╌>

Trump cancels January 6 press conference

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  2 years ago  •  32 comments

By:   Kathryn Watson

Trump cancels January 6 press conference
"...I am canceling the January 6th Press Conference at Mar-a-Lago on Thursday, and instead will discuss many of those important topics at my rally on Saturday, January 15th, in Arizona—It will be a big crowd!"

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Former President Trump has canceled a January 6 press conference he was scheduled to hold at his Mar-a-Lago home, he announced in a statement Tuesday.

The ex-president had planned to reiterate his unfounded claims of mass voter fraud in the 2020 election on the one-year anniversary of the assault on the U.S. Capitol. The assault followed a rally Trump held in Washington, D.C., and weeks of Trump falsely asserting the election was rigged. Instead of a press conference, the former president said he'll instead address the issues he intended to discuss at a rally in Arizona on January 15.

"In light of the total bias and dishonesty of the January 6th Unselect Committee of Democrats, two failed Republicans, and the Fake News Media, I am canceling the January 6th Press Conference at Mar-a-Lago on Thursday, and instead will discuss many of those important topics at my rally on Saturday, January 15th, in Arizona—It will be a big crowd!" Trump said in an email message. 

In his statement, the former president asserted — without evidence — that the House committee investigating the Capitol riot is engaged in a coverup and asked why it was not instead investigating "the fraud of the 2020 Presidential Election." Multiple investigations, including one by Trump's own Department of Justice, have found no evidence of widespread voter fraud in the 2020 election.

The former president's press conference would have come the same day President Biden will deliver remarks to mark the anniversary of the attack, during which he is expected to condemn the violence of January 6 as an attempt to overturn democracy. White House press secretary Jen Psaki on Tuesday said the president will address "the truth of what happened, not the lies that some have spread since, and the peril it has posed to the rule of law and our system of democratic governance." Psaki said the president will also commemorate the members of law enforcement who protected the Capitol that day. 

Three more law enforcement officers on Tuesday sued the ex-president over the events of January 6. The ex-president often touted his support for law enforcement during his presidency. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    2 years ago

He was responsible for what happened on 6 January 2021.  The press conference, which he has been calling a rally until recently, would have been nothing but endless bragging, blaming, and blabbing endlessly about the same old bs and nonsense.  Any brief reference he might have made in regard to the insurrection would have been insulting to the true patriots of this country, and more than likely inappropriate for what should be considered a somber occasion.  Kudos to the person who talked him out of it.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    2 years ago

I was hoping it was still on with the only reporter there a sixth grader assigned by their school paper.

Professor Guide
1.1.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1    2 years ago
I was hoping it was still on with the only reporter there a sixth grader assigned by their school paper.

Too hilarious!

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    2 years ago
Kudos to the person who talked him out of it. 

the army of lawyers he's now employing to defend himself and his defective spawn probably threatened to walk if he opened his big mouth about it, which is sad, because that scumbag moron would have incriminated himself even further.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.1  Krishna  replied to  devangelical @1.2    2 years ago
the army of lawyers he's now employing to defend himself

Wait 'till they found out they ain't gonna get paid!

Professor Guide
1.2.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @1.2    2 years ago
the army of lawyers he's now employing to defend himself and his defective spawn probably threatened to walk if he opened his big mouth about it, which is sad, because that scumbag moron would have incriminated himself even further.

Good point.

On a related note, it was reported last November that the RNC had been paying some of Trump's legal bills.  Of course the expenses had to be filed as per campaign finance rules and regs, but I bet some donors were less than thrilled to learn how some of their contributions were being used.  source

Professor Guide
1.2.3  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Krishna @1.2.1    2 years ago

I bet more than one firm demanded hefty retainer fees.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.2    2 years ago
"the army of lawyers he's now employing to defend himself and his defective spawn probably threatened to walk if he opened his big mouth about it, which is sad, because that scumbag moron would have incriminated himself even further."

That's what I was counting on.  He just can't keep his big fat yap shut.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Tessylo  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2.3    2 years ago
"Wait 'till they found out they ain't gonna get paid!"

"I bet more than one firm demanded hefty retainer fees."

You bet your ass.  Who would take his word that he would pay them afterwards?  LOL!  Look at demented Ghouliani.  SUCKER!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.2.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2.3    2 years ago

Considering his former moron lawyers (ie - Rudy and Powell) and the now moron lawyers he hired, their retainers should only be around 10 bucks.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1.2.7  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2.2    2 years ago

I bet some donors were less than thrilled to learn how some of their contributions were being used.

I don’t.  They exposed their IQ when they donated in the first place.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.2.8  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @1.2.7    2 years ago

If Trump were to rip off every magat out there, not a tear would I shed.

Professor Guide
1.2.9  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @1.2.7    2 years ago
They exposed their IQ when they donated in the first place.

jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

I also remember campaign donations being used to fund Kimberly Guilfoyle's lavish birthday party last year at Mar a Lago in 2020.  source  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.10  Tessylo  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2.9    2 years ago

What a skank!  I wonder how much she charges trumpturd Jr. for a BJ?

I bet daddy and jr. rode that train at her birthday party.  

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1.2.11  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.10    2 years ago

I bet daddy and jr. rode that train at her birthday party.  

jrSmiley_30_smiley_image.gif   Please pass the brain bleach.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.2.12  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.10    2 years ago

If it is more than a quarter, he is getting overcharged.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
1.2.13  al Jizzerror  replied to  Krishna @1.2.1    2 years ago

Many of Trump's legal bills will paid by the Retrumplican Party.

The Party has agreed to pay up to $6.5 million of Trump's legal fees (so far).

I love it because that's millions that won't be spent trying to gain control of Congress.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.2.14  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @1.2.7    2 years ago

I wonder how they feel about their tax dollars being used by the RNC to pay his legal bills.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
2  MrFrost    2 years ago
It will be a big crowd!

Of course it won't be. His, "get vaccinated" comment lost him a 1/3 of his base. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  MrFrost @2    2 years ago

His crowds were already diminishing prior to that.  The Proud Cut Boys and a lot of his sheeple who got fleeced (pardon the pun) have already written him off.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.2  devangelical  replied to  MrFrost @2    2 years ago

[removed]

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.3  devangelical  replied to  MrFrost @2    2 years ago

[removed]

Professor Guide
2.3.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @2.3    2 years ago
and white-collar criminals.

They probably love him more than anyone.  I wonder what the odds are that he received kickbacks from the $millions$ in tax breaks he finagled for the wealthy and assorted big businesses while he was in office.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.3.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.3.1    2 years ago

I never accept a sucker bet.  Of course they did.  That is why Trump got them the breaks.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.3  Tessylo  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.3.2    2 years ago

That was the only reason - they paid him to get what they wanted.  

CB
Professor Principal
2.4  CB  replied to  MrFrost @2    2 years ago

And Donald got TAMBIEN BOOSTED!  Now those Trump supporters are down (and out) by three shots! Totally exposed to the virus, while Donald fecklessly watches them crowd around his 'sterile' platform to stare into his vaccinated and boosted face!

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     2 years ago
I am canceling the January 6th Press Conference at Mar-a-Lago on Thursday, and instead will discuss many of those important topics at my rally on Saturday, January 15th, in Arizona—It will be a big crowd!"

He could have been worried that the Mar-a-Lago ''rally'' would turn out like the History Tour with Bullshit Billy, a flop.

But on to AZ where the bizarre recount ended up with Biden getting more votes.

Walking Eagle Trump, so full of shit he can't fly.

CB
Professor Principal
5  CB    2 years ago

Personal note: The article image selection would look 'exactly right' in history books as future scholars discuss the uniquely ridiculous and ignominious 45th president who tried to topple the world's leading democracy into a low-grade dictatorship!

They caught HANNITY (of Sean) red-handed texting his worries about Trump's January 6, actions and reactions. Sweat is finally popping. . . . If you feel any 'shifting' motions beneath you it might be a few FOX NEWS opinion anchors crashing and burning to the ground: Hold up! Here comes another one. . . .

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  CB @5    2 years ago

I was up watching ABC news early this morning and one of their big stories was Hannity trying to get Mark Meadows to stop trmp constantly talking about the "stolen election". He said it was hurting the "message" or something like that. It was 3 AM

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @5.1    2 years ago

I saw that, too funny since Trump has said that Hannity was wrong and he was right. 

Trump lives in a delusional world much like his followers on NT. It's why he is known as ''Walking Eagle'' so full of shit he can't fly.

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.2  CB  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.1    2 years ago

HANNITY (Sean) has been caught along with the other "big shit' liars red-handed. It is remarkable (isn't it?) how deceitful some conservatives are! Apparently, lies and deceit occurs when their eyes are open and lips are moving! (And it happens here, too.) Nothing sways the some conservatives here - truth be damned! They have their narrative (lies and deception) and they think to blow smoke and steal EVERYTHING from fair-minded citizens in the real world and online, both!

If a Trump supporter tells you it is raining outside—look outside for yourself! LIES! LIES! DECEIVERS!  Trump's republicans and conservatives time and time again demonstrate they have limited respect and limited honor.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
8  Paula Bartholomew    2 years ago

AZ needs to grow a pair and deny his Big Lie rally.