╌>

President** Trump Calls The Governor Of The State Of Washington A "Snake"

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  54 comments

Trump has lied thousands of times to the American people. It is perfectly natural that someone like Gov. Inslee would suggest to Trump that he should tell the truth about matters of life and death. 

Washington state Governor Jay Inslee made a tweet where he asked the president* to stick to science when he makes a pronouncement about the coronavirus, and to always tell the truth. 

As a response, Trump called Governor Inslee "a snake" .

Trump made this personal slur while he was visiting the national Centers For Disease Control. 

So much for professionalism. 

Trump has lied thousands of times to the American people. It is perfectly natural that someone like Gov. Inslee would suggest to Trump that he should tell the truth about matters of life and death. 

If Trump finds that suggestion offensive, he should stop lying about everything under the sun. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Trump calls Inslee a 'snake' over criticism of coronavirus rhetoric

The president went off on Inslee for saying that he wanted Trump to stick to the science when discussing the coronavirus outbreak.

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.politico.com%2F22%2Fba%2F8b6672d143529b3c85a91d7011f0%2F200306-jay-inslee-getty-773.jpg
President Donald Trump on Friday called Washington Gov. Jay Inslee "a snake" for criticizing his administration's response to the coronavirus outbreak.

Speaking in Atlanta at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Trump went off on Inslee for saying that he wanted Trump to stick to the science when discussing the outbreak. Trump has repeatedly tried to downplay the gravity of the outbreak and floated his own   hunches   on matters of science.

"I told Mike not to be complimentary of that governor because that governor is a snake," Trump said, referring to Vice President Mike Pence. "So Mike may be happy with him but I'm not, OK?"

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

how DARE he, ask that the President be truthful about something that is so life and death to so many.

Oh the nerve, the audacity, the NEEDED CANDID EXPRESSION due to our LIAR IN CHIEF.

Again, i stated this could actually be Trumps Achilles, for he is a Heel, and can't help but stick his feet in his mouth so as he spits out defeat for all to swallow.

When his constituents wind up sick and dying, due to some asswhole Lying about  not just parts of the A wholes truth,

his teflon may melt off ten and alot all at once,

as he can't stop

being our Presidential

DUNCE!

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.2  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

John - use the exact title of the article as posted in Politico - this hate of yours is getting way outta hand.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2    4 years ago

It's not a seed. 

Learn how Newstalkers works. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2    4 years ago

Don't you think it's embarrassing to this country when a governor of one of the states implies he wont believe the president about something serious like this because the president lies so much? 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.2.3  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.1    4 years ago

Think Newstalkers works this way John - 

Article and seed titles should accurately reflect the content of the article. Seeded articles should us the title from the article they are seeding from in accordance to copyright law.

Your "modified" title is not the title as used in the original article.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.2.4  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.2    4 years ago

And you're talking about the Governor of Washington State???  Calling Trump a liar???

You know nothing John (always wanted to use that since GOT has gone off the air):-)

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.2.5  igknorantzrulz  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2.4    4 years ago
And you're talking about the Governor of Washington State???  Calling Trump a liar???

i am, wish to dispute it with me ?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.6  author  JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2.3    4 years ago

There is no modified title, nor is there a a seed.  The words in the article are my words. The Politico stuff is posted as a first comment. 

Why do I have to go over this same ground with you time after time?

There is NOTHING wrong with this article. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.7  author  JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2.4    4 years ago

I have no idea what point you think you are making. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

Trump is right!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Here is a photo of Trump at the Center For Disease Control wearing his fucking campaign hat.  He is a scumbag. 

BB10QZQD.img?h=584&w=874&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=2045&y=976  US President Donald Trump speaks during a tour of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta, Georgia, on March 6, 2020.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
2.2  pat wilson  replied to  JohnRussell @2    4 years ago

That whole blathering was a sad joke. trump has no fucking clue what he was talking about. Anyone who listened to that crock of crap knows it.

He isn such an idiot ! Our mighty ship of state is now nothing more than a ship of fools.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.3  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @2    4 years ago
He is a scumbag

Because he wore his hat?

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.4  Dulay  replied to  JohnRussell @2    4 years ago

The most creepy thing, in a press conference filled with creepy things, was watching the Director of the CDC grinning and giggling like a sycophant while listening to Trump spew lies about a life threating health crisis. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     4 years ago

Well, Trump should know a lot about snakes. Speaking with forked tongue is his forte.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Kavika @3    4 years ago

Well, Trump should know a lot about snakes. Speaking with forked tongue is his forte.

He is an expert on their underbelly's as well

lady in black
Professor Quiet
4  lady in black    4 years ago

The worst president this country has ever had

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  lady in black @4    4 years ago

The worst president this country has ever had

BY FAR!

Ender
Professor Principal
5  Ender    4 years ago

Proof that money does not buy class.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
5.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Ender @5    4 years ago

Neither does it buy intelligence.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Ender @5    4 years ago

and only a mere $130,000 needed to buy a piece of asz

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.3  Tacos!  replied to  Ender @5    4 years ago

How much class does the governor of Washington have when he takes shots at the president on Twitter?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.3.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @5.3    4 years ago
How much class does the governor of Washington have when he takes shots at the president on Twitter?

All he said was stick to the science and dont lie to us like you have done thousands of other times.  It's incredible that Trump supporters think Inslee or people like him are picking on Trump. 

I cant even imagine what it must be like to defend Trump every day. I would be embarrassed to death. 

Ender
Professor Principal
5.3.2  Ender  replied to  Tacos! @5.3    4 years ago

So no one ever should call out donald on anything....ok.

We should all just sit back and accept his lies like good little soldiers.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.3.3  devangelical  replied to  Ender @5.3.2    4 years ago

... his minions certainly do ...

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.3.4  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @5.3.1    4 years ago
All he said was

What matter is not the content, but the fact that he publicly - and personally - criticized the president. It was another "Republicans don't believe in science" attack. Just because it's veiled in more subtle language than "snake" doesn't make it any less classless.

If the governor of Washington - or any state - has a legitimate concern, I'm sure he can ring the White House on the phone. They wouldn't care much if you or I were calling, but at that level, people (i.e presidents and governors) tend to take each other's calls.

I cant even imagine what it must be like to defend Trump every day.

I can't either. You didn't see me defend Trump on this story. You saw me criticize the governor of Washington.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.3.5  Tacos!  replied to  Ender @5.3.2    4 years ago
So no one ever should call out donald on anything....ok.

Sure, that's exactly what I said. /s

Good Lord, if you must invent straw men, try not to create one so blatantly stupid.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.3.6  Ender  replied to  Tacos! @5.3.5    4 years ago

Then what exactly did you mean by the comment?

Complaining about the man wanting donald to tell the truth?

The only strawman around here is acting like people should just shut up no matter what donald says and not say anything about it.

Just sit back and listen to his lies.

That is the real strawman, blaming others for having a voice and god forbid dare go against the almighty donald...

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.3.7  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @5.3.4    4 years ago
What matter is not the content, but the fact that he publicly - and personally - criticized the president.

Actually, the content DOES matter since Inslee's tweet did NOT criticize Trump 'personally'. Inslee said the Trump ADMINISTRATION. 

It was another "Republicans don't believe in science" attack. Just because it's veiled in more subtle language than "snake" doesn't make it any less classless.

No, it was a criticism of the false statements made by the Trump Administration for the last couple of weeks. 

If the governor of Washington - or any state - has a legitimate concern, I'm sure he can ring the White House on the phone. They wouldn't care much if you or I were calling, but at that level, people (i.e presidents and governors) tend to take each other's calls.

If Trump has a legitimate concern about the Governor of Washington he can call his office instead of calling him names at a press conference. 

I can't either. You didn't see me defend Trump on this story. You saw me criticize the governor of Washington

Nor do I see you holding Trump to the same standard that you demand of the Governor of Washington. You may not defend him but you sure as hell give him a pass ad nauseam. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.3.8  Tacos!  replied to  Ender @5.3.6    4 years ago
Then what exactly did you mean by the comment?

I feel like I explained that pretty thoroughly in @5.3.4, but if you have genuine questions you want to ask based on something I actually wrote, I am happy to discuss it.

The only strawman around here

A straw man is when you attribute something to someone that they didn't say and then attack them based on that made up thing. I never said no one should ever call out Donald on anything. Attacking me for saying that is a straw man fallacy.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.3.9  Ender  replied to  Tacos! @5.3.8    4 years ago

Made up thing, sure.

I will only say I have eyes and have seen constant defending of donald, if not out right support. I have also seen the quip, well I don't always like what he says....

Like that is some sort of justification for peace of mind.

You have done nothing but criticize the governor

“I just received a call from @VP Mike Pence, thanking Washington state for our efforts to combat the coronavirus,” Inslee tweeted . “I told him our work would be more successful if the Trump administration stuck to the science and told the truth.”

Yep. that was sooo horrible....

Maybe we should just stick to a hunch from donald...

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    4 years ago

These stories are always the same. PersonX attacks the president. Trump responds. "Headline reads Trump attacks X." As if he started it. Here,

Washington state Governor Jay Inslee made a tweet where he asked the president* to stick to science

Then Trump calls him a snake. Headline? 

Typical!

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tacos! @6    4 years ago

Typical!

is it typical that a governor has to ask the potUS to stik to the facts (Science ) instead of his typical LIES ?

WTF R U Talking about Tacos ?

Why are you siding with the mental midget in chief yet again, when he IS ABSOLUTELY WRONG ON THIS ?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.1    4 years ago
is it typical that a governor has to ask

Is it typical that a governor "has to" take to Twitter to ask anything of another elected official? How about just picking up the phone?

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.2  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @6.1.1    4 years ago

Why doesn't Inslee have the same right to choose the same mode of communication as Trump uses?

Trump is the one that has chosen to make Twitter his major mode of communication. He hires and fires administration officials through Twitter. He attacks anyone and everyone via Twitter. It's his favorite weapon.

Again, you give Trump a pass and insist Inslee cease and desist. WTF? 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @6.1.2    4 years ago
Why doesn't Inslee have the same right to choose the same mode of communication as Trump uses?

I never said he didn't have that right, did I?

I am observing that if you are going to negatively judge the president for using Twitter to criticize people, it's only fair to hold the governor to the same standard.

Again, you give Trump a pass and insist Inslee cease and desist. WTF?

Again you totally make up a straw man and attack me based on that. How very very typical for you. I did not give Trump a pass and I also did not insist that Inslee cease and desist. Once again, you have a made up an absolute falsehood about something someone said and attacked them for it. It really would be awesome if you could just stop lying about the things I say.

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.4  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @6.1.3    4 years ago
I never said he didn't have that right, did I?

You sure as hell inferred it:

How much class does the governor of Washington have when he takes shots at the president on Twitter? What matter is not the content, but the fact that he publicly - and personally - criticized the president.
I can't either. You didn't see me defend Trump on this story. You saw me criticize the governor of Washington

All critical of the Governor's use of twitter. 

I am observing that if you are going to negatively judge the president for using Twitter to criticize people, it's only fair to hold the governor to the same standard.

Now if you could only recognize that unlike Trump's personal attacks, the Governor's tweet sited the Trump Administration, NOT Trump 'personally'. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.1.5  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @6.1.4    4 years ago
You sure as hell inferred it:

No, I sure as hell didn't. You don't get to speak for me and you don't get to make up words and attribute them to me. 

Also, please, for the love of God, learn the difference between "infer" and "imply." The listener or reader infers, while the speaker or writer implies. So when you imagine I said something, that's you doing the inferring. And your inference here was 100% wrong.

All critical of the Governor's use of twitter. 

Not at all. I have no problem with any elected official using Twitter. I have never said otherwise. I explained explicitly that it was what he said that he should be judged for, not the medium he used to express it. Pay more attention to the things people actually say and not the things you wished they were saying so you could attack them for it. You'll have a lot less conflict.

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.6  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @6.1.5    4 years ago
No, I sure as hell didn't. You don't get to speak for me and you don't get to make up words and attribute them to me. 

You sure as hell did and I didn't make up words and attribute them to you, I QUOTED you. 

I explained explicitly that it was what he said that he should be judged for, not the medium he used to express it. 

You've bitched about Inslee expressing his opinion publicly AND you've judged him for saying something he didn't say and doing something he didn't do. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.1.7  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @6.1.6    4 years ago

You are just never going to deal with me honestly and fairly, are you? Every single comment from you is an attack based on some dishonest misrepresentation of what I actually said.

You sure as hell did

I guess you still haven't learned the difference between infer and imply.

I QUOTED you

So? Quote me all day long. You still lie about what I said. Quoting it just makes it worse.

You've bitched about Inslee expressing his opinion publicly

Nope. Bitching implies (note the correct use of the word) that I personally have a problem with it. I don't. I never said I did. Trump is the one who has a problem with the governor sending criticism his way via Twitter. Doing it publicly embarrasses him. It's fine if the target is someone you're never going to meet face to face or can't call or email. But this attack was done not for the benefit of Trump or anyone working with him. It was done to publicly shame him to the intended audience, i.e. the general public.

Trump then calling him a "snake" was a reaction to this tweet. This is an exchange not started by Trump, but by Inslee. Reporting on this story but focusing primarily on Trump is not fair reportage.

This is simply observation and analysis. It's not me "bitching" about Inslee tweeting.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6.1.8  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Tacos! @6.1.7    4 years ago
Every single comment from you is an attack based on some dishonest misrepresentation of what I actually said.

bs like that is all they got.

they only argue with their imagination... no wonder they are always upset / terrified... LOL

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.9  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @6.1.7    4 years ago
You are just never going to deal with me honestly and fairly, are you?

How have I been dishonest or unfair? Did I hurt your feelings? 

Every single comment from you is an attack based on some dishonest misrepresentation of what I actually said.

How is QUOTING your a dishonest misrepresentation Tacos!? 

So? Quote me all day long. You still lie about what I said. Quoting it just makes it worse.

What lie? 

Nope. Bitching implies (note thecorrectuse of the word) that I personally have a problem with it. I don't. I never said I did.

I don't know why you insist on denying statements that everyone here can plainly see for themselves. 

Doing it publicly embarrasses him.

That's hilarious. Trump doesn't 'embarrass'. One has to have a conscience to be embarrassed. 

It's fine if the target is someone you're never going to meet face to face or can't call or email. But this attack was done not for the benefit of Trump or anyone working with him. It was done to publicly shame him to the intended audience, i.e. the general public.

Trump doesn't feel shame either. Again, one has to have a conscience to feel shame. 

This is simply observation and analysis. It's not me "bitching" about Inslee tweeting.

No it's bitching about Inslee acting like Trump. The HORROR. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.1.10  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @6.1.9    4 years ago
How have I been dishonest or unfair? Did I hurt your feelings?

I honestly don't think you care.

It has been explained to you many times.

Your comments are not reflective of someone who is trying to discuss the topic. They reflect someone who is interested only in winning an argument. This is done by ignoring the things people actually say and inventing opinions for them.

That is why we keep having exchanges about what I have implied or what you have inferred. Even when you infer something incorrectly, you insist on your interpretation of my thoughts.

All you have to do is look at your own pattern of commentary. The argument you keep trying to win is to decide the question "what does Tacos! think?"

It doesn't matter to you what I say I think. You are going to insist I think something else. And you repeat it no matter how many times I try to speak for myself. As far as I am concerned, it's harassment.

It's rude. It's bullying. You do not get to speak for me!

And if I insist on expressing my own thoughts about what I think, you accuse me of denying something. Well, if I am denying what you say I believe, then yes, I deny it! Of course I deny it. I never expressed the opinions you insist I have. 

I will be flagging every comment by you in this exchange because someone needs to moderate this nonsense. This harassing, bullying behavior from you is consistent and I cannot understand why you are allowed to keep doing it. And you don't just do it to me. You do it lots of people around here.

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.11  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @6.1.10    4 years ago

Why block quote my questions when you had no intention of answering either of them? 

BTFW, I have been informed that you can't flag a comment and then you reply to it.