╌>

Donald Trump is now openly begging for votes

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  gsquared  •  4 years ago  •  61 comments

Donald Trump is now openly begging for votes
At a rally in Johnstown, Pennsylvania, on Tuesday night, President Donald Trump revealed just how desperate his political fortunes are at the moment. "Suburban women, will you please like me?" he pleaded. "I saved your damn neighborhood." Which, well, awkward.

Trump is so desperate he is begging for votes.  Poor little Donald...

Biden and his supporters are strictly off topic.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

At a rally in Johnstown, Pennsylvania, on Tuesday night, President Donald Trump revealed just how desperate his political fortunes are at the moment.

"Suburban women, will you please like me?"   he pleaded . "I saved your damn neighborhood."

Which, well, awkward.

Trump is right, of course, that he has a major problem with suburban voters -- and suburban women in particular. 

In 2016, Trump won voters who lived in the suburbs -- 49% of the total electorate -- by 2 points over Hillary Clinton, according to Pew .

Two years later, the President's party was crushed in the 2018 midterms -- losing control of the House -- thanks in large part to a   suburban revolt against Trump . House Democratic candidates won 52% of suburban voters as compared to just 45% for House GOPers.

Of the 41 seats Democrats picked up in the 2018 election,  38 were in predominantly suburban districts . Which is remarkable.

Unfortunately for Trump -- and down-ballot Republicans -- the 2018 midterms weren't the low ebb for the President in the eyes of suburbanites.

States like Colorado, Pennsylvania, Texas, Georgia and Florida -- where much of the population resides in suburban areas -- have all moved away from Trump over the past few years. 

Colorado looks to be out of reach for the President, and his struggles will likely cost Republican Sen. Cory Gardner his seat. Pennsylvania remains a possibility for Trump but his poor performance in the Philadelphia and Pittsburgh suburbs could be too big a hole for him to dig out of. 

Florida, Texas and Georgia are all toss ups at this point, largely due to Trump's underperformance in the suburban areas of the state.

The problem for Trump is that knowing he has a problem in the suburbs and fixing it are two very different things. Trump, as his quote on Tuesday night makes clear, has tried to scare women in the suburbs into voting for him; if Joe Biden wins, he claim with little subtlety, roving gangs of Antifa supporters will invade your suburban paradise.

But female suburban voters aren't buying it.   As The New York Times wrote last month , citing polling data in Minnesota and Wisconsin:

"President Trump's effort to court suburban women by promising to protect their neighborhoods is encountering one sizable hitch: Most suburban women say their neighborhoods aren't particularly under threat."

The Point : Trump knows he is losing. And he knows that a lot of the problem has to do with the suburbs, and women living in the suburbs in particular. He also has no message that persuades them to reconsider voting for him. So he is resorting to begging -- which rarely works.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Gsquared    4 years ago

Does anyone feel sorry for poor little Donald?  I DON'T THINK SO!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Gsquared @1    4 years ago

I sure don't, but what i think I'm learning is that American women are smarter than American men. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Gsquared  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1    4 years ago

That's not a secret.  Women vote in greater numbers than men, too.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Gsquared @1.1.1    4 years ago

I'm voting for Joe Biden.  All the women I know are voting for Joe Biden.  They're smart, decent folks.  Those are the women who vote for Joe Biden.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.3  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.2    4 years ago
I'm voting for Joe Biden. 

Certainly not a surprise, [deleted]

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.1.4  seeder  Gsquared  replied to  bugsy @1.1.3    4 years ago

That sounds like a personal insult directed at an NT member.  Unacceptable.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.5  bugsy  replied to  Gsquared @1.1.4    4 years ago

[Deleted]

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.1.6  seeder  Gsquared  replied to  bugsy @1.1.5    4 years ago

Your comment read as if she would commit violence.  I found that to be a personal insult directed at an NT member.  The moderator deleted it for whatever reason(s) the moderator thought appropriate.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.7  bugsy  replied to  Gsquared @1.1.6    4 years ago

OK fair enough, but it was not meant to say she would commit violence. To clarify,  the women told others of voting for Biden because they know the violent tendencies of many liberals if they find out anyone is a Trump supporter.

Again, no biggie

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.9  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Gsquared @1.1.1    4 years ago

And the beat goes on......

Thousands Join Nationwide Women's Marches To Protest ...

3 hours ago ·  Women’s March  organizers said more than 116,000 people  nationwide  had pledged to participate in  marches  or other actions, including virtual events, on Saturday. “We want our lives back from this administration. And we want a whole different future: a story we are all written into,

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Gsquared @1    4 years ago

This article is a unmitigated crock of BS!

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.2.1  seeder  Gsquared  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.2    4 years ago

Thank you for your participation.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.2.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Gsquared @1.2.1    4 years ago

Oh, that's right I'm sorry. Only those that share your views are allowed participation?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.2.3  seeder  Gsquared  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.2.2    4 years ago

I thanked you, and you have a problem with it.  Wow.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.2.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Gsquared @1.2.3    4 years ago

Why would I appreciate what was most likely meant as out and out sarcasm? Wow is right.

JBB
Professor Principal
2  JBB    4 years ago

I cannot grasp why all those red states are still going to vote for the biggest loser ever in American politics!

Gsquared
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Gsquared  replied to  JBB @2    4 years ago

We'll see how it all ends up.  We may see several red states turn blue.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  JBB @2    4 years ago
I cannot grasp why all those red states are still going to vote for the biggest loser ever in American politics!

Perhaps it's because the rats on the Trumptanic's food (aka right wing media) was drugged. Trump assured them that his ship is unsinkable and in their drugged stupor they believed him. Now it's almost too late. The ship is sinking and the rats are still celebrating, dancing, drinking and cheering on deck.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JBB @2    4 years ago

Many are asking themselves the same thing about the blue states. Just depends on one's perspective does it not?

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     4 years ago

After that whiny request, he goes on to insult seniors. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Gsquared  replied to  Kavika @3    4 years ago

Donald has proven time and again that HE'S NOT TOO SMART!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Gsquared @3.1    4 years ago

He's a dumbass shithead.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Gsquared @3.1    4 years ago

"Don't ever use the word smart with me."  DJT

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.1.3  seeder  Gsquared  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.1.2    4 years ago

That is the PERFECT comment.  Brilliant.  Thank you!

Using "smart" and "Trump" in the same sentence would definitely put the moron in oxymoron.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Gsquared @3.1.3    4 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    4 years ago

20 days to the Trumpian  meltdown

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  Gsquared  replied to  JohnRussell @4    4 years ago

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Gsquared @4.1    4 years ago

trumpturd said to the folks in California "What the hell do you have to lose?"

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4.1.2  seeder  Gsquared  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.1    4 years ago

Our response:  "With you as President, Donald, EVERYTHING!"

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Kavika   replied to  Gsquared @4.1    4 years ago

That's can't be happening as well all know there is no climate change. LOLOL

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Gsquared @4.1    4 years ago

Ekj56t7WMAY74sh?format=jpg&name=medium

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5  lady in black    4 years ago

This suburban woman will NEVER vote for orange conman

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  Kavika     4 years ago

Trump is having a rally in Iowa. This billboard is right outside where the rally is being held..LMAO

121272151_3815899661776657_635842336344609784_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=uD0S4yyKQXIAX92KaRQ&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=817131a89bdd01adc6140944ed351bc2&oe=5FAE23FB

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.1  seeder  Gsquared  replied to  Kavika @6    4 years ago

Truth.  So correct.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
6.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Kavika @6    4 years ago

We're not going to get rid of covid even after Trump is gone from the WH.  

How did we get to the point to where everyone understood that they had to wear a seatbelt when driving.  Isn't this the same thing only more important to others around you?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.2.1  seeder  Gsquared  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @6.2    4 years ago

We are going to be dealing with the covid problem for a long time, prolonged by Trump's malfeasance.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.2.2  Kavika   replied to  Gsquared @6.2.1    4 years ago

Yesterday the US recorded 59,454 new COVID cases and 895 deaths. 

evilone
Professor Guide
6.2.3  evilone  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @6.2    4 years ago
How did we get to the point to where everyone understood that they had to wear a seatbelt when driving.

There are still many who don't and a lot more that still text and drive. Americans are dumb when it comes to things that might inconvience them

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
6.2.4  FLYNAVY1  replied to  evilone @6.2.3    4 years ago

So much for the personal responsibility thing.....

Should we try.... Do unto others.........?

Appealing to patriotism doesn't work.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.2.5  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @6.2    4 years ago

So many anti makers are Trumptards so maybe they will implode and it will help solve the problem.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
8  Hal A. Lujah    4 years ago

With lines like “I love the poorly educated!”, how has he not figured out how to appeal to the suburban women monolith?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1  Texan1211  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @8    4 years ago

Do Democrats NOT love the poorly educated people in our country?

Do Democrats NOT love many of the people whose votes they depend on for their livelihood?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
8.1.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1    4 years ago

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @8.1.1    4 years ago

I often let hypocritical 'points" fly over my head, I simply refuse to indulge in that nonsense, but you have fun!

Gsquared
Professor Principal
8.1.3  seeder  Gsquared  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.2    4 years ago

There is nothing even remotely hypocritical about his comment.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @8.1.3    4 years ago

in your opinion.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
8.1.5  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1    4 years ago
Do Democrats NOT love the poorly educated people in our country?

True love means working to get them educated, so yes Democrats try to educate the poorly educated. Once educated, they often vote Democrat.

Trump and conservative Republicans seem to love to keep their voters uneducated, if they didn't their base would evaporate because few rational educated persons would buy the horse shit they're selling.

You can fix ignorance with knowledge. Sadly, you just can't fix stupid as many Trump die hard supporters have proven.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @8.1.5    4 years ago

many. many poorly educated people vote Democratic.

in fact, Democrats are fond of reminding us that much of their base (which is poorly educated) vote for them and not the GOP.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.1.7  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @8.1.5    4 years ago
Once educated, they often vote Democrat.

Is that how it works? Neighborhoods like Englewood in Chicago that have voted Democratic almost unanimously for generations and have been among the most violent and poverty stricken in the country are filled with highly educated voters?

rump and conservative Republicans seem to love to keep their voters uneducated

You've just described the last 150 years of Democratic machine politics and you blame Trump for that? Hilarious. School systems in Democratic cities exist not to educate students,  but to reward Democrats with patronage jobs. The worse their students do, the better Democrats do. 

The last time they tracked voters without high schools educations, the truly uneducated, they provided Obama with his biggest advantage over Romney  in votes.   

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.7    4 years ago

Two if the poorest educated groups vote overwhelming for Democrats--Blacks and Hispanics.

JBB
Professor Principal
8.1.9  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.8    4 years ago

That right there is why they don't and won't...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @8.1.9    4 years ago

Oh, are they allergic to facts?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.12  Texan1211  replied to    4 years ago

they gave been allowed to vote for quite some time now.

why would they have more at stake than any American?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
8.1.13  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.7    4 years ago
Is that how it works?

" Democrats increasingly dominate in party identification among white college graduates – and maintain wide and long-standing advantages among black, Hispanic and Asian American voters. Republicans increasingly dominate in party affiliation among white non-college voters, who continue to make up a majority (57%) of all GOP voters."

"62% of white college educated women vote Democratic"

"62% of white non-college educated men vote Republican"

The rest of your tired false spite filled narrative about Democrats can get shoved back into whatever nasty right wing extremist hole you pulled it from.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.1.15  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @8.1.13    4 years ago

alse spite filled narrative about Democrats can g

You didn't rebut a single thing I wrote. That college educated whites, might for the first time ever, support the Democratic candidate in a Presidential election doesn't address what I wrote.

Try again. Why don't you look up the education levels in Englewood and the percentage of Democratic votes its generates.  nasty right wing extremist hole you pulled it from

right wing extremist hole you pulled it from.

It's called reality. Which is why you avoid it in favor of name calling. Good thing you didn't even try and dispute it. Why don't you fact check this, for starters?

The last time they tracked voters without high schools educations, the truly uneducated, they provided Obama with his biggest advantage over Romney  in votes. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.1.16  Sean Treacy  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.8    4 years ago
Two if the poorest educated groups vote overwhelming for Democrats--Blacks and Hispanics.

They don't like to acknowledge that. Only white people matter to them. Now that a majority of college educated whites might support their candidate, they suddenly feel like they can ridicule those without college degrees. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.17  Texan1211  replied to    4 years ago

yes, I am sorry those Democrats instituted Jim Crow laws.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
8.1.18  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.15    4 years ago
You didn't rebut a single thing I wrote.

Why would I bother to rebut your laughable opinions on 150 years of Democrats? It's bullshit rhetoric on the face of it and deserves no rebuttal because it's patently ridiculous.

It's called reality.

The nonsense you're spouting is no where near reality. When someone proclaims the world is flat it's easier to just laugh and move on, trying to explain reality to them is obviously just a waste of time. You present a flat earth political narrative built around defending and deflecting for the worst sack of shit President in American history, rational persons can but shake their heads, laugh and move on.