╌>

New PAC Will Support School Board Candidates That Aim To Rid Public Schools Of Critical Race Theory

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  3 years ago  •  198 comments

By:   dailycaller

New PAC Will Support School Board Candidates That Aim To Rid Public Schools Of Critical Race Theory
A PAC called the "1776 Project" will aid school board candidates across the country who reject the introduction of Critical Race Theory (CRT) at public schools.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A PAC that launched Monday called the "1776 Project" will aid school board candidates across the country who reject the introduction of Critical Race Theory (CRT) at public schools, making it the first of its kind, Axios reported.

The PAC , started by political consultant Ryan Girdusky, aims to "reform our public education system by promoting patriotism and pride in American history" by "abolishing" CRT and "The 1619 Project" from public school curriculum, the PAC's website says.

Critical race theory and the 1619 Project have made their way through our public education system and now it's time to fight back.

That's why I've created the national super pac ever focusing on school board elections. The 1776 Project PAChttps://t.co/T7r4oz77dR

— Ryan James Girdusky (@RyanGirdusky) May 25, 2021

CRT holds that America is fundamentally racist, yet teaches individuals to view every social interaction and person in terms of race. Its adherents pursue "antiracism" through the end of merit, objective truth and the adoption of race-based policies.

The " 1619 Project " is made up of multiple stories and poems about racism and slavery. It suggests America's "true founding" was when the first slaves arrived in 1619 and "aims to reframe the country's history."

According to the website, "The 1619 Project" is being taught in 3,500 classrooms in the U.S. The PAC was officially formed in December but was open for donations Monday, Axios reported.

"Help us overturn any teaching of the 1619 project or critical race theory," the website says. "Let's bring back Patriotism and Pride in our American History."

Girdusky said he plans to focus on school board elections in North Carolina and Florida, according to Axios. Numerous states across the country have made moves toward banning the teaching of CRT in public institutions like schools and universities, while others have already passed legislation that effectively bans such instruction.

Idaho became the first state to prevent teachers or CRT facilitators from forcing students or other school staff to adopt the ideas in CRT. The bill prohibits schools from forcing students to adhere to the belief that "any sex, race, ethnicity, religion, color, or national origin is inherently superior or inferior," or that "individuals should be adversely treated" because of these characteristics. 

It also prohibits schools from compelling students to adopt the belief that people with certain racial, religious, or sexual characteristics are "inherently responsible for actions committed in the past" by other members of those same groups, a common feature of CRT training, reports have shown.

Multiple other states followed Idaho's lead. In May, Oklahoma passed a bill similar to Idaho's. The legislation drew condemnation from the Oklahoma City Board of Education , which denounced the law. One member said the law was intended to "protect white fragility" and another member called it "racist."

It looks like Texas is about to join Idaho, Tennessee, and Oklahoma in banning critical race theory. That's a great start, but we need to be more aggressive with pushing back against the cancer moving through our education system and reforming curriculum.
— Ryan James Girdusky (@RyanGirdusky) May 23, 2021

School districts and school boards across the nation have implemented CRT instruction for teachers and students, which is often the backbone of "antiracist" or "equity" initiatives schools have undertaken.

In early May, Virginia's largest public school system asked parents and other community members about their thoughts on how the school should approach teaching "anti-racism" as part of its new "Anti-Racism, Anti-Bias Education Curriculum Policy."

"Antiracism" training sessions often instruct students and teachers on how they benefit from white privilege or are oppressed by it, and educators have reportedly been told to teach CRT in their classrooms, although parents may not be informed that they're doing so. The programs are sometimes called "diversity, equity, and inclusion" trainings.

At Seattle Public Schools, teachers were told to explain how they would promulgate racial justice in the classroom, and white teachers were told to "bankrupt their privilege," a report showed.

At North Carolina's largest school district , administrators reportedly told teachers at a conference to "disrupt" whiteness and not let parents stand in the way of social justice instruction in the classroom.

Parents in many districts have fought back after learning of school efforts to introduce CRT into the curriculum. The School District of Palm Beach County said it would reconsider its "equity statement," which calls for "dismantling structures rooted in white advantage" after parents criticized it in May as divisive and racist.

Parents opposed to CRT instruction in Virginia's Loudoun County Public Schools launched an supporting a recall campaign that targeted six members of the school board.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

Americans finally fighting back!

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

No Vic..... It's white folk doing everything they can rather than to acknowledge historical truth.  Ignoring our history for the last 170 years hasn't worked.  How about we try talking about it to see if we can put it to rest?  America is an exceptional country, and it will be made more so if we can push through this issue.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1    3 years ago

How about we try talking about it to see if we can put it to rest? 

That won't work because the whole "theory" is a pack of lies to begin with.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.1    3 years ago

If you accept the fact that America has been historically racist , up to and including the present (even with considerable progress having been made) then critical race theory probably won't bother you. If you insist on the fantasy that racism was never that bad and now it is basically gone then you don't want to hear CRT. 

If whites had had a mass change of heart following emancipation in the 1860's we could have gotten over this national disgrace in that era instead of having this disease of racial prejudice linger for the next 160 years. 

Some people think now is the time and generation to deal with it once and for all. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.3  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.2    3 years ago

It will never go away if certain race hustlers keep playing the race card and end up deifying minority criminals. 

afb052521dAPR20210525054530.jpg

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.3    3 years ago

The low info voters are the ones who voted for #45.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Kavika   replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1    3 years ago

They are probably believers in the ''Replacement Theory'' and it scares the snowflakes.

evilone
Professor Guide
1.1.6  evilone  replied to  Kavika @1.1.5    3 years ago

I'm sure it's the same people that believe "Intelligent Design" is really science.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.8  JohnRussell  replied to  Kathleen @1.1.7    3 years ago

I wish one of you conservatives would post something concrete that shows that children are being taught they are horrible people for being white. 

We hear a lot of lip service claiming this is going on but very little in the way of examples. Show us something concrete. 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.12  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Kathleen @1.1.11    3 years ago

I will agree with you Kathleen..... What happens when a child is born into a racist family/environment?  Under those conditions, all you do is perpetuate the racist trend.

Trust me.... I've been to many a church where they teach the golden rule on Sunday where everyone becomes saved with all sins forgiven, but the exact opposite is true the other six days of the week....  How do we improve that situation?

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.13  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.1    3 years ago

So as usual, you have no answers, and refuse to acknowledge facts..... 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

Why do these folks want to white wash history?

Hallux
PhD Principal
1.2.1  Hallux  replied to  Tessylo @1.2    3 years ago

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

Reading the responses below to your seed is both hilarious and sad at the same time. A couple of examples.

Ignoring our history for the last 170 years hasn't worked.

Yet who is it pushing to rid the country of the past history by removing statues and flags and even names of buildings, streets, and even parks from the past?

How about we try talking about it to see if we can put it to rest?

All for it but leave your erasure lack of logic at the door.

And then this little gem that goes the way of erasure................

Why do these folks want to white wash history?

Great question. Why oh why DO you? See this above......"Yet who is it pushing to rid the country of the past history by removing statues and flags?"

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.3.1  Kavika   replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.3    3 years ago
Great question. Why oh why DO you? See this above......"Yet who is it pushing to rid the country of the past history by removing statues and flags?"

Probably because we don't feel that it's right to honor traitors, racists and murderers. Put them in a museum where they belong. If you want to honor them go to the museum. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.2  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.3    3 years ago

Why are you following me around and trolling me constantly?  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.3.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.3    3 years ago
Yet who is it pushing to rid the country of the past history by removing statues and flags and even names of buildings, streets, and even parks from the past?

If you get the chance, see if you can find this book at your local library.

9781250239266.jpg

In a forceful but humane narrative, former soldier and head of the West Point history department Ty Seidule's   Robert E. Lee and Me   challenges the myths and lies of the Confederate legacy—and explores why some of this country’s oldest wounds have never healed.

Ty Seidule grew up revering Robert E. Lee. From his southern childhood to his service in the U.S. Army, every part of his life reinforced the Lost Cause myth: that Lee was the greatest man who ever lived, and that the Confederates were underdogs who lost the Civil War with honor. Now, as a retired brigadier general and Professor Emeritus of History at West Point, his view has radically changed. From a soldier, a scholar, and a southerner, Ty Seidule believes that American history demands a reckoning.

In a unique blend of history and reflection, Seidule deconstructs the truth about the Confederacy—that its undisputed primary goal was the subjugation and enslavement of Black Americans—and directly challenges the idea of honoring those who labored to preserve that system and committed treason in their failed attempt to achieve it. Through the arc of Seidule’s own life, as well as the culture that formed him, he seeks a path to understanding why the facts of the Civil War have remained buried beneath layers of myth and even outright lies—and how they embody a cultural gulf that separates millions of Americans to this day.…

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.3.4  Greg Jones  replied to  Kavika @1.3.1    3 years ago
traitors, racists and murderers.

Who are you talking about? The whole Southern population, or just the Confederate soldiers?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.3.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.2    3 years ago

Don't flatter yourself. Only pointing out the obvious and if you will note, I didn't single you out. Just your continuation of another's bullshit comment. You're too easy.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.3.6  Kavika   replied to  Greg Jones @1.3.4    3 years ago

If they fought against the US then they are traitors and with slavery they were racists. 

Pretty simple.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.3.7  Greg Jones  replied to  Kavika @1.3.6    3 years ago

Uh...they had seceded. That muddied the waters a bit.

Those who mindlessly toss out political labels and resort to name calling are ignorant and easily confused

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3.8  Ozzwald  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.3    3 years ago

History is taught from books, from museums, in schools.  People are honored through monuments.  If you do not understand the difference, it is only because you willfully refuse to.  Only one party is attempting to alter school books to avoid the racism question.

"Yet who is it pushing to rid the country of the past history by removing statues and flags?"

And again, history is not taught by statues.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.9  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.3.5    3 years ago

It's not flattering, at all.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.3.10  Kavika   replied to  Greg Jones @1.3.7    3 years ago
Those who mindlessly toss out political labels and resort to name calling are ignorant and easily confused

They certainly are, you should take note of that since you might be guilty of doing that.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.3.13  JohnRussell  replied to  Kathleen @1.3.12    3 years ago

The only history that these Civil War statues are is the history of the Jim Crow era when they were all built. They were constructed mainly in towns where they wanted a reminder that the south was white man's country. 

These statues should have been removed decades ago. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.14  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.3    3 years ago

Oh, yes, that's their MO - either we accept their teaching our children that all whites are born racist and always will be/ that blacks have been held back or we are "whitewashing history."

It is comical in a way, in another it's disgusting.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.15  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.3.13    3 years ago
These statues should have been removed decades ago. 

Says who?

What gives you the right to decide?

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.3.17  Kavika   replied to  Kathleen @1.3.11    3 years ago

I don't know.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.18  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @1.3.8    3 years ago
Only one party is attempting to alter school books to avoid the racism question.

A LIE. One party is trying to teach racist dogma and it is officially the democratic party.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.20  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.18    3 years ago

Not a lie.  Democrats are not trying to re-write history.

School apologizes for stating falsely in yearbook Trump was not impeached

Richard Luscombe
Wed, May 26, 2021, 3:30 AM
A school principal in Arkansas has apologized for “political inaccuracies” in a yearbook falsely stating that Donald Trump was not impeached and that last year’s racial protests in the US were “Black Lives Matter riots”.

Josh Thompson, principal of Bentonville’s   Lincoln junior high school , admitted that some of the contents of the yearbook, which also included a photograph of the deadly 6 January insurrection in Washington DC captioned: “Trump supporters protest at the Capitol,” were “both biased and political”.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.3.21  JohnRussell  replied to  Kathleen @1.3.19    3 years ago

Thats nice. So what?  Statues of confederate civil war generals are not history.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.22  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.20    3 years ago

We are talking about critical race theory being taught in schools and the American people finally taking a stand!

The stand that Conservatives should have taken with the universities 60 years ago. We could have avoided this crisis had they had the backbone.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.23  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.3.21    3 years ago

And they are not for radical progressives and or Marxists to tear down.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.3.24  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.23    3 years ago

Im not a radical progressive or a Marxist and I would get rid of those statues of traitors in a second. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.25  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.3.24    3 years ago

It seems like you and only you gets to assign the characterizations. You call me an extremist and today you describe me as in a state of "panic."  One thing that you and a few others need to understand - if it's ok for you to make characterizations, it's all right for me to do it as well. I realize that fair play is not taught at UC Berkeley.

As to your adopted argument here, namely statues, it is kind of a strawman, don't you think?

The article, you see, is about the American people taking a stand against an elite minority trying to indoctrinate our children.

Any thoughts on that?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.3.26  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.25    3 years ago

You just got through saying the sesech southern traitors who wanted to preserve human slavery are better than the people who support critical race theory. 

You have to own your own words Vic . Hopefully the site will not protect you.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.28  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.3.26    3 years ago
You just got through saying the sesech southern traitors who wanted to preserve human slavery are better than the people who support critical race theory. 

That is correct John.

You have to own your own words Vic .

It's my pleasure and my right!.

Hopefully the site will not protect you.

You want me jailed too?  Yes, John that is exactly why the left is worse that the southern leaders.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.3.29  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.28    3 years ago
That is correct John.

If I continue on with you right now I will get my friend Perrie upset because she wants peace. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.30  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.3.29    3 years ago

The woman walks a tight rope between a dozen extreme leftists and myself. If you want to make trouble, she'll have to make one of those hard decisions. I don't care which way it goes, because I know she tries to be fair, unlike Marc Elias or Susan Rice. 

Sorry, you can't silence me with threats. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.31  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.30    3 years ago

What threats?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.32  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.31    3 years ago

(deleted)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.33  Tessylo  replied to  Kathleen @1.3.19    3 years ago

Very profound!  I never heard that before!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.34  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.32    3 years ago

What would I know about it?

Is this some QANon conspiracy you're talking about?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.35  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.33    3 years ago

See how educational NT can be...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.36  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.34    3 years ago
What would I know about it?

About what?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.37  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.35    3 years ago

Not here

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.38  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.25    3 years ago
"The article, you see, is about the American people taking a stand against an elite minority trying to indoctrinate our children."

What elite minority is trying to indoctrinate our children?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.39  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.38    3 years ago

Here look for yourself:

"Public schools and other educational institutions throughout the nation are pushing critical race theory on unsuspecting students.

Critical race theory is the claim that American institutions, laws, and history are inherently racist. It argues that white people have put up social, economic, and legal barriers between the races in order to maintain their elite status, both economically and politically. In fact, the source of poverty and criminal behavior in minority communities is due exclusively to these barriers."

https://www.realclearpublicaffairs.com/articles/2020/07/16/critical_race_theory_in_k-12_education_498969.html#!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.40  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.39    3 years ago

Complete and utter waste of time 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.41  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.40    3 years ago

Have a good one.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.3.42  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Kathleen @1.3.19    3 years ago
If you try to erase history you are doomed to repeat it. 

Removing monuments and memorials erected by bigots celebrating those who fought to conserve slavery is not erasing history. The 1619 project is not erasing history. Those who try and deflect and defend the confederacy by twisting the facts to make it seem like the civil war wasn't about slavery are the ones trying to erase history.

We do not need to erect monuments to Hitler to remember the atrocities the Nazi's committed. We do not need to fly swastika flags to remember the horror of the holocaust. You can see all the swastikas and Nazi memorabilia in history books and holocaust museums that focus on remembering the innocent lives that were taken instead of erecting larger than life bronze statues of Hitler or Nazi soldiers and the same should be said of the confederate Generals and soldiers who fought for their right to own other humans like cattle.

The confederates of the time knew what they were fighting for:

"The new Constitution has put at rest forever all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institution—African slavery as it exists among us—the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution." "Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite ideas; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition." - Vice President of the Confederacy Alexander Stephens March 21, 1861

That is true history straight from the horses mouth. Why should anyone support monuments and memorials to those who officially weren't even Americans anymore once they seceded. Above someone was claiming they weren't traitors because they had seceded but failed to acknowledge that means they were no longer Americans. Why would we put up memorials to non-American aggressors who attacked American soldiers and started a war with us when confederate troops fired on Fort Sumter April 12, 1861 less than a month after their Vice President declared that their "new government" was "founded" and "its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition"?

Why would we as a society today celebrate and honor such people? What history lesson is having larger than life statues of such folk supposed to teach us other than, perhaps, that if you're a massive bigoted racist you might get a statue of yourself erected someday in the town square? It seems far more likely that we would be "doomed to repeat" such conduct by celebrating the confederacy and what it stood for by flying confederate flags, defending confederate monuments and memorials to those who who their break from America and their attack on our soldiers as if that was a good thing.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.43  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.3.42    3 years ago

I am sorry Republicans haven't removed all those racist statues and monuments quickly enough after racist Democrats erected them.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.3.44  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.43    3 years ago
I am sorry Republicans haven't removed all those racist statues and monuments quickly enough after racist Democrats erected them.

It is sad that white Christian conservative Southern Republicans living in and controlling the governments in the South today seem to be the only ones defending and protecting the racist statues and monuments that those white Christian conservative Southern Democrats who lived in and controlled the South in the past erected.

One might wonder why they are so attached to these symbols of racism and the confederacy if they had nothing to do with them being erected or why Southern Republicans seem to be the only ones defending and flying the confederate flag and apparently cherishing their confederate heritage that used to only be flown by conservative Southern Democrats who cherished their confederate heritage. One might think they perhaps share the same confederate heritage and conservative ideology as the only thing that has apparently changed is the political party they register with. No matter how much some desperately try and whitewash it, a leopard cannot change its spots. If it looks like a conservative with a confederate heritage, talks like a conservative with a confederate heritage, protects racist confederate monuments and proudly flies racist confederate flags, then perhaps it really is a racist conservative confederate descendant regardless of what political party name they now ascribe to.

I know some dishonest Republicans love to throw out that "Democrat" name when trying to tie the modern Democrat party to the conservative Southern Democrats of over half a century ago, but that dog don't hunt. The only thing modern progressive liberal Democrats share with the conservative Southern Democrats from the past is the word "Democrat" which, as apparently some don't know, is a word that has been used by dozens and dozens of different political parties throughout our history. There was even once the Democratic-Republican party led by Thomas Jefferson, James Maddison and James Monroe.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.45  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.3.44    3 years ago

Democrats put them up, democrats loved them.

stop blaming the GOP for what Democrats did.

still cracks me up every single time some progressive attempts to make distinctions between their very own party members based on geography.

The Democratic Party was party to those statues and monuments. time to own it.

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
1.3.46  Duck Hawk  replied to  Greg Jones @1.3.4    3 years ago

Most of them fit the description. There were also poor white people who were in economic situations similar to the slaves. (indentures were still in effect in the south.) These people's only way to fell better about their situation was to do anything to make them selves better than the slaves, hence the racist attitudes and animosity to the slaves/former slaves. they spread this racism westward with the expansion of whites in the frontier and added it to the racism towards native Americans.

Hell, I witnessed this discrimination during my time stationed at Camp Lejeune, NC and when I lived in Durham, NC. (1993-1999)

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
1.3.47  Duck Hawk  replied to  Greg Jones @1.3.4    3 years ago

EVERYONE WHO TOOK UP ARMS OR SUPPORTED THE CONFEDERACY IS A TRAITOR TO THE U.S. they deserved death. IMHO

Just a thought from someone who has bled for this country.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.49  Texan1211  replied to  Veronica @1.3.48    3 years ago

no, that's just progressive left wing myth.

as evidenced by how long the south continued to vote Democrats into office.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.50  Texan1211  replied to  Duck Hawk @1.3.47    3 years ago

not to worry, they are all dead.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.52  Tessylo  replied to  Duck Hawk @1.3.47    3 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.53  Tessylo  replied to  Kathleen @1.3.51    3 years ago

jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

Thomas
Senior Guide
1.3.54  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.14    3 years ago
Oh, yes, that's their MO - either we accept their teaching our children that all whites are born racist and always will be/ that blacks have been held back or we are "whitewashing history."

It is comical in a way, in another it's disgusting.

It is comically disgusting the way that you try to spin subjects into something they are not in order to rail against the unfairness of it all. Your strawman falls down to reveal the pitiful man behind the curtain, sputtering in impotent rage at the masses becoming equal to him, no matter how much he rants and struts about his vanishing stage.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.56  Texan1211  replied to  Veronica @1.3.55    3 years ago

ooh, "people like me" .

except, of course, you can't even provide one bit of supporting evidence for your erroneous and hasty conclusions.

carry on

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.58  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Thomas @1.3.54    3 years ago

That's the truth and you can't refute it. Deep down a few here are much in favor of teaching just that.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.59  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.58    3 years ago

What truth?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.3.60  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.25    3 years ago

How dare you even try to get your seed back on topic?  Lol! jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.3.61  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.38    3 years ago

Secular progressive leftists 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.62  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.3.60    3 years ago

It is an effort having to deal with the trolling, taunting and strawmen, but somebody has to do it and I'm only too happy to do it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.63  Texan1211  replied to  Veronica @1.3.57    3 years ago

And your comments show a vivid imagination.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.3.64  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Kathleen @1.3.51    3 years ago
You do realize that there are many buildings built by slaves, including the White House and the Capital.

I do realize that, but is the White House or the Capital a monument built to honor those who refused to give up slavery and fought our own nation in order to protect what they saw as their right to own humans as cattle?

Do you wish to take all of those down as well?

Nope.

It will never end. Take this down, take that down...

So the defense for not taking down statues honoring known racists who gave up their right to be Americans by seceding and attacked American soldiers starting a war that led to hundreds of thousands of American soldiers losing their lives is because we don't know where the removal of such monuments will end? I haven't heard of anyone wanting to tear down the White House or the capital except for worthless piece of shit right wing conservative Trump supporters who attacked and vandalized our Capital on January 6th.

You are missing the point completely.

Nope.

Hitler was a monster, not civil war generals.

Yes, Hitler was a monster to most sane humans, and so were confederate generals who fought to conserve slavery and believed, like their VP said that "the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition".

Now there are some racist filth who celebrate Hitler and call him a hero, we saw some of those worthless dipshits flying their swastika flags at the Charlottesville tiki torch march as they were protecting a confederate monument side by side the other pieces of shit who believe confederate Generals were heroes shouting "Jews will not replace us!".

Even though I do not agree with what the south stood for

If you don't agree with what the South stood for, why defend their monuments? Why claim that their removal would somehow be forgetting history when it clearly wouldn't in any way? The only thing taking down the monuments to racists would do is send a clear message to racists that we do not celebrate racist who fought our nation in an effort to conserve their perceived right to own humans.

I feel that those situations were not the same. Slaves were treated horrible, but Hitler wanted to wipe out a complete race and take over the world.

Well that's nice, but why not ask the people who descended from those slaves how they feel about it? Why not ask black Americans how they feel when they walk through a park and look up at a 14 ft statue of a confederate General in some glorious victory pose who attacked America all so he and his friends could continue owning black people like livestock? Why should they bend to your opinion? Are those slaves descendants supposed to just sit down and shut up because you don't "feel" their "situation" should be compared to the holocaust?

How exactly do you parse, on the scale of good and bad, attacking your own nation leading to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of American soldiers so that you can continue to keep millions of humans who have been treated as livestock for hundreds of years and concluding that because it wasn't as bad, in your opinion, as the holocaust, then perhaps having a few thousand monuments to them should be fine and that those asking for their removal are just being "too sensitive"?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.66  Tessylo  replied to  Kathleen @1.3.65    3 years ago
No dear, you just don't get it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.67  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.3.61    3 years ago

You act like that's an insult.

How moronic!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.68  Texan1211  replied to  Kathleen @1.3.65    3 years ago

They seemingly never will, either.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.3.69  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Kathleen @1.3.65    3 years ago
Again, you just don’t get it.

Kathleen, I "get" your opinion, I simply disagree with it as I have explained. Apparently the questions I asked are too hard for some to answer so they resort to veiled insults and emojis.

Thomas
Senior Guide
1.3.71  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.58    3 years ago

That you have built a strawman? Yes. That is true. 

We can all see that the people not wanting the teaching of Critical Race Theory in schools so much that they would try to ban schools from the mere mention of CRT are the same type of people who did not want evolution taught in school: Scaredy cats who cannot defend themselves without lying and appeals to authority, and people who lack the courage of their convictions. Are you afraid that the children might find out that CRT actually has a point to make about society?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.74  Texan1211  replied to  Veronica @1.3.73    3 years ago

Wow, all those old Democrats became Republicans?

Prove it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.76  Texan1211  replied to  Veronica @1.3.75    3 years ago

yeah, I knew you couldn't prove what you claimed.

I am just shocked, shocked, I tell ya!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.4  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

It’s about time!  The 1776 PAC is well worth supporting.  It’s a very worthy cause.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.4    3 years ago

You bet. Now America is rising against woke hate!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4.1    3 years ago

What's 'woke hate'?  How ridiculous.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.4.2    3 years ago
What's 'woke hate'? 

How long have you been here?  Read some of the comments.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4.4  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4.3    3 years ago

All your comments?

Trotsky's Spectre
Freshman Silent
1.5  Trotsky's Spectre  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

'...reform our public education system by promoting patriotism and pride in American history...'

Translation: The upcoming US campaign for global subjugation necessitates broad ignorance about our past atrocities. Let's reform our public education system by promoting patriotism and pride in American history; that will make youths more susceptible to our human-rights imperialism propaganda manipulation.

Hallux
PhD Principal
2  Hallux    3 years ago

Cervantes would have a field day with this imposed 'republican' culture war as will probably the courts. Tilt away.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

Good. There's no place for racism in public schools. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    3 years ago

There's no place for racism in public schools. 

And that's exactly what this left wing '1619 Project' is.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

I notice no one even attempts to defend the reality of CRT when it comes up. Just the usual assortment of strawmen, ad hominin attacks   and the same tired cut and paste insults that progressives trash every thread with. 

But please, someone tell us why our students should be indoctrinated with  Marxist theory that replaces class with race.  Is teaching kids that  racism explains every outcome and that in the words of CRT's most famous proponent Ibrim X. Kendi

"The defining question is whether the discrimination is creating equity or inequity. If discrimination is creating equity, then it is antiracist. If discrimination is creating inequity, then it is racist. . . . The only remedy to racist discrimination is antiracist discrimination. The only remedy to past discrimination is present discrimination. The only remedy to present discrimination is future discrimination."

I've yet to see anyone defend how a theory that rejects individualism in favor of collective racial identity, believes that white racism is solely responsible for all injustice and inequality, and that racial discrimination  against white people moving forward  is justified is healthy to teach  kids or for the existence of a peaceful country.

CRT, like all Marxist thought, is essentially a religion. Earlier Marxists replaced God's will as the source of suffering by blaming class oppression. CRT replaces God and class with whiteness as the source of evil in the world.  Once the rich, or whites, are done away with, the world will achieve utopia.  This is why the head of an elite NY school admitted that CRT is demonizing white kids for being born.  CRT isn't about teaching kids that slavery was terrible or other facts. It's about teaching kids to subsume their identity in their race. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    3 years ago

You cherry pick a few instances here and there and try to formulate a massive marxist conspiracy that just doesnt exist. 

Read the article that Hallux linked to about CRT and why the Republicans are so hot and bothered by it. 

It explains the situation better than any of us here can. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    3 years ago

article that Hallux linked to about CRT and why the Republican

Exactly. The article focuses on Republicans and essentially ignores what CRT actually is. It's from the "Republicans pounce" school of journalism.  

Why don't CRT defenders defend it on it's own terms. Speak out for teaching kids that their race defines them. Speak out for teaching kids that racial discrimination against whites is justified.  Be honest about what CRT teaches kids. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    3 years ago
ou cherry pick a few instances here and there and try to formulate a massive marxist conspiracy that just doesnt exist. 

Why is this an ongoing battle throughout the nation?

[ deleted ]

The senile fool in the White House is pushing it:

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.2    3 years ago

We are becoming concerned about your daily escalating sense of panic. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.3    3 years ago

he will be just fine.

you have proven that being panicked is nothing to worry about.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.3    3 years ago
The evidence that the southern states seceded because they thought Lincoln would end slavery is literally overwhelming. 

Says the man who wants political enemies jailed.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.1.6  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.1    3 years ago
Speak out for teaching kids that their race defines them. Speak out for teaching kids that racial discrimination against whites is justified.  Be honest about what CRT teaches kids. 

CRT is a civil rights movement from scholars and activists who seek to critically examine our laws as they intersect with issues of race. These scholars examine social, cultural and legal issues as they relate to race and racism.

To put this in different terms, should we be offended by handicap parking spaces or the attempt in society to make most public spaces accessible for the disabled? In the last half century we recognized a problem with many disabled persons not being able to fully participate in public society because everything was built to cater to those without disabilities. So now we reserve often the closest parking spaces for those who have physical difficulty in getting from the back of a parking lot to public facilities like libraries, shopping areas, museums, court houses etc. We create ramps for wheelchairs, we create public restroom stalls that can accommodate them, sometimes we even have separate entrances they can use or brail plaques they can read or headphones with interactive descriptions. We go out of our way to allow everyone in our society to enjoy the benefits of living in our society.

Does that mean we are discriminating against the able bodied populace? Some could try to argue that way though most I believe would be ashamed of those assholes who did whine and complain about the disabled person getting a closer parking space than they did.

Critical race theory is simply recognizing the social and legal handicaps that have been historically forced upon minorities by the majority. For hundreds of years those handicaps were supported and condoned by the government itself that treated them as second class citizens or worse, livestock or a commodity that could be owned, bred, traded, abused and sold.

Critical race theory simply tries to be proactive in creating space and access for those who have been historically and systemically discriminated against. Instead of just saying "Okay, after hundreds of years of slavery and discrimination, white Christian society will get rid of any of the laws that allowed the government and business to continue such discrimination. Problem solved", critical race theory is proactive and says "Let's reserve a spot at the table for those who have been discriminated against and are now included in our success, have access to the schools, training, jobs and public spaces that they had been denied for so long."

That should not be seen as reverse discrimination, it should be seen as the least we could do as a society after hundreds of years of actively suppressing a minority population among us.

Now, such proactive measures like affirmative action should be a temporary fix used only until our society shows true integration and the results show little to no remnants of systemic racism and discrimination. But that means accepting and supporting it for decades instead of resenting it and gnashing your teeth like a privileged piece of shit bigot who can't stand the idea of a black American getting a spot reserved for them at the table even when 95% of the other seats are still taken by whites. Lashing out like an asshole at the disabled who get to cut in line or get special parking spots or lashing out at historically discriminated against black Americans who got a spot at a college or job due to affirmative action just shows how weak, miserable and insecure that asshole is.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.7  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.1.6    3 years ago

Your argument is to equate black people to the disabled? 

I know that's how many progressives view minorities, but to come out and say it surprising. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.7    3 years ago

jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif Is what you just said defined as willful ignorance?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.1.9  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.7    3 years ago
Your argument is to equate black people to the disabled? 

Black Americans have been historically disabled, not through any fault of their own, but by previously open and enabled racism and now continued systemic racism. To deny this is to be either woefully ignorant or to be just a worthless piece of shit white supremacist or closeted bigot who desperately wishes they could say openly how they truly feel about black Americans.

I know that's how many progressives view minorities, but to come out and say it surprising.

Progressives are stating the obvious, black Americans have been discriminated against, enslaved, segregated, denied equal rights and equal justice under the law for centuries, those are facts. They continue to live under the systemic racism that is blatantly obvious in our society and justice system. However, I know that's something that wouldn't be that obvious to some random dip shits who whine and complain about their own experiences claiming blacks discriminated against them in the past so that somehow makes it okay to be prejudiced and wipes out any injustice that black Americans experience. That's why the rest of us have to work harder to make up for the failings of the right wing dip shit white supremacists and those weaklings complaining of supposed reverse racism in a society built almost exclusively for white Christian males.

There are some disabled persons who don't like the labels, they don't think of themselves as "handicapped", they prefer "handi-capable". But even they recognize the challenges they face and the reality of a world built around those who don't face the same challenges. They're rarely aren't offended at the attempts made to make society more inclusive for them and to provide greater access for them to our public spaces.

Hallux
PhD Principal
4.2  Hallux  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    3 years ago

In case you have not noticed, pounding against CRT has become a religion.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @4.2    3 years ago

More of a Civic responsibility!

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.2.2  Sunshine  replied to  Hallux @4.2    3 years ago

Parents speaking out is a pounding?  We certainly can't have that going on.  /s

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.2.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  Hallux @4.2    3 years ago
In case you have not noticed, pounding against CRT has become a religion.

My bad.. I should have listed the pee wee Herman defense among the dodges progressives use to avoid actually defending the merits of CRT. 

Thanks for reminding me. 

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
4.2.4  Duck Hawk  replied to  Sunshine @4.2.2    3 years ago
Parents speaking out is a pounding?  We certainly can't have that going on. 

Racists parents perpetuating their beliefs on their children. Are they justifying their beliefs by resisting CRT? 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.2.5  Sunshine  replied to  Duck Hawk @4.2.4    3 years ago

[deleted]

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.3  cjcold  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    3 years ago

As with many other complicated concepts, the right wing understanding of CRT is way off base.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  cjcold @4.3    3 years ago
As with many other complicated concepts

It's complicated all right. So was the Castro regime.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.3.2  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.1    3 years ago

why does the left make everything complicated?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.3.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  cjcold @4.3    3 years ago

complicated concepts, the right wing understanding of CRT is way off base.

so you can't actually address CRT either.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @4.3.2    3 years ago

To confuse and obfuscate.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5  Sunshine    3 years ago

How about teaching just the facts instead of "theories"?

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1  Hallux  replied to  Sunshine @5    3 years ago

Facts are as malleable as are theories, neither are set in stone.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.1.1  Sunshine  replied to  Hallux @5.1    3 years ago

Historical facts are set in stone whereas theories about how those historical facts have affected racial inequalities is not.

CRT is an opinion.

The author of CRT admits this herself.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Sunshine @5.1.1    3 years ago
Historical facts are set in stone

That is not really true.  Names and dates are set in stone, and to a certain extent documents, but what those things really mean is up for analysis and interpretation. 

For example, millions of people thought that the Civil War was fought over states rights and not slavery.  The evidence that the southern states seceded because they thought Lincoln would end slavery is literally overwhelming. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.1.3  Sunshine  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.2    3 years ago
That is not really true.

How you wish to interpret the facts is your own opinion.

How can you say it isn't true and then state this?  jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Names and dates are set in stone, and to a certain extent documents, but what those things really mean is up for analysis and interpretation. 

Teach the facts in public schools and at home parents can teach CRT.  

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1.4  Hallux  replied to  Sunshine @5.1.1    3 years ago

"The author of CRT admits this herself."

Who might she be?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.2    3 years ago
That is not really true.  Names and dates are set in stone, and to a certain extent documents, but what those things really mean is up for analysis and interpretation. 

So in 40 years may there be another student revolt against the establishment. This one hopefully by the children of decent folk and may they correctly interpret what actually has been terror, division and injustice on the part of the left.

For example, millions of people thought that the Civil War was fought over states rights and not slavery.

Stop the Bull Shit. For most southerners it was!  Most didn't own slaves nor could care less. Grow up!

The evidence that the southern states seceded because they thought Lincoln would end slavery is literally overwhelming. 

The state leaders as opposed to the people living in those states. There are things worse than those who called for secession - starting with those in modern America who hate the country, hate whites and want to rip up the Constitution. That's coming next John.

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1.6  Hallux  replied to  Sunshine @5.1.1    3 years ago
Historical facts are set in stone

I guess that's why over 15,000 books have been written about Lincoln ... ?

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.1.7  Sunshine  replied to  Hallux @5.1.6    3 years ago

Well over 15,000 books have been written about Hitler too.  Do you have a point here?

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1.8  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.5    3 years ago
" ... by the children of decent folk"

Now there is an era of boredom I thankfully will not have to face.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.9  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.5    3 years ago
Stop the Bull Shit. For most southerners it was!  Most didn't own slaves nor could care less. Grow up!

Non - slaveowners didnt set confederate or secessionist policy.  What non-slaveowners thought is irrelevant. 

You make it too easy Vic. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.10  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.5    3 years ago
There are things worse than those who called for secession - starting with those in modern America who hate the country, hate whites and want to rip up the Constitution.

You are becoming unhinged. 

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1.11  Hallux  replied to  Sunshine @5.1.7    3 years ago

Yes, history is written at today's desk with today's perspective. Tomorrow it will be written with a future perspective.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.12  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @5.1.8    3 years ago

Have a good day.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.1.13  Sunshine  replied to  Hallux @5.1.11    3 years ago
Tomorrow it will be written with a future perspective.

Teach the perspectives in college where the mind is at least a little more developed for critical thinking.  

Teach the facts to children instead of contaminating the history and confusing young minds.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.14  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.9    3 years ago
Non - slaveowners didnt set confederate or secessionist policy.  What non-slaveowners thought is irrelevant. 

It is totally relevant. The southern soldiers mostly only knew one thing - they had been invaded.  Did you ever read Maryland's official policy at that time? I highly recommend that you do.

You make it too easy Vic. 

For what?  For you to give 2021 progressive interpretations of the Civil War period. It's not history John. It's an ideology based on victims & oppressors.

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1.15  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.12    3 years ago

I always do. You have one also.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.16  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.10    3 years ago
You are becoming unhinged. 

Says the man who went on a 4 year rant.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
5.1.18  1stwarrior  replied to  Sunshine @5.1.13    3 years ago

Sorta like this???

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1.19  Hallux  replied to  Sunshine @5.1.13    3 years ago

CRT is last year in high school ... is there some leap in mental development from there to college I'm missing?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.20  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @5.1.19    3 years ago

So in other words teach them what to think and if they are old enough they may be able to not believe what they are being taught?

Why not dispense with the propaganda altogether?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.21  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.14    3 years ago

Fortunately in recent years historians and others have fought back against the "Lost Cause" mythology that was taught to Americans for far too long. 

Hence the statue removals. 

There are very few if any serious historians who buy that states rights bullshit as the cause of the Civil War anymore .

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.1.22  Sunshine  replied to  1stwarrior @5.1.18    3 years ago

That is how 99.99% of our nation feels.  It is only the race baiters and haters that get the attention they seek. 

Certainly is more uniting than CRT.

People can be educated about racial/ethnic inequalities without degrading people.  I see you do it all the time.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.23  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.21    3 years ago
Fortunately in recent years historians and others have fought back against the "Lost Cause" mythology that was taught to Americans for far too long. 

Still holding up the strawman?

Hence the statue removals. 

There were violent mobs, who didn't just tear down southern statues.

There are very few if any serious historians who buy that states rights bullshit as the cause of the Civil War anymore .

How many of them are serious about teaching white children that they were born racist and always will be?

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1.24  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.20    3 years ago

How about we start with the propaganda in your seeds?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.25  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @5.1.24    3 years ago

I only speak truth, Kemosabe.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.26  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.25    3 years ago

When?

Where?

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.1.27  Sunshine  replied to  Hallux @5.1.19    3 years ago
CRT is last year in high school

The indoctrination starts early.  The tenets reach to our very young.

Children are not guinea pigs, and the regular perpetuation of experimental, agenda-driven mantras to youth stops just short of being cruel. Children deserve an unbiased education; one that does not include unhinged theories promoting dogmas that are not permitted their respective and proper scrutiny. 

And there is a leap from the final year of high school to college. Reason we don't see all our final year high school students enrolled in first year college.  Most are not mature enough to handle the responsibilities.

is there some leap in mental development from there to college I'm missing?.

Yeah, I guess you are

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.28  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sunshine @5.1.27    3 years ago

We are living with the results of decades of leftist filth being taught in the university. Now that it's reached our elementary schools (paid for with our tax dollars), people are beginning to stand up for their children.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.29  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.26    3 years ago

[deleted]

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1.30  Kavika   replied to  1stwarrior @5.1.18    3 years ago

If that is true why are the following acts in place AIFRA, VAWA and ICFA to name just a few. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.1.31  Sunshine  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.28    3 years ago

Unfortunately tax dollars go to those universities too.

Teacher, leave them kids alone.
We don't need no education
We don't need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Teachers, leave them kids alone

Ha!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.32  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.28    3 years ago

Leftist filth?  What was someone else saying about someone else becoming unhinged?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.33  Tessylo  replied to  Sunshine @5.1.31    3 years ago

Oh, how profound!  You're quoting from The Wall!

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.1.34  Sunshine  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.33    3 years ago

[deleted]

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.35  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  1stwarrior @5.1.18    3 years ago
Sorta like this???

Or maybe this.........................

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5.1.36  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.25    3 years ago

Vic, please do not use stereotype names. Thank you!

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1.38  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.25    3 years ago

Silver never believed a word of it. He had the Houyhnhnm sense to know it was Houyhnhnm shit.

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1.39  Hallux  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5.1.36    3 years ago

Kemosabe was what Tonto and the Lone Winger called each other.

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1.40  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.20    3 years ago

Not a problem, start with Sunday School.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.41  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @5.1.40    3 years ago

if you don't want to go to church, then just don't go. or allow your kids to go.

that way you won't be affected by the mean old church.

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
5.1.42  Duck Hawk  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.2    3 years ago

Sounds like what I was taught in college. (dual History/ Political Science majors) History is not completely "set in stone." As new information becomes available we alter our stances on historical events and people. It's called revisionist history.

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
5.1.43  Duck Hawk  replied to  Sunshine @5.1.13    3 years ago

So you would rather teach your children lies instead of the truth?

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.1.44  Sunshine  replied to  Duck Hawk @5.1.43    3 years ago
So you would rather teach your children lies instead of the truth?

What lies would that be?

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
5.1.45  Duck Hawk  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5.1.36    3 years ago

In the short time I've been registered on this site, (I lurked for about 14 years on NV and NT) I have noticed a problem of folks not crediting authors/artists when they quote or use song lyrics. (see Sunshine above, she is just the latest example of this) Is there any way to get people to provide credit when they quote these items?

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
5.1.46  Duck Hawk  replied to  Sunshine @5.1.44    3 years ago

You implied above that you would hold off on teaching CRT until children were older (senior year of HS or College). I've seen what this does to students who have to reconcile what they were taught in HS and at home VS what they are taught in College. Some can accept new facts while others close their minds to new information. Teaching children the truth about American History does not devalue that history but provides a more accurate perspective to view their own history and the history of this country.  For example: why do we not teach about the Trail of Tears and the Native American genocide? We teach about the holocaust in Junior High. (At least my kids got that.) Kids are smarter than you think and can make reasonable decisions about what they are learning. They can smell bullshit from a mile away. Plz don't take this as an attack on you or your beliefs.

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1.47  Hallux  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.41    3 years ago

I go to churches where the sermon is in a language I do not understand.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.1.48  Sunshine  replied to  Duck Hawk @5.1.46    3 years ago
You implied above that you would hold off on teaching CRT until children were older (senior year of HS or College). I've seen what this does to students who have to reconcile what they were taught in HS and at home VS what they are taught in College. Some can accept new facts while others close their minds to new information. Teaching children the truth about American History does not devalue that history but provides a more accurate perspective to view their own history and the history of this country.  For example: why do we not teach about the Trail of Tears and the Native American genocide? We teach about the holocaust in Junior High. (At least my kids got that.) Kids are smarter than you think and can make reasonable decisions about what they are learning. They can smell bullshit from a mile away. Plz don't take this as an attack on you or your beliefs.

CRT is a theory, so how can you say it is truth?

Where has anyone opposed teaching historical facts?

I have no problem teaching historical facts as the Trail of Tears.  

We teach about the holocaust in Junior High. 

I am sure the Holocaust is not a theory.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.49  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @5.1.47    3 years ago

that is really great to know.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.50  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @5.1.40    3 years ago
start with Sunday School.

Have you ever been there?   

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.51  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Duck Hawk @5.1.42    3 years ago
It's called revisionist history.

Obviously some ate it right up.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.52  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Duck Hawk @5.1.46    3 years ago

Where is the truth in whites being born racist??????

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.53  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sunshine @5.1.31    3 years ago

We await the day when a future President says teach leftist ideology and we deny funding.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.54  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.53    3 years ago

Sounds like you have a really really really really really long wait for that dude!

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1.55  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.50    3 years ago
Have you ever been there?

Yes, I left after 10 minutes for the adult section.

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1.56  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.51    3 years ago
Obviously some ate it right up

I'm sure some do, but what you seem to wallow in is Historical negationism :

pat wilson
Professor Participates
5.1.57  pat wilson  replied to  Duck Hawk @5.1.45    3 years ago
Is there any way to get people to provide credit when they quote these items?

I believe it's an item in the CoC. It's a legal matter for the site's owner/s.

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
5.1.58  Duck Hawk  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.51    3 years ago

A book written about the Civil War in 1876 is not going to have the same perspective as one written in 1976. The first is probably going to be written by a participant in the war and would probably only include their perspective. A book written later would include addition facts and or perspectives on the subject. THAT IS REVISIONIST HISTORY. Not making up some bullshit to suit your ideals. (see the Texas education system)

cjcold
Professor Quiet
5.2  cjcold  replied to  Sunshine @5    3 years ago

A scientific theory is as good as it gets. You must have meant hypothesis. 

Teaching students how to think is much preferable to teaching "facts" by rote.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.2.1  Sunshine  replied to  cjcold @5.2    3 years ago

The word is theory in Critical Race Theory.  

Are you stating that CRT is a scientific theory?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
5.2.2  cjcold  replied to  Sunshine @5.2.1    3 years ago

Tend not to deal in the soft social sciences such as involve CRT. I leave that to lesser humans.

I don't think on how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Prefer to focus on the hard, provable sciences based on the periodic table.

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.2.4  Hallux  replied to  Veronica @5.2.3    3 years ago

Did we wave to you?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
5.2.6  cjcold  replied to  Veronica @5.2.3    3 years ago

I do love watching experts dance the Tango! (Makes me feel frisky)

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.2.7  Sunshine  replied to  cjcold @5.2.2    3 years ago
Prefer to focus on the hard, provable sciences based on the periodic table.

Nice

cjcold
Professor Quiet
5.2.9  cjcold  replied to  Veronica @5.2.8    3 years ago

Damn near broke up a marriage once dancing the Tango with a friend's wife at the Playboy Mansion. She knew how to Tango!

cjcold
Professor Quiet
5.2.11  cjcold  replied to  Veronica @5.2.10    3 years ago

Had to hire an instructor to teach the boss/friend how to dance.

Much cheaper than him hiring somebody to kill me for dancing with his wife. She loved to dance.