╌>

Trump Bans Americans From Eating Noodles

Category:  The Lighter Side/ Humor

By:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  4 years ago  •  49 comments

"If you eat like a Chinaman, you're going to think like a Chinaman and start stealing our secrets" (Donald Trump)

265204-chicken-soup.jpg

"No more chicken noodle soup" says the POTUS. "It will spread the "Chinaman" virus, just like the Chinese airplanes will.  If you EAT like a "Chinaman" you're going to think like a "Chinaman" and start stealing all our secrets, and maybe even your eyes will start to go slanty, so NO MORE NOODLES."

Trump's latest ban follows his ban on Huawei, Chinese students studying at American universities, and now Chinese airlines from landing in the USA.  Nothing seems to help.  Next thing he intends to do will be to reinstate the 1882 Chinese Exclusion Act. *

An astonished aide recently overheard Trump and leaked that Trump said "I can't understand it, every time I try to blame China and do more to damage it, and point fingers elsewhere, and criticize the WHO and stop funding it, I seem to lose more voters. Don't they understand that I'd doing everything I possibly can to get myself reelected to another four years of self-aggrandizement?"

* CHINESE EXCLUSION ACT (1882)

The Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882 was the first significant law restricting immigration into the United States. Many Americans on the West Coast attributed declining wages and economic ills to Chinese workers. Although the Chinese composed only .002 percent of the nation's population, Congress passed the exclusion act to placate worker demands and assuage prevalent concerns about maintaining white "racial purity."

https://www.history.com/topics/immigration/chinese-exclusion-act-1882

image-asset.jpeg

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  author  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

In case you've missed the fact that this article is posted under "The Lighter Side / Humor", it is meant to be satirical, but is based on what Trump has already actually accomplished. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    4 years ago

(Deleted)

Unable to moderate - notice ignored (BotO)

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

Does this mean no more blow jobs for his limp noodle?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2    4 years ago

LOL

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     4 years ago

This is great, finally a President that bans those damn Chinese noodles. This should have been done decades ago. 

Trumps new motto, ''Ban the damn noodle''...I like it better than MAGA. 

Oh no, there are Italian noodles called spaghetti. We're going to have to rethink that noodle ban. Got it, the Italian noodle isn't actually a noodle, it just very long pasta. Problem solved, COVFEFE.

But wait, what about Japanese noodles, or Korean noodles or gasp, Taiwanese noodles. 

Back to the drawing board.  

Meanwhile in the Kavika household.

Ramen noodles ala TeePee.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika @3    4 years ago

I'll rely on the fact that preserved noodles were found in a Chinese archeological site that were 4000 years old. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1    4 years ago

But that won't stop Americans from complaining that the Chinese stole the idea from the American Lipton company. 

Ender
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Ender  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.1    4 years ago

Are you trying to say tea is not American? 

Blasphemy ! The house wine of the south....

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Kavika   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.1    4 years ago

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Kavika   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.1    4 years ago

Lipton or the US would never do that, Buzz.

But the Chinese did steal the idea of tea from Lipton. jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.5  Krishna  replied to  Ender @3.1.2    4 years ago

The house wine of the south....

-ced...with lots of sugar!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.6  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika @3.1.4    4 years ago

But not Red Rose tea,  Only in Canada?  Pity.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1    4 years ago

I'll bet those would be good in some garlic shrimp sauce

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.6    4 years ago

I prefer Luzianne, brewed very strong and no sugar or sweetener of any kind

Ok...about this story of the Chinese stealing noodles from the American Lipton Tea Company. America wasn't really becoming any kind of trade entity especially with China until about the late 1800's, am I right? The Chinese introduced noodles to Marco Polo like way back in the 1400's, am I right?

My math is fuzzy or my history is all wrong. Or somebody is pulling my leg

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.9  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.8    4 years ago

You're right that the story I heard originally is that Marco Polo did take the idea back to Italy but I've since seen articles that indicate that spaghetti was invented independently in Italy, but long after noodles were being eaten in China.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.10  Trout Giggles  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.9    4 years ago

That's a possibility but I'm thinking here....all over Europe people ate bread. Asians to my experience don't eat bread, their starch is noodles.

So Polo wants bread when he goes to China, can't get it, eats noodles, says, "Damn these are tasty!" and brings them back to Italy. Not very many other countries in Europe make noodles except for Italians, Germans, and some Eastern European countries.

That's just a theory base on what little I know and observations

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.11  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.10    4 years ago

Marco Polo died around 600 years ago, and the Chinese have been making bread for about 1600 years.  My wife sometimes makes steamed buns the same way they've been made for centuries. 

chinesebread.jpg

Ever since I came here, the supermarkets have been selling sliced bread no different than I bought in Canada. 

You can learn about Chinese breads here:

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.12  Trout Giggles  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.11    4 years ago

I stand corrected

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.2  1stwarrior  replied to  Kavika @3    4 years ago

Ahhhh - the memories.  Girlfriend #2 thought that dinner consisted ONLY of Ramen soup OR heavily buttered popcorn.

Thank goodness we only dated for two months 'cause I was beginning to do crossword puzzles in foreign tongues (non-erasable ink, of course), and wanting to learn how to play the Pipa.

Ender
Professor Principal
4  Ender    4 years ago

Is this akin to freedom fries...

Think of all the buffets !

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Ender @4    4 years ago

The French will never forgive you for that, especially since they rescued the USA from the Brits and Canadians in 1812.

charger 383
Professor Silent
5  charger 383    4 years ago

when the restaurant ban is done, the Chinese buffet is near the top of the list.  Steak dinner is first. Carryout ribs and BBQ has keep me going and the seafood truck was back.    

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1  Krishna  replied to  charger 383 @5    4 years ago

I was reading an article about changes to restaurants that may become permanent after the virus passes. Someone thought that salad bars would have to go jrSmiley_5_smiley_image.png

(Because supposedly it could spread the virus). 

charger 383
Professor Silent
5.1.1  charger 383  replied to  Krishna @5.1    4 years ago

I sure hope not, I like making my own salad and making it big

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.2  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @5.1    4 years ago

Yeah, you have to be really careful with toxic lettuce.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Krishna @5.1    4 years ago

Like it didn't spread flu virus, cold virus, or virulent E coli strains before.....

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.2  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  charger 383 @5    4 years ago

I could go on just eating ribs.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
6  Freefaller    4 years ago

Hmmm maybe I can become a noodle runner from Canada, anyone wanna volunteer to be a noodle dealer?  Could be big bucks

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Freefaller @6    4 years ago

Just like Prohibition - you could disguise it as spaghetti. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.1    4 years ago

My grandfather used to run moonshine in a 1932 Ford with a 200 gallon tank. 

Ok, I'll be the noodle dealer in the US, Freefaller. Carrying on a family tradition.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @6.1.1    4 years ago

Ooo...we could make a connection here. Freefaller gets it to the border..we need a runner to pick them up there and bring them here to Arkansas...then I'll get them to you in FLA

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.1    4 years ago
you could disguise it as spaghetti. 

That reminded me of an old joke...

A string walks into a bar and the bartender says "Hey, we don't serve strings here! Get out!".

So the string went back outside, ruffled his head threads and looped his leg around his waist and pulled it tight.

The string then walked back in the bar and the bartender looked at him carefully and said "Hey, aren't you that string I just threw out of here?"

To which the string replied "Nope, I'm a frayed knot."...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1.4  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.3    4 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
6.2  Freefaller  replied to  Freefaller @6    4 years ago

This is coming together nicely Kavika is the SE distributor, Trout Giggles is the SC distributor, I'm sure my brother would take the NE. Just need a couple more for the SW and NW

pat wilson
Professor Participates
6.2.1  pat wilson  replied to  Freefaller @6.2    4 years ago
Just need a couple more for the SW

Pat raising her hand.

My daughter who is a chef is going to make her own pasta. Don't tell the feds !

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  pat wilson @6.2.1    4 years ago

Mr Giggles wants to try it making his own noodles. I'll be his guinea pig