Do You Love Me?

A little good cheer for the new year...

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1  Perrie Halpern R.A.    3 years ago

That is so cool! I wonder if they can hear the music and respond to it?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1    3 years ago

it is cool and they probably can be programmed either way ...

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.1.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  devangelical @1.1    3 years ago

It seems like there must be some programming involved, for them to be able to do the Mashed Potato and the Twist when the song indicates them.  It's not like the music itself would show them how.

If I did that spin with my legs crossed, like the yellow dog? Goose? thing did at about the 1:38 mark, I'd get all tripped up and fall over.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.2  devangelical  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.1    3 years ago

they'd have to be programmed just to keep from running into each other.

MalamuteMan
Professor Quiet
1.2  author  MalamuteMan  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1    3 years ago

That is so cool! I wonder if they can hear the music and respond to it?

This is strictly conjecture, Perrie, but I am guessing there is some sort of suit with sensors all over it that a human can wear which will sense and record the motions of its wearer. Then those recorded motions are turned into instructions for the actuators in those robots. That is probably not the case for the robot on wheels, but that is my guess for the humanoid robots and even the four-legged canine robot (the four-legged may be the result of two human dancers).

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2  Jasper2529    3 years ago

Very cool! Happy New Year, everyone!

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     3 years ago

That was so frickin' cool. 

Happy New Year!

Ender
Professor Principal
4  Ender    3 years ago

The yellow one is freaky looking.

When one of them starts to say, I want to be a real boy, time to pull the plug.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
4.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Ender @4    3 years ago

I think we're getting closer to the day when Skynet becomes self-aware.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2  Krishna  replied to  Ender @4    3 years ago

When one of them starts to say, I want to be a real boy, time to pull the plug.

Yes-- it is getting scary. In addition to be able to dance, these robots can speak.

This video is censored-- they only show part of what actually happened. .

That's the dialogue between "Dave", (one of the "Man Robots") and "Hal" (the Yellow Robot). Here's part of that conversation:

-Dave: "Open the Pod Bay Doors, Hal!"

-Hal: "I'm afraid I can't do that Dave..."

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2.1  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @4.2    3 years ago

That's the dialogue between "Dave", (one of the "Man Robots") and "Hal" (the Yellow Robot). Here's part of that conversation:

Where is Buzz when you need him? jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.2.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @4.2.1    3 years ago

Buzz doesn't bother spending any time reading comments on articles/seeds that contain nothing but something that he cannot open to see or hear.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2.3  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.2.2    3 years ago
Buzz doesn't bother spending any time reading comments on articles/seeds that contain nothing but something that he cannot open to see or hear.

Apparently no one realizes what this refers to:

(Heck, I myself have no idea-- and I actually posted it!)

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2.4  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @4.2.3    3 years ago
-Dave: "Open the Pod Bay Doors, Hal!" -Hal: "I'm afraid I can't do that Dave..."

Buzz-- the video is titled "Do You Love Me"-- its a video about robots that can dance to music. Its in the YouTube column of "Boston Dynamics" (You may or may not be able to find it on one of the video sites you use)

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
4.2.5  sandy-2021492  replied to  Krishna @4.2.3    3 years ago

It's 2001: A Space Odyssey.  But Buzz wouldn't be able to tell why it's relevant here, because he can't watch Youtube videos.  Buzz, the video is of robots dancing to "Do You Love Me?"

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.2.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  sandy-2021492 @4.2.5    3 years ago

@ Sandy and Krishna

I once saw a video of robots dancing in China that was an mp4 sent to me in an email by my brother, but they weren't robots, they were humans impersonating robots, and they were pretty good at it. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
4.2.7  sandy-2021492  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.2.6    3 years ago

If you do a search of Boston Dynamics robots dancing, you might be able to find this one.  It seems to be carried on several platforms, but I'm not sure what you can access.  These robots are surprisingly light on their feet.  Somebody really had fun with this project.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.2.8  Raven Wing  replied to  sandy-2021492 @4.2.5    3 years ago
But Buzz wouldn't be able to tell why it's relevant here, because he can't watch Youtube videos. 

True that Buzz can't open or see the YouTubes, but, we have just found that he can open and see them once they are converted to a wmv, and possibly a mp4. So if the MP4 works as well as the wmv it will give us two ways to make the YouTubes available for him to see once they are converted. Then he can be up to date for the ones he wants to see.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.2.9  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  sandy-2021492 @4.2.7    3 years ago

Okay, I made the search and could watch them dance on an MSN video - those really WERE robots, not like the ones in the mp4 my brother sent me. Thanks for the Boston Dynamics info.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2.10  Krishna  replied to  sandy-2021492 @4.2.5    3 years ago

4.2.5     sandy-2021492     replied to    Krishna   @ 4.2.3

But Buzz wouldn't be able to tell why it's relevant here, because he can't watch Youtube videos.

True-- but once someone posts the title,( see comment 4. 2. 3, proceeding your comment 4. 2. 5 .) often Buzz can do a search for that title (as well as the clue that its about robots dancing ) and find it on a site he can see.

See my comment 4. 2. 3, which says:

Buzz-- the video is titled "Do You Love Me" -- its a video about robots that can dance to music. Its in the YouTube column of "Boston Dynamics"

CB
Professor Principal
4.2.11  CB  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.2.9    3 years ago

Do you love me?

I see you now, friend Krishna! We're on the same page.

Hey, this is beyond imagining and yet it is 'everything' and I do mean everything. People getting rescued from dangerous places and events, testing products, and even covering battlefields. And before anybody complains: other nations will be advancing this tech - we have no choice but to engage this new 'form' of reality (not life). It is upon us now.

Balancing its. Damn stabilizers! How about that?!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.2.12  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @4.2.10    3 years ago

Using your info I tried searching the song on the music sites here, and then I searched Boston Dynamics on Bing and went to their section on Robots but it only referred to the robot dog that was on the video. I also came up with a CNN site for Boston Dynamics that was for the dancing robots but I couldn't open it.  When I made a search of "Boston Dynamics dancing robots" as Sandy suggested I got the MSN version of it which I COULD open.  Until then I guess I just wasn't using the correct set of words in my search.  But thank you, you know that I can find things a lot of the time as long as I have the correct words to use in a search.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.2.13  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  CB @4.2.11    3 years ago

I think you meant to reply to Krishna, not me.  

CB
Professor Principal
4.2.14  CB  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.2.13    3 years ago

I wanted you to see the name of the link, before I saw that Krishna had done a similar thing. (Smile.)

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
4.3  sandy-2021492  replied to  Ender @4    3 years ago

I actually kinda like it.  It's cute.

I wonder how much they weigh?  It would probably suck to have them as dance partners, if they stepped on your foot.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.3.1  Krishna  replied to  sandy-2021492 @4.3    3 years ago
actually kinda like it.  It's cute.

But you really can't cuddle with them like you could with other pets-- for example, cats and dogs.

(OTOH some people like those sorts of pets...)

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.3.2  Krishna  replied to  sandy-2021492 @4.3    3 years ago

duplicate comment

Ender
Professor Principal
5  Ender    3 years ago

Battle Bots...the new era.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1  Krishna  replied to  Ender @5    3 years ago

Battle Bots...the new era.

Some people are predicting major changes in future warfare. A lot of it will probably be conducted by military personal sitting at computer screens in heavily fortified bunkers, far from the areas of conflict.

Instead of pilots engaging in the risky task of flying over dangerous battlegrounds in manned aircraft...the future aerial battles will be conducted by unmanned war planes-- remotely controlled by military personnel using computers.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.1  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @5.1    3 years ago
Instead of pilots engaging in the risky task of flying over dangerous battlegrounds in manned aircraft...the future aerial battles will be conducted by unmanned war planes-- remotely controlled by military personnel using computers.

And beyond that..its even possible that sometime in the future, warfare may not even be conducted by unmanned aircraft, (or remotely controlled heavy guns, tanks , etc). 

Because a much easier (and cheaper!) way to disable your enemy's ability to wage war: simple introduce a computer virus into their weapons systems. (and if that's not enough, just introduce a computer virus into the enemy's vital infrastructure. 

IMO many people underestimate the potential of Computer Viruses as a weapon:

Global cyber attack campaign, it’s worse than we thought

December 18, 2020