╌>

DOJ watchdog finds Russia investigation not improper, despite missteps

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  5 years ago  •  122 comments

DOJ watchdog finds Russia investigation not improper, despite missteps
DOJ watchdog finds Russia investigation not improper, despite missteps. The report contradicts claims by Trump that the investigation was unlawful.

A Lot of Crow Will Be Eaten by the damn gop tonight...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

DOJ watchdog finds Russia investigation not improper, despite missteps.

The report contradicts claims by Trump that the investigation was unlawful.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/doj-watchdog-finds-russia-investigation-improper-missteps/story?id=67599147

Horowitz said the office "did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced [Priestap's] decision." 
However, Horowitz in his year-and-a-half long investigation uncovered "serious performance failures" on the part of agents involved in the FISA applications for surveillance of former Trump campaign aide Carter Page, according to the report. 
While Horowitz found no evidence of political bias or improper motivation for the FISA applications for Page, he documented what he described as serious errors and omissions that "made it appear that the information supporting probable cause was stronger than was actually the case." 
Horowitz said the errors "raised significant questions regarding the FBI chain of command's management and supervision of the FISA process."

In a statement reacting to the report's release, Attorney General William Barr stated that he believed the evidence compiled by Horowitz showed that the FBI "launched an intrusive investigation of a U.S. presidential campaign on the thinnest of suspicions that, in my view, were insufficient to justify the steps taken." 
"It is also clear that, from its inception, the evidence produced by the investigation was consistently exculpatory," Barr said. "Nevertheless, the investigation and surveillance was pushed forward for the duration of the campaign and deep into President Trump’s administration." 
Prior to its public release, the report was transmitted to Congress where lawmakers and aides reviewed it with staff from Horowitz's office, sources familiar with the matter tell ABC News. Horowitz is set to testify on the report's findings on Wednesday in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee. 
ABC's Katherine Faulders and Benjamin Siegel contributed reporting to this piece. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    5 years ago

The Trump/Russia Probe was JUSTIFIED... 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.2  It Is ME  replied to  JBB @1    5 years ago
The Trump/Russia Probe was JUSTIFIED...

"In a statement reacting to the report's release, Attorney General William Barr stated that he believed the evidence compiled by Horowitz showed that the FBI "launched an intrusive investigation of a U.S. presidential campaign on the thinnest of suspicions that, in my view, were insufficient to justify the steps taken."  

Now that's odd ! jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

katrix
Sophomore Participates
1.2.1  katrix  replied to  It Is ME @1.2    5 years ago

It's not odd at all that Barr disagrees with the IG's findings - he's so far up Trump's ass that he can't even see daylight. And like Trump, he is no fan of actual facts.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.2.2  It Is ME  replied to  katrix @1.2.1    5 years ago

[deleted]

katrix
Sophomore Participates
1.2.3  katrix  replied to  It Is ME @1.2.2    5 years ago

As usual, your comments make no sense.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.2.4  It Is ME  replied to  katrix @1.2.3    5 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Tessylo  replied to  katrix @1.2.3    5 years ago

I'll second that.  

Ender
Professor Principal
1.2.6  Ender  replied to  katrix @1.2.1    5 years ago

Barr is nothing but a clean up man.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.7  seeder  JBB  replied to  Ender @1.2.6    5 years ago

Can The Bar Association bar Barr from the bar?

Ender
Professor Principal
1.2.8  Ender  replied to  JBB @1.2.7    5 years ago

Hell the senate repubs ignore the Bar association when they keep saying the people the repubs keep putting on lifetime benches are not qualified.

As usual they put ideology over country.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.2.9  It Is ME  replied to  JBB @1.2.7    5 years ago

If they're fed enough Dirty martini's.....probably !

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.2.10  It Is ME  replied to  It Is ME @1.2.4    5 years ago
It's not odd at all that Barr disagrees with the IG's findings - he's so far up Trump's ass

Other's " Assumptions " are much, much, much better ! jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.11  seeder  JBB  replied to  It Is ME @1.2.10    5 years ago

Are you talking to yourself now?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.2.12  It Is ME  replied to  JBB @1.2.11    5 years ago
Are you talking to yourself now?

You tell me ! jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg

charger 383
Professor Silent
1.2.13  charger 383  replied to  JBB @1.2.7    5 years ago

that is funny and if we were at a bar I would buy you drink for that post

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.17  Krishna  replied to  JBB @1.2.7    5 years ago

I think there are definite grounds to impeach BARR!

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.2.18  bugsy  replied to  Krishna @1.2.17    5 years ago

For what?

BTW..."I don't like him" doesn't count.

Liberals are trying, and failing, to use that strategy against Trump.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2.19  Greg Jones  replied to  Krishna @1.2.17    5 years ago

Like what? Can you list them and give your "reasoning".

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Barr is a Trump bootlicker, because Trump has appointed many far right judges to lifetime positions on the federal bench. 

As we now know from his speeches, etc, Barr is an extremist in terms of how he regards progressives and others on the "left". 

He has contaminated the Attorney General's position with right wing political ideology and whatever he says with political overtones has to be taken as questionable on its face. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @2    5 years ago

You going to apologize to Nunes? Or just pretend your attacks on his report on the FISA warrants never happened?  

If anything, Nunes didn't go far enough.  The IG report is much more damning than the Nunes report was.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1    5 years ago

I havent read the report yet, but if you can, please point out where it exposes a deep state conspiracy against Trump, and where in the report it exposes the Obama administration spying on Trump. 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.1.2  katrix  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    5 years ago

Since the report doesn't say what some in here repeatedly claimed it would say, all they have is "Barr doesn't agree with it" - which is just what I knew the Trump toadies would say.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    5 years ago

Remember when Adam Schiff wrote a memo and lied when he said the Steele dossier played a limited role in obtaining the FISA warrant?  Then you and all the other progressives parroted Schiff and falsely claimed Nunes was lying?

Good times!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.4  Ozzwald  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.3    5 years ago
Then you and all the other progressives parroted Schiff and falsely claimed Nunes was lying?

He was lying.  The fact that you point this out means you have not read the IG's report, you're just parroting some spam you got from a right wing conspiracy source.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.3    5 years ago

So in other words, there is no conclusion in the IG report stating a 'deep state' conspiracy or spying on Trump. OK. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Sean Treacy  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.4    5 years ago

C'mon. Let's hear some more about how the Steele dossier was verified and Cohen really  was in Prague, despite what Mueller wrote.  

Prove the IG wrong. 

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.7  seeder  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.6    5 years ago

No, but this does explain why Andrew McCabe has never been and will not ever be indicted...

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.8  Ozzwald  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.6    5 years ago
Let's hear some more about how the Steele dossier

You'd almost think that talking about the Steele Dossier" gives you guys a woody.  You like repeating it over and over even when it is not the subject at hand.

woody-screen-grab.png?w=493&h=438&crop=1

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.9  Sean Treacy  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.8    5 years ago

You'd almost think that talking about the Steele Dossier" gives you guys a woody.

So you gaslight the form for years peddling lies about the Steele dossier being verified despite overwhelming proof to the contrary and now suddenly don't want to talk about it when it's debunked yet again?   

Sad. 

when it is not the subject at hand

Do you understand what's happening?  The Steele dossier is the subject at hand. Have you even looked at the IG's report?  FFS  what a crazy thing to claim, with the IG's report right there for everyone to see. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.10  Ozzwald  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.9    5 years ago
So you gaslight the form for years peddling lies about the Steele dossier being verified despite overwhelming proof to the contrary and now suddenly don't want to talk about it when it's debunked yet again? 

Please provide that proof.  Several items is the dossier have been verified, how many have been disproven?

P.S. Don't bother replying unless you can give us links to substantiate your claims.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.11  Sean Treacy  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.10    5 years ago

My link is the report.

You should read it.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.12  Ozzwald  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.11    5 years ago
You should read it.

I did, perhaps you should.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.14  Ozzwald  replied to    5 years ago
But you can't even show which ones.

I have shown you before wally, if you'd take your fingers out of your ears you wouldn't have to ask over and over and over.

Revisiting the Trump-Russia dossier: What's right, wrong and still unclear?

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.15  bugsy  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.14    5 years ago

Your source is CNN

Not exactly the bastion of truth.

Horowitz clearly stated the dossier was a figment of imagination by a few dudes sitting in a bar over beers.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.16  Sean Treacy  replied to  bugsy @2.1.15    5 years ago

Imagine citing a story about the dossier from January and ignoring the IG report that came out this week.

Textbook example of intellectual dishonesty. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.3  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @2    5 years ago
right wing political ideology and whatever he says with political overtones has to be taken as questionable on its face. 

You mean for following the intent of the Founders and the laws listed in the Constitution and Bill of Rights?

You must realize that this whole impeachment circus is sore loser politics and has no chance in hell of getting rid of Trump.

Can't wait for the impeachment inquiry into Barr to begin

.                                                                                                                                                                                                   

JBB
Professor Principal
3  seeder  JBB    5 years ago

Facts Still Matter In America...

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @3    5 years ago

What facts?

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2    5 years ago

The facts that the Trump Russia Probe was properly predicted, totally justified and not politically motivated...

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2.3  seeder  JBB  replied to    5 years ago

I'll take the Inspector General's well reasoned opinion based on the evidence over your uninformed one any day...

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

Absolutely damning indictment of the FBI.  

How can anyone trust the FBI when it  lied, repeatedly, to the FISA Court? 

If you go beyond the MSM headlines and read the actual report, even the executive summary, and still have confidence in the FBI as an honest agency of law enforcement agency, you are an idiot.  No matter what your political persuasion, you should be outraged at what the FBI did. It's conduct was reprehensible. 

I'm glad the IS is ordering an audit of all FISA applications and recommending new procedures be put in place to prevent such a travesty from occurring again. Good first steps.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
6  katrix    5 years ago
In a statement reacting to the report's release, Attorney General William Barr stated that he believed the evidence compiled by Horowitz showed that the FBI "launched an intrusive investigation of a U.S. presidential campaign on the thinnest of suspicions that, in my view, were insufficient to justify the steps taken." 

Sorry, Barr, the IG disagrees with you, despite all the Trump toadies in here claiming that they somehow had insider knowledge that this report would end up with tons of Democrats thrown in jail.

Of course Barr wouldn't ever accept anything that doesn't favor Trump; he thinks he works for Trump rather than for us. Same way he tried to twist the Mueller report - he's a disgrace.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

This report is a treasure trove.

Remember the allegation in the Steele dossier that Carter Page received a massive bribe offer  from Rosneft  to lift sanctions?

Christopher Steele made it up. Steele's  "source" for that allegation flatly denied making that claim, and provided the IG with the documentation disproving it. 

I almost feel bad for the people who spent the last three years embarrassing themselves by claiming, in the face of all evidence, that the Steele dossier was verified. The IG just comprehensively destroyed the dossier. Hopefully, this will be the end of the dossier truthers. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
7.1  Ronin2  replied to  Sean Treacy @7    5 years ago

They are ignoring that now. The Steele Dossier is so yesterday.

Now they are focusing on the fact that the IG found no FBI wrong doing; just some clerical errors trying to make the information they had seem far more damning that it really was. I mean so what if they used the completely bogus Steele Dossier. It still wasn't wrong to do so damn it. 

Of course also from the IG, "According to the report, Horowitz found that DOJ had an authorized purpose in investigating whether there was a crime, and noted the "low threshold" for opening such an investigation. He also noted that while former FBI lawyer Peter Strzok was involved in the decision to open the investigation, the actual authorization came from his supervisor Bill Priestap, the former assistant director of the FBI's counterintelligence division.

Seems that doctoring information on FISA reports to reach the low threshold to open an investigation, and maintain it is not a big deal to the IG.

I know, I know, but Trruuummmmppppp!!!!!!! That is the only thing the left has to go on. They don't give a shit how they do it, so long as they do it. They would have screamed forever to the heavens if this was ever pulled on Clinton or Obama. Then it would have all been a "vast right wing conspiracy within the bowels of the government to remove a duly elected Democratic President."

Ender
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Ender  replied to  Ronin2 @7.1    5 years ago
Republicans have complained that the FBI, in its applications to seek and renew surveillance on Page, concealed its reliance on Steele's findings. But copies of those applications released after USA TODAY and others sued showed FBI investigators did disclose to judges that Steele was seeking information to "discredit" Trump, and investigators had broader suspicions about Page's ties to the Russian government. 

Page, who had longstanding connections in Russia, admitted meeting with Kremlin officials in July 2016, when he was the Trump campaign's foreign policy adviser. Later that year, the FBI obtained a surveillance warrant on Page as part of its counterintelligence investigation into Russia and possible ties to the Trump campaign.

The FBI's counterintelligence investigation was launched in summer 2016, after the FBI learned another campaign aide, George Papadopoulos, boasted to an Australian diplomat that Russia had offered the Trump campaign damaging information about Clinton. 

Investigators determined that Russian intelligence had stolen troves of emails from the Democratic National Committee. Papadopoulos' boast came before the Russian intrusions were publicly known. 

Special Counsel Robert Mueller took over the FBI's investigation in May 2017 and indicted three dozen individuals and entities, including six former Trump associates and campaign aides – all of whom have either pleaded guilty or have been convicted by a jury. Page was never indicted as part of the Russia probe. 

Mueller's two-year investigation found a “sweeping and systematic" effort by the Russian government to intercede in the election to help Trump win, but concluded neither the president nor his campaign conspired with Russians, according to the special counsel’s report released in April. The report, however, portrayed the campaign as an eager beneficiary of Russian efforts. 

Link

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
7.1.2  Sunshine  replied to  Ender @7.1.1    5 years ago

What a bunch of hyperbole.

Ender
Professor Principal
7.1.3  Ender  replied to  Sunshine @7.1.2    5 years ago

Don't like facts do ya...

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
7.1.4  Sunshine  replied to  Ender @7.1.3    5 years ago

You should be concerned about how this article is written, but I guess those who suffer TDS are the most gullible to puffery.

Ender
Professor Principal
7.1.5  Ender  replied to  Sunshine @7.1.4    5 years ago

The only true TDS around here are the supporters that cheer on trump and his lies/crooked behavior. 

All the while turning a blind eye to facts.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
7.1.6  Greg Jones  replied to  Ender @7.1.5    5 years ago

You wouldn't know a fact from a hole in the ground.

Wishes, hopes, and opinions are not facts.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
7.1.7  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Greg Jones @7.1.6    5 years ago
You wouldn't know a fact from a hole in the ground.

Well, I suppose for many on the right, a large dark empty void seems preferable to facts. Ender, however, seems to have quite an affinity for facts and uses them all the time in his comments.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Based on Durham's inappropriate statements today (which would poison any criminal case that might result from his investigation)  I think we may see the House Judiciary committee open a hearing into the conduct of Barr and Durham . Barr is impeachable and maybe we can get a double impeachment on the same day. Trump and Barr going down in disgrace together !

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
10  Nerm_L    5 years ago

Isn't Michael Horowitz really stating a variation of the Clinton defense; actions were inappropriate and reckless but not criminal?  The findings of IG Horowitz's investigation institutionalizes 'the ends justify the means'.

The political implications are worrying.  The only necessity is for investigative (and intelligence) agencies to presume guilt and take whatever steps (legal and illegal) to prove guilt.  The ends justify the means.  Putting the worms back in the can is becoming increasingly difficult.

Ender
Professor Principal
10.1  Ender  replied to  Nerm_L @10    5 years ago

So do you think that if you or I were talking to Russian agents, that were trying to recruit people, the FBI would not look into it?

Why some want to give others special privilege that they themselves could not posses...

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
10.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Ender @10.1    5 years ago

You think they would bother investigating anyone not associated with Trump using the flimsiest information they could find; and omitting anything that contradicts their narrative on FISA warrants?

They doctored the information to start the investigation; and they continued to doctor it to keep it going.

Ender
Professor Principal
10.1.2  Ender  replied to  Ronin2 @10.1.1    5 years ago

So you are actually going to say it was flimsy information when they knew for a fact that the people had Russian contacts...

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
10.1.3  Nerm_L  replied to  Ender @10.1    5 years ago
So do you think that if you or I were talking to Russian agents, that were trying to recruit people, the FBI would not look into it? Why some want to give others special privilege that they themselves could not posses...

No.  If the Russian agents were part of a diplomatic mission or were registered lobbyists then the discussions would be legal.  And the FBI certainly would not initiate a counterintelligence operation involving intensive surveillance for legal contacts.  And any discussion with Russian agents or representatives outside the United States is not within the FBI's jurisdiction.

So, it requires considerably more than simply talking to Russians to justify a counterintelligence effort.  If simply talking to Russians was the necessary requirement then there is little doubt that several members of Congress should be under FBI surveillance, too.  I wouldn't be surprised if Russian money made its way into several Congressional political campaigns.

Ender
Professor Principal
10.1.4  Ender  replied to  Nerm_L @10.1.3    5 years ago

They had recordings of the Russian agents. They were even basically calling Page an idiot. They were trying to recruit people.

We both know it is more than someone talking to a Russian citizen.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
10.2  Sunshine  replied to  Nerm_L @10    5 years ago

They say history will repeat itself.  

It certainly did with Obama's dirty cops.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

Here's what one  of Steele's  main sources told the IG his "evidence" consisted of:

1, the Primary Sub-source said he/ she made it clear to Steele that h’e/she had no proof to support the statements from his/her sub-sources and that “it was just talk.” WFO Agent 1 said that the Primary Sub-source explained that his/ her information came from “word of mouth and hearsay;” “conversation that [he/she] had with friends over beers;” and that some of the information, such as allegations about Trump’s sexual activities, were statements he/she heard made in “jest.”

Actual jokes were the basis of this investigation. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @11    5 years ago

Oh, the "pee" thing was a joke. Thats reassuring. Now we know Trump is an honest, upright, good guy who is being persecuted. jrSmiley_30_smiley_image.gif

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @11.1    5 years ago

John, does it bother you at all that FBI is predicating investigations on jokes?  Do civil liberties still matter to liberals these days?  

Put aside your Trump derangement and think about what you are defending. 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
11.1.2  katrix  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.1.1    5 years ago

Put aside your Trump denial and think about what you are defending.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.1.1    5 years ago

[deleted]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11.1.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  katrix @11.1.2    5 years ago
Trump denial and think about what you are defending

I'm defending the idea that the FBI should present accurate, verified information and not lie to the Court when obtaining warrants to spy on American citizens. 

Sad that's controversial these days. 

Ender
Professor Principal
11.1.6  Ender  replied to  JohnRussell @11.1.3    5 years ago

Their endless lies and spin and misdirection is unreal.

They can't even keep the same story. It changes constantly. From no quid pro quo, to it doesn't matter, to they all do it, now back to the beginning.

Round and round.

JBB
Professor Principal
11.1.7  seeder  JBB  replied to    5 years ago

Are you advocating abuse of power?

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
11.1.8  Sunshine  replied to  JohnRussell @11.1    5 years ago
Oh, the "pee" thing was a joke.

lol....the TDS folks really believed it.  They believe anything the Russians say, apparently so did Obama's FBI.  Now that is scary.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11.1.9  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @11.1.3    5 years ago
  Your endless defenses of Trump have thrown all that in the wastebasket. 

Being angry that the FBI would mislead a Court of law is not a "defense of Trump." 

Sad your worldview has descended to the point where you judge everything on whether you think it helps or hurt Trump.    You have become the mirror image of what you claim Trump to be. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.1.10  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.1.5    5 years ago

Is Donald Trump fit to serve as president of the United States for five more years? 

charger 383
Professor Silent
11.1.13  charger 383  replied to    5 years ago

I apologize for the typo. I wanted to type NT members, my bad.  I have been around from those days.  And YES I sometimes think I wondered into a daycare center and sometimes I think I have been condemned to herd cats.    

Ender
Professor Principal
11.1.14  Ender  replied to  charger 383 @11.1.13    5 years ago

Ha.  I didn't notice until you said that. I think I have done it before too.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12  JohnRussell    5 years ago
You have become the mirror image of what you claim Trump to be. 

That'll be the day . I've probably lied a few times in my life, and probably cheated a tiny bit on something over decades of life, but nothing like Trump,  -   but I am not a bigot , and would be embarrassed to death to say some of the moronic things that man has said. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
13  Sunshine    5 years ago
However, Horowitz in his year-and-a-half long investigation uncovered "serious performance failures" on the part of agents involved in the FISA applications for surveillance of former Trump campaign aide Carter Page, according to the report. 

Obama's FBI where dirty and incompetent. 

What a shocker!

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
14  The Magic 8 Ball    5 years ago
A Lot of Crow Will Be Eaten by the damn gop tonight...

try again... LOL

Y'all seem to think it is over when this is actually just the start.

keep your popcorn handy :)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
15  Tessylo    5 years ago

Ya got nothin', as usual

freepress
Freshman Silent
17  freepress    5 years ago

Just like all the "tea party" nonsense where they stood with Bush and his cronies over the war, they all still speak as one mind, without any facts that get through. GOP voters are completely and totally brainwashed to accept all corruption, all cronyism, all acts no matter how despicable as long as it is someone they voted for. It's a complete denial of all wrong. A total unwillingness to accept that someone who has the magic "R" cannot be wrong and therefore makes the voter who supports the magical "R" candidate never wrong. Where is the magical "Tea Party"? They are nowhere, because as I said all along, once they could no longer be exploited by Republicans and the party, they squelched it; they are no longer useful. Republicans knew all along they could do what they wanted and every "R" voter would buy it lock, stock and barrel. Regardless of how Republicans repeatedly year after year lie to their own base. The "R" voters buy it and lap it up anyway, accepting ANY talking point pushed at them. These "R" voters are a completely lost cause. They won't ever, ever, ever give in to truth when it is so much easier to believe the fantasy and check the "R" believing every time they do it all the magical lies are true. Their party belief system is like a belief in Santa or the all consuming "daddy" figure who can do no wrong.