╌>

Trump Tax Returns Case Moves At Light Speed As Supreme Court Issues Formal Ruling

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  4 years ago  •  168 comments

By:   Jason Easley (POLITICUSUSA)

Trump Tax Returns Case Moves At Light Speed As Supreme Court Issues Formal Ruling
The Supreme Court has granted a request from Manhattan DA Cyrus Vance and Trump's lawyers to issue an immediate formal ruling on Trump's tax returns.

The case is moving quickly now. It is about time...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The Supreme Court has granted a request from Manhattan DA Cyrus Vance and Trump's lawyers to issue an immediate formal ruling on Trump's tax returns.

CNN reported:

The US Supreme Court granted the Manhattan district attorney's request to immediately issue its judgment in the case over President Donald Trump's tax returns, paving the way for new challenges to a grand jury subpoena to be handled by a lower court judge.

The district attorney asked for that time to be cut short, and Trump's attorney agreed. Friday, Chief Justice John Roberts said the request is granted.

It usually takes 25 days for a judgment to formally issued by the Supreme Court. The speed-up means that the case is still on an accelerated timeline. Trump only has a month to add new challenges to the subpoena from the Manhattan DA.

The President's stall tactics have fallen flat. The DA could have Trump's tax returns and business documents during the heart of the 2020 presidential election. It is not out of the realm of possibility that Trump or members of his family could be indicted in New York as voters are going to the polls in the fall.

None of it is going the way that Trump wanted, as his luck may have finally run out on hiding his tax returns and potentially criminal activity before the election.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    4 years ago

I want to see Trump's taxes. You?

PJ
Masters Quiet
1.1  PJ  replied to  JBB @1    4 years ago

Yes, out of principle and precedence I want his tax returns reviewed.  I look at this as a win:win.  Those who want to see his tax returns will get their way AND if there's nothing unusual there then his supporters can call it a win.

Not sure why either side would be opposed since it would put to rest speculation. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.1  Krishna  replied to  PJ @1.1    4 years ago

Not sure why either side would be opposed since it would put to rest speculation. 

Its really quite simple.... 

Actually if Trump really had nothing to hide you would think he would want his returns revealed as quickly as possible-- because that;s that's the only way that would prove-- beyond any shadow of a doubt--  that  he is.in fact,  innocent of any wrong doing! 

Until he does that people will always have suspicions-- and the only way guarnteed to clear his name would be to have the returns revealed as quickly as possible!

PJ
Masters Quiet
1.1.2  PJ  replied to  Krishna @1.1.1    4 years ago

Yes, my point exactly.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @1.1.1    4 years ago

Perhaps Trump simply doesn't care that some yahoos want to see his returns.

Wish in one hand, shit in the other and see which hand fills up faster!

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.1.4  Right Down the Center  replied to  PJ @1.1    4 years ago

Under normal circumstances I would agree.  In the current polarized country we live in I feel confident the left would cherry pick information and have "experts" tell us why Trump is the devil and the right would cherry pick information and have "experts" tell us how everything he did was within the law.

Everyone will claim they win and no ones mind will be changed.  Sound familiar?

Hmmmm, maybe that is why I really don't care to see them. 

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.5  CB  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.1.4    4 years ago

Trump is most probably a cheap. None of us are "pink-footed babies" here. We have some experiences with cheats, thieves, and robbers to varying degrees—if only in the movies. Donald Trump himself was open enough to admit that he 'cut corners' in his taxes and 'won' big doing so. (Even though, he won't give anybody who can make a proper assessment of just how big those corners were years before his presidency!

As for enablers enabling, oh well. Still, knowledge (knowing facts) carries its own power!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.1.5    4 years ago

The IRS had all of Trumps returns and audited them. What do you think, some yahoos will find something bad when trained professionals didn't!

Lol

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.7  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.6    4 years ago

The IRS had Richard ("I am not a crook.") Nixons tax returns in the storehouse too. After 'close' examination, Nixon paid back taxes ($4,000) to the treasury for underpayments. The Clinton's underrepresented on their Whitewater deal. They paid back taxes too.  So, Donald Trump's taxes are "Up" . . . .

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.8  Greg Jones  replied to  Krishna @1.1.1    4 years ago
and the only way guarnteed to clear his name would be to have the returns revealed as quickly as possible!

He doesn't have to "clear his name" because he hasn't been convicted of any wrong doing....taxwise or otherwise.

Allegations are a dime a dozen.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.1.7    4 years ago

Does Congress have them or not?

Last I checked, Congress was still whining about not having them.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.10  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.9    4 years ago

Stonewalling. It's a thing. Look it up, please.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.1.10    4 years ago
Stonewalling. It's a thing. Look it up, please.

Whining. It's a thing. Look it up, please.

PJ
Masters Quiet
1.1.12  PJ  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.1.4    4 years ago

This isn't about what you or I want.  This isn't about the right of left.  It isn't really about what is in his tax returns.  It's about right and wrong.  About following our laws.   This man has blocked every single subpoena and he and his cohorts need to be taught that America has laws that all Americans have to follow.  Even the President.  He works for us, we don't bow to him.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.14  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  PJ @1.1.12    4 years ago
he and his cohorts need to be taught that America has laws that all Americans have to follow. 

So demand to see the tax returns for Pelosi, Schiff, Biden, Obama, Sanders, Clinton and the rest.  Why focus on just one person.

PJ
Masters Quiet
1.1.16  PJ  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.14    4 years ago

Your post is an excellent example of short sightedness and narrow thinking.  Thinking in terms of political parties not in terms of the country as a whole has been a successful strategy for this administration.     

This is why so much animosity has developed in the country.  There is an inability by a certain faction of voters (approx. 35%) that are not capable of thinking of anyone but their own self interests.  

Making our leaders accountable is one way for the people to ensure our interests are foremost in their minds.  Allowing leaders to circumvent and manipulate the system for their own self interest is dangerous.  This isn't about political parties - move beyond that way of thinking........if you can.

PJ
Masters Quiet
1.1.18  PJ  replied to    4 years ago
removed for context

Then put me on ignore and you don't have to ever read another one of my posts.  

PJ
Masters Quiet
1.1.22  PJ  replied to    4 years ago
No way your ridiculous post supply education into political hackery at it's finest.

Ugh - another member who communicates via "trump speak".    Let me see if I can translate.......I under the part where you say my post is ridiculous and I kinda get the political hackery at it's finest but I'm totally stumped on the supply education part.  

[Deleted]

PJ
Masters Quiet
1.1.24  PJ  replied to    4 years ago

That's totally true and lord knows I'm no Anne Sullivan.  So to save myself I will put you on ignore.  

PJ
Masters Quiet
1.1.26  PJ  replied to  XDm9mm @1.1.25    4 years ago

You think the member was having a discussion with me?  really..   That wasn't my impression and I took the necessary action to avoid derailing the seed any further.  It appears you also want to talk about me and not the issue.   

PJ
Masters Quiet
1.1.34  PJ  replied to    4 years ago

Yes, I saw your earlier post but then you inserted yourself into my and another member's back and forth.  That is what I was referring to.

I had not yet gotten to the comment you made that actually WAS on topic.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.35  Greg Jones  replied to  PJ @1.1.16    4 years ago
Thinking in terms of political parties not in terms of the country as a whole has been a successful strategy for this administration.

[deleted]

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.38  CB  replied to  PJ @1.1.12    4 years ago

Well said and I personally thank you for entering and restoring the room to its balance!  Donald Trump is running amok and all his sycophants wish to do is change the subject away from authoritarianism (that goes in their favor)!

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.39  CB  replied to    4 years ago

This is so disappointing. So very sad and pathetic. We have to struggle so all over again in this country explaining rights and wrongs to otherwise intelligent people.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.40  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.14    4 years ago

The tradition is for presidents, eh? Trump is a pathetic, combative, litigious, obstructionist!

Why are you dodging for this low-class racist-devoid of any redeeming value-man? Donald Trump has been given the world (by God if you are a mind to believe it (I know you are not!)) and still he remains a 'sewer' of all the selfishness and abusiveness he can muster rolled into one!  He stands for nothing really, for he would gladly heave your worldview under the wheels of his bus-if only it was different than his own. . . .

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.41  CB  replied to    4 years ago

Thinking for oneself is not really as complex as you may think there, Muva. What other soundbite you got in your 'quiver.' Curious. Get 'em off out! Make it 'rain' soundbites already! (Giggles.)

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.42  CB  replied to    4 years ago

Trump is a chump! And, he likes his black Americans to know their 'percentages.' They can find 'em left resting in the ghettos of the 70's.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.43  CB  replied to    4 years ago

What does the word: "shill" mean?  I wonder.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.44  CB  replied to    4 years ago

This is about a presidential tradition. Trump supporters know this, but 'shill away' anyway.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.45  CB  replied to  XDm9mm @1.1.27    4 years ago

You like your "quickie" corrupt politicians who score (get conservative policies stuffed down the throats of the citizenry) and then leave? Got it!  This country is not a conservative policy 'piggy back'!  There are over 325 million plus of us and we are diverse. This nation can not exist again to 'service' conservatively selfish and greedy appetites.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.46  CB  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.35    4 years ago

And yet the diverse peoples of this country pack in to the democratic party. Conservatives are even running the independents away! Lies can not serve your goals anymore. Trump is a chump you should dump. He is a lying deceiver his followers have inhaled and imbibed to the point of drunkenness. Only a fool can not see Trump is a relic sticking up out of time. He would fall on his face, if you did not orient him to stand!

How is he the best conservative to lead this great country; this mighty and diverse people?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.47  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  CB @1.1.40    4 years ago

And with that any chance of a conversation with you of any value had disappeared. 

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.48  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.47    4 years ago

I'm sorry, Jeremy. We definitely were not having a meaningful discussion before. As far as I am concerned, until you can express the plain truth about Trump in the manner you complain about so many democrats, we simply tread water at the surface of deeper discussion. It's really quite shocking too.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.49  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  CB @1.1.48    4 years ago
As far as I am concerned, until you can express the plain truth about Trump

So you want me to back your unfounded accusations.  Sorry, not going to happen.  

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.50  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.49    4 years ago

I see you're on 'trump time,' got it! Fine, we will 'sleep' here.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.51  Tessylo  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.1.4    4 years ago

No, your ranting and rambling doesn't sound familiar at all.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @1    4 years ago

Sorry, but you have no right to see them.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2    4 years ago

That is not what the Supreme Court says...

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.2  Krishna  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2    4 years ago

Wow-- if that's not a compelling argument-- I don't know what is!

/sarc

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.3  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @1.2.2    4 years ago
Wow-- if that's not a compelling argument-- I don't know what is! /sarc

Actually, now that I think of it-- there's an equally impressive counter-argument:

Sorry, but we have every right to see them.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.4  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @1.2.3    4 years ago
Wow-- if that's not a compelling argument-- I don't know what is! /sarc

Actually, now that I think of it-- there's an equally impressive counter-argument:

My argument is more fact based, and grounded in years of legal precedent that your's is!

jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @1.2.1    4 years ago

You obviously have misinterpreted the Court's ruling then.

Good luck seeing them!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @1.2.4    4 years ago
My argument is more fact based, and grounded in years of legal precedent that your's is!

Please, do link your case precedents that would allow you to view a private tax return.

Being as how you have years of legal precedents, just 3 cases will do quite nicely.

zuksam
Junior Silent
1.2.7  zuksam  replied to  JBB @1.2.1    4 years ago

Manhattan DA Cyrus Vance might get to see them but I doubt you or I will.

TTGA
Professor Silent
1.2.8  TTGA  replied to  Krishna @1.2.3    4 years ago

Wrong.  Vance may have the right to see them, depending upon how the lower court finally rules.  YOU, however, have absolutely no right to see them at all, nor does anyone else not connected to that District Attorney's office.  Even they are allowed to use them only for official business. 

It seems that you figure that, if they get into the hands of Vance, they will immediately be leaked, and you seem to approve of that.  If they are leaked, Vance should be held totally responsible and should be indicted and convicted for leaking them.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.10  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @1.2.4    4 years ago

Still waiting on your legal precedents you claim your "opinion" is based on.

12 hours of internet searching, and you can't even find ONE case?

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.11  CB  replied to  TTGA @1.2.8    4 years ago
Vance should be held totally responsible and should be indicted and convicted for leaking them.

As you may know, highly valued, high-ranking, and high powered people have staffing. And, you can only swear staffing to so much. So unless you can find a 'culprit' who leaks important (not trivial) documents, you can not indict, try, or convict a professional for simply doing his or her job! The courts do not exist to settle vendettas.

Moreover, your leap to leaking is a supposition. It is not a foregone conclusion, despite who the person in question is or the intensive of those who wish to know about these returns. For that matter, the White House and Congress have leakers too. May be Trump should not have driven up the 'stock' of his returns so high?!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.12  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.2.11    4 years ago
you can not indict, try, or convict a professional for simply doing his or her job!

No one has suggested that "people doing their job" get indicted for it. That is ridiculous!

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.2.13  Snuffy  replied to  CB @1.2.11    4 years ago
As you may know, highly valued, high-ranking, and high powered people have staffing. And, you can only swear staffing to so much. So unless you can find a 'culprit' who leaks important (not trivial) documents, you can not indict, try, or convict a professional for simply doing his or her job!

By that same logic you cannot indict President Trump for things his staff does either.  Guess the buck doesn't stop there.

zuksam
Junior Silent
1.2.14  zuksam  replied to  CB @1.2.11    4 years ago
The courts do not exist to settle vendettas

If only the Democrats would follow that rule we wouldn't even be talking about this.

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.15  CB  replied to  Snuffy @1.2.13    4 years ago

Hi Snuffy! What you talking about? Leaking? Something more?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.3  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @1    4 years ago

It's unlikely you would know how to interpret them.

If there was a problem with Trump's taxes, Obama's IRS would have pointed it out long before the 2016 election.

At any rate, nothing will be done before the November election.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.4  Right Down the Center  replied to  JBB @1    4 years ago

I have never been interested in seeing any political office holders tax returns and I don't plan on starting now.  What I would be interested in knowing is how many of the people that seem so interested now have ever actually reviewed any other politicians tax returns.

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.1  CB  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.4    4 years ago

The public as individuals need not see the returns, some trusted representatives should see them. All of this could be resolved if Donald Trump (Do as I say not as i do) would end his stonewalling.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.2  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.4.1    4 years ago

If I demand to see r return, and you refuse, are you stonewalling?

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.3  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.4.2    4 years ago

First, sadly, I am not a 'trusted representative (of this nation),' Secondly, I suppose you are not such a person either. Lastly, as a member of the public, congress and other trusted representatives can view all my returns, for it has never crossed my mind to try to tie 'em up with litigious treatment.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.4.4  Right Down the Center  replied to  CB @1.4.1    4 years ago
trusted representatives

Really?  Good luck finding one.  Seems they are all too busy spinning everything that happens to be trusted to do what is best for us.

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.5  CB  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.4.4    4 years ago

Of course, we could let a Trump sycophant or sycophants be our trusted or team of trusted officials. Just kidding. There is no daylight between Trump and his supporters! When Trump looks into a mirror what is staring back? Sycophants in the millions!

And you go by "right down the center" do you? Here is a 'word to the wise': What is good is good 99.99 percent of the time. If Donald Trump is good, let's see a demonstration of it on this right now.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.6  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.4.3    4 years ago

If you choose to make your returns public, go for it!

Not everyone is so willing to forfeit their rights

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.7  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.4.6    4 years ago

That's full of it. And not even the subject. Here refresh yourself, I'll help:

Trump tax returns case moves at light speed as Supreme Court issues formal ruling

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.8  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.4.7    4 years ago

I know exactly what the topic is, and you have no right to see Trump's returns.

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.9  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.4.8    4 years ago

Don't digress. Accentuate this discussion, please.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.10  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.4.9    4 years ago

Stop telling me what to do. If you don't like my responses, you are completely free to skip on by.

Freewill
Junior Quiet
1.4.12  Freewill  replied to  CB @1.4.7    4 years ago
And not even the subject. Here refresh yourself, I'll help: Trump tax returns case moves at light speed as Supreme Court issues formal ruling

Since it is not possible for anything but light to move at light speed based on today's science, perhaps the "subject" needs to be re-phrased?  There, can't get more on topic than that! jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.13  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.4.10    4 years ago

You 'chatted me up' Tex'! @1.4.2. I started to act like I am out, but no—it's Tex' after all! (Giggles.)

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.14  CB  replied to  XDm9mm @1.4.11    4 years ago

Irrelevant. I'm elevated above insults. You are welcome to depart as the reverse of your arrival. See ya!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.16  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.4.13    4 years ago
You 'chatted me up' Tex'! @1.4.2.

Yes, I asked a simple question.

I started to act like I am out, but no—it's Tex' after all!

nice, but really, I am not interested in what else you pretend about.

(Giggles.)

Easily entertained, are you?

But giggles? Aren't you a little old for that?

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.4.17  Right Down the Center  replied to  CB @1.4.5    4 years ago

If you can't see it then it is because you refuse to see/

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.18  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.4.16    4 years ago

You bust me up. "Pepper bellies."  See! (Giggles.)

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.19  CB  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.4.17    4 years ago

Rhetoric? It is not a demonstration!

"Right down the center" (of one side.) jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.20  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.4.18    4 years ago

hmmm....yet another off topic post.

guess that can happen when people get emotional and lose their rationality

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.5  bugsy  replied to  JBB @1    4 years ago

Nope...don't care and none of my...or your business, especially before he became president.

Besides, unless you are a CPA or tax lawyer, you probably would have no idea what you are looking at.

You probably think the word "Russia"shows up in them.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.5.1  Snuffy  replied to  bugsy @1.5    4 years ago
You probably think the word "Russia"shows up in them.

Oh hell yeah...  he's gotta have W-2's from the Kremlin...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @1    4 years ago

Outside of the radical left, I would calculate the nation's interest in the President's tax returns as just about ZERO.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.6.1  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.6    4 years ago

yeah vic, who cares if trump broke the law by paying hush money to some trollops before a presidential election, right?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.6.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @1.6.1    4 years ago
who cares if trump broke the law

Please show us where?

JBB
Professor Principal
1.6.3  seeder  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.6.2    4 years ago

For starters this..

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.6.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @1.6.3    4 years ago

I had a hard time getting by that first sentence. If that conversation was criminal, where's the indictment?

It isn't like the left isn't trying.

CB
Professor Principal
1.6.5  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.6    4 years ago

Boring.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3  Texan1211    4 years ago

Sure seems like some are very curious about private tax returns.

Pity that the large majority clamoring for them will never see them.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @3    4 years ago

Except, the US President is not a private citizen!

And, the courts have ruled he must show them...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.1    4 years ago

Good luck seeing them!

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.2  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.1    4 years ago

I don't need luck. The law is on my side...

Freewill
Junior Quiet
3.1.5  Freewill  replied to  JBB @3.1    4 years ago
And, the courts have ruled he must show them...

Actually not entirely true.  Legal precedent summarized HERE .

The question at the heart of  Mazars  is whether the subpoenas issued by the House committee are a valid exercise of congressional power. Following a principle enunciated first as dicta (commentary not essential to a decision) in  Kilbourn   v.  Thompson  [105 U.S. 168 (1880)] and reaffirmed several times since, Congress may use its investigative powers, including both subpoenas and the ability to call and examine witnesses, only in aid of a legislative function. It may not investigate solely to expose embarrassing or illegal behavior or to gather evidence that might be used in a legal proceeding. Any governmental power to investigate with these ends as goals is impermissible. Justice Brennan put the matter this way: “Investigation conducted solely to … punish the investigated, either by publicity or prosecution, is indefensible—it exceeds the congressional power: exposure for the sake of exposure is not legislative inquiry.”  Hutchinson v. U.S.   [369 U.S. 599, 624 (1962)

While those are the facts, personally I think his refusal to divulge the records reflects poorly on his willingness to support "transparency" as some other presidents have voluntarily done in the past.  He incubates the very suspicions and theories that are being used against him politically.  And he destroys any claim he can make about he or his administration being more transparent than past presidents or administrations.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.2  Krishna  replied to  Texan1211 @3    4 years ago

Pity that the large majority clamoring for them will never see them.

Actually the majority clamoring (clamor!, clamor! jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif ) will soon see them,.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @3.2    4 years ago

Good luck seeing them!

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2.2  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.1    4 years ago

I haven't misunderstood anything...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.2.2    4 years ago

What makes you think you'll see grand jury information?

Did you know about grand jury secrecy?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.2.2    4 years ago
I haven't misunderstood anything...

So what in that makes you think you'll see his tax returns?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.2.5  Gsquared  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.3    4 years ago

If (when) Trump is indicted based on the Vance investigation, the tax returns will likely be submitted into evidence.  In that case, I doubt that they will remain under seal.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @3.2.5    4 years ago

You sound awful sure that will happen. So sure, in fact, that I don't see how the returns will help any, if there is a case to begin with.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.2.7  Gsquared  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.6    4 years ago

You sound awful sure that will happen.

My gut tells me... that's totally convincing, right?

Your second sentence is just a bit too much circular reasoning for a mere mortal like me to follow...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.8  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @3.2.7    4 years ago

Did your gut tell you Hillary was going to lose?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.2.9  Gsquared  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.8    4 years ago

My gut told me that Trump could win in 2016, which I told anyone who asked.  It could happen again, unfortunately.  We will find out in November.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.10  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @3.2.9    4 years ago

My head told me that Trump--like any candidate--had a chance to win

My gut told me Democrats were over-confident.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

I don't to see them as I don't have the resources to verify the numbers.  I want the experts to do that and just let us know if they are bs or not.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7  Jeremy Retired in NC    4 years ago

FFS does ANYBODY think that if there were something Obama and Clinton wouldn't have made it public during the 2016 campaign?  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @7    4 years ago
FFS does ANYBODY think that if there were something Obama and Clinton wouldn't have made it public during the 2016 campaign?  

Only fools would believe it, especially after the IRS was clearly not pro-conservative.

CB
Professor Principal
9  CB    4 years ago

'Fish! How 'bout that Orly Taitz? How she rockin' these days? Trump still ain't satisfied that black man with a name like Obama can be from here! 

I ain't asking for Trump's returns, by the way: New York State and Congress, the legally responsible people are doing the asking through the courts!

Trump's penis: Eeww. Get it out of here! No thank you! How about no?!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
9.3  Greg Jones  replied to  CB @9    4 years ago
Trump still ain't satisfied that black man with a name like Obama can be from here! 

Typical racist comment.

CB
Professor Principal
9.3.1  CB  replied to  Greg Jones @9.3    4 years ago

You wish. How about that Central Park Five? Do you think Trump should apologize to them for wishing their black and brown skins the gas chamber? How about those "good" klansmen with tiki torches? Is Trump just misunderstood? Or did his niece just write a book where she says he was an 'ugly' racist child and young adult? Or, words to that effect?