╌>

Bloomberg in 2012: ‘I’m a big fan of Donald Trump’

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  donald-j-trump-fan-1  •  4 years ago  •  6 comments

By:   Editorial

Bloomberg in 2012: ‘I’m a big fan of Donald Trump’
Back in 2012, amid speculation that Trump would run for president, Bloomberg told ABC’s Good Morning America that he was a big fan of The Donald. “I know Donald Trump. He’s a great guy. He doesn’t do everything he says, but he sure tries. And I’m a big fan of Donald Trump.”

The democrats are right to pounce on little mike, the evil misogynistic racist Bloomberg for his past. He is a hypocrite of the first order. Trump is right to call the intolerant arrogant jerk Bloomberg out for betraying friendship for political expediency. There’s not enough detergent in all the world to clean Bloomberg’s dirty laundry.  

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Does Mike Bloomberg have enough money to erase his past?

Years before Bloomberg attacked President Donald Trump as a “con man” on national television, the billionaire was  praising  his fellow New Yorker as “a great guy” and a “New York icon,”  Fox News reports. Bloomberg’s rivals — and Trump himself — have wasted no time highlighting his history with Trump and his past as a Republican donor.

Flashback: Bloomberg praises Trump

Bloomberg’s entire pitch for the presidency is that he’s not Trump, that Trump is a bad guy, and that only he can beat the incumbent. The billionaire  called Trump  an “arrogant con man” at Wednesday night’s debate in Las Vegas and touted his ability, as a fellow New York power broker, to take him on.

But Bloomberg was  singing  a very different tune before he decided to jump in the race. Back in 2012, amid speculation that Trump would run for president, Bloomberg told ABC’s  Good Morning America  that he was a big fan of The Donald.

“I know Donald Trump. He’s a great guy. He doesn’t do everything he says, but he sure tries. And I’m a big fan of Donald Trump.” Watch below:  In a 2011 interview with Fox News’ Chris Wallace, Bloomberg called Trump a “New York icon” and even downplayed Trump’s role in spreading the theory that President Barack Obama was not a U.S. citizen. “This birther issue is more than one person. There’s a lot of groups that have glommed onto this,” Bloomberg said.

Trump, Dems slam hypocrisy

Bloomberg’s past praise of Trump is just one part of a larger problem for the former mayor: his record. The other Democratic presidential candidates pummeled the billionaire over his past as a Republican and his comments on numerous controversies, seeking to portray Bloomberg as an untrustworthy figure with questionable views on race and a corrupt ambition to “buy” the nomination.

Sen. Bernie Sanders (VT), the Dems’ current frontrunner, shared a photo of Bloomberg and Trump golfing together after the Bloomberg team labeled Sanders “Trump’s bro” earlier this week. Former Vice President Joe Biden’s  campaign  did not hesitate to share Bloomberg’s resurfaced words of kindness for The Donald — and neither has Trump, who  claimed  that the old Bloomberg who praised him is “the REAL Mini Mike.”

The question of who the “real” Bloomberg really is was brought to the forefront in Las Vegas, where Democrats gave Bloomberg a drubbing over his  past comments  about “stop-and-frisk,” his treatment of women, and other controversies. Trump has been on a tear  ripping  Bloomberg’s “worst debate performance in history” and facetiously  thanking him  for declaring Trump the winner of the divisive debate.

Can Bloomberg erase his past?

Meanwhile, Trump continually mocks Bloomberg’s stature, dubbing him “Mini Mike,” while Bloomberg fired back that Trump is a “carnival barking clown.” But Bloomberg continued to praise Trump until fairly recently. In 2016,  Politico reports,  Bloomberg called Trump a “nice person” and recalled that he once told Trump, “Yes, Donald, I love you.”

Bloomberg has dismissed the resurfaced comments, but the Trump campaign slammed him as an opportunist and a hypocrite who turned on Trump for personal gain. “Envy and ambition overpower everything else for Mike Bloomberg,” Trump campaign spokesman Tim Murtaugh said. “He’s just like Hillary Clinton and many others — happy to be friendly with Donald Trump when it’s convenient but eager to attack him when it’s politically expedient.”

The billionaire is seeking to over-write his complicated history by blasting more than $400 million into slick advertisements, which paid off with a surge in the polls. However, Biden  accused  Bloomberg of trying to tell a misleading story about his relationship with Obama in the ads, and during the debate, he called Bloomberg out for describing Obamacare as a “ disgrace ” back in 2010.

The Democrats do have a point. Bloomberg is a phony. He was Trump’s friend until it no longer suited his political ambitions.  

wagz7QQt_bigger.jpg

mike bloomberg: "i know donald trump. he's a great guy...i'm a big fan of donald trump."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    4 years ago

But Bloomberg was  singing  a very different tune before he decided to jump in the race. Back in 2012, amid speculation that Trump would run for president, Bloomberg told ABC’s  Good Morning America  that he was a big fan of The Donald.

“I know Donald Trump. He’s a great guy. He doesn’t do everything he says, but he sure tries. And I’m a big fan of Donald Trump.” Watch below:  In a 2011 interview with Fox News’ Chris Wallace, Bloomberg called Trump a “New York icon” and even downplayed Trump’s role in spreading the theory that President Barack Obama was not a U.S. citizen. “This birther issue is more than one person. There’s a lot of groups that have glommed onto this,” Bloomberg said.

Trump, Dems Slam Hypocrisy

Bloomberg’s past praise of Trump is just one part of a larger problem for the former mayor: his record. The other Democratic presidential candidates pummeled the billionaire over his past as a Republican and his comments on numerous controversies, seeking to portray Bloomberg as an untrustworthy figure with questionable views on race and a corrupt ambition to “buy” the nomination.

Sen. Bernie Sanders (VT), the Dems’ current frontrunner, shared a photo of Bloomberg and Trump golfing together after the Bloomberg team labeled Sanders “Trump’s bro” earlier this week. Former Vice President Joe Biden’s campaign  did not hesitate to share Bloomberg’s resurfaced words of kindness for The Donald — and neither has Trump, who  claimed  that the old Bloomberg who praised him is “the REAL Mini Mike.”

The question of who the “real” Bloomberg really is was brought to the forefront in Las Vegas, where Democrats gave Bloomberg a drubbing over his past comments  about “stop-and-frisk,” his treatment of women, and other controversies. Trump has been on a tear ripping  Bloomberg’s “worst debate performance in history” and facetiously thanking him  for declaring Trump the winner of the divisive debate.

Can Bloomberg Erase His Past?

Meanwhile, Trump continually mocks Bloomberg’s stature, dubbing him “Mini Mike,” while Bloomberg fired back that Trump is a “carnival barking clown.” But Bloomberg continued to praise Trump until fairly recently. In 2016,  Politico reports,  Bloomberg called Trump a “nice person” and recalled that he once told Trump, “Yes, Donald, I love you.”

Bloomberg has dismissed the resurfaced comments, but the Trump campaign slammed him as an opportunist and a hypocrite who turned on Trump for personal gain. “Envy and ambition overpower everything else for Mike Bloomberg,” 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2  seeder  XXJefferson51    4 years ago

The progressive and liberal democrats are right to pounce on little mike, the evil misogynistic racist Bloomberg for his past. He is a hypocrite of the first order.  He is the personification of all that democrats hate Trump for and some are ready to support him because he isn’t Trump. Trump is right to call the intolerant arrogant jerk Bloomberg out for betraying their friendship for his political expediency. There’s not enough detergent in all the world to clean little mike Bloomberg’s dirty laundry.  

charger 383
Professor Silent
3  charger 383    4 years ago

He is running to satisfy his ego and because he is jealous of Trump, in my opinion

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  charger 383 @3    4 years ago

That seems to be the case for him.  I just wonder why so many democrats are willing to forgive his past as well as his pro Trump comments including rationalizing Trumps Birther efforts.  I guess democrats are willing to elect a Trump clone in order to try to beat Trump and enact their policies.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  charger 383 @3    4 years ago

And Bloomberg fans are going to be subjected to all the same kind of rhetoric and political dialogue as long as he’s in the race that they subjected Trump and his supporters to.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4  seeder  XXJefferson51    4 years ago

In 2016, Politico reports,Bloomberg called Trump a “nice person” and recalled that he once told Trump, “Yes, Donald, I love you.”

Bloomberg has dismissed the resurfaced comments, but the Trump campaign slammed him as an opportunist and a hypocrite who turned on Trump for personal gain. “Envy and ambition overpower everything else for Mike Bloomberg,” Trump campaign spokesman Tim Murtaugh said. “He’s just like Hillary Clinton and many others — happy to be friendly with Donald Trump when it’s convenient but eager to attack him when it’s politically expedient.”

The billionaire is seeking to over-write his complicated history by blasting more than $400 million into slick advertisements, which paid off with a surge in the polls. However, Biden accused Bloomberg of trying to tell a misleading story about his relationship with Obama in the ads, and during the debate, he called Bloomberg out for describing Obamacare as a “disgrace” back in 2010.

The Democrats do have a point. Bloomberg is a phony. He was Trump’s friend until it no longer suited his political ambitions.