By:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  124 comments

Trump's Message To The Nation About The Capitol Building Riot

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Lies and more lies, insincerity, playing you for a fool, self-serving bs.   All read off a teleprompter. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

Although I'm unable to open that, I think I have seen the text version on a news source. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1    3 years ago

ok

if you can access trump's twitter feed you can see it there

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1    3 years ago
Although I'm unable to open that,

See if this will work for you Buzz;

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Raven Wing @1.1.2    3 years ago

Thank you - it worked perfectly.  He can't possibly have meant what he said, except the most ominous sentence at the end addressed to his sheep - "Our journey is just beginning". 

I just saw a report, and hope it isn't correct, that a poll has indicated that 45% of Republicans  and 20% of Americans AGREE with the storming of the capital.  My son and his family (his wife and kids are American) live in Wisconsin, and I WISH they would move to his homeland - Canada, but he has a highly successful career in Milwuakee and most likely will stay there.  That is one of the main reasons why I am so concerned about what is happening in the USA. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.4  Raven Wing  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.3    3 years ago

I'm glad it worked for you Buzz. Sometimes hearing and/or seeing something makes more sense and is more enlightening than reading simple words. That is why I really wanted you to hear his speech as well. 

"Our journey is just beginning".  

Indeed that part of his speech that tells me that he is not done yet. Not by a long shot. And as he is a very vindictive person, just like a Mafia Boss that thinks he has been betrayed, he will do whatever it takes to plot their punishment, and it will be even worse than what happened on Jan 6, 2021. You can bet on that.

What other reason would he have for trying to make everyone be willing to forgive him and play into his game? It's like saying that the bite of the Black Mamba won't hurt you. 

Trotsky's Spectre
Freshman Silent
1.1.5  Trotsky's Spectre  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.3    3 years ago

Trump did not prepare that statement.

Trump possesses neither the dignity nor the intellectual capacity to prepare that statement.

If Trump prepared that statement, I will eat my copy of Trotsky's 'The Revolution Betrayed.'

PS: Did I mention that Trump did not prepare that statement?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.6  TᵢG  replied to  Trotsky's Spectre @1.1.5    3 years ago

Of course he did not prepare it.   That is entirely different tone and language than what Trump has emitted for the past four years.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Trotsky's Spectre @1.1.5    3 years ago

"Trump did not prepare that statement."

Why don't you tell us something we didn't already know?

Thomas
Senior Guide
1.1.8  Thomas  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.6    3 years ago

Well, if he did, you have to add a whole other branch to his nefariousness

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  Raven Wing @1.1.4    3 years ago
And as he is a very vindictive person, just like a Mafia Boss that thinks he has been betrayed

Michael Coreleone just came to mind....

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.10  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.3    3 years ago

The only journey that Trump should take would be in handcuffs.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.11  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trotsky's Spectre @1.1.5    3 years ago

"Those who broke the law will pay."  DJT

From your lips to God's ears asswipe.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.12  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.9    3 years ago
"Michael Coreleone just came to mind...."

Someone should make Trump a deal for him to resign that he can't refuse. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

A counterpoint

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.1  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2    3 years ago

I have never understood why so many elected officials in the R party succumbed to propping up Trump.   After all, he clearly was persona non grata during the primaries and they started off holding him at bay (not cooperating) for the first two years of his presidency.   (He could have had his wall if his own party had cooperated; his first two years had an R majority in both the House and the Senate.)  While I understand that they appreciate his nominations, etc. they could have simply interacted as needed (minimally).  There was no reason for them to carry his water much less engage in support of these ridiculous allegations by Trump ... the key of which is the 'election steal'.

Seems to me the only justification they had were poll numbers.    Trump was popular enough with their base to force them to politically align.   While he had a chance at a second term (even post COVID-19 ... although seriously weakened), that too would naturally contribute to their support of him.   It could be that simple (and pathetic).

But then we have elected officials who formally and publicly objected to certified results from select states after all the scrutiny that has taken place.   Do they believe that if they did not take these actions their constituents would vote them out?

How is it that an individual like Cruz cannot recognize that he has seriously marred his political career?

What a gaggle of fools.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1.2.2  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.1    3 years ago

I have never understood why so many elected officials in the R party succumbed to propping up Trump.   After all, he clearly was persona non grata during the primaries and they started off holding him at bay

Zero sense of honor to the Constitution, to this country, and even to the honor of their own families.  Ted Cruz went from chastising Trump as a sniveling coward for mocking his wife, to cowardly sniveling at his feet for eternity.  Sorry Heidi, but you put a ring on that pos.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     3 years ago

One of the Capitol police died from his wounds defending the Capital building. His blood is on Trump hands.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Kavika @2    3 years ago

Let's be honest Kavika, a lot of people are going to fall for this shit. They always have. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Kavika   replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    3 years ago

Sadly, that is true JR.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
2.2  Sunshine  replied to  Kavika @2    3 years ago

Wrong.  More lies and disinformation spewed by CNN.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Kavika   replied to  Sunshine @2.2    3 years ago

It wasn't CNN it was Reuters. 

Here is their latest statement.

(Reuters) — U.S. Capitol Police said in a statement on Thursday that media reports that an officer had died after the storming of the Capitol by supporters of President Donald Trump were inaccurate.

The agency said that several officers were injured and some hospitalized after the unrest Wednesday, but that no officers had died as a result.

Outlets are reporting the officer is on life support and they are waiting for their family before removing them.

NewsNation reported earlier the officer had died after multiple sources confirmed their death; we apologize for that inaccurate report.

Hawley's political career is over.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
2.2.2  Sunshine  replied to  Kavika @2.2.1    3 years ago

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.3  Split Personality  replied to  Sunshine @2.2    3 years ago
Wrong.

Maybe, it really just depends on when they pull the plug...tonight or tomorrow.

by: Reuters

Posted: Jan 7, 2021 / 07:32 PM EST / Updated: Jan 7, 2021 / 08:48 PM EST
AddThis Sharing Buttons

(Reuters) — U.S. Capitol Police said in a statement on Thursday that media reports that an officer had died after the storming of the Capitol by supporters of President Donald Trump were inaccurate.

The agency said that several officers were injured and some hospitalized after the unrest Wednesday, but that no officers had died as a result.

Outlets are reporting the officer is on life support and they are waiting for their family before removing them.

More lies and disinformation spewed by CNN.

Let's just agree to disagree with CNN, NY Post, WGNTV.com, WXAN, WKOW.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
2.2.4  Sunshine  replied to  Split Personality @2.2.3    3 years ago

I see you have a lot of compassion for the officer and his family and friends. 🙄

[deleted]

CNN reported disinformation. 

I see you don’t think this is an awful error.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.5  Split Personality  replied to  Sunshine @2.2.2    3 years ago

Maybe there should be a new word for the condition between life and death

when they are keeping you alive artificially so your immediate family can mourn you

and get the organ donation paperwork notarized before they pull the plug.

Dick Teresi wanted to write about how science determines the point between life and death. After a decade of research, Teresi says he still doesn't know what death is, but that the breadth of his ignorance has been widely expanded. Teresi's findings have been published in his new book, The Undead: Organ Harvesting, the Ice-Water Test, Beating Heart Cadavers — How Medicine Is Blurring the Line Between Life and Death .

Just saying...

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.6  Split Personality  replied to  Sunshine @2.2.4    3 years ago

How ironic, you seem more upset that CNN jumped the gun by several hours

rather than show any compassion for the officer or his family.

The officer is brain dead.

Split hair all you like, he's gone.

When the doctor signs the Death Cert is immaterial.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2.2.7  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Split Personality @2.2.6    3 years ago

Is it the officer that was tasered and beaten?  Please tell me it wasn't the officer on the staircase.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
2.2.8  Sunshine  replied to  Split Personality @2.2.6    3 years ago

You don’t know really know anything about his condition.  So let’s just give the family their privacy.  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.9  Split Personality  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.2.7    3 years ago

Unsure SMAAB, there were 60 injured DC and Capital Police, 15 are hospitalized in addition to the officer on life support.  Many of the protesters were armed with lead pipes and many of the officer's injuries are head wounds.

Specifics are hard to come by.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2.2.10  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Split Personality @2.2.9    3 years ago

If he's the officer that was beaten with the fire extinguisher, he isn't expected to live.  I don't think he is the same officer that was tasered and beaten on the staircase.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.11  Split Personality  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.2.10    3 years ago

Brian Williams reported at 10:53PM CST that he has indeed passed after his family arrived from New Jersey.

The officer is a former Air National Guardsman who served in Operation Desert Shield and Operation Enduring Freedom before joining the police force, a relative said. The family was driving from New Jersey to the hospital.

The Daily Beast is not releasing the officer’s name, and the Capitol Police did not identify him.

Capitol Police Officer on Life Support After Pro-Trump Riot (thedailybeast.com)

I can only hope that he gets a full honors funeral with a "missing man" flyover.

So much for the BS that it was just a few bad people and the damage was minimal...

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.2.12  Kavika   replied to  Split Personality @2.2.11    3 years ago

But of course, we have members who are more interested in blaming CNN for reporting and playing whataboutism or squirrel and totally ignoring the thousands of traitors that attacked our institution. 

But BLM, Antifa...

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
2.2.13  Sunshine  replied to  Kavika @2.2.12    3 years ago

But of course we have members who are more concerned about politicalizing his death that wasn’t.  No concern for his family. 

Let’s hope that his killer or killers have been caught.  

And let the family grieve in peace.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.14  Split Personality  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.2.10    3 years ago

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.2.15  Kavika   replied to  Sunshine @2.2.13    3 years ago
But of course we have members who are more concerned about politicalizing his death that wasn’t.  No concern for his family. 

Your clairvoyant skills aren't working very well.

Let’s hope that his killer or killers have been caught.  

They'll be caught and what Trump considers good guys will be facing the death penalty. You know what ironic it's been this administration that has been using the death penalty and now he will be facing the death penalty while answering his hero's call. 

Cheers.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
2.2.16  Sunshine  replied to  Kavika @2.2.15    3 years ago

Well you don’t know who attacked the officer so we shouldn’t get all giddy about blaming Trump and for the second time using his death for politicalizing quite yet. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.17  Tessylo  replied to  Sunshine @2.2    3 years ago

Wrong.  More lies and disinformation spewed by tRump supporters.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.18  Tessylo  replied to  Sunshine @2.2.16    3 years ago

This is all tRumps fault - again, he has a lot of blood/deaths on this hands.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.19  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sunshine @2.2.16    3 years ago

Jesus Fucking Christ! Grow the fuck up, will ya?

I will take my ticket with joy

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2.20  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.19    3 years ago

The comment you are referring to is bizarre. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.2.21  Kavika   replied to  Sunshine @2.2.16    3 years ago

Anyone that believes that Trump had no part in this is delusional. 

Carry on Sunshine.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.2.22  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Kavika @2.2.1    3 years ago

His book deal is over also.  Thank you Simon And Shuster.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3  TᵢG    3 years ago

Of course it is insincere and self-serving (now he is trying to hold off calls for his removal).    I was waiting for him to insert something about the election being stolen.   The omission of that was unexpected.   He must really be worried.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1  devangelical  replied to  TᵢG @3    3 years ago

"daddy, you have to read this exactly the way it's written, and say nothing more, or else you're going to get impeached and then we all end up going to jail"

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  lady in black  replied to  devangelical @3.1    3 years ago

I do wonder if Ivanka talked to him, she seems like the only one he might actually listen to.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.2  devangelical  replied to  lady in black @3.1.1    3 years ago

only because she still looks pretty good to him when she's naked. ...like a blonde melania... only younger...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @3.1    3 years ago
"daddy, you have to read this exactly the way it's written, and say nothing more, or else you're going to get impeached and then we all end up going to jail"

@Meatloaf, you have to read this exactly the way it's written, and say nothing more, or else you're going to get impeached and then we all end up going to jail"

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.2  Raven Wing  replied to  TᵢG @3    3 years ago
(now he is trying to hold off calls for his removal).  

Very true. And he is trying to make nice now like nothing really he did caused the attack on the Capitol Bldg, as if the majority of the American people are as stupid as he is. And I for one would never in a million years trust anything that comes out of his mouth, especially, at this time, as there is something else he is hiding for Jan 20, 2021. Perhaps something even more devastating than what happened yesterday. 

So that is why he is hoping that everyone will think he is truly going to be nice now, even saying how terrible the attack on the Capitol was, as if he had nothing to do with it at all, it was the mob leaders who were at fault, and tried to blame it on him. And promising to be very helpful now to Biden in the transition.

I call it BS! Just more lies to try to make him look like a nice guy now so he can stay in office until his next plan for his coup, as every good Mafia Boss always has a plan B and C, can be put into play. He will not quietly walk away. That is not his MO. He will never allow himself to be a 'loser'. 

And his Niece is right, what he is doing now is nothing but a ploy to buy time. Nothing more. There is not a nice bone in his body, or a true word that comes out of his mouth. Why should he change his MO now? NOT!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

The smartest thing he could possibly do is to resign immediately (but he won't).  It would save him the humiliation of 25th Amendment or impeachment proceedings being started, and he would most likely be pardoned by Pence.  He could take the (almost) high road by saying that he is making that "sacrifice" for the good ot the nation (when of course it's to get the hell out before he's run out on a rail). It WOULD save the nation the harm he is BOUND to do up until January 20th.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4    3 years ago
It WOULD save the nation the harm he is BOUND to do up until January 20th.

Do you really think that just getting Trump out of the WH and out of the Oval office would stop him? Trump is very vindictive, and he will not go quietly into that good night as he is trying to convince people he will do. Not by a long shot.

Even once he is no longer President by whatever means, he will still try to bring America to its knees, and all those who he feels betrayed him will pay a price as well, a price that will be very costly. Anyone who does not think that is not reading his syrupy words between the lines.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Raven Wing @4.1    3 years ago

I do agree with you - what I said was it would save the harm he is bound to do (as POTUS) UP UNTIL JANUARY 20th, but who knows what can follow that?

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4.1.2  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Raven Wing @4.1    3 years ago
Even once he is no longer President by whatever means, he will still try to bring America to its knees, and all those who he feels betrayed him will pay a price as well, a price that will be very costly.

As one that never voted for him all i can say is listen to the last 20 secs or so of his speech, that raised the hair on the back of my neck , and that doesnt happen often.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @4.1.2    3 years ago

Mine too.  That man is not only a danger to the USA, he is a danger to the rest of the world.  

I just heard a statement made on a news broadcast and don't know if it is correct.  Someone said that if he is impeached for what he has just done, inciting insurrection, even it it is necessary to carry the process beyond Biden's inauguration, IT WOULD PREVENT TRUMP FROM EVER SEEKING OFFICE AS POTUS AGAIN.  Keep in mind that in 2024 Biden will be 82.  In a few weeks I will be 84 and I already detect examples of both physical and mental deterioration.  My vision is waning, I'm developing some short term memory loss, my typing is becoming dyslexic, The reason I increase the font on what I type is so I can more easily read it, I get chest pains while exerting even little physical effort, I cannot walk distances any more without frequent rests.  Biden would START a second term at age 82.  Although I'm of the opinion that Trump has been becoming more and more irrational, a sign of insanity, he still got almost 75 million votes.  Take into consideration the number of his supporters, who STILL support him even now, some even are members of this very social news site, so it is absolutely necessary to make certain that Trump can never run for the presidency again.  Therefore, PLEASE impeach him. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4.1.4  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1.3    3 years ago

The votes to convict are not in the senate , so it would be a waste of time and effort.

this is going to sound conspr. theorist like but what has my hackles up so to speak , we have been hearing for 4 years "deep state".

Only just begining? sounds like he is alluding to forming an "alt deep state " of his own making and design, solely set up to quietly and anonymously leak  information damaging to those in government to keep the government in scandal.

sure as hell wouldnt put it past him.

Personally and i predicted it before the election , i dont think Biden will make it 2 years of his term, that would be his min to allow Harris to finish his term and still run for 2 terms of her own, before he resigns for personal medical reasons 

I could be wrong , but i was right about trump being a one termer when he was elected , i was right so far with the most dangerous time will be from the election to the inauguration  and i hoped i was wrong..

something i am also looking at , everyone is looking inward right now , thinking the trouble will come from inside the country , Iran has already made a bin laden type threat to avenge the irainian generals demise , granted they used the 6th , but wouldnt the inauguration be so much more convienient and better?

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.1.5  Raven Wing  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @4.1.2    3 years ago
all i can say is listen to the last 20 secs or so of his speech, that raised the hair on the back of my neck ,

Exactly, and he is very good at subliminal messaging. It has worked well for him this far, so he sees no reason not to continue this practice.

He learned a lot of such practices at his Father's knee. His Father, Fred Trump, was a supporter of Hitler, and a member of a 'bund' in his area and helped as a spy for the Germans during WWII. He also later became involved with the Mafia where he learned a great deal of how they controlled their members, as well as how the manipulated and used and abused others to get their way.

Donald Trump learned all of this from his Father, and used it to feed his ego and fulfill his own agenda. And that lies will get you what you want. I can see how he has used, and is using, these evil things he learned from his Father in how he himself deals with people as President. It is not just his being insane, it is also his being clever to deceive others and their undying support, even to the point of being willing to give their life in their service to him, as we have seen in the attack on the Capitol bldg.

Unfortunately, most people are unable to see through his acts of innocence like his recent speech of concession, which is nothing but a lie. He has no intention of giving up the fight, he is simply using another tactic with the hope that it will succeed where the others have failed.

So we will see in the days to come what that tactic will be, and it will not be good, and lives will be lost while once again Trump will go into hiding while his diehard supporters once again put their own lives on the line and take the blame for him.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4.1.6  Snuffy  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @4.1.4    3 years ago
Only just begining? sounds like he is alluding to forming an "alt deep state " of his own making and design

I'm not a mind reader either so I don't try.  Maybe all it means is what he said before where he wants to run again in 24.  Granted, IMO his actions since the election have ended his chances but that doesn't mean he can't try again.

Ender
Professor Principal
4.1.7  Ender  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1.3    3 years ago
my typing is becoming dyslexic

I have always been that way.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1.8  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1.3    3 years ago

Tommy Lasorta was 92 and still sharp as a tack.  So, my dear friend Buzz, even with all you are experiencing, you will continue to be a voice of reason for me.jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.9  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.1.8    3 years ago

Thank you Paula. jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg    Well, my brother is 88 and he hasn't lost the fact that he was always MENSA, so I guess there's still hope for me.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5  TᵢG    3 years ago

The 25th will not be invoked.  Impeachment and conviction is impractical.   All he has to do is STFU and start packing his things and people will move on. 

One wonders, however, what will take place once he is out of office.   What level of hell will rain down on him?  

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1  devangelical  replied to  TᵢG @5    3 years ago

... all levels of hell.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @5.1    3 years ago

Complete with brimstone 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @5.1    3 years ago

He's a billion in debt and all his markers are coming due . . . . 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

As the hours go by, more and more footage is coming out such as interviews with the people that went inside.  Many of these people are little more than deluded, the victims of massive disinformation from "conservative media" .

Our country is in a crisis that may be slow moving in a sense but it is profoundly deep and destructive. 

The internet will destroy this country unless we can figure out how to use it to spread truth. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @6    3 years ago
The internet will destroy this country unless we can figure out how to use it to spread truth. 

It is not the technology that is the problem.   It is the nature of the communication itself (the content) and the gullibility of those who hear it.   We need to teach critical thinking so that people have the tools to separate true from false.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @6.1    3 years ago

There is an immutable number of people that will be immune to "critical thinking" . They lack the intelligence level. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.2  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.1    3 years ago

Is it strictly intelligence?   We teach basic critical thinking to children. 

I think it is other factors.   Seems to me, people naturally think emotionally.   We tend to believe that which is most desirable.  

My suspicion is that people need to be condition to put forth the effort to follow the evidence where it leads.   That takes work; it takes effort.   Gut feel and accepting truth from authorities is easy.  

In short, how do we as a society evolve away from lazy, safe thinking?

Thomas
Senior Guide
6.1.3  Thomas  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.2    3 years ago

The problem exists that, with slight modifications in input and reasoning, the possibility exists of arriving at vastly different conclusions. 

One needs to ask questions, continuously, and then check those answers with other sources and a knowledge base of proven fact so that one can be reasonably certain that the information that is presented is factual and complete. This is a lot of work and one of the reasons that we have a profession dedicated to delivering factual and complete information:Journalists.  

This President has attacked the journalists, one resource that we have as a society to separate fact from inaccurate and false claims, as "fake news" since before 2016. He has set himself as the sole arbiter of what is "real" and what is "false," regardless of reality. He has parroted and been parroted by sources that ARE NOT NEWS, spoken into the echo chamber of the internet on a continual basis. His constant denial of the truth, aided and abetted by other anti-truth sources such as Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, et al, has created, nurtured and brought to fruition the violence that we saw in our nations capital. They bear as much blame as the president and the people whom he egged on till they violently overran the capitol building. 

This is the strange fruit that he has engendered through the disregard of common decency and truth.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Thomas @6.1.3    3 years ago

I posted a seed the other day on this - about what happens in an echo chamber of fake news and alternate facts - domestic terrorist/tRump supporters breaking into the Capitol building and vandalizing and threatening - at the 'president's' urging.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
6.1.5  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.2    3 years ago
My suspicion is that people need to be condition to put forth the effort to follow the evidence where it leads.

Maybe making Deming a required reading in high school would help some?

Deming quotes:

In God we trust; all others bring data.

Without data, you're just another person with an opinion.

Learning is not compulsory... neither is survival.

A bad system will beat a good person every time.

The worker is not the problem. The problem is at the top! Management!

It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory.

As long as management is quick to take credit for a firm’s successes but equally swift to blame its workers for its failures, no surefire remedy for low productivity can be expected in American manufacturing and service industries.

All of which could be applicable in Government too. TiG, you know me well enough... being part of quality, risk management, and ops management play a HUGE part into how I assess my action or inaction. To me, it's not far different than my belief in engineers should perform a mechanical role prior to getting their degree in engineering, because if you don't understand how the product you're designing goes together and is tested as well as the requirements [including gov. regulations], then said engineer only knows how to design a piece of crap that no one can fix.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @6    3 years ago

A reporter who was taking pictures of the terrorists in the capitol almost got beat up.  Thankfully, a few there helped him get to safety.

Thomas
Senior Guide
7  Thomas    3 years ago

Wait a minute. Now you are going to concentrate on a smooth transition of power????

jrSmiley_103_smiley_image.jpg

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1  TᵢG  replied to  Thomas @7    3 years ago

His die-hards will never understand the problem with his logic.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @7.1    3 years ago

What logic???????????

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.2  TᵢG  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.1    3 years ago

Logic (reasoning) can be good (sound) or bad (unsound)

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.2  Tacos!  replied to  Thomas @7    3 years ago
Now you are going to concentrate on a smooth transition of power????

Actually the two administrations have been working together even while Trump beats his dead horse in the courts.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
7.3  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Thomas @7    3 years ago

That was a conundrum to me too.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

This is an interesting tweet

RT @ RealTylerRiggs : @ Apple @ tim_cook @ AppStore when are you going to take down Parler? It is being used to organize assassinations on 1/19.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Right wing media is trying to spread the lie that antifa was behind the invasion of the capitol.  Jake Angeli is one of the people photographed inside the capitol , seemingly in a position of leadership, yet here he is in another role

ErJ2b-iXIAE-4Pu?format=jpg&name=small

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @9    3 years ago

Rudy Giuliani yukking it up with QAnon fuckheads

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @9    3 years ago

Look at the freaks/freakshow!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @9    3 years ago

Three dicks and a no class bimbo.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
10  Tacos!    3 years ago

It's an appropriate speech. He unequivocally condemned the violence and the people who committed it, which is good.

If I have a disagreement with any of it, it would be the part where he claims he was only trying to ensure the integrity of the election. I think the truth is he was trying to win the election. It's maybe a small point, but I think we all know he wouldn't have put out any of that effort if he had won.

He was right to point out that all of the efforts he has been making to contest the election results have been through legal channels. Many people have treated his efforts as if they were an assault on democracy or something. It's fine to be annoyed or offended by his efforts, but he was within his rights.

It was also good of him acknowledge the incoming administration and pledge a smooth transfer of power.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @10    3 years ago

Uh, Donald Trump is a pathological liar, and has been for quite some time.  You act like his words can be seen as sincere. It's fricking hilarious. 

P.S.  He's reading words that someone else wrote for him off a teleprompter. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
10.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1    3 years ago
Uh, Donald Trump is a pathological liar, and has been for quite some time.

What is there to lie about here?

You act like his words can be seen as sincere. It's fricking hilarious. 

Who gives a shit (pardon my French) if they're sincere? You really think any politician is sincere when they say positive things about giving up their job to someone else? What fantasy world are you living in?

P.S.  He's reading words that someone else wrote for him off a teleprompter. 

Oh now THERE is a ground-breaking scandal. For the first time in history, a politician is reading a speech off of a teleprompter. And to make it even worse, they might have been words written by someone else. That single fact, all by itself, tells us every rotten thing we need to know about this little speech.

God what is the world coming to? Speech writers for presidents? I never heard of such a thing.

What is the deal? Do you imagine that he has no control over his own mind or his own mouth? He's incapable of resisting the demonic control of a teleprompter? So that he can be put in front of a camera and say things he actually doesn't want to say?

I wish we had thought of that years ago. We could make politicians say anything we wanted.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @10.1.1    3 years ago

Your 'whatever' attitude about Trump is probably the strangest thing I've seen in 9 years on this forum. 

News flash for you. He's not a normal human being. He's a diseased malignant narcissist. Buy a clue somewhere for god's sake. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
10.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1.2    3 years ago
Your 'whatever' attitude about Trump is probably the strangest thing I've seen in 9 years on this forum. 

I punch a zillion holes in your partisan outrage and you dismiss it as a "whatever" attitude. I know it's hard to face the truth, but that is not the case. I just don't have a partisan obsession with politicians. You can't even bring yourself to consider the things I write because to do so, you might have to consider the possibility that you have an unhealthy and obsessive anger over these things.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.1.4  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @10.1.3    3 years ago
I punch a zillion holes in your partisan outrage and you dismiss it as a "whatever" attitude. I know it's hard to face the truth, but that is not the case. I just don't have a partisan obsession with politicians. You can't even bring yourself to consider the things I write because to do so, you might have to consider the possibility that you have an unhealthy and obsessive anger over these things.

I feel sorry for you if you think that for one second Trump should be taken at face value, which is what you said. You analyze his video speech as if it is sincere or reliable, or even meaningful. You are the one showing gullibility, not me. 

I have no more patience for people who want to give Trump an even break. It is absurd. It's always been absurd. And your laissez-faire type approach is the most absurd of all. 

Thomas
Senior Guide
10.1.5  Thomas  replied to  Tacos! @10.1.1    3 years ago
Who gives a shit (pardon my French) if they're sincere?

I do. 

You really think any politician is sincere when they say positive things about giving up their job to someone else?

Yes.

President Obama was sincere 8 years ago. Why? Because he knew that for the country to succeed, an orderly and peaceful transition was necessary for the protection of democracy. Same thing for the previous administration. 

Trump has no urges towards anything but his ego. He does not care that, through his and the people in high levels of governments actions and words, the Capitol was stormed by rioters who were a creation of the discord and lies that he has been spewing for years. That is the difference between true, presidential people and Trump. You can tell that he means none of what he is saying, because he continually said the opposite things as recently as wednesday. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
10.1.6  Tacos!  replied to  Thomas @10.1.5    3 years ago

Both of those guys had served two full terms, which is the constitutional limit. They knew going in they weren't going to hold the position any longer than they did. When they left, they hadn't just lost an election. That kind of creates a different dynamic, don't you think?

JBB
Professor Principal
10.1.7  JBB  replied to  Tacos! @10.1.6    3 years ago

Jimmy Carter and GHW Bush handled it fine.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
10.1.8  Tacos!  replied to  JBB @10.1.7    3 years ago

Oh I agree. They handled it much better. Every president in the history of the United States, who found himself in this position, has handled it better. 

But I bet they weren't happy about it. We're talking about sincerity here. Professional politicians are adept at projecting the image of a feeling they don't really have.

Thomas
Senior Guide
10.1.9  Thomas  replied to  Tacos! @10.1.6    3 years ago

I bet they would have handled it the same way had it been only after one term, because that is what real grown ups do. They take what life hands them and they deal with it. JMO.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
10.1.10  Tacos!  replied to  Thomas @10.1.9    3 years ago
I bet they would have handled it the same way had it been only after one term

I agree. As I mentioned above to JBB, every president so far has handled it better. But we were talking about sincerity. I don't think any of them were actually happy about it. They had more respect for the system than Trump does, but they were also probably better at faking it.

Thomas
Senior Guide
10.1.11  Thomas  replied to  Tacos! @10.1.10    3 years ago

That is where the difference lies. They were sincere because the office is larger than any one man and they realised that. Trump has been the 'What's in it for me?" president and has diminished greatly the stature of the office. Shame on him.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.2  TᵢG  replied to  Tacos! @10    3 years ago
It's an appropriate speech.

Yes, much better than yesterday.   Note that he did not include anything about election fraud.   This is what a PotUS should be saying versus the irresponsible language he used yesterday while ostensibly trying to calm his mob.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @10.2    3 years ago

Utterly ridiculous Tig.  Just how gullible are you ? 

Trump read this short message because he has been warned that if he doesnt do something  he's going to be removed from office. Period. It is NOT something that should lead to praise or approval for him. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.2.2  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @10.2.1    3 years ago

Are you assuming that I believe Trump?   JR, I am talking about the words he used.   I do not believe he was sincere.  Give me a break, you should know better.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
10.2.3  Tacos!  replied to  TᵢG @10.2.2    3 years ago
Utterly ridiculous Tig.  Just how gullible are you ? 

Uh oh. You made the mistake of giving faint praise to the Great Evil. You are therefore a die-hard Trump supporter and an enemy of every good thing.

Neat how that works, huh?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.2.4  TᵢG  replied to  Tacos! @10.2.3    3 years ago

Thing is, I was not giving even faint praise.   I was talking about the language used and I even contrasted it with the crap from yesterday.   If one were to actually think this through, one might notice that I am comparing a prepared speech of today with ad-hoc comments of yesterday.  My point, of course, is that today's speech is what a PotUS is supposed to make ... unlike yesterday (and many other examples).

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.2.5  author  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @10.2.2    3 years ago

Who cares if his words are "better" today than they were yesterday?  It is meaningless. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.2.6  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @10.2.5    3 years ago

I guess I have to spell this out for you.

My biggest complaint about Trump was that he was unpresidential.   As PotUS he was an embarrassment to the nation and much of it stems from his adhoc speeches.   His use of language, tone, and the gratuitous comments and allegations he makes.

This speech, in contrast, if you listen to the words, is a conventional speech one would expect from a PotUS.

I was not praising Trump, I was noting that, as opposed to yesterday, this speech did not try to inflame his supporters or to engage in lies about his con.   This is what he should have been doing all along.

You have a hair trigger JR.   Take a breath and consider context and meaning before you reply to a comment.   Count to 10.   If it looks like someone is making an out of character comment, maybe you have jumped to a conclusion.  

For you to have read my comments regarding Trump and to somehow think that I am all of a sudden thinking he is sincere is a failure of reason on your part.

Freewill
Junior Quiet
10.2.7  Freewill  replied to  TᵢG @10.2.6    3 years ago
My biggest complaint about Trump was that he was unpresidential.   As PotUS he was an embarrassment to the nation and much of it stems from his adhoc speeches.   His use of language, tone, and the gratuitous comments and allegations he makes.

And this was obvious in the primaries, especially with his petty childish name-calling of all the other candidates. When they nominated him after all that, that was the last straw for me.  I severed ties with the Republican party right then and there.  I'm done with partisan politics!  Neither party represents my interests anymore and at this point both parties put re-election and party power/loyalty ahead of the country and it's citizens.  Until we break that two-party stranglehold in American politics, this country will never heal.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.2.8  TᵢG  replied to  Freewill @10.2.7    3 years ago

We see eye-to-eye on this.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.2.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  TᵢG @10.2.8    3 years ago

I agree with both of you. But now someone will come and yank my liberal card away because I'm not a die hard Democrat

Ender
Professor Principal
10.2.10  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @10.2.9    3 years ago

Nah, you just get your card punched. You get up to ten I think. Five is a free coffee and a talking to.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.2.11  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @10.2.10    3 years ago

At least I get free coffee. Is it Starbucks?

Ender
Professor Principal
10.2.12  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @10.2.11    3 years ago

I think it is a choice. Either that or Dunkin Donuts.

I would just worry about later. Get eight and Pelosi gets to stare at you with an evil looking menace and does a slow clap (shiver).

I have heard it isn't pleasant.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.2.13  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @10.2.12    3 years ago
Either that or Dunkin Donuts.

If I can get a raspberry jelly I can endure the Pelosi stare down.

(She does have that Mom look, doesn't she?)

Freewill
Junior Quiet
10.2.14  Freewill  replied to  Ender @10.2.10    3 years ago
Five is a free coffee and a talking to

A stern talking to.... and you might want to have a Trump supporter test that coffee before ya drink it... (-:

Freewill
Junior Quiet
10.2.15  Freewill  replied to  Trout Giggles @10.2.13    3 years ago
I can endure the Pelosi stare down

Ah don't worry about that... I think her face is actually just stuck that way... (-:

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.2.16  Trout Giggles  replied to  Freewill @10.2.15    3 years ago

Frozen from eating 13 dollar/pint ice cream?

LOL!

Ender
Professor Principal
10.2.17  Ender  replied to  Freewill @10.2.14    3 years ago

From what I gather they don't mind. Now order tea and you are considered a traitor.

Thomas
Senior Guide
10.2.18  Thomas  replied to  Freewill @10.2.7    3 years ago
Until we break that two-party stranglehold in American politics, this country will never heal.

Agreed.

It really was obvious before he even through his hat in the ring. Years before. Too bad that none of that was seriously considered before he got to the presidency. Kept hearing, "Oh. He will change his tone. He will grow into the presidency." These comments were not from anyone who had been paying any attention to what he had been doing before he became president.

Freewill
Junior Quiet
10.2.19  Freewill  replied to  Trout Giggles @10.2.16    3 years ago
Frozen from eating 13 dollar/pint ice cream?

I was thinking probably botox or significant reconstruction, possibly involving scaffolding and hard hats, but yeah... something like that... (-:

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.3  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @10    3 years ago

It's completely meaningless, after the fact and especially since he incited the whole thing in the first place and was going to walk with them to the Capitol but he turned tail and fled to his bunker.  No one will forget that he told these freaks that 'you're very special and I love you'.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.3.1  TᵢG  replied to  Tessylo @10.3    3 years ago

The speech was a mere performance.   It is the kind of speech a PotUS should make.   It was entirely different from those Trump has actually made.  

Ender
Professor Principal
10.3.2  Ender  replied to  TᵢG @10.3.1    3 years ago

Looked to me like he was actually reading a speech someone wrote.

Instead of rattling off whatever was on his mind.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.3.3  TᵢG  replied to  Ender @10.3.2    3 years ago

Without a doubt that was a prepared speech;  Trump did not pen those words.

Ender
Professor Principal
10.3.4  Ender  replied to  TᵢG @10.3.3    3 years ago

I was kinda surprised he did it. He almost looked like a kid that got in trouble and was forced to.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.3.5  TᵢG  replied to  Ender @10.3.4    3 years ago

Indeed

Freewill
Junior Quiet
10.3.6  Freewill  replied to  Ender @10.3.2    3 years ago
Instead of rattling off whatever was on his mind.

Christ!  Don't want him doing that, assuming there is any mind left at all.  I think his mind has already rattled off.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11  Tessylo    3 years ago

All the destruction and the economy tanking are due to tRump so fuck you tRump