╌>

D.C. Police Officer Gonell Slams Trump's Comments: 'I'm Still Recovering From Those Hugs And Kisses'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  3 years ago  •  50 comments

D.C. Police Officer Gonell Slams Trump's Comments: 'I'm Still Recovering From Those Hugs And Kisses'
Sgt. Aquilino Gonell criticizes Former President Trump for calling the rioters “a loving crowd,” saying “I’m still recovering from those hugs and kisses.”

Important related seeds:

1. Exclusive - January 6th Congressional Hearing Live

2. Trump Saw 'Love' And 'Kissing' During Violent Capitol Riot

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

When asked by Rep. Liz Cheney on his experiences during the January 6 riot, Capitol Police Officer Sgt. Aquilino Gonell criticizes Former President Trump for calling the rioters “a loving crowd,”

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

“I’m still recovering from those hugs and kisses.”

Officer Gonell forgot to use the /sarcasm tag-- should he be reported?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Krishna @2    3 years ago

Reported to who?

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

Recently, someone seeded this on NT-- about some of the things Lyin' Trump actually said about the January 6th insurrection:

Trump Saw 'Love' And 'Kissing' During Violent Capitol Riot

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

I am hoping that the wife of the officer who died also testifies what those hugs and kisses have done to her and her family.

Kavika
Professor Principal
5  Kavika     3 years ago

The front-line LEO's sure changed the RW narrative on nothing much happened. I love to see one of the useless Republicans go one up with one of these cops. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
6  bugsy    3 years ago

Although I fully decry the idiots that stormed the Capitol on Jan 6, and hope they get the justice they deserve, I am going to be honest and say this hearing today was nothing more than a scripted farce.

For instance, the guy second from the right kept referring to the rioters as terrorists. He said politics did not play a part in his testimony, but yet, he kept mentioning Trump flags and Confederate flags that were being flown and continuously blamed Trump for the riot, with no proof. Why, because leftists don't need proof. Their narrative was and will continue to be "it's Trump's fault". It is obvious that Pelosi had a hand in writing his statement, along with the big dude on the end, as he called the rioters insurrectionists. No officer in any other setting would refer to rioters in these manners. The second from the right had a hateful sneer on his face every time he said "terrorist". Totally scripted for affect.

The first guy, Gonell, said he compared that day to his time in Iraq. If that is the case, then he had a pretty easy time in Iraq. I didn't hear the guy with the beard, so I can't comment on what he said.

Hallux
PhD Principal
6.1  Hallux  replied to  bugsy @6    3 years ago

If you had a hard time at the office, went home and had a hard time there would it not be likely that you would find the latter to be worse?

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.1.1  bugsy  replied to  Hallux @6.1    3 years ago

If I was in Iraq and got shot at regularly, then went home and didn't, I sure as hell would not think the latter is worse.

Why would you?

Hallux
PhD Principal
6.1.2  Hallux  replied to  bugsy @6.1.1    3 years ago

I guess you need to talk to some veterans.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Hallux @6.1.2    3 years ago

Not this veteran.

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.1.4  bugsy  replied to  Hallux @6.1.2    3 years ago

Well, you told me in another post that I need to talk to myself, so I am. I am talking to myself, a 20 yer veteran.

Are you trying to tell me you think coming home to a peaceful environment is worse that being in Iraq? That's what it looks like.

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.1.5  bugsy  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6.1.3    3 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @6.1.4    3 years ago

[removed]

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6.2  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  bugsy @6    3 years ago

I think it’s clear that you had all this stuff queued up in your mind before you turned on the tv, then just applied it as needed.

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.2.1  bugsy  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6.2    3 years ago
I think it’s clear that you had all this stuff queued up in your mind before you turned on the tv, then just applied it as needed.

No, but it is absolutely clear that you and your friends already had it cued up in your minds that Truuuuuump did it. You are not allowed to think any other way. There is no "apply as needed". It's required in all responses.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6.2.2  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  bugsy @6.2.1    3 years ago

Your denial of reality is like the stuff of flat earthers.

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.2.3  bugsy  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6.2.2    3 years ago

[deleted]

My post stands as the truth.

Just because you don't like it is not my problem.

Hallux
PhD Principal
6.2.4  Hallux  replied to  bugsy @6.2.3    3 years ago

Subjective prejudice.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.5  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @6.2.3    3 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.2.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6.2.2    3 years ago

Never approach an elephant from the front, a horse from the rear, and a fool from any direction.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.2.7  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Hallux @6.2.4    3 years ago

Even if it had legs, it could not stand.

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.3  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @6    3 years ago
He said politics did not play a part in his testimony, but yet, he kept mentioning Trump flags and Confederate flags that were being flown and continuously blamed Trump for the riot, with no proof.

bugsy, are you seriously claiming that there is no proof that the insurrectionists flew Trump and Confederate flags? 

Why, because leftists don't need proof.

That's a pretty fucking ironic statement when a plethora of the GOP, INCLUDING Trump, have made utterly FALSE claims about 1/6. This isn't about a difference of OPINION, 'rightists' are LYING. 

It is obvious that Pelosi had a hand in writing his statement, along with the big dude on the end, as he called the rioters insurrectionists.

So YOU just proved that YOU don't need proof for YOUR statements bugsy. 

No officer in any other setting would refer to rioters in these manners.

The Capitol of the United States of America is a unique 'setting' since it is the seat of our government bugsy. Those who attacked THAT building with the intent to stop a Constitutionally mandated function of our government ARE insurrectionists. 

The second from the right had a hateful sneer on his face every time he said "terrorist". Totally scripted for affect.

Why do you have an issue with him calling a spade, a spade? 

The first guy, Gonell, said he compared that day to his time in Iraq. If that is the case, then he had a pretty easy time in Iraq.

If you aren't speaking from experience, you have no standing to form an opinion on that issue bugsy. 

I didn't hear the guy with the beard, so I can't comment on what he said.

Since most of your comment is based on unfounded 'opinion', why hold back now? 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.3.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Dulay @6.3    3 years ago
No officer in any other setting would refer to rioters in these manners

That officer earned the right to call them anything he wants.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.4  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @6    3 years ago

217612241_326350412524861_8893093323544889583_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=oa5U7B39-tMAX-ZwP-6&tn=ddyv9WRSVi2y4Anp&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=8b02fb4bf11ed2f426fe31a789ff9aef&oe=6127E877

JBB
Professor Principal
7  JBB    3 years ago

For the first time ever in our history the US did not have a peaceful transfer of power ladt January...

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.1  bugsy  replied to  JBB @7    3 years ago

How about that proof that ALL the rioters were Trump supporters?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
7.1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  bugsy @7.1    3 years ago

How about that proof that ALL the rioters were Trump supporters?

Think I saw a couple Klingons, but they'd be illegal aliens.

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.1.2  bugsy  replied to  Ozzwald @7.1.1    3 years ago

So not even the self tapped " come to the rescue" guy has any proof. Why is no one not surprised?

Dulay
Professor Expert
7.1.3  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @7.1    3 years ago

EVERY SINGLE one of the insurrectionists that have been arrested ADMIT to being Trump supporters. 

If YOU insist on polling ALL of the insurrectionists, I encourage YOU to encourage them to step forward and be interviewed by the FBI. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
7.1.4  Ozzwald  replied to  bugsy @7.1.2    3 years ago
Why is no one not surprised?

Because no one is going to respond to your amazingly inept "gotcha" question.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Ozzwald @7.1.4    3 years ago

You know the best way to irritate an ignorant asshole?

Ignore them

Krishna
Professor Expert
8  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

Why is no one not surprised?

If no one is not surprised...does that imply that someone is surprised?

Or is the opposite true?

(Grammatically, that's a double negative...a no-no for some people I know...but I'm not going to be petty and make a big deal about it)

bugsy
Professor Participates
8.1  bugsy  replied to  Krishna @8    3 years ago
but I'm not going to be petty and make a big deal about it)

But you did

Gsquared
Professor Principal
9  Gsquared    3 years ago

For republicans in Congress, Capitol Hill Police officers' lives DON'T matter.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Gsquared @9    3 years ago

Trump tarnished the importance of the MOH by awarding them to the likes of Rush Limpballs and other of his toadies.  It is time to bring back their true meaning by awarding them to these brave four officers who testified as well as every CPD member who put their lives on the line that day.  Sadly though, one would have to be awarded posthumously.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
9.1.1  Snuffy  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @9.1    3 years ago

Trump awarded the Medal of Freedom,  not the Medal of Honor, to Limbaugh. 

The Medal of Freedom is awarded and presented by the US President, to recognize those individuals who have made “an especially meritorious contribution to the security or national interests of the United States, world peace, cultural or other significant public or private endeavors.”  People can argue over the merits of anyone who was awarded the Medal of Honor as it's at the discretion of the President. 

Congress has a similar award for civilians called the Congressional Gold Medal. It is given out for the same reasons. As these police officers were protecting Congress I would suggest this would be a more appropriate honor if so awarded.  I see the House has submitted a bill to award 3 Gold Medals, but to organizations rather than individuals.  One to the US Capital Police, one to the DC Metropolitan Police Department and one for display at the Smithsonian. 

The Medal of Honor is awarded by Congress for conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of life above and beyond the call of duty.  This is an award that is typically only given to members of the US Military for actions taken while on active duty. Only eight civilians have ever received the Medal of Honor, most of them were scouts during the Civil War. No civilian has been awarded the MOH since the Civil War.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Snuffy @9.1.1    3 years ago

I stand corrected.  It was the MOF. Now foxtrot oscar.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @9.1.2    3 years ago

jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.1.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.3    3 years ago

jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
10  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

Sometimes I have to wonder if all this is even necessary.  The whole world heard what was said and watched what happened, I know I did even though I'm on the other side of the world from it.  In my opinion, every human being with a brain in their head and not being a Trump*sucker who heard the words and saw the chaos knows why it happened and who caused it.  And if the electorate lets the unprincipled money-grubbing politicians who are in denial get away with it at the midterms, I think the USA will have flushed itself down the toilet. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
10.1  Dulay  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @10    3 years ago

Buzz, we are in a country where a far too large percentage of people believe that NOT getting vaccinated is a way to 'stick it to the libs' and deny Biden a policy 'win'. 

It's utter insanity!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
10.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dulay @10.1    3 years ago

I never knew people before who had a death wish, but judging from the daily gun violence killing others is just an every-day pastime there.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
11  Nerm_L    3 years ago

The thin blue line is back!  And with a hearty defense of 'I feared for my life', no less.

The year of violence by BLM has all been wiped away; Democrats are clean once again.  The history was successfully rewritten with a made for TV event.

Credit goes to the star attraction.  These guys were better at following the script than is Joe Biden.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1  Tessylo  replied to  Nerm_L @11    3 years ago

Deflection, projection, denial.  

tenor.gif

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
12  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

The guy lied about Officer Sicknick for partisan purposes. 

Probably should be arrested for lying to Congress but that won't happen. 

Whoops. My bad. IT was Officer Dunn who lied. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
13  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

If what I just saw from MSNBC is true, Trump, Jr, Mo Brooks, and a dozen other congresspeople are so going down.  They all had hour long meetings to discuss how they were going to overturn the EV while dining on pigs in a blanket.  Brooks spoke prior to Trump at that rally saying to take names and kick ass.  He even wore body armor under his windbreaker.  He claimed that his actions were part of his job description.  The DOJ basically said no fing way is fueling an insurrection in his job description as a congressman and as a federal employee.  If Trump is disposed as it now seems likely, the TV ratings will be through the roof.  He won't answer questions.  He will instead push the big lie just as he always does.  He will also lie his ass off as to his involvement.

Veronica
Professor Guide
13.1  Veronica  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @13    3 years ago
He will also lie his ass off as to his involvement.

Hugely

Tessylo
Professor Principal
15  Tessylo    3 years ago

Nyet!