╌>

When does normal partisanship become treason?

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  12 comments

Today is an interesting day in the news so far. As I am looking through my news feeds, I am seeing quite a few stories about Republican "treason".  Hyperbole or no, it shows that it is becoming a topic on the table. Why? 

The Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee are going to release a report saying Trump "did nothing wrong" as regards the withholding of the funds from Ukraine.  That's quite remarkable. He did NOTHING wrong. The GOP defends every one of his actions and every one of his statements as being, so to speak, "perfect". 

So, 

The GOP Is the Russian Propaganda Party Now

The Daily Beast, Matt Lewis (a conservative. 

-

It's one thing for a moron like Donald Trump to try and lie his way through life, it's quite another when an entire political party tries to do so. 

-

omWV1cZs_normal.jpg

Kyle Griffin

@kylegriffin1

· 1h

Sen. Angus King on CNN: "I sat through 25 hearings, briefing, meetings, probably more, on the question of what happened in 2016. In none of those meetings was there ever a hint, a breath, a suggestion, a word that somehow Ukraine was involved in the 2016 election .. . it was Russia."

-

Jay Bookman

@jaysbookman

·

2h

This right here is the pure stuff. The real enemy, the evil trying to take America down, are not thuggish foreign leaders but the guy down the street with the Bernie Sanders sign. And if making common cause with the likes of Putin helps you defeat that Sanders fan, you do it.

Quote Tweet

i-3jogZK_normal.jpg

Marcus Baram

@mbaram

· 12h

Tucker Carlson goes off on media pundits who agree with intel assessments that Russia’s interfered in our elections: “The irony, of course, is that Putin, for all his faults, does not hate America is much as many of these people do. They really dislike our country.”

-

Kyle Griffin

@kylegriffin1

CNN confirms:      The Republican-controlled Senate Intelligence Committee looked into allegations that Ukraine interfered in the 2016 election and found no evidence to support the claims, according to sources familiar with the matter.

-

We now have numerous Republicans, and the GOP House committee report , claiming that is proper to investigate the DNC and the Bidens in Ukraine, in direct contradiction to the findings their own party made previously in the Senate.   Why? Simply to protect Trump and display their submissiveness to him. 

This seems extremely questionable and in the ball park of traitorous behavior. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago

The US Senate investigated meddling in the 2016 election. They found nothing by Ukraine they merited inclusion in their report. 

Many many months later, because Trump is in hot water, the House Republicans disregard the findings of their own compatriots in the Senate. 

The Republican party is becoming unmoored from traditional American conduct and behavior in these matters, and in the simple exercise of truthfulness. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

They didn't find anything that suggested Russia actually "interfered" in the 2016 election either.

If you think otherwise, please provide proof of your sweeping generalization.

How does that lead you to make an absurd allegation of treason?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    5 years ago
They didn't find anything that suggested Russia actually "interfered" in the 2016 election either.

Bamboozling nonsense. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to    5 years ago

I won't be as nice to you as Perrie was on the other thread. 

We have to put an end to right wing bamboozling idiocies as soon as possible, for the benefit of our country. Unfortunately it is ingrained on NT, and of course elsewhere as well. 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
1.1.4  katrix  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    5 years ago
If you think otherwise, please provide proof of your sweeping generalization.

You have been provided with proof over and over.

There is no point providing the truth to a Trump toadie, because they will refuse to believe it. Maybe it's an allergy or something.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  katrix @1.1.4    5 years ago
You have been provided with proof over and over.

Then it should be easy for "someone" to provide said "proof".Don't you agree? And treason? Really? 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.5    5 years ago

Treason.  Really.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.6    5 years ago

LMFAO!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.8  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    5 years ago
Bamboozling nonsense.