make sure you record it and share so we can all enjoy it. Same thing we should say to people who had family at Pearl harbor right? Some people just did something. Doesn't matter who or what. This is where the whole Baizuo thing rings true from the Chinese about our leftists. Here you are defending Islamic terrorism sympathizers because she has a D next to her name. Sad!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @3    5 years ago

Thanks for the reminder that this crazy bitch is a QAnon whackjob/freakshow tRump supporter.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Tessylo @3.1    5 years ago

I have a feeling she will not be the eventual Republican nominee for the seat, but who knows? 

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
4  SteevieGee    5 years ago

“My suspension for advocating for the enforcement of federal code proves Twitter will always side with and fight to protect terrorists, traitors, pedophiles and rapists,” Stella told the Times in a statement.

Where, in federal code does it say that she should be hanged?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1  Greg Jones  replied to  SteevieGee @4    5 years ago

I'm sure it doesn't, be she is indeed a traitor, a security risk, and an aider and abettor to terrorism.

She should be tossed out of office and prosecuted, then deported.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1    5 years ago

You're confused and talking about tRump.  

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
4.1.2  SteevieGee  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1    5 years ago

Where, in federal code does it say that an American citizen should be deported.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1    5 years ago

At the very least, Omar should be removed from the Foreign Affairs Committee until the truth of the allegation is either proved or disproved.  Any Omar sympathizers who disagree with that are fools with one-track minds.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  SteevieGee @4.1.2    5 years ago
"Where, in federal code does it say that an American citizen should be deported."

Have there not been questions about the veracity of her citizenship application?  I'm not saying the accusations were true or not, but if they were she should certainly be a candidate for deportation.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.5  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1.4    5 years ago

How ridiculous.  She is a citizen.  Give me a break.  

I wonder who brought up the 'veracity of her citizenship application'jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.5    5 years ago

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.7  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.5    5 years ago

I posted an answer to your "wonderment", Tessylo.  No comment?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
5  cjcold    5 years ago

Hadn't even heard of QAnon until just now. Did some research and am not surprised that the far, far right have completely lost their collective minds.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

POLITICS NEWS

QAnon candidates: Fringe conspiracy theory moves closer to political mainstream

At least four candidates have shared QAnon messaging online or in person, suggesting the conspiracy theory is shifting from the internet to the campaign trail.
Nov. 11, 2019, 8:00 AM EST  / Updated  Nov. 11, 2019, 8:48 AM EST
By   Aaron Franco and Morgan Radford

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — At first glance, Matthew Lusk’s campaign signs look like any other Republican candidate's.

On one side, they read, “Matthew Lusk for Congress,” and “Putting America First.”

But as he flipped the signs over while loading them into a hatchback near his home in Florida earlier this year, he pointed out a detail pasted on the back of one: a black letter “Q.”

"You never know when you'll run into somebody else who's interested in Q," he said.

Lusk is running unopposed in the Republican primary for Florida’s 5th Congressional District. Among the 51 issues listed on his campaign website is “ Q .”

And he’s not alone.

NBC News has identified four candidates who have shared or promoted messages affiliated with the far-right QAnon conspiracy theory — either through campaign Twitter accounts or in interviews with the news organization. All four are running in primaries for Congress — two of them unopposed — and all have filed paperwork with the Federal Elections Commission.

191107-matthew-lusk-al-1323_50fe83d57a4b Matthew Lusk. lusk2020.com

Although interpretations vary and are constantly changing, most QAnon supporters believe that “Q” is an anonymous government official sharing information about a secret battle between President Donald Trump and a powerful cabal of Democratic politicians, liberal celebrities and the “deep state.”

Those posts, first shared through the website 4chan in 2017, also hint at a much darker plot in which many of those same figures control a worldwide child sex-trafficking ring.

None of those claims have been supported by fact.

Danielle Stella, who is running in a Republican primary to determine who will go up against Rep. Ilhan Omar in Minnesota’s 5th Congressional District, has a campaign account that frequently   retweets   QAnon-related messages   and   uses   the   #WWG1WGA   hashtag — a frequent rallying cry for QAnon believers that stands for the motto "where we go one, we go all." In August, Stella's account retweeted a post that asked people to “ Retweet if you support Q .”

In Texas’ 33rd Congressional District, Republican primary candidate Rich Helms' account has used the   #WWG1WGA   hashtag and   retweeted   and   expressed   support for QAnon accounts .

In July, he or someone from his campaign responded directly to a post about QAnon with “ #WWG1WGA .”

Both candidates also often show their support for Trump on Twitter.

Helms didn’t respond to multiple requests for comment.

The Stella campaign said by email: "I find it appalling that NBC would work so feverishly to defend child and sex traffickers, their funders, and their enablers.”

In Texas, Republican strategist Brendan Steinhauser says the conspiracy theory has started to creep into his work with candidates.

"I'll get emails about it,” Steinhauser said. "People come on their Facebook page, and activists will say, 'What's your stance on this?’ Or, ‘You heard about this, right?’"

He advises all of his clients to disavow the conspiracy theory and worries the trend will cause long-term damage to the party, especially among independent and swing voters.

"I think if they see candidates out there who are sounding crazy, that's going to hurt the Republican brand,” Steinhauser said.

At his home in Jacksonville, Lusk, who has expressed support for Trump, said he considers Q to be a reputable source of information.

“It’s like an advanced news warning,” he said. “Like, it might come out in the mainstream media a week or two weeks later. So I think there's a lot of inside sources, whoever this person is.”

Lusk said he first became aware of QAnon through YouTube last December and was drawn to it because of his concerns about the banking system and “globalization” — fearful of "powerful groups of people that are after world control in the West."

He sees Q’s allegations about child sex-trafficking as a secondary issue.

“Do I think there's powerful pedophiles out there? Yes,” Lusk said. “Is the ring like in the supreme control of what's happening in globalization? No, I think they're just like a fringe group within the power elite.”

‘Legitimate concerns’

In California’s 36th District, Republican primary candidate Erin Cruz doesn’t mention Q in any of her campaign material, but she acknowledges that many of her online followers are QAnon supporters.

Far from a fringe candidate, Cruz has a campaign banner hanging at the local Republican Party headquarters in LaQuinta, California, and claims an endorsement from the state chapter of Latinos for Trump.

“I think that we have to be very careful about what we think or call conspiracy theories,” Cruz said, referring to QAnon supporters, who she said have "legitimate concerns,” although she did not elaborate on what those were.

Cruz says she believes some of what Q posts is valid information, but she offered only vague answers having to do with the need for government transparency when asked what that might be.

“I think that the biggest thing with QAnon is there's information coming out," she said. "And sometimes it is in line with what's going on in government. So when you ask me, do I know what QAnon is? Yes, but what is it to everybody else? That's the bigger thing.”

Her message to other candidates: Treat QAnon supporters like any other voting bloc.

“I don't believe that candidates this day and age against a big party machine or machines can dismiss any person, any voter out there. And so with that, I would say, no, you shouldn't be dismissing individuals like QAnon supporters or believers,” she said.

191107-erin-cruz-al-1328_50fe83d57a4bada Erin Cruz attends the 11th Annual Hollywood F.A.M.E. Awards at Hard Rock Cafe on Nov. 8, 2017 in Hollywood, Calif. Leon Bennett / Getty Images

It’s not an unprecedented strategy.

QAnon followers are a small faction within the Republican Party, but they can be a powerful force online. A   New York Times analysis   found that 23,000 of Trump’s followers have QAnon references in their profiles, many of whom amplify the president’s message across the potentially hundreds of thousands in the QAnon community.

Although the president has never explicitly acknowledged the conspiracy theory, he has retweeted profiles with a   Q logo   or   QAnon messaging   in their bios, and he has met and taken an   Oval Office photo   with a prominent QAnon booster and radio host named   Michael William Lebron .

"I don't know that he's necessarily willfully pushing out the entire conspiracy theory,” Steinhauser said of Trump. "I do think he's endorsing and pushing out certain elements of it."

"But that's what makes a good, effective conspiracy theory," he added, "elements of truth or elements of nuance that can be promoted, right?"

At a recent rally in Minneapolis, supporters in QAnon T-shirts stood among the thousands in line waiting to get into the Target Center to see the president.

Standing near the front with a friend she’d met through QAnon groups online, Lynette Luukkonen said she’d “absolutely” support a candidate who ran on a QAnon platform.

“There’s a bunch of us that are sitting out in middle of America going: ‘Wow. We got this huge puzzle, let's solve it. Let's figure it out.’ It is fantastic,” she said. “And it has brought a lot of people together.”

And since she believes the mainstream media has been infiltrated by the CIA, she says she’ll continue to look to Q for information.

“I mean, how dumb do you think we are as citizens of this country?” she asked of the major news organizations. “We're done with that.”

Revillug
Freshman Participates
7  Revillug    5 years ago

There are times I can't figure out if that wall they are pretending to build at the border is intended to keep Mexicans out or Americans in.

Because one thing is certain: living in America ain't what it used to be.

lib50
Professor Silent
7.1  lib50  replied to  Revillug @7    5 years ago

Gop is choosing lies, they are making it pretty damn clear they don't care about the truth, they only care about their narrative keeping them in money and power.  They don't care about the country or Americans, they follow Putin's script.

lib50
Professor Silent
7.1.2  lib50  replied to    5 years ago

That imagination belongs with the rubes who believe the bullshit conspiracy theories of Qanon and the rest of the lies.  Some say they never heard of them, but same people push those lies.  Trump pushes those lies.  At this point everything out of a conservative mouth should be considered a lie until proven, Trump has taken lying to new heights, and the entire gop is following him down that path.  Some unwittingly.  Others lie and push bullshit with eyes wide open.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
7.1.3  Revillug  replied to  lib50 @7.1    5 years ago

They are seeking a long game of minority rule because the changing demographics, with white people headed to less than 50% of the population has them freaking out.

To which, I would remind people what Ed Norton once said on the Honeymooners to Ralph Kramden, "We have this saying in the sewer: Be nice to the people you meet on the way going up the ladder because you meet the same people on the way back down."

White privilege ain't what it used to be but the future doesn't need to be a hate war.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
7.1.6  Revillug  replied to    5 years ago

I'm glad your mixed too. It makes you less likely to get skin cancer.

lib50
Professor Silent
7.1.7  lib50  replied to    5 years ago

Aren't you one of those people who recently said you should only opine on your own race?  As in why are you opining on mine?  Do you want to be called a self loathing white/black/whatever mix? 

Never mind.  We were talking about the LIES Trump and the gop tell every day.  No wonder you don't want to address that.

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.2  Krishna  replied to  Revillug @7    5 years ago
Because one thing is certain: living in America ain't what it used to be.

And it never was!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8  Tacos!    5 years ago

Aren't there any just regular, stable people who want to run for office? It seems like the whole industry is 100% populated by nut jobs.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
8.1  Revillug  replied to  Tacos! @8    5 years ago

I'm not going to waste time talking about how awful the GOP is right now but the Democrats have gotten themselves into a tight spot with their own base. The left wing of the party will settle for nothing less than Medicare for All, complete student loan forgiveness, open borders and reparations.

Those are ideal positions which that all have some passionate supporters but they are not likely to advance into law without serious compromises being made. Obama was often criticized for negotiating with himself but at least he understood how sticking to ideal positions can completely blow up in our faces.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Revillug @8.1    5 years ago
'The left wing of the party will settle for nothing less than Medicare for All, complete student loan forgiveness, open borders and reparations.'

Untrue.  Where did you come up with that nonsense?

Revillug
Freshman Participates
8.1.2  Revillug  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.1    5 years ago
Untrue.  Where did you come up with that nonsense?

Watching the debates and reading articles.

Which item that I listed do you think can not be supported by an external quote from one of the candidates? Which item do you think does not have a passionate chorus on the left-wing of the Democratic Party?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Revillug @8.1.2    5 years ago

Whatever.  

Revillug
Freshman Participates
8.1.4  Revillug  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.3    5 years ago

That first set of debates was a bit of a nightmare. Most of the candidates generated soundbites that will haunt them in the general election. And it is not hard to imagine ads that paint the whole party as radicals who will stop nothing short of a lot of free stuff, open borders and reparations for African American Descendants of Slaves and "other groups."

Castro even said that he supported the right of access to free abortions for trans-women. I don't even think that such a thing is biologically possible. But he is down on the record supporting it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.5  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Revillug @8.1.4    5 years ago

Again, whatever.  More nonsense.  

Revillug
Freshman Participates
8.1.6  Revillug  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.5    5 years ago
More nonsense. 

Did you not watch that debate?

Revillug
Freshman Participates
8.1.7  Revillug  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.5    5 years ago

Anyway, agree to disagree or whatever.

I don't want to get on your bad side.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.8  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Revillug @8.1.7    5 years ago

I didn't watch any of the debates.

I think it's foolish to say that we're all for open borders and reparations and totally free college tuition.

I think everyone should have healthcare.  

Revillug
Freshman Participates
8.1.9  Revillug  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.8    5 years ago
I think it's foolish to say that we're all for open borders and reparations and totally free college tuition.

I didn't say everyone in the Democrats are for all that.

Just to be clear I am a Democrat. I have gathered signatures to get Democrats on the ballot. I attend events to hear local Democrats speak to the issues.

One thing that people seem to be forgetting is that a majority of Democrats are centrists and conservatives. But if you watched that first debate you would have thought they were running to be president of Twitter as opposed to the Democratic nominee to defeat Trump.

I think everyone should have healthcare.

Exactly!

And if the way to do that is with Medicare for All, that's fine. And if the way to do that is by building on Obamacare that is also fine.

There's just no point in anyone or the entire party falling on their sword for an ideological position like Medicare for All if a majority of the people don't even want it.

The Democrats have my endorsement to fight for better healthcare for all Americans. If at the end of the day that resembles an improved version of Obamacare or single payer system like M4A, I don't really care. Just as long is it is an improvement.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.10  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Revillug @8.1.9    5 years ago

Sorry I was so nasty to you initially.  

Peace?

I think there are too many running for President on the Democrat side.  I think they should stop throwing each other under the bus.   I think they should all get together and talk and really cut down on the number running.  It's ridiculous.  

What Castro said is totally outrageous.  Is he still running?

Revillug
Freshman Participates
8.1.11  Revillug  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.10    5 years ago
What Castro said is totally outrageous.  Is he still running?

He also shot himself in the foot when he tried to pounce on Biden mocking him for supposedly "not remembering what he said a minute ago." If I remember correctly the audience actually booed him.

I think they should stop throwing each other under the bus. 

Yeah. We need civil debates and a recognition that we are trying to sort out the platform every bit as much as we are trying to choose a candidate.

Most of them mean well and just about any one of them would be better than Trump.

(I'm not so sure about Tulsi Gabbard. Not quite sure about that one.)

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.1.12  Split Personality  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.10    5 years ago

Still running although he missed qualifying for the last debate, he's hoping for strong showings in Iowa, etc.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.1.13  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.10    5 years ago
I think there are too many running for President on the Democrat side.  I think they should stop throwing each other under the bus.   I think they should all get together and talk and really cut down on the number running.

For better or worse, the DNC seems very committed to addressing this through their process of qualifying for debates. With each new debate, it gets harder and harder to make the stage. Currently, I read that only 6 candidates have qualified for the December debate. That’s a very manageable group. Realistically, I think if you’re not in the debates on TV, you’re pretty much done.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.14  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Revillug @8.1.11    5 years ago

I don't like Gabbard 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.15  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @8.1.13    5 years ago

Thanks for that.  Six is reasonable 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.17  seeder  Tessylo  replied to    5 years ago

What the fuck?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.19  seeder  Tessylo  replied to    5 years ago

Her looks have nothing to do with anything like most of your questions/comments

It was a stupid question 

Revillug
Freshman Participates
8.1.21  Revillug  replied to    5 years ago
Is she too hot?

I can't figure out if she is running for president or auditioning to be a Marvel Comics superhero.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1.22  Krishna  replied to  Revillug @8.1.9    5 years ago
One thing that people seem to be forgetting is that a majority of Democrats are centrists and conservatives.

True

.In fact that's why (to quote a previous comment of yours):

they  will settle for nothing less than Medicare for All, complete student loan forgiveness, open borders and reparations.

Typical conservative positions!

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1.23  Krishna  replied to  Revillug @8.1.9    5 years ago
One thing that people seem to be forgetting is that a majority of Democrats are centrists and conservatives

And another thing people seem to be forgetting is that a majority of Republicans are centrists and liberals!

Just remember:

War Is Peace,

Freedom Is Slavery,

and Ignorance Is Bliss

Just keep saying that to yourself Gullible Swift.

Just keep repeating it over and over and over again.

(And maybe they'll let you out someday...)

Revillug
Freshman Participates
8.1.24  Revillug  replied to  Krishna @8.1.23    5 years ago
And another thing people seem to be forgetting is that a majority of Republicans are centrists and liberals!

I don't know if there is in fact that sort of symmetry between the parties. I am inclined to believe there are very few liberal Republicans.

But I didn't pull that statement about a majority of Democrats being centrist or conservative leaning from my whoopie cushion. I've seen articles within the last six months explaining the internal makeup of the party.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

That 100% is on the 'right'

Krishna
Professor Expert
10  Krishna    5 years ago

That 100% is on the 'right'

Well, you know what good 'ole Bob Hicks said:

“Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am -- not stuck in the middle, but hovering above the entire farcical spectrum, weeping as I behold my fellow man's devotion to political illusion and self-destruction.”

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.1  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @10    5 years ago
“Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am -- not stuck in the middle, but hovering above the entire farcical spectrum, weeping as I behold my fellow man's devotion to political illusion and self-destruction.”

Or, in the famous words of a great bard of a slightly earlier generation:

(For Carl Solomon):

I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked,
dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix,
angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night,
who poverty and tatters and hollow-eyed and high sat up smoking in the supernatural darkness of cold-water flats floating across the tops of cities contemplating jazz,
who bared their brains to Heaven under the El and saw Mohammedan angels staggering on tenement roofs illuminated,
who passed through universities with radiant cool eyes hallucinating Arkansas and Blake-light tragedy among the scholars of war,
who were expelled from the academies for crazy & publishing obscene odes on the windows of the skull,
who cowered in unshaven rooms in underwear, burning their money in wastebaskets and listening to the Terror through the wall,
who got busted in their pubic beards returning through Laredo with a belt of marijuana for New York,
who ate fire in paint hotels or drank turpentine in Paradise Alley, death, or purgatoried their torsos night after night
with dreams, with drugs, with waking nightmares, alcohol and cock and endless balls,
Identify the author-- win a prize!

Revillug
Freshman Participates
10.1.1  Revillug  replied to  Krishna @10.1    5 years ago
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness

I guess Ginsberg had some friends who dropped acid.