╌>

Newt Gingrich: Gay Pride Flag At U.S. Embassies Is 'Deliberately Anti-American'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  135 comments

By:   Ron Dicker (HuffPost)

Newt Gingrich: Gay Pride Flag At U.S. Embassies Is 'Deliberately Anti-American'
The GOP former House speaker ranted on Fox News that the Biden administration is "attacking people of traditional values."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The GOP former House speaker ranted on Fox News that the Biden administration is "attacking people of traditional values."

The politician-turned-right-wing commentator put his outrageous spin on Secretary of State Antony Blinken authorizing U.S. embassies to fly the gay pride rainbow flag. The flag would be on display for "the duration of the 2021 Pride season," which includes Pride Month in June, according to a State Department cable cited by news reports.

Gingrich said the Biden administration move "is attacking people of traditional values." In contrast, former President Donald Trumprejected embassy requests to fly the pride flag.

Egged on by Fox News host Jeanine Pirro, Gingrich launched an incendiary takedown of President Joe Biden's first 100 days in office.

"Look, I think that the left has decided they're going to try to push all the regular Americans into a corner where they either have to fight, in which case they'll be attacked by the news media, or they have to just cave and hide," Gingrich said.

Gingrich, who last month said "It's an America in which transgender dominates Christianity and Judaism," continued flailing at the LGBTQ community in his Fox News interview.

"If you listed every idiotic thing that the Biden administration has done in the first 100 days, you'd begin to realize whether it's threatening everybody who believes in the Second Amendment, or it's attacking everybody who believes in right to life, or it is attacking people of traditional values who are appalled that this administration would fly the gay flag at American embassies all over the world," he fussed.

"You just go down item by item and it's almost like they have a checklist of what can we do that will really truly infuriate traditional Americans. I have never seen anything like it and somebody asked me this afternoon, I told them I couldn't imagine any administration which has been this deliberately anti-American and this deliberately committed to infuriating the majority of American people. Literally, in over 200 years of history, I can't think of a single administration that has been this radical and this hostile."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Yet another example of a right wing crank becoming "infuriated" over something that does no harm to him .

Who exactly does the flying of a "gay pride" flag injure? 

I don't recall Gingrich ever becoming incensed over the flying of  this flag OIP.sVFZYNGe706yzrVV9SOc1gHaE8?pid=ImgDet&rs=1

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

I think to some dip shits and poorly educated bigoted Neanderthals a gay pride flag feels like an attack on their heterosexuality and masculinity just like they feel a "Black Lives Matter" banner or flag undermines their imagined white culture or somehow means that white lives don't matter. They don't seem to understand that up till recently it was pretty much a given that only white lives mattered and that only heterosexual pride was acceptable and that previously gays were closeted out of fear of reprisal, violence, losing their jobs or worse. To these bigots any sort of inclusion of the people they've traditionally excluded, mocked, ridiculed and discriminated against is somehow now an attack on them because they're now being told it was wrong to do those things. Perhaps it is also the feeling of inner guilt they are battling by lashing out and proclaiming gay pride flags or the BLM message must be resisted because by accepting it they would have to show humility and admit their wrongdoing which their hard little prejudiced hearts just can't do.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.2    3 years ago
I think to some dip shits and poorly educated bigoted Neanderthals a gay pride flag feels like an attack on their heterosexuality and masculinity just like they feel a "Black Lives Matter" banner or flag undermines their imagined white culture or somehow means that white lives don't matter.

And some poorly educated dumbfucks probably think a straight pride flag is an attack on their homosexuality just like some poorly educated dumbfucks think a "Blue Lives Matter" flag undermines their black culture and somehow means black lives don't matter.

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.2  CB  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.2    3 years ago

Old Newt is jealous of anybody who has liberty he and his do not approve of. Now Trump slamming women up against 'lockers and walls' vanquishing a woman's rights and privileges with a wall - timeless and priceless!

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.3  CB  replied to  CB @1.2.2    3 years ago

Never let these conservatives think for one sec you don't see their bull patty. Throw it squarely in their faces (figuratively) as often as you have 'breath.'

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.2.3    3 years ago
Never let these conservatives think for one sec you don't see their bull patty. Throw it squarely in their faces (figuratively) as often as you have 'breath.'

Sounds like something written by a true disciple of Maxine Waters.

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.5  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.4    3 years ago

No comment comment.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.6  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.1    3 years ago
just like some poorly educated dumbfucks think a "Blue Lives Matter" flag undermines their black culture 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.7  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.2.5    3 years ago

Much better than the usual, then.  Fantastic!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.8  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.6    3 years ago

Ooh, a picture!!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.9  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.1    3 years ago

You sound very angry.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.10  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.9    3 years ago
You sound very angry.

I get where you might think that after being exposed daily to the faux-poutrage of your fellow posters.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  Tessylo    3 years ago

Who cares what Newt has to say?

Another former right wing scumbag politician turned Faux news commentator.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1  JBB  replied to  Tessylo @2    3 years ago

Even the gop had enough of Newt's ass. Bye Bye...

evilone
Professor Guide
3  evilone    3 years ago

Is he still pissed we don't have a base station on the moon named after him?

Ender
Professor Principal
3.1  Ender  replied to  evilone @3    3 years ago

I think we should wait for a probe sent to Uranus.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Ender @3.1    3 years ago

It would be called the Gingrich/Limbaugh rover and be sent to explore the depths of Uranus...

Witch: I'm not a witch, I'm not a witch! Bedevere: Er,...but you are dressed as one. Witch: THEY dressed me up like this. Villagers: No! nooo! We didn't! We didn't! Witch: And this isn't my nose, it's a false one! (Bedevere lifts up the carrot to reveal the woman's real nose, which is in fact rather small.) Bedevere: Well? One Villager: Well, we did do the nose. Bedevere: The nose? Villager: And the Hat. But she's a witch! Villagers: Yeah! Burn her! Burn! Burn her! B: Did you dress her up like this? Villagers: NO! No, no, no, no, no, no... One Villager: yes. Villagers: yes. yes. yes. A bit. yes. a bit. a bit. Another Villager: (hopefully) She has got a wart... B: What makes you think she is a witch? Villager: Well, She turned me into a Newt!! (pause) Bedevere: a Newt? (long pause) Villager: I got better... Villagers: BURN HER anyway! BURN! BURN! BURN HER!

No one with more than half a brain would ever want to be turned into a Newt...

Ender
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Ender  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.1.1    3 years ago

That sounds like Monty Python.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.1.1    3 years ago

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
4  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     3 years ago

"You just go down item by item and it's almost like they have a checklist of what can we do that will really truly infuriate traditional Americans."

I'm sure "That list" was easy to see considering that the fox news entertainment corporation already had it posted daily to let trumpericans know what being a true red blooded patriotic American "should be".

Ender
Professor Principal
4.1  Ender  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @4    3 years ago

White, straight with a gun strapped on their hip.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.1.1  bugsy  replied to  Ender @4.1    3 years ago
White, straight with a gun strapped on their hip

Or white soy, pajama boy leftists whose leftist females are more masculine?

JBB
Professor Principal
5  JBB    3 years ago

Newton Gingrich? Who cares what that nit says?

devangelical
Professor Principal
6  devangelical    3 years ago

the POS poster boy for republican hypocrisy.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.1  MrFrost  replied to  devangelical @6    3 years ago

Yep, I remember quite clearly him throwing rocks at Clinton for getting the presidential pickle sucked while he himself was banging two skanks behind his wife's back and all the while screaming about, "Family Values". 

Newt is a POS. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

So Newt doesn't believe in gay marriage and equal rights? What kind of example is he to marriage and so-called family values with 3 wives in his wake

CB
Professor Principal
7.1  CB  replied to  Trout Giggles @7    3 years ago

Why do underserved and underrepresented citizens have to pay taxes?!  Newt loves eatin' from other people's storehouses. If some conservatives don't believe in equality why don't they just move out of the country? They and their 'ugly-ness' can just go away!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  CB @7.1    3 years ago

He's probably never done an honest day's work in his life

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1.1    3 years ago

well, carrying all the hairspray to maintain his current wife's hair helmet is probably a full time job...

8569573831_a24e42cd17_b.jpg

pictures with obvious sexual innuendos are hilarious...

CB
Professor Principal
7.1.3  CB  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1.1    3 years ago

The grift is to 'pop' up on FOX's platform, make outrages claims, publish an article, which leads to a new book (on the market)!

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.1.4  bugsy  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1.1    3 years ago
He's probably never done an honest day's work in his life

[deleted] president, a person that has never held a job outside politics.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
8  Greg Jones    3 years ago

So, by that standard no one should be offended if I would choose to fly a "straight and proud" flag.

What if I added the word "White" to that description?

Would being proud of who I am make me a racist bigot?

Personally, I don't care who marries who, it's none of my business

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @8    3 years ago

You dont seem to know the difference between the majority groups and the minority groups

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @8    3 years ago

If you are in the majority you don't need to proclaim your status because you are not historically discriminated against. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
8.2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @8.2    3 years ago

How does proclaiming one's status improve it if such actions don't change hearts and minds?

CB
Professor Principal
8.2.2  CB  replied to  Greg Jones @8.2.1    3 years ago

You can fly it; it would be more than what is needed. People would look at you indifferently, because it is already taken for granted that White/Straight/Male/Christians are proud of themselves. (Who ever tried (really) to shame them for simply doing the right thing?)

CB
Professor Principal
8.2.3  CB  replied to  Greg Jones @8.2.1    3 years ago

But it does change hearts and minds. Because people began to realize that 'stuff' is happening all around them and not just in some mysteriously remote place in the country. Afterall: Gay marriage happened in 2015,—'Girls' got loud and acted up!

Thomas
Senior Guide
8.2.4  Thomas  replied to  Greg Jones @8.2.1    3 years ago
How does proclaiming one's status improve it if such actions don't change hearts and minds?

Because it will let others know where you stand, just like flying the US flag lets people know that you are proud to be an American. I think both would be appropriate to fly, along with a Black Lives Matter banner, right on the White House and Capitol building.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @8    3 years ago

Complaining about how people are not supposed to fly "straight" flags is similar to complaining why isn't there  a "Miss White America". 

CB
Professor Principal
8.3.1  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @8.3    3 years ago

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.4  Dulay  replied to  Greg Jones @8    3 years ago

That's a lot of words for a non-response. 

CB
Professor Principal
8.4.1  CB  replied to  Dulay @8.4    3 years ago

"Read." (Two snaps up, a cute butterfly landing on my finger, and here have my cigar!)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9  Tessylo    3 years ago

Some folks are very uncomfortable becoming the minority.  

CB
Professor Principal
9.1  CB  replied to  Tessylo @9    3 years ago

Newt was never known for sharing and playing well with other adults. He is up to his tried and true tactics (can another book be in the offing?)?

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.2  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @9    3 years ago
Some folks are very uncomfortable becoming the minority. 

I think it's going to be a veeerrrrryyyy long time before whites become a minority, as long as blacks abort black babies in the millions and black youth shoot and kill other black youths every single day, at a far higher proportion than any other race, but only being 13 percent of the entire US population.

Thomas
Senior Guide
9.2.1  Thomas  replied to  bugsy @9.2    3 years ago

Nice to see you care.

CB
Professor Principal
9.2.2  CB  replied to  bugsy @9.2    3 years ago

So now its a 'thing' to try and pit Blacks against "other minority races"?  You did not 'footnote' your black abortion 'stat' so you could be pulling it out of a dark, damp, place somewhere. . . . .

Anyway, Whites are not becoming a minority due to Blacks or other minority groups, by a certain future date, it is suggested that all minority groups combined will have the voting power to balance (or rival) a largely White Majority voting bloc.

At least, that is my understanding of the 'concern.' What have you heard?

Dulay
Professor Expert
9.2.3  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @9.2    3 years ago
I think it's going to be a veeerrrrryyyy long time before whites become a minority

Whites are ALREADY a minority in the world population.

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.2.4  bugsy  replied to  Dulay @9.2.3    3 years ago
Whites are ALREADY a minority in the world population.

[Deleted]

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.2.5  bugsy  replied to  Thomas @9.2.1    3 years ago
Nice to see you care.

I don't

pat wilson
Professor Participates
9.2.6  pat wilson  replied to  Dulay @9.2.3    3 years ago

They are a minority in California, whites make up 36.64 %.

Six states are majority-minority as of July 2019: Hawaii (the only state that has never had a white majority), New Mexico , California , Texas , Nevada , and Maryland.

Kavika
Professor Principal
9.2.7  Kavika   replied to  bugsy @9.2    3 years ago

Whites make up 60.1% of the US population as of 2019. Blacks are 13% of the minority population, Hispanics are a greater percent than blacks, Asian and Pacific Islanders are the fastest-growing minority and we have Native Americans. for a grand total of 39.9 % of the US population. 

According to the US Census Bureau minority white or majority minority will occur around 2045, not that far off. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
9.2.8  Dulay  replied to  Kavika @9.2.7    3 years ago
Whites make up 60.1% of the US population as of 2019. 

True but that includes people like Marco Rubio who 'identify' as white. I'm sure that my light skinned sister identifies as white even though she is German/Filipino. I have never been able to pass nor have I ever wanted to. 

Thomas
Senior Guide
9.2.9  Thomas  replied to  bugsy @9.2.5    3 years ago

I know. But you love to whistle tropes to your dogs

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.2.10  Trout Giggles  replied to  bugsy @9.2.5    3 years ago

I think we all knew that

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2.11  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @9.2    3 years ago

What's all that hateful garbage you're ranting on and on about bugs?

You sure know how to blow those dog whistles!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.12  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @9.2.5    3 years ago

Have you ever stopped to notice to who calls things dog whistles and who responds to them?

Thomas
Senior Guide
9.2.13  Thomas  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.12    3 years ago

You seem to woof a lot and you are always speaking without really adding much to the conversation. Just like now.

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.2.14  bugsy  replied to  Thomas @9.2.9    3 years ago
But you love to whistle tropes to your dogs

I'm going to ask you like I have told your little friend who posted the same thing in this thread.

Why is it that only far leftist loons hear these whistles that they accuse others of sending?

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.2.15  bugsy  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.2.10    3 years ago
I think we all knew that

OK, so what are YOU doing to stop blacks killing other blacks either through violence or abortion?

If you are doing nothing directly, then you, too, do not care.

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.2.16  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @9.2.11    3 years ago
What's all that hateful garbage you're ranting on and on about bugs?

Be specific about this "hateful garbage" you keep blabbing about.

Your little friend above is hearing the same whistles only the leftist loons hear. Why is that?

Thomas
Senior Guide
9.2.17  Thomas  replied to  bugsy @9.2.14    3 years ago

Why is it that bigots always ask the stupidest questions?

Everyone hears your dog whistles, it is only certain people who call you out on them.

Listing several things that cause black people to suffer and then saying that you don't care, maybe an accusation of outright racism would have been in order, but I was giving the benefit of the doubt. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.18  Texan1211  replied to  Thomas @9.2.13    3 years ago

No need to get mad.

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.2.19  bugsy  replied to  Thomas @9.2.17    3 years ago
Listing several things that cause black people to suffer and then saying that you don't care,

Everything I listed is brought upon by black people themselves. Whites have zero to do with any of them, so your race card does not play today.

I still don't care

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.2.20  bugsy  replied to  Thomas @9.2.17    3 years ago
Why is it that bigots always ask the stupidest questions?

Says the person that asked.......this.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2.21  Tessylo  replied to  Thomas @9.2.17    3 years ago
"Why is it that bigots always ask the stupidest questions?"

Because they're idiots?  Inbred idiots.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2.22  Tessylo  replied to  Dulay @9.2.3    3 years ago
"I think it's going to be a veeerrrrryyyy long time before whites become a minority"
"Whites are ALREADY a minority in the world population."

What a fucking idiot!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2.23  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @9.2    3 years ago

So no white folks shoot each other every day?  No white folks have abortions?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2.24  Tessylo  replied to  Thomas @9.2.13    3 years ago
"You seem to woof a lot and you are always speaking without really adding much to the conversation. Just like now."

Some folks just exist to be whiny little bitches.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2.25  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.12    3 years ago
"Have you ever stopped to notice to who calls things dog whistles and who responds to them?"

Have you ever noticed that some folks on here are just whiny little bitches?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.26  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @9.2.25    3 years ago

why, yes, I certainly have noticed some whiny little bitch progressives!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2.27  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @9.2.16    3 years ago
"What's all that hateful garbage you're ranting on and on about bugs?"

"Be specific about this "hateful garbage" you keep blabbing about.

Your little friend above is hearing the same whistles only the leftist loons hear. Why is that?"

Every word out of your hateful impotent little mouth.  You're the one spewing all the hateful nonsense.  Look in the mirror

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.28  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @9.2.20    3 years ago

I always consider the source when reading asinine questions!

CB
Professor Principal
9.2.29  CB  replied to  bugsy @9.2    3 years ago

Actually, Black women could do better statistically to slow aborting so many babies. (I actually did not know the numbers.) But that is on the women to know the stats and to follow according to their own consciences over time.

It's a good discussion to have. Talk/discussion informs us all! BTW, in case one think I did not notice: White women abort more babies in the aggregate, but proportional to their numbers Black women are simply 'doing too much'!!

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.2.30  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.28    3 years ago

So do I.

You should see some of the IMs this one sends to me.

Amazing how some on here bragged the other day that they are now working from the office 5 days a week but always seem to find time to live on this site all during the work day.

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.2.31  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @9.2.27    3 years ago
Every word out of your hateful impotent little mouth

So cite one....any one...anywhere on this site.

You know you won't because they don't exist...and....

"I just don't like what you said" doesn't count.

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.2.32  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @9.2.23    3 years ago
So no white folks shoot each other every day?  No white folks have abortions?

Sure they do, but there are 2 things that separate the reactions between whites and blacks.

1. Whites do it at a far lower rate proportionately than blacks.

2. Whites understand that if you are armed and you fight with the police, your ass needs to get shot and the threat eliminated. We don't go crying to race baiting lawyers like Benjamin Crump and cry racism at the drop of a hat, even if the withe guy is shot by a black cop.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.2.33  Trout Giggles  replied to  bugsy @9.2.31    3 years ago

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.2.34  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @9.2.22    3 years ago

removed for context by charger

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.2.35  bugsy  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.2.33    3 years ago

How is that hateful?

I guess that you believe her response is right on the money....but not hatred

I do believe I stipulated that "I just don't like what he said" doesn't count.

Now,,,,,,try again.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.2.36  Trout Giggles  replied to  bugsy @9.2.35    3 years ago

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.2.37  bugsy  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.2.36    3 years ago

Again...how is that hatred?

It is an observation that usually tends to be true.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.2.38  Trout Giggles  replied to  bugsy @9.2.37    3 years ago

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.2.39  bugsy  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.2.38    3 years ago

I think you really need to refer back to

"I just don't like what you said" doesn't count.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.2.40  Trout Giggles  replied to  bugsy @9.2.39    3 years ago

[deleted]

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.2.41  bugsy  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.2.40    3 years ago

Damn...missed that one

CB
Professor Principal
9.2.42  CB  replied to  bugsy @9.2.32    3 years ago

Well,for starters one's ass is not being shot nor one's relatives. Maybe you can prove me wrong, though not hardly online. Next, there is the matter of perhaps it is time for White people to demand better from the death of their White brethren under the same 'class' of law. Where is the body cam video of officers (White and otherwise) shooting White people?

Finally, White people y'all need to speak of for yourselves. Why y'all taking the death of your 'number' lying down?

Lastly, as you so like to 'throw down,' Black America don't have the numbers to incrementally waste on police murders.

As for abortions, White women have more abortions. I could accuse one of playing the population percentages, but you know that already.

Ender
Professor Principal
10  Ender    3 years ago

Some people just refuse to grow old gracefully.

Hey newt (what the hell kind of name is that anyway, I guess it fits, a lizard) shove it up our ass.

That he actually has the nerve to call Biden radical after the shit show we had to endure for the last four years.

He is so full of shit it seems to be oozing out his mouth when he opens it.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
11  FLYNAVY1    3 years ago

There they are.... The classic republican wedge issues/talking points used to scare their base....  Guns, God, Gays and  Abortion.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13  arkpdx    3 years ago

The "gay pride" flag has no business flying at any government facility. It is not a governmental flag but one of a minority private group. How many here would approve of the Gadsden flag or the Blue Lives Matter flag were flown over government buildings?

CB
Professor Principal
13.1  CB  replied to  arkpdx @13    3 years ago

What would be wrong with the flags flying (over government buildings) if properly constituted and barring any negative reason for flying? That is a red herring argument anyway. People want freedom and they want police protection in service of the communities they live in - not domination!

Liberties, Expressions, and Protections; not, Oppression, Repression, and Domination.

Moreover, I find it sad that you want to make liberties and police out to be a political 'side' when such matters and these departments are designed to serve all the citizenry (and guests to this country).

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.1.1  arkpdx  replied to  CB @13.1    3 years ago

Who decides wat's a negative reason? You? Me? What criteria do we use. What it meant 150 years ago in a different time and way of thinking and standards or do we judge the past by today's standards. 

CB
Professor Principal
13.1.2  CB  replied to  arkpdx @13.1.1    3 years ago

So you think negative reasons have reconstituted themselves as positives over time. Wow. What kind of a 'defense' is that? Can we just do the right thing for the right reasons and call it a 'day'?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
13.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  arkpdx @13    3 years ago
The "gay pride" flag has no business flying at any government facility.

That's right since it was the flag flown by those who attacked American soldiers April 12th 1861, killed 110,000 American soldiers and fought to keep all heterosexuals as slaves to work their gay plantations...

Oh, wait, no, that was the confederate flag which was flown by over a dozen States at their State houses for over a century and is still flown at the Mississippi State house and represents those who wanted to keep black Americans as slaves to work their antebellum plantations. Funny how conservatives leap to defend the confederate flag regardless of the death, destruction and racism it represents but as soon as you fly a peaceful rainbow flag that represents love, diversity and acceptance conservatives start foaming at the mouth in rage.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @13.2    3 years ago

Jesus Christ, he didn't suggest flying a Confederate flag over one of our buildings is okay. 

Why are you pretending he did?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.2.2  arkpdx  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @13.2    3 years ago

Oh gee just where did I or anyone else on the article defend the battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia? I certainly did not

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
13.2.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  arkpdx @13.2.2    3 years ago
Oh gee just where did I or anyone else on the article defend the battle flag

You said "The "gay pride" flag has no business flying at any government facility". Did you raise such objections when virtually every former confederate State flew their flags of treason? Do you feel the same way towards Mississippi that still flies such a contentious and arguably racist symbol at their State house? The confederate flag is not a governmental flag but one of a minority private group of treasonous bigots and losers, yet I rarely hear anyone on the right condemning it and most often they're defending it or deflecting from it claiming it isn't what the majority of Americans know for a fact it is.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.2.4  arkpdx  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @13.2.3    3 years ago

The Civil War was over around 150 years ago and the states that used it was their business and no issue until the political correct, there is a right to not be offended (there is no such right if you think there is please do show me) crowd cropped up. Now, answer the question I asked. How would you feel if the Gadsden flag or the Blue lives Matter flag was flown. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.2.5  arkpdx  replied to  arkpdx @13.2.4    3 years ago

Why is there a "gay pride" anything? [Deleted]

Sophomore Guide
13.2.6  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  arkpdx @13.2.5    3 years ago
Are we going to have a bipolar pride day? An OCD pride day? A psychotic pride day?

Ironically you may have hit on something there. Menial ill people have been looked down on and been disrespected for as long as I can remember. 

Often seen as second class and disposable. 

Perhaps its time they made an effort to be recognized as a group as well. 

IF the stigma was ever removed from what is usually a chemical imbalance that affects the mind then many more people may seek the medical attention needed for their recovery.

Good Idea arkpdx

CB
Professor Principal
13.2.7  CB  replied to  arkpdx @13.2.5    3 years ago

Why not? Can you arrange the occasions? Psychotics might take issue with your presumption, nevertheless. But give it a try, why don't you.

JBB
Professor Principal
13.2.8  JBB  replied to  arkpdx @13.2.5    3 years ago

Homosexuality isn't a mental disorder, period.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
13.2.9  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  arkpdx @13.2.4    3 years ago
The Civil War was over around 150 years ago and the states that used it was their business and no issue until the political correct, there is a right to not be offended (there is no such right if you think there is please do show me) crowd cropped up.

There is so much wrong with this comment. First of all you claim that the Civil War and the confederate flag were too long ago for people today to need to care about, but the same people who say that want everyone to emulate the founding fathers and 1776 because they represent "freedom". Well, the Civil War represents freedom too, and is more recent than 1776. If the Civil War is too long ago to care about so is 1776. 

Second the confederate flag is not "their business" alone. It has been used by white racist groups and individuals, and represents racism. 

If your neighbor hung a communist flag on his front porch, I bet it would draw a lot of negative attention from the neighborhood. As should the confederate flag. 

Phaedrus
Freshman Silent
13.2.10  Phaedrus  replied to  arkpdx @13.2.5    3 years ago
Why are we celebrating a mental disorder

So you believe homosexuality is a mental disorder. Got it. jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.2.11  Tessylo  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @13.2.6    3 years ago

Same with gay people Steve, don't you think?

Although, like jbb notes, homosexuality isn't a mental disorder.

I'm not saying you implied otherwise though.  

Sophomore Guide
13.2.12  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Tessylo @13.2.11    3 years ago
I'm not saying you implied otherwise though.  

Tessylo. I have a nephew that I love who is gay.

But I'm still not sure what homosexuality is. I have a hard time understanding it although I do believe it is a natural occurrence and nothing to put down, disrespect  or certainly nothing to be made fun of or to hurt others about. 

For myself though I really don't understand the attraction. But I have no problem with others sexual choice of partners. Live and let live and love and let love.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
13.2.13  TᵢG  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @13.2.12    3 years ago
For myself though I really don't understand the attraction. But I have no problem with others sexual choice of partners.

I just chalk it up to not understanding what women see in men.   Whatever is behind that attraction, I would think, is also at play with gay men (and of course this would apply to homosexuality in general).

To wit, women are attracted to men (for whatever reason) and some men are attracted to other men (probably for the same reason).     I doubt this can be understood by heterosexual males.

Sophomore Guide
13.2.14  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  TᵢG @13.2.13    3 years ago
I just chalk it up to not understanding what women see in men.   Whatever is behind that attraction,

Children ?  Motherhood ?  Passing on their genes ?  Multiplying ? 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
13.2.15  Trout Giggles  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @13.2.14    3 years ago

Somebody to mow the lawn

Sophomore Guide
13.2.16  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Trout Giggles @13.2.15    3 years ago
Somebody to mow the lawn

LOL 

That's just sad. jrSmiley_7_smiley_image.png

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
13.2.17  Trout Giggles  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @13.2.16    3 years ago

I don't wanna do it

Sophomore Guide
13.2.18  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Trout Giggles @13.2.17    3 years ago
I don't wanna do it
LOL !!! 

Just a hint, most men really don't want to either. lol

I started doing yard work by the time I was about 6 years old. I HATE yard work, its a never ending battle. 

Now I hire people to do it. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
13.2.19  Trout Giggles  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @13.2.18    3 years ago

I used to mow the grass when I was a kid. We had a push mower and 1.5 acres to cut. My job. And then I went off to college and dad broke down and bought a riding mower.

When we lived on base I used to cut the grass with the push mower and didn't mind it. Mr G stayed in the house and minded the rug rats while I got some alone time with the mower, Now that we have 3 acres we have a riding mower and he does the chore. I think he secretly likes it, tho, because the mower has a beer holder

Sophomore Guide
13.2.20  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Trout Giggles @13.2.19    3 years ago
because the mower has a beer holder

LOL That is about the only way to do yard work.. Drunk.

My dad used to have a lawn chair and a beer at each end of the yard when he'd cut the grass, sadly us kids weren't allowed to. 

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

CB
Professor Principal
13.2.21  CB  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @13.2.14    3 years ago

NOPE!  Like, that is NOT going to happen! Two men can 'bond' on a physical (sexual) level, but two men bond on a spiritual level. And nope, not every sexual attraction between two men is an attempt at spiritual bonding. When two men fall in love it is every bit as 'fast and hard' as a man and woman falling in love.

Which is why it irks me so deeply when some people, liberals and conservatives, males and females, detest what they are 'closed' off to understanding. Two males and two women can love just as deeply on a spiritual "bonding" level as any male-female relationship.

Dulay
Professor Expert
13.2.22  Dulay  replied to  Trout Giggles @13.2.15    3 years ago

My wife mows the our 1/2 acre of lawn. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
13.2.23  TᵢG  replied to  Trout Giggles @13.2.19    3 years ago
We had a push mower and 1.5 acres to cut.

That would take hours!   Poor little Trout.   I have 1 acre of lawn to cut and with my John Deere tractor it takes me about 1 hour to do it.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
13.2.24  Trout Giggles  replied to  TᵢG @13.2.23    3 years ago

It took 2 days. And when I got done with it all...it was time to do it again

CB
Professor Principal
13.2.25  CB  replied to  TᵢG @13.2.13    3 years ago
some men are attracted to other men (probably for the same reason).     I doubt this can be understood by heterosexual males.

I am sitting here remembering the first time (only time I got to do it) I gave another guy a 'promise' ring. I was 17-ish, he was 16-ish (and knew who he was). It was doomed from the start, but 'boy oh boy' did electricity "sing" between us for that 'spell' of our lives.

Speaking of electricity: TiG, that "current" that passing between you and "Missus" through a touch or a brush against happens to two men or two women too. In our case, it was so long denied. . . and even yet, repressed by some of our citizen "friends" . . .

Thomas
Senior Guide
13.2.26  Thomas  replied to  Trout Giggles @13.2.24    3 years ago

Springtime in Arkansas?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
13.2.27  Trout Giggles  replied to  Thomas @13.2.26    3 years ago

It's here because I'm sneezing and wheezing.

The yard has to get mowed because the water department mowed a patch around the meter so they could get to it. We're gonna get charged for that...

Phaedrus
Freshman Silent
13.2.28  Phaedrus  replied to  Trout Giggles @13.2.19    3 years ago
We had a push mower and 1.5 acres to cut.

So did we! But it gets better. Mine was an electric push mower. Dragging that cord all over the place ruined yardwork for me. Still would rather pay a neighborhood kid to mow than do it myself.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
13.2.29  Trout Giggles  replied to  Phaedrus @13.2.28    3 years ago

We had one of those for a time. Glad to get back the gas powered one.

CB
Professor Principal
13.2.30  CB  replied to  TᵢG @13.2.13    3 years ago

And maybe this is as good a place to leave this as anywhere (for now):

Regarding homosexuality: Walking away from any sexual sense of oneself-into abstinence on religious conviction is not an easy thing at all to do. Nuns and priests in service of God leave sex (and sex outside of marriage) behind.

In this one regard, religious faith, would have to be one pretty (and lifelong) strong delusion.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
13.3  Ozzwald  replied to  arkpdx @13    3 years ago
The "gay pride" flag has no business flying at any government facility. It is not a governmental flag but one of a minority private group.

I assume you feel the same way about the Confederate flag?

Dulay
Professor Expert
13.4  Dulay  replied to  arkpdx @13    3 years ago
The "gay pride" flag has no business flying at any government facility.

Why? 

It is not a governmental flag but one of a minority private group.

Yet other flags that are not 'governmental flags' have flown over government facilities, including the WH. 

How many here would approve of the Gadsden flag or the Blue Lives Matter flag were flown over government buildings?

How do you know they haven't? 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
14  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

Gingrich said the Biden administration move "is attacking people of traditional values

He is a Trumpturd so his traditional values are fucked up to begin with after his lips were glued to Trump's ass for four years.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
14.1  pat wilson  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @14    3 years ago

Turditional Values.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
15  pat wilson    3 years ago

Newt, do you really want to talk about "traditional values" ???

Throughout his congressional campaign in 1974, Gingrich was having an affair with a young volunteer. An aide who worked with Gingrich throughout the 1970s stated that "it was common knowledge that Newt was involved with other women during his marriage to Jackie." [241] [242] In the spring of 1980, Gingrich filed for divorce from Jackie after beginning an affair with Marianne Ginther. [243] [244] Jackie later said in 1984 that the divorce was a "complete surprise" to her. [245]

In September 1980, according to friends who knew them both, Gingrich visited Jackie in the hospital the day after she had undergone surgery to treat her uterine cancer ; once there, Gingrich began talking about the terms of their divorce, at which point Jackie threw him out of the room.

Gingrich said of Jackie: "She's not young enough or pretty enough to be the wife of the President. And besides, she has cancer." [249] [250] Gingrich has denied saying it. [246] Following the divorce, Jackie had to raise money from friends in her congregation to help her and the children make ends meet; she later filed a petition in court stating that Gingrich had failed to properly provide for his family. [242] Gingrich submitted a financial statement to the judge, which showed that he had been "providing only $400 a month, plus $40 in allowances for his daughters.

Marianne Ginther [ edit ]

In 1981, six months after his divorce from Jackie was final, Gingrich wed Marianne Ginther. [252] [253] [254] [255] Marianne helped control their finances to get them out of debt. [256] She did not, however, want to have the public life of a politician's wife. [241] Gingrich's daughter Kathy described the marriage as "difficult". [257]

Callista Bisek [ edit ]

In 1993, while still married to Marianne, Gingrich began an affair with House of Representatives staffer Callista Bisek , more than two decades his junior. [258] Gingrich was having this affair even as he led the impeachment of Bill Clinton for perjury related to Clinton's own extramarital affair. [259] [117] Gingrich filed for divorce from Marianne in 1999, a few months after she had been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis . [260]

In August 2000, Gingrich married Callista Bisek four months after his divorce from Marianne was finalized. [263] He and Callista live in McLean, Virginia . [264]

In a 2011 interview with David Brody of the Christian Broadcasting Network , Gingrich addressed his past infidelities by saying, "There's no question at times in my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate." [254] [255] In December 2011, after the group Iowans for Christian Leaders in Government requested that he sign their so-called "Marriage Vow", Gingrich sent a lengthy written response. It included his pledge to "uphold personal fidelity to my spouse". [265]

You can't make this shit up !

And the icing on the cake ? trump made Calista (Newt's number 2 whore) diplomat to the Vatican ! jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Gordy327
Professor Expert
16  Gordy327    3 years ago

While I tend to think a government agency like an embassy should fly the US flag and possibly it's host nation's flag, it should not fly a gay pride (or any other such flag) as it is not a nation's flag. That said, I fail to see what exactly is "anti-American" about it.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
16.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Gordy327 @16    3 years ago

The POW/MIA flag is not a national flag either.  Do you have a problem with it being flown also?

Gordy327
Professor Expert
16.1.1  Gordy327  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @16.1    3 years ago

Not at all. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
17  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

I guess not everyone is allowed to have traditions, just straight folk ... according to Newt, one of the most immoral political cranks in existence.