╌>

Thousands Of White Supremacists Descend On DC For 'Million MAGA March'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  33 comments

By:   David Neiwert (Crooks and Liars)

Thousands Of White Supremacists Descend On DC For 'Million MAGA March'
Conspiracy theorists and extremists dominated the crowd at Saturday's 'Million MAGA March' in Washington, D.C., claiming Trump won the election.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

screen_shot_2020-11-14_at_6.43.05_pm.png Image from: Twitter @Journo_Christal

As promised, thousands of hardcore Donald Trump supporters flooded downtown Washington, D.C., Saturday, for a "Million MAGA March," falsely claiming he and not Joe Biden had won the presidential vote and demanding election officials "Stop the Steal." Also as promised, Trump himself swung by to acknowledge what organizers had billed as "the largest Trump rally in U.S. history"—albeit briefly, from inside a slow-moving limousine.

The turnout was far short of the million attendees suggested by the name organizers had given the rally. Neutral observers estimated the crowd to number in the low tens of thousands. And while it was generally portrayed in the media as a mainstream Republican event, the rally was dominated by the presence of the far-right extremists who had organized it, and the rhetoric of the speakers—which was not just violently hyperbolic but often insurrectionary—reflected that.

From the outset, the aggregation of white nationalists, street brawlers, "Patriot" militiamen, and conspiracy theorists who had organized and promoted the event on social media made their presence felt. Even before the mid-morning event was scheduled to start, a block-long phalanx of several hundred thuggish Proud Boys marched through downtown Washington, chanting "Fuck antifa" and "USA! USA!" as they made their way to Liberty Plaza near the White House, the event's main gathering point.

Trump had promoted the event in a tweet Friday, saying he found the rally "heartwarming," and that he "may even try to stop by and say hello." And indeed he did, cruising past the marchers in his limousine and waving to them from inside a rear passenger window, en route to a day on the golf course.

Throughout the event, far-right extremists of a variety of stripes announced their presence: White nationalists from Nicholas Fuentes' "Groyper Army" rushed to lead the march from the White House to the Congress and Supreme Court buildings, their blue "America First" banners held high. Oath Keepers and other militiamen, wearing body armor and prepared for battle—though unarmed, since Washington forbids open carry of guns within its city limits—joined eagerly in the march.

At one point, Fuentes addressed the crowd with a bullhorn. "We're up against the media, and against the giant corporations, and against the swamp, and the government, and the CIA, and the FBI, and the intelligence community, and it is a pretty big path ahead of us," he said. "There are a lot of them, and they wield much power. But I think to myself this: I have much confidence in known that God is on our side!" The crowd roared.

Alex Jones and his Infowars operation were also easy to find, particularly Jones himself, who joined the Proud Boys in their morning march, and then was surrounded by them for "security" as they marched. "This is what America looks like!" they chanted as they went.

QAnon conspiracy cultists were also present in abundant numbers. At one point, the crowd collectively chanted the QAnon slogan: "Where we go one, we go all!"

Violence at the event was relatively limited during the day, due to a light turnout of counterprotesters, most of whom gathered near the Supreme Court building. Some fighting broke out between them and rally-goers, mostly involving pushing and shoving. Metro police moved to create a barrier between the two factions, with the antifascists mostly relegated to a small patch of ground at the rally destination.

Several pro-Trump speakers at the event bore mainstream Republican credentials, but their rhetoric was straight out of the far-right insurrectionary handbook. Republican Congressman Louie Gohmert of Texas, for instance, told the crowd that their fight against the election outcome was not merely about Trump, "this is about the future of America," he said. "This is a multidimensional war."

Gohmert called for an Egypt-style revolution to take to the streets and rise up against the election result. He also suggested that elections in California and New York were fraudulent, so their entire results should simply be tossed out (which would indeed reverse the election's outcome). "This was a cheated election," he claimed.

Former presidential adviser Sebastian Gorka also addressed the crowd, urging them to refuse to accept a Biden victory. "Here's the path to victory," he said. "This is a Republic, we don't let 51% dictate to 49%," adding: "The only fascists are antifa, and BLM are racists."

"We have to put the pressure on," Gorka continued. "You get on the streets. You get your MAGA hat on and you send a message to the state senate. If you certify a fraudulent election, you will never, ever get re-elected."

"We don't want violence, but we will never let them steal our republic," he concluded. "Get your MAGA on!"

Republished with permission from Daily Kos.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

The following people and groups are mentioned in the story as present and participating in this march.

The Proud Boys

The Groyper Boys 

The Oath Keepers

Alex Jones

Q Anon

Louis Gohmert

Sebastian Gorka

Donald Trump (waved from his car)

These are all un American extremists. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago
The following people and groups are mentioned in the story as present and participating in this march.

And in related news. Thousands Of White Supremacists attend a super spreader event..... 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.2  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Kavika   replied to  1stwarrior @1.2    4 years ago

This sign was carried in the so-called ''stop the steal'' MAGA demonstration in DC yesterday. 

Tune in to Fox News it's quite the story. Imagine Fox News showing the fucking racists in the MAGA. 

I'd be happy to toke it up and they stuff up their racist asses, got it 1st?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika @1.2.1    4 years ago

Viewing from afar, I find it hard to believe that there are Native Americans who support a POTUS who has done nothing for their benefit but what he has done has been for their detriment.  I think the word for that is masochism.  

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
1.2.4  bbl-1  replied to  Suz @1.2.3    4 years ago

Proves nothing?  Well, did Trump 'bang' Clifford and McDougal with a condom or not?  Prove that.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @1.2.4    4 years ago
Well, did Trump 'bang' Clifford and McDougal with a condom or not?  Prove that.

Why? What purpose would it serve, and how is that relative to the discussion?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.7  Texan1211  replied to    4 years ago

If you are referring to some comments I made on another seed, perhaps it would be best to address me there instead of here.

I think it best if you let the answer come from who I asked it of.

unless you are prepared to actually answer what I asked?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
1.2.8  bbl-1  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.5    4 years ago

I want proof.  The discussion is Trump.  It's always Trump.  It's never NOT been about Trump.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.9  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @1.2.8    4 years ago
I want proof. 

People in hell want ice water.

I am wondering what possible difference it will make to anyone anywhere whether Trump used a condom years ago when he screwed those women. Hell, ask the women if for some obscure reason it is imperative to you.

The discussion is Trump.  It's always Trump.  It's never NOT been about Trump.

Trump, Trump, Trump........................living rent free in liberals' heads for over 4 years now. I was really hoping that maybe that kind of shit would die down after Trump lost the election, but I guess once afflicted, always afflicted, eh?

Cheers!

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
1.2.10  bbl-1  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.9    4 years ago

He is a criminal.  An evil man loyal only onto himself.  Why do you defend him?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.12  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @1.2.10    4 years ago
He is a criminal.

Please show me his criminal convictions.

An evil man loyal only onto himself.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Why do you defend him?

Please quote me defending him, or why you think I am by asking reasonable questions concerning your post about wanting to see someone prove that Trump wore a condom when screwing those two women.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.13  Texan1211  replied to    4 years ago
This may have just set a record for missing the point.
But do continue...fire, aim, ready!

Okay, just for shits and giggles, I will concede that you might have thought you made a point.

Can you elucidate on that, spell it out for little old dumb me?

Use your words.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.2.14  1stwarrior  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.2    4 years ago

I think you might wanna read some of the EO's this administration has done in the past year.

EO 13950:   Combating Race and Sex Stereotyping
EO 13944:  Combating Public Health Emergencies and Strengthening National Security by Ensuring Essential Medicines, Medical Countermeasures, and Critical Inputs Are Made in the United States
EO 13898:  Establishing the Task Force on Missing and Murdered American Indians and Alaska Natives
EO 13872:  Economic Empowerment of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders

Not to mention the bills/resolutions presently in the House/Senate for consideration - - all under this administration. 

Think you might need to stick with what's happening in your location/home of birth when discussing this administration and Native Americans.

Just Sayin'.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.2.15  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.2    4 years ago

Add in some women, blacks, Hispanics, and Asians who still support him and you have it with a cap M.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.16  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.2.15    4 years ago

Maybe he reflects their own personal prejudices.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.18  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Suz @1.2.17    4 years ago

Don't YOU make presumptions.  I said "MAYBE". 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2  Hal A. Lujah    4 years ago

I hope the pizza shops have hired extra security.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2    4 years ago

Would you want any of them handling your food?

JBB
Professor Principal
3  JBB    4 years ago

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4  Gsquared    4 years ago

The only thing missing were the tiki torches.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Gsquared @4    4 years ago

..and the white sheet robes.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago
"Conspiracy theorists and extremists dominated the crowd at Saturday's 'Million MAGA March' in Washington, D.C., claiming Trump won the election."
But their messiah has now announced that Biden won the election.  However, he said the election was "rigged", whch is why he refuses to concede.  He is making a mockery of American democracy for the whole world to watch, and pity.  How does it feel to be pitied by the rest of the world?   IMO, if Biden was actually capable of rigging the election to gain the victory that he did, Trump is paying him a great compliment, because anyone who can do that DESERVES to be POTUS, and would be absolutely capable of bringing normality back to the USA.
Now that Trump has said Biden has won, only ignorant fools would continue to say Trump won. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
6  bbl-1    4 years ago

The MAGA could bring this nation down.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.1  Gsquared  replied to  bbl-1 @6    4 years ago

Some of them certainly seem to be trying to.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Gsquared @6.1    4 years ago
Some of them certainly seem to be trying to.

They are eager to destroy America so they can remake it in their God's image.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Gsquared  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.1    4 years ago
their God's image

An old man with a long white beard wearing a robe?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Gsquared @6.1.2    4 years ago

No, an dyed orange conman with a bad hairdo.  I dare any of his inbred supporters to try to book a room at Mar A Largo.  Trump would have them thrown out and trespassed.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  bbl-1 @6    4 years ago
The MAGA could bring this nation down.

Make America Germany Again...