╌>

Geert Wilders revives contest for cartoons that mock Muhammad (PBUH)

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  5 years ago  •  21 comments

Geert Wilders revives contest for cartoons that mock Muhammad (PBUH)
“Freedom of speech must prevail over violence and Islamic fatwas,” the leader of the largest opposition party in the Dutch parliament wrote.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

In a Twitter post, Wilders called on people to send in their Muhammad cartoons. Photograph: Eva Plevier/Reuters

Wilders cancelled a similar contest in August last year after police arrested a man who had threatened to kill him over his plan.

At the time, plans to hold the contest prompted large demonstrations in Pakistan, organised by Islamist party Tehreek-e-Labbaik, which called on Islamist countries to sever all ties with the   Netherlands .

Images of the Prophet Muhammad are traditionally forbidden in Islam as idolatrous.

Related

1. Senior Palestinian claims Jesus was an Islamic martyr

2. Christian Teen Arrested In Egypt For Allegedly Posting Muhammad (PBUH) Cartoons On Facebook

3. The 2005/6 " Mohammed (PBUH) Cartoon Crisis " - Part I

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

In 2005, Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten published cartoons of Muhammad that sparked demonstrations across the Muslim world as well as several attempts to kill either its editor or cartoonist Kurt Westergaard.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

Ten years later, in Paris, a pair of  Islamist gunmen killed 12 people at the offices of the magazine   Charlie Hebdo , also known for publishing satirical cartoons of Muhammad.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3  Paula Bartholomew    5 years ago

Images of the Prophet Muhammad are traditionally forbidden in Islam as idolatrous

Yet they have no problem with their false prophet wedding and bedding a nine year old.  Drawing a picture of him is easy.  Just draw a big *which stands for asshole.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3    5 years ago

Now, now...we must show the proper respect for other peoples' religions!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Krishna @3.1    5 years ago

Not when it involves pedophilia.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

Krishna!!!  Do you have 24/7 armed guard protection?  Are you in hiding like Salmann Rushdie?  Do you not realize that your life is now endangered?  The savages could be looking for you right now.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4    5 years ago

Images of the Prophet Muhammad are traditionally forbidden in Islam as idolatrous.

For example:

Illustration showing Mohammed (on the right) preaching his final sermon to his earliest converts, on Mount Arafat near Mecca; taken from a medieval-era manuscript of the astronomical treatise  The Remaining Signs of Past Centuries  by the Persian scholar  al-Biruni ; currently housed in the collection of  the Bibliotheque Nationale, Paris  ( Manuscrits Arabe 1489 fol. 5v ). '

This scene was popular among medieval Islamic artists, and several nearly identical versions of this drawing (such as this one  [shown in detail below] and  this one ) were made in the Middle Ages.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @4.1    5 years ago

Yes, images of Mohammed (PBUH) are totally forbidden by Islam!

TOTALLY!

Mohammed's Flight from Mecca in 622 AD;  Algerian color postcard from the 1920s or '30s . Mohammed is the figure dressed in red entering the cave.  The original postcard is in a private collection . (To see a high-resolution version of the postcard which has a watermark visible, click  here .)
(Thanks to: Martin H.)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @4.1    5 years ago

As well, Jews do not have images of God in their synagogues, but if a person were to do a cartoon of God's image, they would not be hunted and murdered.  Judaism is so much older than Islam, yet more civilized - no fatwas for drawing images, no honour killings, no death sentences for blasphemy or apostates, etc. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4    5 years ago

Krishna!!!  Do you have 24/7 armed guard protection?  Are you in hiding like Salmann Rushdie?  Do you not realize that your life is now endangered? 

Not to worry-- Islam is the Religion of Peace!

The savages could be looking for you right now.

The savages are always looking for me! (It seems like almost every time I seed an article here, one or more of them will direct some sort of nasty personal attack at me!)

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @4.2    5 years ago
The savages are always looking for me! (It seems like almost every time I seed an article here, one or more of them will direct some sort of nasty personal attack at me!

I suppose its at least partially my fault--- my generally dignified bearing, as well as the fact that I am quite cultured and sophisticated compared to the majority of the hoi-polloi, leave me open to personal attacks! 

Oh... poor me.

But, even in the face of outlandish criticism..I shall survuve!

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @4.2.1    5 years ago

But, even in the face of outlandish criticism..I will survive!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.2.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @4.2.2    5 years ago

I can't open YouTube - what is it you posted?

By the way, it IS better to survive than to survuve. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.2.3    5 years ago
By the way, it IS better to survive than to survuve. 

Survuving is different than surviving. Survuving has to do with Cofefe!

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2.5  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @4.2.4    5 years ago

And just to make sure that people here keep up with current developments in the ever-changing Universe in which we live, here's a list of the most popular words (and terms) trending on the Urban Dictionery site:

TRENDING RN - DECEMBER 30, 2019

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2.6  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.2.3    5 years ago
I can't open YouTube - what is it you posted?

Diana Ross and RuPaul - I Will Sirvive 

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2.7  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @4.2.6    5 years ago

Here's another fun video for fans of RuPaul:

(

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2.8  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @4.2.5    5 years ago
23.   Fomosexual

That's an interesting word-- I never heard it before.

Was wondering..why "fomo"?

Than I realized..."FOMO" is currently a popular slang term on Wall Street. (Wall St folks love all sorts of trite terms, cliches, aphorisms, etc).Its relatively recent.

It stands for "Fear of Missing Out".. (Its the reason why many inexperienced traders still buy a stock after its been going up a long time and has really gotten too expensive. But some people chase these overbought stocks due to "fear of missing out").

So then what's a "Fomoxexual" you ask?

Here's a link.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2.9  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @4.2.8    5 years ago
So then what's a "Fomoxexual" you ask?

(Actually I kina knew you wouldn't ask-- but I was just trying to make conversation...)

Now that I've got this new avatar, I thought it might be fun to engage in some "Shaggy Dog Stories".

Heh :-)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.2.10  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @4.2.9    5 years ago

Shaggy Dog Stories is a great idea, Krishna.  I think I'll post an article of them.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.2.11  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.2.10    5 years ago

It's now posted.