╌>

'I'm Done!' Trump Angrily Told RNC Chair He Was Leaving GOP in Final Hours of His Presidency Per ABC News

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  54 comments

By:   Ken Meyer (MSN)

'I'm Done!' Trump Angrily Told RNC Chair He Was Leaving GOP in Final Hours of His Presidency Per ABC News
An upcoming book on Donald Trump's last days in office says he threatened to leave the Republican Party during his final departure from the White House. The post 'I'm Done!' Trump Angrily Told RNC Chair He Was Leaving GOP in Final Hours of His Presidency Per ABC News first appeared on Mediaite.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

An upcoming book on Donald Trump's last days in office says the former president threatened to leave the Republican Party during his final departure from the White House.

ABC News' Jon Karl has released a new excerpt of Betrayal: The Final Act of the Trump Show, his book about how Trump's presidency ended in chaos and anger after losing re-election. The book alleges that as Trump got on Air Force One to leave Washington D.C. for the last time, he told GOP leaders over the phone that he would start his own political party, and he didn't care about the damage that would've done to the Republicans.

According to Karl's sources, RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel called Trump to wish him farewell on January 20th, but the call quickly turned into "a very un-pleasant conversation." It was in that conversation where the president and his son, Donald Trump Jr., reportedly chewed out the GOP for being insufficiently loyal to him, and that his leave-taking was his punishment for the party.

From the conversation, as per Karl:

"I'm done," Trump told McDaniel. "I'm starting my own party."

"You cannot do that," McDaniel told Trump. "If you do, we will lose forever."

"Exactly. You lose forever without me," Trump responded. "I don't care…This is what Republicans deserve for not sticking up for me"

Karl's book goes on to say McDaniel convened with RNC leaders after the call, and they responded by telling Trump that if he left them, "the party would immediately stop paying legal bills incurred during post-election challenges." The RNC also reportedly threatened to take control of Trump's email list valued at $100 million because of the money flow it facilitates.

Following that counter-threat, Trump reportedly abandoned his ideas of leaving the GOP. Both he and McDaniel denied the story to ABC though, with the former president grumbling that "ABC Non News and 3rd rate reporter Jonathan Karl have been writing fake news about me from the beginning of my political career…"

The book excerpt comes after previous reports have suggested Trump's interest in going third party, and that many Republicans would leave the partyto follow him if he did. Of course, Trump also has a well-documented historyof making threatsand promises where he doesn't actually follow through.

The post 'I'm Done!' Trump Angrily Told RNC Chair He Was Leaving GOP in Final Hours of His Presidency Per ABC News first appeared on Mediaite. Continue ReadingShow full articles without "Continue Reading" button for {0} hours. Microsoft and partners may be compensated if you purchase something through recommended links in this article.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago
"I'm done," Trump told McDaniel. "I'm starting my own party."

"You cannot do that," McDaniel told Trump. "If you do, we will lose forever."

"Exactly. You lose forever without me," Trump responded. "I don't care…This is what Republicans deserve for not sticking up for me"

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

Oh goodie - another "tell-tell" book by someone who has "intimate" knowledge that he heard from his neighbor's cousin's distant aunt's neice's boyfriend who used to cut his grass.

Luv these new "revelations".

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1    3 years ago
Oh goodie - another "tell-tell" book by someone who has "intimate" knowledge that he heard from his neighbor's cousin's distant aunt's neice's boyfriend who used to cut his grass.

The author of this book was the ABC News white house correspondent during the Trump presidency. 

What has happened to you? 

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Ender  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    3 years ago

Funny though, they will believe every little back corner tidbit they hear about Biden or any Dem...

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.3  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    3 years ago

And Bannon was what?  How 'bout all the other "staff" who have thrown their words to the wind about "stuff", real or imagined, that they saw/heard/wanna be true/popularity/money??

The consistent/constant TDS on this board is getting totally ridiculous - give it a rest - there are tons of other concerns/issue confronting us today that are a helluva lot more important.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.4  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.3    3 years ago

Dont comment to me anymore. I am tired of your endless nonsense when you comment to me. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.5  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.4    3 years ago

John - I can't lower my standards any further.  I'm beginning to think that logic isn't one of your fortes - possibly.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.6  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.5    3 years ago

For some reason , a few years ago you turned yourself into a Trump apologist.  Big mistake. I dont have any more interest in what you have to say. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.7  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.6    3 years ago

I believe and work with facts John.

The book alleges - supposition - no FACTS given

he told GOP leaders over the phone - So, Karl had access to listen to Trump/others phone conversations?

According to Karl's sources - none named - supposition

and his son, Donald Trump Jr., reportedly chewed out - telephone call that Karl was listening in on?

The RNC also reportedly threatened - where's the verification that Trump was threatened by anyone - supposition.

Trump reportedly - according to whom?

Way too many holes in the story John - but, you believe the non-existent, non-provable conversations, it's your thread and I am only listing my opinion based on LACK OF FACTS.

As I've told you MANY TIMES, I, personally, don't like the man - never have, never will, didn't vote for either of them and won't again in 2024.  Both are/were pathetic candidates and if that's the best that either party can come up with - jeeeezzzz - are we in for a world of hurt.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.8  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.7    3 years ago

Donald Trump is, and was in 2016, a known pathological liar, crook, bigot, moron, and cheat.  He was never for one second fit to be president of the United States. You have repeatedly made excuses for him over the past 6 years. Maybe you thought the Democrats were just as bad , that is your right, but I see it more as a vey bad lapse of judgement on the part of those who believe Clinton or Biden were just as bad as Trump. It is ridiculous. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.9  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.7    3 years ago

Karl works the same way all authors of political tell all books work, they interview people. 

"Unnamed sources" are as old as journalism itself. 

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
2  al Jizzerror    3 years ago

Trump behaves like a spoiled brat (as usual).

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1  devangelical  replied to  al Jizzerror @2    3 years ago

that worthless POS is incapable of speaking the truth.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3  Dismayed Patriot    3 years ago
Karl's book goes on to say McDaniel convened with RNC leaders after the call, and they responded by telling Trump that if he left them, "the party would immediately stop paying legal bills incurred during post-election challenges. The RNC also reportedly threatened to take control of Trump's email list valued at $100 million because of the money flow it facilitates. Following that counter-threat, Trump reportedly abandoned his ideas of leaving the GOP.

The best way to get a grifter under control? Threaten to take away his gravy train. Not like there was really any doubt as to what was most important to dishonest Donald, but this clearly dispels any notion that he was in it for the betterment of Americans. His hats really should have read "Make My Wallet Great Again!". Sadly he also proved that there are far more gullible suckers in America than anyone could have imagined. While I'm sure it was easy for him to con the poorly educated conservatives he loves so much, there were obviously plenty of supposedly educated wealthy conservative Americans who fell for his lies and continued to throw money at him.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
3.1  al Jizzerror  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3    3 years ago

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.1  devangelical  replied to  al Jizzerror @3.1    3 years ago

maga = morons and grifters association

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4  TᵢG    3 years ago

The quotes ring true.   Pure narcissism.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
4.1  al Jizzerror  replied to  TᵢG @4    3 years ago

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
5  Moose Knuckle    3 years ago

Who cares? The man was president for 4 years and it's over now. Did the mean tweets really hurt that bad? I'm over it.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Moose Knuckle @5    3 years ago
I'm over it.

Me too. Why some can't just let it go is beyond me. Perhaps fear that he may come back and straighten this shitshow out? How could anyone FEAR that? 

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
5.1.1  al Jizzerror  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1    3 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.2  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1    3 years ago
Why some can't just let it go is beyond me.

Well the explanation is easy.   Trump is currently the defacto leader of the R party and a presumed candidate for PotUS.    That alone justifies political commentary.   Then when you add the behavior of this miserable character it is obvious why people engage in critical discourse about the guy.

If Trump were to withdraw from the GOP and STFU you would not see this level of commentary.

Make sense?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5.1.3  Snuffy  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.2    3 years ago

Seems to me the easiest way the Democrats could insure that either Trump doesn't run again or if he does that he doesn't get the R nomination would be for the Democrats to start working on social media to get Trump his access back.  Let him back on to Twitter and see what he does to himself.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.4  TᵢG  replied to  Snuffy @5.1.3    3 years ago

That would be logical except for the fact that the R party defends and supports Trump no matter what he does or says.   The problem really is that the GOP did not distance itself from Trump and make room for a new leader to arise (hopefully one who is a decent human being).

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.2    3 years ago

OR...they could just pass seeds like this on by. Nobody said they have to comment

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.1.6  Greg Jones  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.2    3 years ago

TiG wrote: "Trump is currently the defacto leader of the R party and a presumed candidate for PotUS."   

Not a bit of credible evidence to support that assertion...or the topic of this article.

He makes a lot of noise, but only the mindless sheep media and some lefty idiots  are paying any attention.

As far as a new leader arising....give it a few months

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.7  TᵢG  replied to  Greg Jones @5.1.6    3 years ago
Not a bit of credible evidence to support that assertion...or the topic of this article.

You do not believe that Trump is the defacto leader of the GOP??

You do not believe that Trump is presumed to be a candidate for PotUS in 2024?

Really?

So who is the defacto leader of the GOP if not Trump?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.1.8  Greg Jones  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.7    3 years ago

Right now....no one.

He's simply not electable nationally.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.9  TᵢG  replied to  Greg Jones @5.1.8    3 years ago

I see.    LOL    You believe the GOP has no defacto leader.  

Okay, Greg, then we really should not be seeing Trump endorsements as news, Trump events taking place, the media (all of the media) referring to Trump as the leader of the R party, etc.

The evidence does seem to suggest that Trump is the defacto leader of the GOP.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.10  TᵢG  replied to  Greg Jones @5.1.8    3 years ago
He's simply not electable nationally.

I agree with this, but that does not have any bearing on being the defacto leader or presumptive candidate for 2024.   He can be both of those things and not be nationally electable.

However, he should be neither of those things if the GOP were, collectively, thinking rationally (and strategically).

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.11  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.9    3 years ago

The day after the Virginia election last week , Trump's son Eric was on a tv interview where he said that the results were a victory for Trump. 

Trump is running for president, in slow motion, right now. I just laugh at the right wingers who say he is in the past. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.1.12  Greg Jones  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.10    3 years ago

Give it time...before they start speaking up

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.13  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.11    3 years ago

He has to get through the primaries first FFS. NOTHING is pointing to him getting the nod of the country three fucking years from now. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.14  TᵢG  replied to  Greg Jones @5.1.12    3 years ago

Greg, if you have observed my posts, I have been calling for the GOP to distance themselves from Trump since he launched his Big Lie con-job.   That event, in and of itself, is sufficient to illustrate Trump's abysmal character and his willingness to do damage to our nation simply because he cannot handle being a recognized loser.

Trump is an infection of the GOP (has been since he rose to the presumptive nominee status in 2019).   The GOP's smartest move is to detach the Trump parasite and start healing.   The actual steps required for that include rallying behind a new leader and doing whatever they can to prevent Trump from representing the GOP in the future.

I do not see the GOP doing this.   That bothers me greatly because our nation needs at least three major parties and the GOP is wasting an opportunity to get back on track.   I do not know what, other than time (decades) will help the GOP get past the lack of credibility it brings upon itself with its continued support of Trump.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
5.1.15  1stwarrior  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.7    3 years ago

As far as a new leader arising....give it a few months

Think Greg's comment doesn't need explaining, eh?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
5.1.16  1stwarrior  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.13    3 years ago

Jim - the TDS crowd HAS GOT to keep Trump in the forefront 'cause they have absolutely NO ONE qualified either.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.17  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.13    3 years ago
He has to get through the primaries first FFS.

Trump will destroy the reputation of any Republican opponent. In any case you havent noticed he neither tells the truth nor fights fair. 

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.18  Ender  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.13    3 years ago

FFS we have people on this board saying they would vote for him....

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.19  TᵢG  replied to  1stwarrior @5.1.15    3 years ago
Think Greg's comment doesn't need explaining, eh?

I think so.   What is going to happen in a few months given it has been over a year now since Trump lost the election.   I expected the GOP to drop Trump when he engaged in his Big Lie, I figured the insurrection would put the cherry on top.   But, no, it is November, 2021 and Trump is very much still the GOP leader.

Please explain to me what will happen in the new few months to change this and why it has not happened thus far.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
5.1.20  1stwarrior  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.19    3 years ago

Never got into soothsaying - can't help you.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.21  TᵢG  replied to  1stwarrior @5.1.20    3 years ago

I was making that point that Greg's comment does indeed need explaining.   Since you cannot explain, I suspect you see my point.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
5.1.22  1stwarrior  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.21    3 years ago

And you don't understand that NONE of us can foresee the future.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.23  TᵢG  replied to  1stwarrior @5.1.22    3 years ago

I understand that.   But you informed me that Greg's prediction did not need an explanation.   Since I too cannot see the future, I would like to know how things are going to change over the new few months given the election loss occurred over one year ago now.  

So if none of us can foresee the future are you suggesting that Greg does not know what he is talking about?    If not, then is it unreasonable for me to ask for an explanation of his prediction?   After all, it is not obvious to you or me how his prediction will manifest. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.24  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ender @5.1.18    3 years ago

We also have people on this board that say they'd vote for Mr. Biden again. Tough shit. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.25  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.11    3 years ago
"The day after the Virginia election last week , Trump's son Eric was on a tv interview where he said that the results were a victory for Trump."

I heard that they're calling for recounts in a lot of these elections where the gqp have been winning and I think that's a fantastic idea!  I mean they can hardly complain, right?  Some of these races were really tight, I mean it's only fair, make sure these gqp members won it fair and square.  It would be the first time.  

No problem right gqp?  Alleged conservatives?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.26  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.11    3 years ago
"Trump is running for president, in slow motion, right now. I just laugh at the right wingers who say he is in the past."

The sheep are allowing themselves to be fleeced constantly by this thug/grifter/thief/conman

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.2  devangelical  replied to  Moose Knuckle @5    3 years ago

[deleted]

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.2.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  devangelical @5.2    3 years ago

With the millions of half-empty heads stuffed in it I doubt Trumps rectum will ever regain its original size...

" 59 percent of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents say that believing Trump won the 2020 election is "important" to being a Republican"

Apparently most Republicans are not "over it", they're still deeply entrenched in Trumps bowels.

JBB
Professor Principal
6  JBB    3 years ago

original

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
8  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

I hope he does leave the R party.  We would not have to worry about 2024 as he can't be nominated as a candidate from his ass kissing counterparts.  If he does start his own party, most likely the party of MAGA, there is no way for him to get on the next ticket.  Between this and him telling the maga's not to vote in 22 and 24, the Dems will take control of both houses as it should be.  I am not saying that the Dems are perfect, but they are preferable.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
8.1  MonsterMash  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @8    3 years ago
I am not saying that the Dems are perfect, but they are preferable.

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9  Tessylo    3 years ago

'I'm Done!' Trump Angrily Told RNC Chair He Was Leaving GOP In Final Hours Of His Presidency Per ABC News"

Of course that big fat lying pig turd lied about that too, like everything else.