╌>

Marcus Lamb, anti-vaccine Christian broadcaster dies after Covid battle

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sandy-2021492  •  3 years ago  •  71 comments

By:   Tim Fitzsimons (NBC News)

Marcus Lamb, anti-vaccine Christian broadcaster  dies after Covid battle
Marcus Lamb, co-founder and CEO of the conservative Christian Daystar Television Network who vocally opposed Covid vaccines, has died at age 64, weeks after

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Nov. 30, 2021, 10:44 PM UTC / Updated Nov. 30, 2021, 11:26 PM UTC By Tim Fitzsimons

Marcus Lamb, co-founder and CEO of the conservative Christian Daystar Television Network who vocally opposed Covid vaccines, has died at age 64, weeks after contracting Covid-19, according to the network.

"It's with a heavy heart we announce that Marcus Lamb, president and founder of Daystar Television Network, went home to be with the Lord this morning," said a tweet Tuesday from the network. "The family asks that their privacy be respected as they grieve this difficult loss. Please continue to lift them up in prayer."

The Christian broadcaster's son, Jonathan Lamb, filled in for his father on a Nov. 23 Daystar broadcast and beseeched listeners to pray for his father's recovery from Covid.

Speaking to viewers from Lamb's hospital bedside via telephone, Marcus Lamb's wife, Joni Lamb, said, "With this thing, it's kind of like riding a roller coaster."

"It's like, you'll just be up and everything's great, and then you have a little lull, and then you come down low and then you come back up, but from everybody that I talk to — I think that's the pattern," she said.

"We can really feel the prayers of the people," Joni Lamb said, thanking viewers for their prayers.

"Pray specifically for his lungs to clear the Covid pneumonia and pray for his oxygen level to continue to be strong and to go up so that we can wean him off of oxygen and bring him home," she said.

Jonathan Lamb described his father's Covid infection as "a spiritual attack from the enemy" to "take down" Marcus Lamb.

The network has dedicated hours of broadcasts to anti-lockdown and anti-vaccine individuals and groups.

In July 2020, the Lamb family devoted an hour of their broadcast to "censorship" around the Covid pandemic, featuring misinformation group "America's Frontline Doctors."

In May 2021, Daystar broadcast an hour-long program with Robert F. Kennedy Jr., whose famous family denounced his anti-vaccine views in May 2019 and who was recently banned by Instagram for posting Covid-19 vaccine misinformation.

Vaccines remain the safest and most effective way to prevent the worst outcomes of Covid-19, with a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention study finding in September that they were still largely able to stop hospitalization in people infected with the highly contagious delta variant, and a British study finding that the vaccinated are less likely to spread the virus if they do become infected.

In light of the emergence of omicron, a new variant of concern that is spreading rapidly in southern Africa, the CDC on Tuesday strengthened its advice on Covid-19 booster shots, saying all eligible adults should get one. Adults ages 18 and older become eligible six months after their initial Pfizer or Moderna series, or two months after getting the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

In recent months, a number of prominent anti-vaccine Christian broadcasters have died from Covid-19. Conservative radio hosts Dick Farrell, Phil Valentine, and Marc Bernier, who were unvaccinated, all died after contracting Covid.

Tim Fitzsimons

Tim Fitzsimons is a reporter for NBC News. he/him

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1  seeder  sandy-2021492    3 years ago
Jonathan Lamb described his father's Covid infection as "a spiritual attack from the enemy" to "take down" Marcus Lamb.

jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1  Kavika   replied to  sandy-2021492 @1    3 years ago
"a spiritual attack from the enemy" to "take down" Marcus Lamb.

Sounds a lot more like stupidity rather than some make-believe ''spiritual attack from the enemy''. Who might that be, the devil, the deep state?

shona1
PhD Quiet
1.1.1  shona1  replied to  Kavika @1.1    3 years ago

Anoon...yep thinning the herd again...the only attack was from the virus that seeks out the unvaccinated as its first choice..and it won again...

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  cjcold  replied to  Kavika @1.1    3 years ago
Who might that be, the devil, the deep state?

Darwin.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
1.1.3  al Jizzerror  replied to  cjcold @1.1.2    3 years ago
Darwin.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2  devangelical  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1    3 years ago

bfd. karma. tough shit. weren't these 2 thumpers the center of an open marriage sex scandal too?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.1  devangelical  replied to  devangelical @1.2    3 years ago

I googled daystar sex scandals. joni's husband had an outside hobby for a few years. he came clean on live TV instead of paying the $7.5 million blackmail. Joni's dad got tagged for sexual harassment at daystar a little later. kind of sounds like they're singing the praise and glory when the cameras are on, and getting hummers off air.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.2  seeder  sandy-2021492  replied to  devangelical @1.2.1    3 years ago

And these are the people from whom some right wing Christians take their cues on  morality and health.

I just don't get it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.3  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.2    3 years ago

Those phonier than thou types are always the one caught with their pants down

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.3  Gordy327  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1    3 years ago

Sounds like the stupidity apple drops straight down from the stupid tree.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3.1  devangelical  replied to  Gordy327 @1.3    3 years ago

let me help interpret thumper for you.

wannabe popstar mom can't carry the show by herself. our gravy train has derailed and we have a lot of embarrassing bills to pay.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.3.2  Gordy327  replied to  devangelical @1.3.1    3 years ago
let me help interpret thumper for you.

It's all Greek to me jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3.3  devangelical  replied to  Gordy327 @1.3.2    3 years ago

do you mean the language, or catholic birth control?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.3.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @1.3.3    3 years ago

Wouldn't that be Roman?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3.5  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.3.4    3 years ago

something was roaming to wind up there.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

Good for him.  He sped up his journey to the Jesus meet and greet.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1  devangelical  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2    3 years ago

there could be a few red flags on that particular divine application for admittance...

charger 383
Professor Silent
3  charger 383    3 years ago

I do not understand this.  There is a serious disease, a cure has been developed. lots of money was spent on the cure but you don't have to pay for it, they will give it to you for free. 

The current President and the one before him both got the vaccine, it is not going to hurt either one if you get the shot.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1  TᵢG  replied to  charger 383 @3    3 years ago
I do not understand this.

Not sure anyone can explain how some (so many even) people can come to believe something in spite of all facts to the contrary.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2  Sparty On  replied to  charger 383 @3    3 years ago

I  agree but i draw the line at being forced to be vaccinated.   Same concept as allowing a person to get an abortion.   As abhorrent as that might be to some, it's no ones business but the person that owns the body in question.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @3.2    3 years ago

You're a Marine, aren't you? Did they forcibly vaxx you in basic training? Walk down a line with medics with shot guns in their hands, hit you in both arms, and walk out bleeding?

Were you asked if you wanted the vaxxes?

evilone
Professor Guide
3.2.2  evilone  replied to  Sparty On @3.2    3 years ago
I  agree but i draw the line at being forced to be vaccinated.

I have yet to see anyone being held down and forced to be vaccinated. I'd agree with you were that to happen it would be a step too far. If you are talking about work requirements to get vaccinated then I don't agree with you. I turned down many lucrative jobs because of drug testing. I wasn't worried about passing one, it was the principle of it. Anyone not wanting to get vaccinated (or subject to routine testing) as a job requirement can stick to their principles and find alternative employment.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.3  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2.1    3 years ago
You're a Marine, aren't you?

Yep.

Totally different and i bet you know that.

We signed freedoms like that away when we signed on the dotted line.   Civilians don't, at least not yet.

That said, when i got vaccinated i did so as soon as possible with two main things in mind.

First was to protect family, friends and coworkers.   Second was because if all that shit they shot me up with in the Corps didn't kill me i was pretty sure this one vaccine wouldn't either.

I agree that people who don't get vaccinated are being selfish imo but i defend their right to do so.   I bet deep down you do as well but i could be wrong on that.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.3    3 years ago
Totally different and i bet you know that.

Would you believe that I forgot GIs don't get choices?

First was to protect family, friends and coworkers.  

Good for you. I did it for selfish reasons...I didn't want to die.

Second was because if all that shit they shot me up with in the Corps didn't kill me i was pretty sure this one vaccine wouldn't either.

LOL! I know, right!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.5  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2.4    3 years ago

God know what they were shooting into us but we feared the field rations they gave us more than the enemy.  

Some of that shit was older than we were.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.5    3 years ago

I was Air Force so we didn't do field exercises. The day we did the Obstacle Course they gave us MRE's. meh. Then when I was in Alaska, the med group did a 3 day field exercise where we had a mass casualty the last day after all the training we got on wound management, patient carries, ect. Saturday dinner was MRE's. meh

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.7  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2.6    3 years ago

MRE's or C's?   Lucky you if you had MRE's.  

Some the C rations were absolutely terrible.   We were eating early 50's era rations in the late 70's, early 80's.

Just one more way the Corps slipped the big green weenie to us.

jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.7    3 years ago
Some the C rations were absolutely terrible.   We were eating early 50's era rations in the late 70's, early 80's.

Gross. I'm surprise none of you got food poisoning.

We ate MRE's. I enlisted in 1987 so I think you Marines had eaten all the leftover C-rats

evilone
Professor Guide
3.2.9  evilone  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.7    3 years ago
MRE's or C's?  

While in Germany in the Army in 84 - 86 when we did field exercises we often had hot meals for breakfast and dinner and MRE's for lunch. It was the hot chow hall food that was trying to kill us. Apparently the military was sold beef tainted with Mad Cow Disease from England and we are restricted from donating blood. We were also exposed to Chernobyl radiation that may, or may not have gotten on local vegetables.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.10  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2.8    3 years ago
I enlisted in 1987 so I think you Marines had eaten all the leftover C-rats

Yep, we always got the Army's hand-me-downs .......

Never got food poisoning but for the TMI moment of they day, there was some really interesting stuff coming out the two hole at times.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.11  Sparty On  replied to  evilone @3.2.9    3 years ago

See, our chow halls tended to be pretty good.    Navy/Marine chow hall food was usually pretty good.   

If our field exercises were large enough we could get hot chow but that was really hit and miss.   The advantage i had was i didn't smoke and some of the C's came with a little pack of smokes.   Four to a pack as i recall.   One of the few good things about C's.   I traded those suckers for the better rations most every time.   Sad thing was, the cigs were so old and dry they lasted like two pulls.

But those guys were usually jonesing for a smoke so bad they would trade anything for a smoke

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
3.2.12  Freefaller  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2.8    3 years ago
Gross. I'm surprise none of you got food poisoning.

Lol C's were packed in so much salt and other stuff they couldn't go bad

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.13  Trout Giggles  replied to  Freefaller @3.2.12    3 years ago

I bet you were constantly looking for your canteen

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
3.2.14  Freefaller  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2.13    3 years ago

Now that you mention it I did drink more then, too bad they later discover our canteens contained a cancer causing agent jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.15  Trout Giggles  replied to  Freefaller @3.2.14    3 years ago

I don't think anyone gets out of the Armed Forces with some health condition

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.16  Sparty On  replied to  Freefaller @3.2.14    3 years ago
too bad they later discover our canteens contained a cancer causing agent

News to me .... you have a link to share on that?   I looked and didn't find anything that supports it

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
3.2.17  Drakkonis  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.3    3 years ago
That said, when i got vaccinated i did so as soon as possible with two main things in mind.

I pretty much did it for no other reason than, why not? Someone has to be the guinea pig. Still don't have a clue as to whether the shot actually helps or not and don't care much. It either does or doesn't. But, like you, the military stuck so much crap in me over twenty years the covid shot was basically a big meh. 

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
3.2.18  Drakkonis  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.7    3 years ago
Some the C rations were absolutely terrible.

Yep, but remember that chocolate cookie thingy? And I loved that eggs and ham breakfast. And don't forget K rations. 

I remember when the first MRE's came out. Had to rehydrate some of the meat. Like rehydrating a dishwashing scrubbing pad, only it tasted worse. 

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
3.2.19  Freefaller  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.16    3 years ago
you have a link to share on that?

Nah it was just something we were told back in the late 80's and were issued with new plastic canteens.  Note I'm not part of the US forces

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.20  Trout Giggles  replied to  Drakkonis @3.2.18    3 years ago

I thought the cheese and crackers were good. Bonus if you got that slab of ham in the bag

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.21  Sparty On  replied to  Freefaller @3.2.19    3 years ago

Yeah, i remember that but it's been pretty much disproven.  

At least the cancer causing Dioxin part

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
3.2.22  Freefaller  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.21    3 years ago

That's good

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.23  Sparty On  replied to  Drakkonis @3.2.18    3 years ago

The shit disk, tropical "chocolate" that was like 95% wax, 4% Toffee and 1% Chocolate.   And that was one of the good things you could get.  

Remember the little bundle of TP that came with it.   That was pretty hilarious as well.  

Maybe we need to start a military rations seed.   Might be entertaining.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
3.2.24  Drakkonis  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2.20    3 years ago
I thought the cheese and crackers were good. Bonus if you got that slab of ham in the bag

OMG! I forgot about those! LOL. 

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
3.2.25  Drakkonis  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.23    3 years ago
The shit disk, tropical "chocolate" that was like 95% wax, 4% Toffee and 1% Chocolate.

Oh my goodness! I think I ruptured something. That's exactly what it was! 

Remember the little bundle of TP that came with it.

And the little can opener??

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.26  Sparty On  replied to  Drakkonis @3.2.25    3 years ago

P-38 ..... otherwise known as a?

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
3.2.27  Drakkonis  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.26    3 years ago

Not coming to mind. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2.28  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.26    3 years ago

Number of times you urinate after drinking a 12 pack of cheap beer?

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
3.2.29  Drakkonis  replied to  Drakkonis @3.2.27    3 years ago

All this makes me think, though. If we all last another 20 years, we'll probably be saying things like, remember when guns used to shoot bullets? 

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
3.2.30  Drakkonis  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.26    3 years ago

The memories. Holy cow. I remember basic training. Bivuak. They brought breakfast out to us in those mermite food containers. The eggs were green, the bacon had a passing acquaintance with some sort of heat source above ambient temp so wasn't technically raw. Pancakes were actual pancakes. The South Carolina January rain leached whatever heat any of it had and you didn't care. Shoveled it down as fast as you could and wished there was more. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.31  Sparty On  replied to  Drakkonis @3.2.27    3 years ago

John Wayne .... at least that's what we called it in the USMC.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.32  Sparty On  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.2.28    3 years ago

You better go see a doctor dude .....jrSmiley_7_smiley_image.png

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
4  al Jizzerror    3 years ago

Marcus Lamb was run over by by his Karma.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1  devangelical  replied to  al Jizzerror @4    3 years ago

I'm guessing now he wishes he didn't have that man patch in hell.

JBB
Professor Principal
5  JBB    3 years ago

Pity...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

Where Have All The Flowers Gone?

Where have all the flowers gone, long time passing?
Where have all the flowers gone, long time ago?
Where have all the flowers gone?
Young girls have picked them everyone.
Oh, when will they ever learn?

Where have all the young girls gone, long time passing?
Where have all the young girls gone, long time ago?
Where have all the young girls gone?
Gone for husbands everyone.

Where have all the husbands gone, long time passing?
Where have all the husbands gone, long time ago?
Where have all the husbands gone?
Anti-vaxxers every one

Where have the anti-vaxxers gone, long time passing?
Where have the anti-vaxxers gone, long time ago?
Where have the anti-vaxxers gone?
Gone to graveyards, everyone.

Where have all the graveyards gone, long time passing?
Where have all the graveyards gone, long time ago?
Where have all the graveyards gone?
Filled by damn fools, everyone.

devangelical
Professor Principal
7  devangelical    3 years ago

watching science deniers getting their asses kicked by science is hilarious. knowing that the majority are anti-vax freedumb lovers is the icing on the cake. at this rate of dirtnaps for dipshits, any number of boosters is worth it.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8  MrFrost    3 years ago

What a fool...

Leper Messiah
Spineless from the start
Sucked into the part
Circus comes to town
You play the lead clown
Please, please, spreading his disease
Living by his story
Knees, knees, falling to your knees
Suffer for his glory
You will
Time for lust, time for lie
Time to kiss your life goodbye
Send me money, send me green, heaven you will meet
Make a contribution and you'll get a better seat
Bow to Leper Messiah
Marvel at his tricks
Need your Sunday fix
Blind devotion came
Rotting your brain
Chain, chain, join the endless chain
Taken by his glamour
Fame, fame, infection is the game
Stinking drunk with power
We see
Make a contribution and you'll get the better seat
Bow to Leper Messiah
Witchery, weakening
Sees the sheep are gathering
Set the trap, hypnotize
Now you follow
Make a contribution and you'll get the better seat
Lie, lie, lie, lie, lie, lie, lie, lie

Tacos!
Professor Guide
9  Tacos!    3 years ago

I’m sure this was just an incredible coincidence.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
9.1  seeder  sandy-2021492  replied to  Tacos! @9    3 years ago

No, no.  "The enemy" attacked him spiritually, and disguised the spiritual attack as a virus that is currently pandemic so we wouldn't know.  It was a stroke of genius on the part of "the enemy".  The perfect crime.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
9.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  sandy-2021492 @9.1    3 years ago

Isn’t it amazing how the enemy is simultaneously stupid and also Lex Luther levels of diabolically brilliant?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
10  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

You know, you've got to admire a guy who sticks to his principles.  Marcus Lamb was a guy who would NEVER allow himself to be vaccinated against the virus even if it killed him, and it did. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
10.1  devangelical  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @10    3 years ago

another dead thumper grifter, zero loss.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.2  TᵢG  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @10    3 years ago

Beliefs can be incredibly strong forces ... even the irrational ones.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11  Trout Giggles    3 years ago
Please continue to lift them up in prayer."

Ummmm....no

devangelical
Professor Principal
11.1  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @11    3 years ago

lift them up with a punt to the bollocks.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
12  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

Whose decision was it to remove the ventilator?  Asking for a friend.

devangelical
Professor Principal
12.1  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @12    3 years ago

10 to 1 says it's the mrs.

payback for an emotional relationship at daystar that turned inappropriate 11 years ago. praise the lord.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
13  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

Covid it would seem can fix stupid.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
13.1  al Jizzerror  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @13    3 years ago
Covid it would seem can fix stupid.

Yep.

Similarly, overdoses cure addiction.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
14  Tessylo    3 years ago

258803687_271298008435114_8068501658155067492_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_rgb565=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=MKRZHHBfdvgAX_xgYE-&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=82e1adef5b14703a99f5d4db29ea3441&oe=61ACDB2E