╌>

‘I concede NOTHING!’ Trump says

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  47 comments

‘I concede NOTHING!’ Trump says

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

President Trump on Sunday doubled down on his refusal to concede the election to President-elect Joe Biden, even after suffering resounding court defeats over his election challenges and amid a growing popular-vote margin for the Democrat. 

“He only won in the eyes of the FAKE NEWS MEDIA,” Trump said of Biden in a morning tweet, providing no evidence to back up his claim. “I concede NOTHING! We have a long way to go. This was a RIGGED ELECTION!” 

The president’s declaration comes as he and his administration continue to falsely accuse Democrats of election fraud and impede the transition. It also follows an earlier Sunday morning tweet in which he appeared — if inadvertently — to acknowledge Biden’s win. 

“He won because the Election was Rigged,” Trump said in the tweet. “NO VOTE WATCHERS OR OBSERVERS allowed, vote tabulated by a Radical Left privately owned company, Dominion, with a bad reputation & bum equipment that couldn’t even qualify for Texas (which I won by a lot!), the Fake & Silent Media, & more!” As with his other accusations, Trump did not provide any evidence, and Twitter quickly flagged the tweet, noting that his “claim of election fraud is disputed.” 

In remarks in Wilmington, Del., last week, Biden weighed in on Trump’s refusal to concede the race, denouncing the president’s actions and suggesting that Americans are “ready to unite.”  “Well, I just think it’s an embarrassment, quite frankly,” Biden said of Trump’s insistence that he won the race. Biden added that Trump’s actions “will not help the president’s legacy.”  Trump and his allies filed lawsuits in five key states. But rather than revealing fraud, the effort by Trump’s legal team has so far done the opposite: It has affirmed the integrity of the election. Nearly every GOP challenge has been tossed out, and not a single vote has been overturned. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Trump's planned denials and the MAGA diehards congregating in the streets feed off each other. They boost each other. Our country continues to be in serious crisis. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

Good for him!  He needs to stand up for us to the point he’s re elected or absolutely zero chances to do so remain and only then should he concede and announce his candidacy for President in 2024!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1    4 years ago

Trump is delusional.   How can you not see this?

original

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.2  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1    4 years ago
He needs to stand up for us to the point he’s re elected or absolutely zero chances to do so remain

You do realize the election is officially over and Trump lost, right? So yeah, there's your ZERO chance!

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2  Hal A. Lujah    4 years ago

Trump will continue to bloviate lies as long as there are ignorant listeners.  I’ve been complaining about the dumbing down of America for decades now.  It’s only going to continue to get worse since Republicans have devoted themselves to using the ignorant as a tool towards their ends.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2    4 years ago
I’ve been complaining about the dumbing down of America for decades now.

It's a vicious cycle as the ones who refused to get educated and accept basic universal truths taught in school are ridiculing education and the educated as an 'evil' to be attacked and feared. These educationally deficient half wits then pass on their ignorance, often bundled in deep seated bigotry, to the next generation raising half wit bigoted kids who despise higher education and see professors, teachers and scientists as "the enemy" so it's no wonder some Americans are so easily manipulated by different forms of media. One has to have a solid foundation in truth and facts to be able to discern lies, but that solid foundation seems to have evaporated in many places leaving gullible hapless backwards morons who can't even be educated because their pappy and grandpappy made them fear education.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.2  Bob Nelson  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2    4 years ago
It’s only going to continue to get worse since Republicans have devoted themselves to using the ignorant as a tool towards their ends.

It's no coincidence that a billionaire Secretary of Education has spent four years years gutting public schools. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3  Greg Jones    4 years ago

The USA is getting the government it deserves, and it is going to get much, much worse.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.1  Gsquared  replied to  Greg Jones @3    4 years ago
it is going to get much, much worse

It certainly is if McConnell remains in power as the majority leader.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gsquared @3.1    4 years ago

McConnell remaining as majority leader is the only thing saving America from fascism if Trump can’t win the contesting of the election. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Gsquared  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.1    4 years ago

That comment is delusional.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Gsquared @3.1    4 years ago

We have Kentucky to thank for that bs.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.1.4  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.1.3    4 years ago

Let's not forget that pillar of BS in the other Kentucky Senator, Rand Paul.  The same idiot that says anyone that has had Covid should rejoice, throw their masks off and go party like it's 1999.....

What an irresponsible dumbass..!

JBB
Professor Principal
4  JBB    4 years ago

Kavika
Professor Principal
5  Kavika     4 years ago

Trump plays golf, waves at the MAGA crowd, tweets, lies and refuses to even allow the pandemic team to coordinate with the incoming team all files useless lawsuits.

Meanwhile, Americans are being infected at a record pace and dying by the thousands.

Trump fiddles while the US burns.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1  Ender  replied to  Kavika @5    4 years ago

It that doesn't show people that he is only in it for himself, I don't know what will.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Kavika @5    4 years ago

Trump's current pandemic team is a joke headed up by a fly landing bunch of incompetents.  Biden is best to start clean with a new team that actually has the intellectual expertise in their fields.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.2.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.2    4 years ago
Trump's current pandemic team is a joke headed up by a fly landing bunch of incompetents.

Anybody notice that the head of Trump's COVID team, Pence, has been MIA for a couple weeks now? 

Nowhere to be found during the last days of the election, made very brief, in and out, appearances directly after the election.

Then promptly went on vacation, where he is now?

This started after his chief of staff tested positive.

After all, just how embarrassing would it be if the head of the corona virus task force were to test positive? 

I figure, after another week, he will suddenly reappear and start spouting all election conspiracy theories that Trump is.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
5.2.2  Bob Nelson  replied to  Ozzwald @5.2.1    4 years ago

Maybe Pence sees no upside to being with Trump, at the moment...

I suspect that the TrumpTrueBelievers are on a knife's edge. If they should suddenly realize how badly they've been abused; it might not be a good idea to remind everyone who used to be his VP...

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.2.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Bob Nelson @5.2.2    4 years ago
Maybe Pence sees no upside to being with Trump, at the moment...

It's too late for Pence, he's made his bed, curled up next to Trump, and now has to sleep in it. 

Pence has had many opportunities to break from Trump rhetoric, and even to show competency in leadership.  He has failed to do so each and every time.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
5.2.4  Bob Nelson  replied to  Ozzwald @5.2.3    4 years ago

I'm sure you're right. 

But when has reality impinged on a Republican's intentions?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.2.5  Ozzwald  replied to  Bob Nelson @5.2.4    4 years ago

But when has reality impinged on a Republican's intentions?

giphy.gif

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.2.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Bob Nelson @5.2.2    4 years ago

His political future is over.  He knows this and is hiding like the milk toast little bitch he is.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
5.2.7  Bob Nelson  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.2.6    4 years ago

You're probably right. It's hard to see a path for him. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.2.8  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ozzwald @5.2.3    4 years ago

If he didn't vette Trump before signing on, the shit that runs downhill is all on him.  It is probably why the fly landed on him....a shit buffet.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.2.9  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ozzwald @5.2.1    4 years ago

He finally did have a press conference but refused to answer any questions and walked out.  He really is Trump's mini me.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.2.10  Ozzwald  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.2.9    4 years ago
He finally did have a press conference but refused to answer any questions and walked out.

Walked out and disappeared again.  I still think that the head of the COVID taskforce is hiding out because he tested positive.

Dig
Professor Participates
5.3  Dig  replied to  Kavika @5    4 years ago
Trump fiddles while the US burns.

Nero has definitely won most of the crazy emperor comparisons that I've read.

Trotsky's Spectre
Freshman Silent
6  Trotsky's Spectre    4 years ago

When Fort Sumter took fire, Lincoln's response was to recruit soldiers. That was his response.

The breakdown of democratic norms requires a new system. In this revolutionary situation, what is Biden's response to national crisis? What is the Democrat Party response?

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  Trotsky's Spectre @6    4 years ago

What is the Democrat Party? 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Trotsky's Spectre @6    4 years ago
In this revolutionary situation, what is Biden's response to national crisis?

He's recruiting virologists, immunologists and doctors who are the equivalent to military generals when fighting a pandemic.

Trump discarded the virologists, immunologists and hired a radiologist "yes man" who was telling him what he wanted to hear and parroting Trumps insane "everything's fine" "it will just go away, like a miracle" narrative.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
6.2.1  Gordy327  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.2    4 years ago
He's recruiting virologists, immunologists and doctors who are the equivalent to military generals when fighting a pandemic.

He's also putting together a task force and will hold daily briefings. Something Trump didn't bother with. He's also mandating masks, something which EVERYONE in this country should have adhered to by now. But the current leadership never bothered with that or promoted mask use to begin with. 

and hired a radiologist "yes man" who was telling him what he wanted to hear and parroting Trumps insane "everything's fine" "it will just go away, like a miracle" narrative.

This alone proves Trump was never interested in being President or didn't take the job seriously. He just wanted the attention and celebrity that came with the position. It seems Trump spent more time tweeting his complaints about the job than actually doing it. 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
6.2.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Gordy327 @6.2.1    4 years ago

I think it is going to be cheaper, and more beneficial to the US if Trump stays on the golf course between now and 20JAN21....

Gordy327
Professor Expert
6.2.3  Gordy327  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @6.2.2    4 years ago

Isn't that where he's been since 2016? jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
6.2.4  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Gordy327 @6.2.3    4 years ago

Let's not forget the superspreading rallies Gordy!  Those kept on going even when he was president elect.....

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.2.5  Bob Nelson  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @6.2.4    4 years ago

We have a hard time accepting... even imagining... but the reality continually returns:

Trump does not care if people die. 

Trotsky's Spectre
Freshman Silent
6.2.6  Trotsky's Spectre  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.2    4 years ago

Will President elect Biden heed the council of recognized medical authorities and scientists? Will he implement the school/factory shut down and institute emergency measures to sustain a population unable to work until this pandemic is finally finished? Or, will he furnish up piecemeal measures and shut down ONLY where workers are sufficiently rebellious successfully to close factories themselves by their refusal to cooperate with the bipartisan back-to-work drive? I'll eat serious crow if we get the first -- and I'll eat it gladly.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
6.2.7  Gordy327  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @6.2.4    4 years ago

That was just the height of irresponsible ego stroking.

Trotsky's Spectre
Freshman Silent
6.2.8  Trotsky's Spectre  replied to  Bob Nelson @6.2.5    4 years ago

I think it must be recognized that Trump INTENDS that people die. If the aged and weak are killed off, then moneys intended otherwise for their care can be diverted to the military and CEOs.

President Trump is guilty of social murder and stands to be prosecuted for his crimes against humanity. Confiscate Trump's assets and allocate them for more COVID units to care for the sick. As for the man himself, a cell awaits him. A government committed to law and justice would put him there and never let him see the light of another day.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
6.2.9  Gordy327  replied to  Trotsky's Spectre @6.2.6    4 years ago

I certainly hope Mr. Biden will take the Covid issue seriously and help implement any and all measures necessary to contain the spread and surge in cases.

Trotsky's Spectre
Freshman Silent
6.2.10  Trotsky's Spectre  replied to  Gordy327 @6.2.9    4 years ago

That makes two of us, Gordy 327. We have the means and resources to stop this thing cold. We knew this was coming. We've been warned for years. These warnings were ignored by the ruling class here and around the world. This matter must be taken from the hands of the ruling class and resolved by the working class -- the very people who are expected to bear the weight of this pandemic.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.2.11  Bob Nelson  replied to  Trotsky's Spectre @6.2.8    4 years ago
I think it must be recognized that Trump INTENDS that people die. 

I'm not sure where to find the frontier "intends that" and "doesn't care that". They kinda flow together. 

Neither Trump nor any other very important person is ever pursued for the crimes they induce. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.2.12  TᵢG  replied to  Bob Nelson @6.2.11    4 years ago
I'm not sure where to find the frontier "intends that" and "doesn't care that". They kinda flow together. 

That is the distinction I see too Bob.   Trump cares about himself.   He does not intentionally do harm to people;  rather he just does not give a shit if doing what is best for him personally brings harm to others.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.2.13  Kavika   replied to  TᵢG @6.2.12    4 years ago

Although the meaning of the terms is different the results of both are the same, diaster.

Trotsky's Spectre
Freshman Silent
6.2.14  Trotsky's Spectre  replied to  Bob Nelson @6.2.11    4 years ago

'Neither Trump nor any other very important person is ever pursued for the crimes they induce.'

Agreed! Only a government of, by and for the working class will prosecuted the guilty privileged of society.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
6.2.15  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Trotsky's Spectre @6.2.14    4 years ago

I'm waiting for someone in the elitist GOP to say something along the line of "Let them eat cake"......   

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.2.16  Bob Nelson  replied to  Trotsky's Spectre @6.2.14    4 years ago
 Only a government of, by and for the working class will prosecuted the guilty privileged of society.

In a society that chooses to have such a government, there probably wouldn't be any "privileged".

It's a chicken-or-egg thing.