Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  4 years ago  •  32 comments

By:   Lee Moran, HuffPost

Anthony Fauci Reveals ‘Serious Threats’ To Himself, His Family

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Anthony Fauci Reveals ‘Serious Threats’ To Himself, His Family

Lee Moran

huffpost_Light.png July 24, 2020, 5:50 AM

Anthony Fauci  revealed a chilling personal consequence of his prominence as the nation’s top infectious disease expert during the  coronavirus  pandemic.

Fauci said on Thursday that he’s received “serious threats” to himself, his wife and daughters ― requiring them to have extra security ― because of his public role as director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and adviser to President   Donald Trump   on the White House coronavirus task force.

“I’ve seen a side of society that I guess is understandable, but it’s a little bit disturbing,” Fauci told CNN political commentator David Axelrod on   the latest episode of “The Axe Files” podcast .

“I mean, really? Is this the United States of America?” he asked.

Fauci’s warnings and advice on the public health crisis ― including advocating social distancing measures and face masks ―   has repeatedly put him in conflict with the president and his allies . President Donald Trump has consistently downplayed the pandemic, pressed to reopen schools and businesses, held campaign events that ignored social distancing and refused to wear a face mask until recent days.

White House smears of Fauci prompted thousands of public health experts to sign an open letter to Trump describing it as a “dangerous distraction.”

Fauci compared the threats he receives now to the hate mail that could be pushed aside as “stupid people saying stupid things” when he   led the agency’s response   to the HIV/AIDS crisis in the 1980s.

“It’s really a magnitude different now,” he told Axelrod. “As much as people inappropriately, I think, make me somewhat of a hero ... there are people who get really angry at thinking I’m interfering with their life because I’m pushing a public health agenda.”

The hostility against public health issues is “difficult to process,” Fauci added.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

Anthony Fauci    revealed a chilling personal consequence of his prominence as the nation’s top infectious disease expert during the    coronavirus    pandemic.
Fauci said on Thursday that he’s received “serious threats” to himself, his wife and daughters ― requiring them to have extra security ― because of his public role as director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and adviser to President      Donald Trump       on the White House coronavirus task force.

“I’ve seen a side of society that I guess is understandable, but it’s a little bit disturbing,” Fauci told CNN political commentator David Axelrod on      the latest episode of “The Axe Files” podcast   .

“I mean, really? Is this the United States of America?” he asked.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

See what happens when you contradict the 'president'?

You and your family get death threats.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @2    4 years ago
You and your family get death threats

Common sense should tell you that the alleged threats are coming all corners of society, not just Trump supporters.

Being the bearer of daily bad news does not win the hearts and minds of the people whose lives have been ruined, some irretrievably and permanently, after months

of politically inspired lockdowns and media driven hysteria and fear mongering. At least Dr. Birx offers a bit of hope and realism about the situation.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1    4 years ago

No way in hell are anyone but tRump supporters threatening Mr. Fauci and his family, no way in hell.  

Those lives have been ruined by tRump and his deadly mishandling incompetent bumbling NO RESPONSE/PLAYING DOWN THE THREAT/IT'S A HOAX

dec6b83cabac350557961c5052399d71.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to    4 years ago

So you take Rand Pauls' word over doctors/scientists/and researchers.

Good luck with that.  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.4  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.1    4 years ago

If you want to believe all the wrong and contradictory information that has come from Fauci, be my guest.

And you know what I say about all the people who have lost jobs, lost homes, and lost hope is true.

Lots of ordinary working class and poor Democrats have been adversely affected by the fallout and wrong actions by of the stupid Dem "leaders"

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.1.5  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1    4 years ago
Common sense should tell you that the alleged threats are coming all corners of society, not just Trump supporters.

Common sense should tell you that the only ones stupid enough to believe Trump and blame Fauci who are also bitter and violent enough to threaten him are Trump supporters.

" While the president spent the week teasing guidelines for restarting the country’s economy and belittling some states with strict lockdown measures, vocal Trump supporters coalesced around the people they are blaming for getting the world into the crisis to begin with: the World Health Organization, Bill Gates and Dr. Anthony Fauci."

" US infectious disease chief Dr Anthony Fauci is being targeted by the Trump administration as tensions rise between the health expert and the president."

There is zero evidence of any liberals, progressives or Democrats believing a single word this dumb fuck President says so I find it hard to believe any of them would have bought into the white house lies about Fauci.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.6  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.4    4 years ago

There has been no wrong or contradictory information from Dr. Fauci.  

EVERYONE has been adversely affected by Co-Vid 19 that is true.

Common sense would tell you that only a moron/coward/fool would threaten the life of Dr. Fauci and his family. 

'And you know what I say about all the people who have lost jobs, lost homes, and lost hope is true.'

Thanks to tRump ignoring/downplaying/it's a hoax.

Doing NOTHING even after it started to spread like wildfire.  Still doing NOTHING.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.10  seeder  Tessylo  replied to    4 years ago

Can you say anything without saying ****ing retard?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1.13  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to    4 years ago

You have no idea who he is sitting with. If you live with the people, you don't have to wear a mask. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
2.1.17  Sunshine  replied to    4 years ago

Yes, the fate of the US hangs on Trump wearing a mask.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.18  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Sunshine @2.1.17    4 years ago

LEADING BY EXAMPLE.  

We have no leader/'president'

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
2.1.19  Sunshine  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.18    4 years ago
We have no leader/'president'

Speak for yourself. 

Fixating on Trump wearing a mask for months is another TDS outbreak.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1.20  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Sunshine @2.1.19    4 years ago

And thanks for reminding us all that the failure to lead by example for months by Trump NOT wearing a mask is another facet of Trump Denial Syndrome..

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
2.1.21  Sunshine  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1.20    4 years ago

[deleted]

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.22  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sunshine @2.1.17    4 years ago

You have children, don't you? I would bet you lead by example when trying to teach them something or trying to keep them safe.

You have a job? I bet you're probably a supervisor or at least have trained people. Do you lead by example at work?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

If these non masker, sub IQ, death threateners want to get to get together and kill each other off with the CV, fine.  But let the doctor do his job and just stfu.   Threatening his family?  These are acts of cowards, just like their idol. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3    4 years ago

Yes and Rand Paul needs to STFU also

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @3.1    4 years ago

So do the Trumpers.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4  Greg Jones    4 years ago

And now, the idiot "experts" want yet another bite at the poisonous misery apple.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Greg Jones @4    4 years ago

And your great suggestion to halt the increasing rates of hospitalizations and deaths would be exactly what.....?

You've given me a real strong impression that you haven't a clue as to what is coming at us with respect to this virus starting about the second week of September.  Put the pieces together Dean.... Kids going back to classrooms in close contact with each other late August. Then in October, cooler weather driving people inside again in close contact.  Put annual flu on top of both of those...  Think man!