╌>

The NY Post says: "STOP THE INSANITY. Give it up, Mr. President, for your sake and the nation’s"

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  4 years ago  •  70 comments

By:   By Post Editorial Board

The NY Post says: "STOP THE INSANITY. Give it up, Mr. President, for your sake and the nation’s"
Sidney Powell is a crazy person. Michael Flynn suggesting martial law is tantamount to treason.

When I first heard of the New York Post, I had assumed it was a leftist publication-- because obviously New York is a very liberal place. But in fact the opposite is true--- its very right wing, and supports the election of right-wing candidates...including Donald Trump.

Their confronting him like this is quite unusual. I wonder what he will do about it?

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The Post says: Give it up, Mr. President — for your sake and the nation’s

Mr. President, it’s time to end this dark charade.

We’re one week away from an enormously important moment for the next four years of our country. On Jan. 5, two runoff races in Georgia will determine which party will control the Senate — whether Joe Biden will have a rubber stamp or a much-needed check on his agenda.

Unfortunately, you’re obsessed with the next day, Jan. 6, when Congress will, in a pro forma action, certify the Electoral College vote. You have tweeted that, as long as Republicans have “courage,” they can overturn the results and give you four more years in office.

In other words, you’re cheering for an undemocratic coup.

You had every right to investigate the election. But let’s be clear: Those efforts have found nothing.

To take just two examples: Your campaign paid $3 million for a recount in two Wisconsin counties, and you lost by 87 more votes.

Georgia did two recounts of the state, each time affirming Biden’s win. These ballots were counted by hand, which alone debunks the claims of a Venezuelan vote-manipulating Kraken conspiracy.

Sidney Powell is a crazy person. Michael Flynn suggesting martial law is tantamount to treason. It is shameful.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

Mr. President: Stop The Insanity - You Lost The Election

Mr. President, it’s time to end this dark charade.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Krishna @1    4 years ago

Whiny bitch losers never accept that they're whiny bitch losers.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.1  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @1.1    4 years ago
Whiny bitch losers never accept that they're whiny bitch losers. 

Yup!!

201110-stacey-abrams-ew-1237p_dc02a6e4c7540c4202fd9c74c0172f7d.jpg

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  bugsy @1.1.1    4 years ago

Nice try at deflection especially since there are two BIG differences between the Georgia Governor race Abrams lost. One, she conceded November 16th, just days after the election. Two, it is a fact that Kemp as Secretary of State at the time dumped over 500,000 voters from the rolls, the largest single cancelation of voter registrations in US history, most of which were in heavily black counties that likely leaned toward Abrams. If a Democrat Secretary of State had dumped 500,000 votes in mostly white conservative districts before the 2020 election there is no doubt Republicans would have been screaming voter fraud. Hell, they're screaming voter fraud without half a million voters dumped from the rolls and exactly zero evidence of any widespread voter fraud.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Kavika   replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.2    4 years ago

Those damn facts. Stop it Dismayed it's not fair.jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.5  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.2    4 years ago
Nice try at deflection

They do that because that's the only thing they've got...

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.6  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.2    4 years ago
Nice try at deflection especially since there are two BIG differences between the Georgia Governor race Abrams lost. One, she conceded November 16th, just days after the election.

Good point.

And trump still hasn't conceded.

Even despite the fact that even more and more Republicans have asked him too,.

(Some out of common sense...but for many Republicans, its the dawning  realization that Trump's juvenile shenanigans are actually harming their political party!)

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.7  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.2    4 years ago
Two, it is a fact that Kemp as Secretary of State at the time dumped over 500,000 voters from the rolls, the largest single cancelation of voter registrations in US history, most of which were in heavily black counties that likely leaned toward Abrams.

And BTW there's more than a bit of irony here.  Kemp had been one of the most totally loyal Trump supporters. But apparently that's not enough for crazies like Trump and his nuttiest supporters:

Republican Georgia Gov. Kemp Says Pro-Trump Conspiracy Theorists Have Threatened His Family

He, his wife and three daughters have been targeted with conspiracy theory-fueled death threats and false claims after he refused President Trump's request to overturn President-elect Joe Biden’s victory in the state,

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
1.1.8  Bob Nelson  replied to  Krishna @1.1.6    4 years ago
actually harming their his political party!

Corrected

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.9  bugsy  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.2    4 years ago
Nice try at deflection

No deflection. I responded to a post that did not name any names, just made a ludicrous statement.

As far as Abrams conceding, two far left wing news "sources ", NPR and Yahoo,  have stories up right now stating Abrams has not conceded, at least not up to November THIS YEAR.

The rest is just your speculation and spin because you don't like the Georgia Secretary of State because he has an R next to his name. If a D SOS had done the same to predominate white neighborhoods, you would not have heard a peep from any democrat, including you, because you would have agreed to it.

Now, show some proof Abrams conceded.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.10  bugsy  replied to  Krishna @1.1.5    4 years ago
They do that because that's the only thing they've got...

My respond to dismayed applies to you too.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.11  bugsy  replied to  Kavika @1.1.4    4 years ago
Those damn facts.

What facts? Maybe YOU can point out where Abrams conceded.,..but I doubt it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.2    4 years ago
One, she conceded November 16th, just days after the election.

Completely FALSE.

https://news.yahoo.com/stacey-abrams-defends...

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/18/935734198

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @1.1.6    4 years ago
Good point.

Why do you consider something proven to be false as a "good point"? Good point of WHAT????????????

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.14  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.13    4 years ago

Most of them don't even read their "friend's" posts. They just see that one of them posted, up voted it and post things like "good point", no matter what it is.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @1.1.14    4 years ago

Lemmings love each other.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.16  Tessylo  replied to  Krishna @1.1.5    4 years ago

Yup, deflection, denial, and projection . . . all they got

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.17  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @1.1.9    4 years ago

Of course it's deflection . . . that's all you have . . . plus denial and projection

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.18  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.17    4 years ago

Waaaaaaiiiiittttt a minute...how many times have you told me I'm on ignore?

Crush, anyone?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.19  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @1.1.18    4 years ago

You flatter yourself.  I guess someone has to.  

I'm not attracted to scum.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.20  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @1.1.11    4 years ago

When have you ever provided a fact?

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.21  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.20    4 years ago
When have you ever provided a fact?

Well, the latest is my second sentence on 1.1.18.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.22  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.19    4 years ago

Nice attack, but coming from someone who thinks using emojis as "quality" discussion, I'm not surprised.

BTW, I don't flag stupidity. That;s why most of your comments to me stay up.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.23  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @1.1.21    4 years ago

Like I said, when have you ever provided a fact?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.24  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @1.1.22    4 years ago

Time to take out the trash.

You ready bugs?

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.25  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.24    4 years ago

Then maybe you need to steer clear of some of those you hang with.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1.26  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.15    4 years ago
Lemmings love each other.

as you and Bugsy continue patting each other on the buttocks, asz toxic are your comments in regards to the truth, asz they are like a swimming pool with a Baby Ruth, emptying minds of truthful honest discussion, without merely a repercussion, so as to INFORM people, the basis of your claim is to defame Dismayed Patriot by parsing his word 'Concede', as to what candidate Abrams did in regards to the election results.

First, the meaning of concede, and context as to HOW her opposition candidate, who was also in Charge of the election results...NO ONE sees a conflict of interest here ??? WTF, it's rather obvious, and though she did not use the precise word CONCEDE, for reasons of her opponents capacity as election over seer, and the fact he had rolled approximately 500,000 voters ineligible.  She DID accept the results of the election, and RECOGNIZED HER OPPONENT DID WIN, all while Trumpp has not, almost TWO MONTHS after the election. Where as ALMOST EVERYONE ELSE, including the GOP LEADERSHIP, have recognized BIDEN as our New POTUS!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.27  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @1.1.25    4 years ago

(deleted)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.28  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @1.1.25    4 years ago

I used to call going to the bathroom - taking a tRump - I just changed it to - time to take a bugsy

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.29  bugsy  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.1.26    4 years ago
she did not use the precise word CONCEDE,

Then she didn't concede, and she never accepted the results.

The only way she recognized she did not win is that she is not sitting on the governor's mansion.

Maybe you need to bring your blabber to NPR and Yahoo news. Both, LAST MONTH, said she has not conceded.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.30  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.12    4 years ago
Completely FALSE.

Your own link proves exactly what I said.

"Abrams had stayed quiet for 10 days after the election while her campaign focused on getting more absentee and provisional ballots counted. Then she called a press conference at which she made a careful statement: "I acknowledge that former Secretary of State Brian Kemp will be certified as the victor in the 2018 gubernatorial election."

So yes, she waited 10 days, as I said "November 16th, just days after the election". It doesn't really matter that she didn't use the words "I concede", she acknowledgement that Kemp won was in fact a concession.

Concede: verb - admit that something is true or valid after first denying or resisting it.

"I acknowledge that former Secretary of State Brian Kemp will be certified as the victor in the 2018 gubernatorial election."

How is that not a concession? I would be happy to hear just those words from dumb fuck Donald but he refuses to do even that much.

"I acknowledge that former Vice President Joe Biden will be certified as the victor in the 2020 Presidential election."

It's that easy, but he continues to refuse to even acknowledge that he lost.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.31  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.27    4 years ago
Like I said, I don't associate with trash/scum such as yourself.  

You know you do, otherwise you would not be replying to me.

Whitey got it going on.....

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.32  bugsy  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.30    4 years ago
I acknowledge that former Secretary of State Brian Kemp will be certified as the victor in the 2018 gubernatorial election."

Then by your logic, trump has conceded because he is allowing the transition to proceed as normal, and never has to say the word "concede". 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.34  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @1.1.31    4 years ago

In your wet dreams.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.35  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.34    4 years ago

come on, girl...you know it..

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.37  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.34    4 years ago

Well, unfortunately for you, I have to go and pick up the wife, but you know where you can find me (wink wink)

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.38  Kavika   replied to  bugsy @1.1.32    4 years ago

Hi bugsy, I don't believe that Trump has in any way shape or form conceded the election. 

Then by your logic, trump has conceded because he is allowing the transition to proceed as normal, and never has to say the word "concede". 

Nope, not even close bugsy. Have you forgotten the lawsuits, recounts, and the latest review of Georiga voter signature review finds no problems, so he has done everything in his power to stop the process in GA. 

This is the latest BS from Trump, 12/30/20.

Trump Demands Brian Kemp Resign as Governor Of Georgia: ‘An Obstructionist Who Refuses to Admit That We Won’

By   Ken Meyer Dec 30th, 2020, 10:45 am

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.39  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @1.1.38    4 years ago

Whiny bitch losers never admit when they lose.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.40  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @1.1.37    4 years ago

From the dog pound?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.41  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  bugsy @1.1.32    4 years ago
Then by your logic, trump has conceded

Has he come out and acknowledged Biden won as Abrams did? No. So Trump is conceited but he has not conceded.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1.42  igknorantzrulz  replied to  bugsy @1.1.29    4 years ago

Let’s be clear: This is not a speech of concession because concession means to acknowledge an action is right, true or proper,” Ms. Abrams said amid a blistering attack on Mr. Kemp’s record as the state’s chief elections regulator and on the balloting process in Georgia. “As a woman of conscience and faith, I cannot concede that.”

As Ms. Abrams ended her campaign, she returned to a theme that had surfaced throughout: that Mr. Kemp, who was the Georgia secretary of state until the Thursday after the election, had   used his position to suppress voting   and ease his path into the governor’s mansion."

Obviously, Abrams thought Kemp used nefarious means to win election, and after further reading, i'd have to agree. She refused to use the "word" concede, but synonymous with concede

admit
acknowledge
accept
allow
grant
recognize
own
confess
agree
take on board
2 .
surrender
yield
give up
relinquish
cede
hand over
turn over
part with
deliver up
forfeit
sacrifice

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.43  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.1.26    4 years ago

Oh, crap.

Trump can do whatever the law allows him to do, nothing more.

And you can twist Abrams failure to concede by whatever means you wish. I just chose to reject it.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.44  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.40    4 years ago
From the dog pound?

Naw, that's where I went to meet you

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.45  bugsy  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.41    4 years ago
Has he come out and acknowledged Biden won as Abrams did?

When did this happen?

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.46  bugsy  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.1.42    4 years ago
Let’s be clear: This is not a speech of concession

Let's be clear...

She never conceded.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.47  bugsy  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.1.42    4 years ago
that Mr. Kemp, who was the Georgia secretary of state until the Thursday after the election, had   used his position to suppress voting   and ease his path into the governor’s mansion."

So she took a cue from Hillary and blamed everybody but herself for her big defeat.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

Unfortunately, you’re obsessed with the next day, Jan. 6, when Congress will, in a pro forma action, certify the Electoral College vote.

You have tweeted that, as long as Republicans have “courage,” they can overturn the results and give you four more years in office.

In other words, you’re cheering for an undemocratic coup.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

Your campaign paid $3 million for a recount in two Wisconsin counties, and you lost by 87 more votes.

Georgia did two recounts of the state, each time affirming Biden’s win. These ballots were counted by hand, which alone debunks the claims of a Venezuelan vote-manipulating Kraken conspiracy.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

Sidney Powell is a crazy person. Michael Flynn suggesting martial law is tantamount to treason.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6  igknorantzrulz    4 years ago

What a FRCKN LOSER

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6    4 years ago
What a FRCKN LOSER

Please do not insult FRCKN LOSERS by comparing them to Trump!

Kavika
Professor Principal
7  Kavika     4 years ago

And the NY Post is owned by Rupert Murdoch, the same Rupert Murdoch that ownes Fox News the outlet that Trump has been attacking.

Is the honeymoon over?

BTW, the Post hit it on the head.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
7.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Kavika @7    4 years ago

Even if they hit it squarely on the head with a pile-driver, I don't think it will get through to Trumpists....

Ender
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Ender  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @7.1    4 years ago

No it won't. Our reps (all republican) put out several tweets about the bills just passed and they got comment after comment of idiots saying that they need to stand by donald and how dare they go against him.

Unfricking believable how these morons actually worship the piece of shit.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Ender @7.1.1    4 years ago

I never thought I would see educated Americans whose brains were locked in concrete, but my God, they are here. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @7    4 years ago
BTW, the Post hit it on the head.

Stopped.

Clock. 

Right twice a day!

evilone
Professor Guide
8  evilone    4 years ago

Now we have Rep Gomert and a few others suing the VP to try to over turn the election.

The lawsuit focuses on Pence’s role in an upcoming Jan. 6 meeting of Congress to count states’ electoral votes and finalize Biden’s victory over  President Trump . Typically, the vice president’s role in presiding over the meeting is a largely ceremonial one governed by an 1887 federal law known as the Electoral Count Act. 

pat wilson
Professor Participates
8.1  pat wilson  replied to  evilone @8    4 years ago
Gomert should STFU before more of his teeth fall out.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
8.1.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  pat wilson @8.1    4 years ago

This is a convoluted gambit to put Mike Pence in a teeny-tiny corner, obliged to support Trump's nonsense. 

Gomert is not smart enough to set this up. So... who is Gomert working for?

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  evilone @8    4 years ago
Now we have Rep Gomert and a few others suing the VP to try to over turn the election.

I hereby nominate the esteemed Representative Louie Gomert for the title of dumbist member of Congress!

(Well, OK-- I admit he does a have a lot of competition for that title!)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @8.2    4 years ago

I am not a spelling Nazi, but in a post talking about the intelligence of another, it might be wise to spell dumbest correctly.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.2.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @8.2    4 years ago
I hereby nominate the esteemed Representative Louie Gomert for the title of dumbist member of Congress! (Well, OK-- I admit he does a have a lot of competition for that title!)

Which brings to mind a famous quote from Samuel Langhorne Clemens:

Suppose I was a member of Congress. And suppose I was an idiot. But I repeat myself.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @8.2.2    4 years ago

or not.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
9  Bob Nelson    4 years ago

The Post is Rupert Murdoch's private toy. Everyone knows this.

So this editorial is like Rupert using a bull-horn in front of the White House.

Does anyone suppose that even Rupert Murdoch can calm Donald's rage?

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Bob Nelson @9    4 years ago

Does anyone suppose that even Rupert Murdoch can calm Donald's rage?

No one can.

And even beyond that sort of insanity-- if someone tries-- even his most loyal supporters-- he turns on them! (See comment # 1. 1. 7 )

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

Sorry NYP, his legacy is pure shit and not worth saving.

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @10    4 years ago
Sorry NYP, his legacy is pure shit and not worth saving.

I totally agree. But remember-- the NYP is very Republican and very Right-wing-- so they do have to be a bit careful not to alienate all their readers, LOL! 

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @10.1    4 years ago

But the good news is-- there's a definite trend. While some of his cult members will still worship him as a diety-- regardless of what actual facts emerge-- more and more of his supporters are starting to wake up. And are realizing how he's harming the Republican Party!

(The editors of the NYPost being but one example)

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
10.1.2  Bob Nelson  replied to  Krishna @10.1    4 years ago

Murdoch is less interested in readers than in investors.

bugsy
Professor Participates
11  bugsy    4 years ago