Video Clips at open hearing in Palm Beach about Mandatory Masks
'They want to throw God's wonderful breathing system out'

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1  seeder  FLYNAVY1    4 years ago

It's a free country.......but stupid is just stupid.

Wear a damn mask as your patriotic duty to your country.....

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1  Tessylo  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1    4 years ago

That woman in the photo - cuckoo for cocoa puffs!!!!!!!!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=4166554

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.1  Gordy327  replied to  Tessylo @1.1    4 years ago

It's unbelievable at how stupid these people are. My first thought when watching the video was "are these people on drugs?"

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.2  Gordy327  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1    4 years ago

Exactly!

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2  lady in black    4 years ago

Why does the US have so many stupid, selfish, it's all about me people....wear the damn mask

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  lady in black @2    4 years ago

It is because a large portion of our citizens have never had to sacrifice for one, and then the second part is just flat intellectual laziness.......

They all want to spout the constitution, but somehow there is a disconnect between "We The People" and protecting "The People" outlined in that constitution.

WEAR A DAMN MASK!

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.1  Krishna  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1    4 years ago

Or perhaps it's because of the example Dear Leader sets. (Many people feel that if the president himself doesn't wear one it's probably not really necessary.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.2  CB  replied to  Krishna @2.1.1    4 years ago

Because Trump would not steer them wrong; now, would he?  Trump has "incredible" healthcare; do they?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  lady in black @2    4 years ago
"Why does the US have so many stupid, selfish, it's all about me people"

It could make a person be concerned about November 3.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     4 years ago
Republican SenMarco Rubio said today that "everyone should just wear a damn mask, like you guys are, like I am right now."

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Kavika @3    4 years ago

Where was little Marco back months ago...... ? Hell worms have more of a spine. 

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  Steve Ott  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.1    4 years ago
worms have more of a spine. 

LMAO!! I won't live long enough to name those who are spineless, so I'll just go by groups.

US Senate, RNC, Texas Senate. I'm sure there others, but you know, time.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.1.2  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Steve Ott @3.1.1    4 years ago

How about Ted "The Hagfish" Cruz

Annnnnnddddd...... if you aren't familliar with the Hagfish:

Hagfish , of the class  Myxini  (also known as  Hyperotreti ), are  eel -shaped, slime-producing marine  fish  (occasionally called  slime eels ). They are the only known living animals that have a  skull  but no  vertebral column.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
3.1.3  Steve Ott  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.1.2    4 years ago

ROFL!! Pretty much sums it up.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.1    4 years ago

giphy.gif

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.1.5  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.4    4 years ago

Nice seeing you again Tess......  Remember..... "Take no prisoners!"

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

People bitch that the masks are uncomfortable.  Masks are far more comfortable than a ventilator.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
5  pat wilson    4 years ago

When I saw this this morning I had to play the video twice to make sure I was hearing it correctly. 

I think this pandemic is causing people to lose their minds. I've never seen so many conspiracy theories in my life. This pandemic has exposed the vast stupidity and insanity that exists in our population. So sad.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  pat wilson @5    4 years ago

That's what we get for gutting public education since the 1960s.....

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5.1    4 years ago

I just remembered to put tin foil on my shopping list.  

pat wilson
Professor Participates
5.1.2  pat wilson  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5.1    4 years ago

Absolutely !

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5.1    4 years ago
That's what we get for gutting public education since the 1960s.....

Maybe where you live. 

All the stats I can find tell a far different story--education has simply not been gutted.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.1.4  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.3    4 years ago

Please post them Tex, We'll be happy to dissect the data here on this thread.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5.1.4    4 years ago

Don't hold your breath on that one Fly.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5.1.4    4 years ago

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.5    4 years ago

I am fairly confident he is smart enough to know how and when to breathe.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.6    4 years ago

I bet those stats don't say what you say they're supposed to say . . . . just sayin'

jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.1.9  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.6    4 years ago

Thanks for the link Tex.  I'm going to take a look at the details of the numbers.  I want to see if this chart take into account population growth and adjustment for inflation in the spending.

I'll give it an honest shake.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.7    4 years ago

I am fairly confident he is smart enough to know how and when to breathe.

tenor.gif

If breathing wasn't an automatic thing, I'm not so sure about tRump [Deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.10    4 years ago
If breathing wasn't an automatic thing, I'm not so sure about tRump Removed for context - sandy

Sure, that makes perfect sense. You must have thought he was a Trump supporter, which is why you told him what you did.

Trump not smart enough to breathe, but smart enough to beat the very, very best Democrats could offer up in 2016? Priceless!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.8    4 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.13  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.11    4 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5.1.9    4 years ago

So, after perusing the data supplied to you, exactly how much have education budgets been gutted by?

Who gutted them?

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.1.15  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.14    4 years ago

Again, thanks for the data.  My initial searches found that states have been dropping school funding while federal funding has been incrementally going up.  This is very true of the state where I grew up (Kansas) where they have greatly cut school funding in order to give corporate tax cuts.   Back in the 1970s Kansas was constantly in the top 5 in ACT scores, now they are 16th and still dropping.  The same is true in Wisconsin after Walker administration got done cutting school funding there.  They are just starting to see a drop in what was always a top 10 in national ACT scored.

Universities have really been hammered since the mid 1980s as states reduced funding for their public colleges and universities.  This is the cause of college tuitions going through the roof.      

I still need to take a look at K-12 population increases from the 1960s to now, and indexed for inflation numbers for the same.  What I'm going to be looking for is a cost per student adjusted for inflation from 1965 to now.  When I learn more, I will post more.

Have a good weekend Tex.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5.1.15    4 years ago

Seems to me if education spending was so gutted, it would be very easy to find.

What exactly did you base your declaration on--your home state alone?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.8    4 years ago
I bet those stats don't say what you say they're supposed to say . . . . just sayin'

Love to bet you on it.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.1.18  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.16    4 years ago

I have a daughter that is a High School music teacher back in the state.   What she describes by a comparison to what was made available to us in the 1970s for free related to sports funding, and funding for the arts has just about totally disappeared.

We spent some years in Wisconsin in the 1990s, and found the education programs there quite good.  School funding seems to have always been a state priority and was reflected in their ACT scores as well. ACT/SAT scores I would think are a good long term indicator of the quality of education on a national level when comparing states.  When Walker, a Tea Party favorite took over as governor, (just like Brownback in Kansas) he started cutting school funding.  Consequently Wisconsin has also dropped to below the national average in their once high ACT scores.

Do you have background in education?  It would seem so. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.19  Texan1211  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5.1.18    4 years ago

I do not have a background in education. I just don't happen to think that education has been gutted. Stats seem to indicate that education has NOT been gutted.

test results may be a poor indicator of educational spending.

We spend more than most countries with poorer results. 

We now rank lower than we did before the Dept. of Education was formed.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.20  Krishna  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.10    4 years ago
If breathing wasn't an automatic thing, I'm not so sure about tRump [ Deleted ]

Whoa-- wait a minute! Wait just one gosh-darned minute!

Didn't you know that Dear Leader is the world's great expert on a number of things? Yes...he's an expert on...EVERYTHING!

(And he even admits it!)

Everything Donald Trump Is an Expert In, According to Him

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.21  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @5.1.20    4 years ago

Everything Donald Trump Is an Expert In, According to Him

Actually I think this is the perfect"companion video" to the one seeded here (that genius "breathing system expert" speaking in Florida.)

CB
Professor Principal
5.2  CB  replied to  pat wilson @5    4 years ago

These people (in the video) are from a 'collection' of people regularly fed a political diet of liberals are communists coming to take away your (their) freedoms through installment of 'big-ger government.'

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.3  Krishna  replied to  pat wilson @5    4 years ago
think this pandemic is causing people to lose their minds. I've never seen so many conspiracy theories in my life. This pandemic has exposed the vast stupidity and insanity that exists in our population. So sad.

I think one reason why its so bad now is that Dear Leader is encouraging it!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6  Tessylo    4 years ago

105947614_10222074891011600_8602412898079305571_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=7ADpaDDsMNoAX8z0hTR&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=795c54254a05c3a09674802a4ded0ba4&oe=5F19E1CF

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
6.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Tessylo @6    4 years ago

I could while away the hours
Conferrin' with the flowers,
Consulting with the rain;
And my head I'd be a scratchin'
While my thoughts are busy hatchin'
If I only had a brain.

Looks like these individuals pictured are suffering constipation.....

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
6.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Tessylo @6    4 years ago

I have a feeling that Dilbert has no idea how ridiculous he looks.  It looks like he and his mother shop at the same store.  And what the hell is that running down his legs?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @6.2    4 years ago
And what the hell is that running down his legs?
Brain matter and his self respect, both of which has precious little to spare.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  JohnRussell    4 years ago

This isnt a surprise. Right wing media, Breitbart, Glenn Beck, Infowars, Gateway Pundit, Rush Limbaugh, Mark Levin, Fox News, etc, have been destroying peoples minds for many years now.  The chickens are coming home to roost. 

CB
Professor Principal
7.1  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @7    4 years ago

And don't leave out Pat Robertson's 700 Club. You know he ran for president once, so he is a political 'beast' through his ministry on Trinity Broadcasting Network. Just the other day, I watched Pat's opening as he "shredded" BLM, Antifa, the rioters, looters, and other assorted agitators as terrorists coming to take American liberties away.

It's all propaganda - all the time with these guys, gays, and outfits!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
8  Perrie Halpern R.A.    4 years ago

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
8.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @8    4 years ago

Very good Meme Perrie. It says it all!

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
8.2  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @8    4 years ago

Excellent Perrie...

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
9  Account Deleted    4 years ago

Relating to the link posted by Texan1211:

On the same website - slightly different link

Set the chart to $2012 rather than the default %GDP  to give per student spending  adjusted for inflation.

The Federal Government is spending more per student now than they have in the past but  state and local spending have  increased more. (Education costs have increased for various reasons.)

This varies by state. Mississippi and Wyoming truly are receiving less Federal money than they did in 2000 while other states are receiving more. (Set the [United States] tab to the state you wish to study.) Note the Federal Government usually contributes only about 8% to the states for education.  The remainder is funded by state and local sources.

You could argue that public education has been gutted or simply that the Federal Government is not picking up the tab for increased education costs requiring states to make changes in how they allocate education dollars.

Another link that might be of interest:

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
9.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Account Deleted @9    4 years ago

Excellent follow up post Adam.

Texan1211 did provide the base government data on annual spending on education, but I've not dived into the numbers.  I suspect that the chart needs to be checked for adjustments in inflation and population.  We know that states are picking up less and less of college tuition in their states and I'm betting there is going to be a similar situation in K-12.

Again.... thanks for the post.

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.2  Krishna  replied to  Account Deleted @9    4 years ago
You could argue that public education has been gutted or simply that the Federal Government is not picking up the tab for increased education costs requiring states to make changes in how they allocate education dollars.

You could also argue that just throwing money at a problem won't necessarily make it go away-- or even help.

In fact I personally would argue that the incredibly stupid ways the public schools (with a few notable exceptions) spend the money is ineffective--if not totally corrupt in many cases.

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.2.1  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @9.2    4 years ago

I have a teacher friend (who is a devout union member). We were discussing issues re: accountability for students. (how much there should be, how to measure their achievements or lack thereof, etc).

I happened to mention the issue of accountability for teachers-- she was not too happy with that.

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
9.2.2  Account Deleted  replied to  Krishna @9.2    4 years ago
You could also argue that just throwing money at a problem won't necessarily make it go away-- or even help

I don't disagree.

Certainly in higher education the growth of expenditures for "administration" vs faculty over the years has been stupefying.

I remember a college president, determined to show fiscal responsibility proudly announce that the was eliminating one of the VP positions to save money. A little later - and  rather quietly, he created a couple of super Director positions to cover the work. Each new position require a full complement of executive support staff, support staff, graduate assistants, student workers and assistant director grifters - pretty much doubling the number of little helpers and significantly increasing the cost.

devangelical
Professor Principal
10  devangelical    4 years ago

meh, I'm happy that covid-19 has moved on from the vulnerable to prey on the ignorant. trump needs to organize more super-spreader events. buh bye trumpsters.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  devangelical @10    4 years ago

Anyone who puts themselves in an environment and take zero precautions whether it be a political rally, club, sporting event, bar, BBQ, birthday party, or parks and comes down with it, zero sympathy.  My sympathy goes to their friends and family members they have put at risk.

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.1.1  Krishna  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @10.1    4 years ago
Anyone who puts themselves in an environment and take zero precautions whether it be a political rally, club, sporting event, bar, BBQ, birthday party, or parks and comes down with it, zero sympathy.

Reminds me of that old saying. Sadly:

There's no cure for "Stuck on Stupid"

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Krishna @10.1.1    4 years ago

There isn't enough duct tape either to fix it.

Kavika
Professor Principal
11  Kavika     4 years ago

Palm Beach County had 658 new cases and 4 more death yesterday...Yup, keep flapping your gums you dumbasses.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12  sandy-2021492    4 years ago

How did anybody there keep from laughing?  I couldn't have.  Citizen's arrest?  God's breathing system?

Gordy327
Professor Expert
12.1  Gordy327  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12    4 years ago
How did anybody there keep from laughing? I couldn't have.  Citizen's arrest?  God's breathing system?

That was more sad than funny. Especially since it highlights the rampant stupidity in this country today.