╌>

Anti-Semitic Hate Crimes Up in US by 14%

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  3 years ago  •  22 comments

Anti-Semitic Hate Crimes Up in US by 14%
Anti-Semitic incidents once again made up the majority of hate crimes based on religion.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

Anti-Semitic incidents once again made up the majority of hate crimes based on religion.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

The Anti-Defamation (ADL) League cautioned that the FBI’s numbers probably represent just a fraction of total hate crimes committed nationwide.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Krishna @2    3 years ago

represent just a fraction of total hate crimes committed nationwide.

All aided by a republican party that is embracing it as a way to stay in power......    

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1    3 years ago
represent just a fraction of total hate crimes committed nationwide. All aided by a republican party that is embracing it as a way to stay in power...... 

And they've been appealing to racism for some time.-- this is nothing new for them! 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1    3 years ago

But DEMOCRATS have the power, as progressives are wont to point out.

Is it just when it is convenient for you that the GOP has power, even though the Democrats are the majority?

Ya'll should decide on what stories you are going to tell and quit making it up as you go.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1    3 years ago
All aided by a republican party that is embracing it as a way to stay in power.....

At what point do you step back and say, I should probably take the tinfoil hat off? 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1.4  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.3    3 years ago

At what point will you ever admit to the truth Sean...?

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1.5  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.2    3 years ago

Is that how you "splain it" in your circles Tex?

Go take your BS to Stormfront where you have a sympathetic audience.   Your obfuscation of facts is tedious at best.    

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1.5    3 years ago

"Splain it"?

I obfuscated nothing. Don't let your imagination run amok.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.7  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.6    3 years ago

Amok?

Interesting choice of words:

Where does the phrase run amok come from?
Amok, or running amok, is derived from the Malay word mengamok, which means to make a furious and desperate charge. Captain Cook is credited with making the first outside observations and recordings of amok in the Malay tribesmen in 1770 during his around-the-world voyage.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.8  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @2.1.7    3 years ago
Interesting choice of words:

Or... was it perhaps merely a classic case of a "Freudian Slip"?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @2.1.7    3 years ago

Obfuscate:

Dictionary

obfuscate
[ˈäbfəˌskāt]
VERB
  1. render obscure, unclear, or unintelligible.
    "the spelling changes will deform some familiar words and obfuscate their etymological origins"
    synonyms:
    obscure   ·   confuse   ·   make obscure/unclear   ·   blur   ·   muddle   ·   jumble   ·   complicate   ·   garble   ·   muddy   ·   cloud   ·   befog   ·   muddy the waters

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.10  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @2.1.8    3 years ago

Freud's First Slip

Only 1 up vote?

(Well, I thought it was funny jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png )

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.11  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1    3 years ago

I don't think it's fair to just aim at the Republican Party when "The Squad" Democrats and Bernie Sanders himself could be antisemitic poster-people.  Don't forget how the Democrat Party "covered up" Ilhan Omar's outspoken antisemitism. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

Recently there's been a spike in Anti-Asian hate crimes in the U.S., and now it appears anti-Jewish hate crimes are increasing as well:

L.A. sushi restaurant attack is being investigated as an antisemitic hate crime

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    3 years ago

www.dailymail.co.uk   /news/article-9604689/Anti-Semitic-attacks-surge-40-PERCENT-Middle-East-conflict-continues.html

Anti-Semitic attacks surge by almost 40 PERCENT across the US as Middle East conflict continues

Andrew Court 9-12 minutes   5/21/2021

Anti-Semitic attacks are surging across the United States following an outbreak of violence between Israel and Palestine in the Middle East.  

The Anti-Defamation League reported almost 200 attacks on American Jews in the seven days from May 10 - the date that Hamas first fired rockets at Israel. 

That number represents an almost 40 percent increase on the 131 anti-Semitic incidents that were clocked in the US the week before. 

'As the violence between Israel and Hamas continues to escalate, we are witnessing a dangerous and drastic surge in anti-Jewish hate right here at home,' ADL CEO Jonathan Greenblatt said Thursday.   

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA 

The LAPD are investigating a link between two anti-Semitic attacks that took place on consecutive nights in the heavily Jewish neighborhood of Beverly Grove. 

On Monday evening, two cars bearing Palestinian flags chased down a 'terrified' Orthodox Jew before he ran to the safety of a nearby synagogue. 

Rabbi Abraham Cooper of the Simon Wiesenthal Center in Los Angeles said the father-of-six - who is too scared to be publicly identified - 'literally had to run for his life'.  

Jewish man flees as truck full of assailaints give chase

LOS ANGELES, MONDAY MAY 17:  Two cars bearing Palestinian flags chased down a 'terrified' Orthodox Jew before he ran to the safety of a nearby synagogue

LOS ANGELES, TUESDAY MAY 18:  Pro-Palestinian protesters were caught on camera brawling with diners at a kosher restaurant in the same neighborhood

LOS ANGELES, THURSDAY MAY 20: Rabbi Abraham Cooper of the Simon Wiesenthal Center denounced the dangerous uptick in violence during a press conference with LA Mayor Eric Garcetti

The following evening, pro-Palestinian protesters were caught on camera brawling with diners at a kosher restaurant in the same neighborhood. 

The protesters pounced after allegedly asking the patrons if they were Jewish. 

'We do believe that these two incidents are related, by some evidence that's available,' Dominic Choi, a deputy chief in the Los Angeles Police Department, said Thursday. 

He added said investigators have reached a 'critical point' in the cases. The FBI is also involved in the probe. 

MIAMI, FLORIDA 

Police in Miami have launched an investigation after a Jewish family were pelted with garbage and subjected to vile slurs as they left a synagogue. 

Eric Orgen was walking with his wife and daughter on Monday when a group of men slowed down their car and began yelling 'Free Palestine', 'Die Jew' and 'I'm gonna rape your wife'.

The harassers only stopped when a stranger in another car intervened, brandishing a gun to scare them off. 

'I mean he was almost there as our guardian angel just protecting us. I think once they saw him they just took off,' Orgen told   CBS12 News.   

It comes after a van was seen cruising through Miami earlier this week sporting Palestinian flags and the words 'HITLER WAS RIGHT' written across a side window. 

MIAMI, MONDAY MAY 17: Eric Orgen was walking with his wife and daughter on Monday when a group of men slowed down their car and began yelling 'Free Palestine', 'Die Jew' and I'm gonna rape your wife'

MIAMI,  SUNDAY MAY 16: A van was seen cruising through Miami earlier this week sporting Palestinian flags and the words 'HITLER WAS RIGHT' written across the window

MANHATTAN, NEW YORK   

Jewish people had fireworks thrown at them during competing pro-Israel and pro-Palestine demonstrations in New York City on Thursday night. 

A number of vehicles carrying people waving Palestinian flags and shouting racial slurs were captured on videos, driving through Manhattan's Diamond District, home to many Jewish-owned businesses. 

The NYPD's Hate Crime Task Force said it was investigating the assault of a Jewish man in Times Square, with video posted to social media purporting to show him being kicked as he lay on the street. He was taken to hospital with minor injuries. 

More than two dozen people were arrested in the skirmish. 

One Big Apple resident told   Fox News:  'My eyes are swollen from crying. This is not the New York City I recognize'. 

Another told the network:' Stop telling me this is about Israel and Gaza. My people are being targeted across the United States in broad daylight. This is textbook anti-Semitism, and we will continue to live in danger until the public starts to recognize it for what it is.' 

Meanwhile, Jewish man Joseph Borgen, 29, was hospitalized after being set upon by a group of pro-Palestinian protesters during the dueling demonstrations . 

Video shared to social media shows him being pushed to ground before he was kicked by multiple people.

'They were punching me, kicking me all over my body. I have bruises on my ribs, my back, all over... I got a slight concussion,' Borgen told FOX 5 following his release from hospital.

Man attacked in Times Square as Israel-Palestine protests continue

NEW YORK, THURSDAY MAY 20: Jewish man Joseph Borgen, 29, was hospitalized after being set upon by a group of pro-Palestinian protesters during the dueling demonstrations 

NEW YORK, THURSDAY MAY 20: Borgen is seen in the hospital after the attack on Thursday

Pro-Palestinians throw fireworks at pro-Israel supporters

NEW YORK, THURSDAY MAY 20: Pro Palestinian protesters burn the Israeli flag during a demonstration in Times Square

SKOKIE, ILLINOIS 

It is not just big cities where Jews have been subjected to the abhorrent attacks. 

On Sunday, one synagogue in Skokie, Illinois - a heavily Jewish town north of Chicago - had its windows smashed in. 

A man brandishing a Palestinian flag was caught on buildings security camera also leaving a pro-Palestine sign outside. 

The same day, a group of demonstrators chanted 'Intifada!'  (a cry for violence) across the street from Temple Beth Israel. 

One resident told Fox News that she is 'scared' to be visibly Jewish in the town - a particularly sad fact given that Skokie has long been a safe haven for Jewish. 

In the mid-1960s, more than half of its 65,000 residents were Jewish, and many were Holocaust survivors. 

SKOKIE, SUNDAY MAY 16:  On Sunday, one synagogue in Skokie, Illinois - a heavily Jewish town north of Chicago - had its windows smashed in. A man brandishing a Palestinian flag was caught on buildings security camera also leaving a pro-Palestine sign outside

TUCSON, ARIZONA

In Tucson, Arizona, a rock was thrown through a window of a synagogue on Tuesday morning. 

No one was injured, and the offender or offenders have not yet been found. 

It prompted an outcry from Democrat Rep. Alma Hernandez, who is Jewish.

'I'm a complete mess in tears as I write this. I just got off the phone with my Rabbi and our synagogue was vandalized. Someone through a rock at our glass door. This was NOT and accident! I feel numb,' she posted on Twitter. 

Hernandez believes the attack was designed to 'intimidate' members of the congregation. Jews only make up a small number of Tucson residents. 

SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH

A synagogue in Salt Lake City was vandalized with a swastika on Sunday morning, prompting outrage from the local community. 

Rabbi Avremi Zippel told local reporters: 'A swastika is not a political statement. A swastika is an image of hate. A swastika represents one thing and one thing only and that is death to the Jews'.

Zippel said politicians have not been vocal enough in condemning the surge in anti-Semitic attacks. 

'The silence surrounding the cheapening of Jewish blood is deafening and downright sad,' he told Fox News.  

Rabbi Cooper in Los Angeles even blamed some US politicians for inciting attacks on Jews with their anti-Israel rhetoric. 

'Political leaders like 'The Squad' and those who agree with them including influencers and entertainers and the media are giving a moral equivalency and parroting talking points of Hamas, a terrorist organization,' he stated. 

Anti-Semitic attacks in the United States were at near historic highs even before the recent eruption of violence in the Middle East. 

Last year, the ADL reported 2,023 anti-Semitic instances - the third-highest on record since they began tracking data back in 1979. 

But as the attacks now increase in both their frequency and brazenness,  many Jewish Americans fear a dark new chapter is not only on the rise, but has already arrived.  

• Copy link to paste in your message

'Political leaders like 'The Squad' and those who agree with them including influencers and entertainers and the media are giving a moral equivalency and parroting talking points of Hamas, a terrorist organization,' Rabbi Cooper stated  

Jewish diners and pro-Palestine mob clash outside LA restaurant

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @4    3 years ago
'Political leaders like 'The Squad' and those who agree with them including influencers and entertainers and the media are giving a moral equivalency and parroting talking points of Hamas, a terrorist organization,' Rabbi Cooper stated  

Some very prominent American figures have been praising supporters of terrorism for many years. (This from way back in 2019):

David Duke praises Rep. Ilhan Omar

Rep. Ilhan Omar, Minnesota Democrat, has an ally of a new stripe in the furor over her use of anti-Semitic tropes regarding Israel and its American supporters David Duke.

In a Thursday podcast at his site, the former Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard spoke out strongly in favor of the Muslim Congresswoman who has accused Jewish lawmakers of dual loyalty, attributed support for Israel to foreign money, and said Israel has “hypnotized” the world.

“By defiance to Z.O.G. Ilhan Omar is NOW the most important Member of the US Congress!” Mr. Duke wrote on hissite, using the acronym for “Zionist Occupation Government,” a term anti-Semites use to refer to the U.S. government as secretly controlled by Jews.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @4.1    3 years ago

Some very prominent American figures have been praising Rep. Omar & other supporters of terrorism for many years. 

This Klansman's support of racists like Rep. Omar should not be surprising, given what this Klansman said about Trump:

Former KKK leader David Duke: 'We won it for Donald Trump'

A former Ku Klux Klan leader – or 'grand wizard' – has suggested fascists had helped Donald Trump win the US presidential election.

David Duke , who once led the neo-Nazi, white-supermacist organisation, tweeted the claim on election night.

“This is one of the most exciting nights of my life,” Mr Duke wrote.

“Make no mistake about it, our people have played a huge role in electing Trump!”

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @4    3 years ago

Obviously my article on "Hatred - Ain't It Grand" is quite timely.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.2    3 years ago

Indeed.

Not only are hate crimes against Chinese-Americans skyrocketing, but quite recently attacks on Jews have been as well:

Jewish man attacked in a 'gang assault' in New York City

A 29-year-old Jewish man who was attacked in a "gang assault" in New York City told CNN's Don Lemon he just wanted to survive the attack and make it out alive.

(That's a CNN video, not YouTube)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.2.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @4.2.1    3 years ago

Thanks, I was able to watch it.  Although I spent much of my time over the years travelling through the USA, even with my brother owned a golf condo in Florida, I loved the country and always felt comfortable and safe there.  Lately I said I would no longer want to go to the USA because it's become a nation-wide shooting gallery, but now because of the hate crimes spiking a person would have to be a fool IMO to step into that country - what can all those illegal immigrants be thinking?  For sure I wouldn't want to take my Chinese wife there. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.2.2    3 years ago
Lately I said I would no longer want to go to the USA because it's become a nation-wide shooting gallery, but

Well, it isn't all that bad! As long as you're not Asian!

Well, also not Black. 

And more recently...a Jew.