╌>

Trump reveals he’s ‘100% thinking about running again’ in 2024

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  42 comments

The ex-president, now a private citizen in the Sunshine State, also proclaimed himself “the father of the vaccine” and said he deserved more credit for the US coronavirus response, argued that Mr Biden is “destroying our country”...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Ex-president gives clearest indication yet he plans to run for White House again

Former US president   Donald Trump   has given his clearest indication yet that he intends to run for the presidency again in 2024, saying he is “100 per cent thinking about running again” and promising: “We will be very successful.”

Mr Trump was speaking to   Maria Bartiromo   on   Fox Business   in response to Mr Biden’s address to Congress on Wednesday evening marking his first 100 days in the White House.

The new US president had described the opening months of his tenure as one of “crisis and opportunity”, declaring that “America is rising anew” and detailing his plans to revive the economy following the coronavirus pandemic and tackle the climate emergency in a sweeping speech.

The Republican Party’s official rebuttal to Mr Biden was already delivered last night by senator   Tim Scott   of South Carolina but Mr Trump wasted little time in calling in to his preferred network broadcaster to offer his version of events.

Asked by Ms Bartiromo whether he would consider Florida governor   Ron DeSantis   as his next running mate, after falling out with his former vice president   Mike Pence   in the final weeks of his first term, Mr Trump would only say that Mr DeSantis is a friend whom he has a lot of admiration for.

He told his loyal supporters to “have faith” in his failed Make America Great Again movement and bemoaned “ridiculous” political fundraising rules when pressed for more details of his future campaigning activities.

The ex-president, now a private citizen in the Sunshine State, also proclaimed himself   “the father of the vaccine”   and said he deserved more credit for the US coronavirus response, argued that Mr Biden is “destroying our country” with his policy on  immigration  at the US-Mexico border - warning falsely that “murderers” are flooding in from Central America - and said that it was “unfair” that federal prosecutors had executed a search warrant at the apartment of his former personal attorney  Rudy Giuliani , a grievance he returned to repeatedly.

But perhaps his most bizarre claim over the course of a characteristically long and rambling interview light on specifics was that Democratic lawmakers had appeared to be   “choking” on their face masks   during last’s night’s presidential address to Congress, noting that House speaker   Nancy Pelosi   was wearing one of the biggest he had ever seen.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Get ready for 3 1/2 more years of chaos, lies, idiocy, and insurrection. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

Oh, we are ready. That's why the 2022 midterms are going to be very ugly for the loon left.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

100% thinking about running again, eh?  That's Trump-speak for, "I deserve your money more than you do, so give till you're homeless."

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2    3 years ago

He does enjoy financing his lifestyle on the backs of his dimwit followers doesn't he? 

But it's not just about the money, he has to be the center of attention 24/7 and thats not happening right now. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.1    3 years ago

His rally sites may require full payment up front, because, as recently reported, didn't he stiff one of the sites for over $200,000?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.2.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2    3 years ago

100% thinking about running again, eh?  That's Trump-speak for, "I deserve your money more than you do, so give till you're homeless."

That was my thought as well.  He can't keep fleecing his followers without throwing down a crumb or 2.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.4  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Ozzwald @1.2.3    3 years ago

I could be wrong, but I think he is very serious. If he runs and wins he will say he pulled off the greatest political comeback of all time, and if he loses he will say the 2024 election was rigged against him, and 90% of his voters will believe him. He can't lose in terms of stroking his ego. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.4    3 years ago

How old is he?

Professor Guide
1.2.6  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.4    3 years ago

I don't know, John.  This falls in line with his usual fund-raising bs.  "Give me money so I can strike the devil down!"  He has had to return a large portion of the money he stole with the 'you need to uncheck the box so we don't steal you blind' grift.  Since he can no longer dangle a fake stolen election as a reason to give, he has to dangle the possibility of a 2024 run in order to squeeze more out of his supporters. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.2.7  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.4    3 years ago
I could be wrong, but I think he is very serious. If he runs and wins he will say he pulled off the greatest political comeback of all time, and if he loses he will say the 2024 election was rigged against him, and 90% of his voters will believe him. He can't lose in terms of stroking his ego.

You could be right, on the other hand his ego may not be willing to take a chance of losing again.  He may be able to convince his followers about election fraud, but he ( and his ego ) know there was none.  Trump's ego takes 2nd place to only his wallet.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.8  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.5    3 years ago

Trump will be 78 when the 2024 election takes place. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.8    3 years ago

Thanks.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.2.10  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.8    3 years ago

78 is way too old to be President. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.11  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2.10    3 years ago

Maybe Trump will be mature enough to be president when he's 178, ... nah, how about 278 ? 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.3  FLYNAVY1  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

Or more simply stated.... "The grift will continue until further notice....!"

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

According to one betting site, Ron DeSantis is the current favorite for the GOP nomination in 2024 and DeSantis carries no target on his back......yet.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    3 years ago

If Trump is a candidate DeSantis won't even run. 

Professor Guide
2.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    3 years ago
Ron DeSantis is the current favorite for the GOP nomination in 2024 and DeSantis carries no target on his back......yet.

Sorry Vic, but Trump only deals with people who have compromised histories.  DeSantis was such a boisterous Trump supporter that he must have some doosies in his closet.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.1  bugsy  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.2    3 years ago
he must have

So supposition at best

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  bugsy @2.2.1    3 years ago

Kinda like most of your comments

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.3  bugsy  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.2    3 years ago

Awwwww.......look who has nothing

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.2.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.2    3 years ago

Try all.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.2.4    3 years ago

lol

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.6  bugsy  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.2.4    3 years ago

Awwwww look who took more than 12 hours to come up with that one.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.3  bugsy  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    3 years ago

Oh, yes he does.

CBS 60 minutes tried to pin a donation from Publix to them getting to administer vaccines. That story blew up in theirs, and other liberal faces when it was noted that other pharmacies had been giving vaccines longer than Publix, and that Publix has also donated to democrats.

That is one....but it is very early.

They know he is the biggest threat to Obiden and sure as hell will beat the crap out of Harris, only only got 1 percent of the democrat support, and dropped out before the first vote was cast.

What will put the icing on the cake is if Trump endorses him and doesn't run himself.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
2.4  Gazoo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    3 years ago

”DeSantis carries no target on his back......yet.”

yet is the key word, libs will make up some crap to discredit him.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.4.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gazoo @2.4    3 years ago

CBS has already fired the first shot.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.4.2  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.4.1    3 years ago

yeah, that was crappy reporting in that hit job they ran

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3  Greg Jones    3 years ago

3 1/2 more years of article fodder for ya, John!

But seriously, I've had my fill of Trump. I suspect many, many, other right wingers feel the same way

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Greg Jones @3    3 years ago

But seriously, I've had my fill of Trump. I suspect many, many, other right wingers feel the same way

Most of us had our fill of him after his first month as POTUS.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

It might be a tad difficult to run a campaign from a prison cell

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @4    3 years ago

His priority will be bribing guards to sneak him Big Macs and Diet Cokes.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
5  pat wilson    3 years ago

He better run 'cause the law is coming for his fat ass.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
5.1  Gsquared  replied to  pat wilson @5    3 years ago

Exactly!  He's 100% thinking of going on the lam.

evilone
Professor Guide
6  evilone    3 years ago

I hope he does run. I hope he wins the Primary with the same viciousness he did in 2016. It will be another gift for the Democrats.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
6.1  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  evilone @6    3 years ago

Ugh. Don't curse us with having no one better please!

evilone
Professor Guide
6.1.1  evilone  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @6.1    3 years ago

Until conservatives can rid themselves of these alt+right populists within the party, we don't have anyone better. By extension there is also no one on the right to force the left to be better. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  evilone @6.1.1    3 years ago

eaxctly!

that comment is going to get my "liberal" card yanked

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  evilone @6    3 years ago

2024 - 2021 = 3 years

59 + 3 = 62. Shit. I'll probably still be living

Ender
Professor Principal
7  Ender    3 years ago

So Biden was too old to run according to donald supporters. donald will be the age Biden is and I can guarantee they will be hypocrites on the subject.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

Originally I was concerned that he would run in 2024 and hoped that legal proceedings would be brought that would prevent his ever holding public office again, but I've since rethought that, and I believe that as long as Biden stays the course and America finds itself flourishing again, and the Republicans don't succeed in passing too many laws that prevent people from voting freely, that he should run in order to guarantee a victory for Biden, and a victory for American Democracy and increase the International reputation of America.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
9  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

Trump Gaetz 2024!  Make America Suffer Again.