╌>

California hospitalizations surge with new COVID-19 cases

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  flynavy1  •  4 years ago  •  16 comments

By:   Reuters

California hospitalizations surge with new COVID-19 cases
He criticized local officials in parts of the state who said they would not enforce public health restrictions aimed at slowing the virus’ spread, including a new statewide requirement that people wear masks in public.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (Reuters) - The number of people hospitalized in California with COVID-19 has increased by nearly a third over the past two weeks, with about 1,500 suspected or confirmed patients requiring intensive care, officials said on Wednesday.
The state also reported its largest ever spike in confirmed new cases on Tuesday, Governor Gavin Newsom told a news briefing. Further increases are expected when test results from people who participated in massive anti-racism protests start coming in, he said.
Coronavirus infections and hospitalizations have also risen sharply in other parts of the United States. 
California’s 7,149 new infections announced Wednesday brought the state total to 190,222, caused partly by a rise in testing, Newsom said. But much is the result of people failing to engage in safe practices when gathering with friends and family, or visiting newly reopened businesses, he said.
“These numbers do beg the question and that is what can we do more to keep you safe from the spread of this virus,” Newsom said.
He criticized local officials in parts of the state who said they would not enforce public health restrictions aimed at slowing the virus’ spread, including a new statewide requirement that people wear masks in public. 
Counties that flaunt the rules risk losing state funds meant to help defray pandemic costs, he said.

visit seeded article for remaining content

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1  seeder  FLYNAVY1    4 years ago

We are going to succeed against this virus together, or we are going to continue to fail against it because we are divided.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1    4 years ago

The worst division is cultural, and unfortunately America is where it is most evident.  There is a difference between a culture that is more concerned about the health and safety and life of others, and a culture where a person is concerned no further than himself, where a man shouted (and I watched a video of his being detained in California for not wearing a mask or practising social distancing), "I was a free man this morning and nobody is going to take that away from me."  As long as that attitude persists in the USA, as I've said a couple times already, "You ain't seen nothin' yet."

JBB
Professor Principal
2  JBB    4 years ago

Covid-19 does not care where you live or what you personally believe or what your politics are. It is a nondiscriminatory killer...

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    4 years ago

I believe we could do a lot of normal activities if people would just take basic precautions. Unfortunately, even that small concession is too much for some people.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1  TᵢG  replied to  Tacos! @3    4 years ago

I agree.   Social distancing, masks, clean hands and basic common sense when choosing to socialize.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  TᵢG @3.1    4 years ago

But before all those necessities, dedicated adherence to the lockdown is necessary to curtail the virus - It worked where I am.  

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.1.2  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.1    4 years ago

Adherence to a lockdown worked in a number of states and cities in the US as well.  

Americans have lost the concept of shared sacrifice.  The WWII generation is gone to remind us how its done.  Selfishness is the motive of the day.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Kavika   replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.1.2    4 years ago

I was thinking the same thing, FLY.

My dad was a Marine fighting in the Pacific in WWII along with his brother and many of my uncles and cousins. We were dirt poor but my mom had a ''Victory Garden'' and everything was rationed, not that we had the money for much. We collected tin cans and anything that had metal in it for the ''War Effort''. No one complained it was everyone pulling together. 

Now the whiney little shits complain about wearing a mask and keeping six feet apart. What the stupid idiots don't seem to understand is that they only reason that can complain is because of the ''Greatest Generation''...

Grow up you little pissants.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.4  TᵢG  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.1    4 years ago

I agree.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.1.6  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to    4 years ago

Pretty much reflects "We The People".  So sad.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4  igknorantzrulz    4 years ago

These pooor excuse for Americans make a sacrifice....WTF you talking about Willis ! This is the US OF A, and everybody get down and pray to USALL, cause many here think they are better, as they feel they have not to work hard as the world owes them something...how bout a punch in the dam FACE !

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  igknorantzrulz @4    4 years ago

how bout a punch in the dam FACE !

If they were wearing a mask it might soften the blow a bit.....

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1    4 years ago

they're too good (and stupid) for that as well

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1    4 years ago

duped plicated

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1.3  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  igknorantzrulz @4.1.2    4 years ago

Figured..... You've never been one to stutter...... Wax poetically, of course.  Stutter, no.