╌>

80% of serious COVID cases are fully vaccinated' says Ichilov hospital director

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  moose-knuckle  •  2 years ago  •  57 comments

80% of serious COVID cases are fully vaccinated' says Ichilov hospital director
Vaccine has "no significance regarding severe illness," says Prof. Yaakov Jerris.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Are Israeli hospitals really overloaded with unvaccinated COVID patients? According to Prof. Yaakov Jerris, director of Ichilov Hospital’s coronavirus ward, the situation is completely opposite.

“Right now, most of our severe cases are vaccinated,” Jerris told Channel 13 News. “They had at least three injections. Between seventy and eighty percent of the serious cases are vaccinated. So, the vaccine has no significance regarding severe illness, which is why just twenty to twenty-five percent of our patients are unvaccinated.”

Jerris also revealed some of the confusion in reporting cases. Speaking at a cabinet meeting on Sunday, he told ministers, “Defining a serious patient is problematic. For example, a patient with a chronic lung disease always had a low level of oxygen, but now he has a positive coronavirus test result which technically makes him a ‘serious coronavirus patient,’ but that’s not accurate. The patient is only in a difficult condition because he has a serious underlying illness.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
1  seeder  Moose Knuckle    2 years ago

The world is starting to realize the Vaccines that came out of America's blind support of big Pharma are worthless. Israel is the most vaccinated nation in the world and it's done them no good.

European nations are cancelling mandates in hopes the 900lb Gorilla fades away. These vaccines were dangerous and weaken the immune system. Infection rates are higher in countries with higher vaccination rates.

Japan has stopped their vaccine program and put health disclaimers on these experimental failures. They now use therapeutics in the early treatment of covid-19 in high risk patients.

It's time to end the vaccine push, put them through our normal vaccine trials and come up with solutions for the millions maimed and injured from them.

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
1.1.1  seeder  Moose Knuckle  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1    2 years ago

First of all Japan has no mandate for anything, not health care workers or anyone. They are promoting therapeutics now on their minister of health website.

If you want a vaccine, they will give you one but you have to read the disclaimer of known side effects which include myocarditis and pericarditis

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.1.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  Moose Knuckle @1.1.1    2 years ago
First of all Japan has no mandate for anything, not health care workers or anyone.

They're still vaccinating.  You said they've stopped their vaccination program.  They haven't.  You're moving goalposts, because your comment was shown to be blatantly false.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Kavika   replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.2    2 years ago

Japan is 80% fully vaccinated vs the US at 64%.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.1.4  sandy-2021492  replied to  Moose Knuckle @1.1.1    2 years ago

Also, gonna need a link to their website "promoting therapeutics".  And you forgot the link for the "millions maimed and injured".

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.1.5  sandy-2021492  replied to  Kavika @1.1.3    2 years ago

Japan tends to place value of the good of the community over the whims of the individual.  Which is a good thing, when so many individuals are deliberately seeking out misinformation.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.6  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @1.1.3    2 years ago

after several more mutated variants we won't have to read this bullshit. go natural selection go.

shona1
Professor Quiet
1.1.7  shona1  replied to  Kavika @1.1.3    2 years ago

Morning...geez that's low.. after all the lost souls assume it must be heading towards 900,000 now would have thought the vaccine rate would be higher...

NSW infections are dropping and Victoria is stable at the moment...it has just got into WA and they have had plenty of time to prepare...it is just starting to take off in NZ the last few days and they are around 90% double vacced as well...

Even in my town 95% are double vacced..two weeks ago 220 infections no one in hospital. It has now dropped to 7...and no deaths... follow the usual basics and wear a mask and the results speak for themselves...

Gordy327
Professor Guide
1.1.8  Gordy327  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.5    2 years ago
Japan tends to place value of the good of the community over the whims of the individual.

Indeed. They've had to deal with epidemics before. And when they do, you'll see people wearing masks and taking precautions without complaint, unlike many people here.

You said they've stopped their vaccination program.  They haven't.  You're moving goalposts, because your comment was shown to be blatantly false.

That's not moving goalposts. That's flat out lying.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1    2 years ago

I find it very hard to believe this 'article' 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Sparty On  replied to  devangelical @1.1.6    2 years ago

The ignorance of that comment is epic [deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.11  Sparty On  replied to  shona1 @1.1.7    2 years ago

Sorry but break through infections are a fact of life.    I caught COVID after being double vaccinated and being very careful, staying away from big groups, staying masked etc.    and I’m not alone.

Far from it.

shona1
Professor Quiet
1.1.12  shona1  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.11    2 years ago

Anoon sparty.... break throughs are absolutely expected...

I am triple vacced and will be getting a forth as they are recommending people here with compromised immune systems to do..

I am with you keep away from confined areas and large numbers of people...was invited to a barbie y'day but because around 100 people were going to be there, I gave it a miss...

Hope you recover well and stay safe...

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.13  Sparty On  replied to  shona1 @1.1.12    2 years ago

Appreciate that, I am long since recovered.   I recently passed on a college interstate rivalry game that is the ticket everyone wants.    That was my choice but I don’t ostracize the folks that chose to go.    That was their choice and I respect that. 

The point is vaccination is not a silver bullet.    Wearing a mask is not a silver bullet.    Masks give folks a false sense of security IMO unless they are a “fitted” HEPA rated respirator.

Personally I have no problem with vaccinations or mask wearing, I’ve done and do both but I respect others peoples choices if they feel differently about it.    I have no idea how I caught it with as careful as I was but I know many who were just as careful, masked and vaccinated who got infected as well.    The movement to blame this all folks who haven’t vaccinated or don’t wear masks makes no sense to me

None at all because it simply isn’t true.

Gordy327
Professor Guide
1.2  Gordy327  replied to  Moose Knuckle @1    2 years ago

Covid vaccines have been very effective, if fully vaccinated. It's the variants and lack of precautions which reduce their efficacy. It's also the unvaccinated which allows covid to persist and develop into variants. Even if a vaccinated person  becomes infected, they typically have less severe symptoms and recover quicker. 

And whom has been injured from vaccines, especially compared to those injured from covid due to being unvaccinated?

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
1.2.1  seeder  Moose Knuckle  replied to  Gordy327 @1.2    2 years ago

Tell that to some of the most vaccinated countries. It's not true.

shona1
Professor Quiet
1.2.2  shona1  replied to  Moose Knuckle @1.2.1    2 years ago

Morning..We are running at 90% double vaccinated in my state of Victoria...85% of the dumbos in hospital are unvaccinated... 

Interesting that people say they don't trust the vaccine or science...but they still expect it try and save their feral arses when they end up in hospital..

Fine if you don't get vaccinated but don't go to hospital when you catch it and clog up the system...stay home and keep your germs to yourself..and become another statistic..

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.2.3  Split Personality  replied to  Gordy327 @1.2    2 years ago

There is no vaccine warranty anywhere.  The only implications are a decrease in the number of people who develop

"serious disease".  There are no guarantees about saving lives or side effects from the myriad of approved vaccines for

North America and Europe.

Meanwhile while delta appears to be waning, variants keep popping up throughout South America and Africa.

There are currently 1,300 people claiming 'damages' for side effects ( which in the majority of cases have passed )

There is no guarantee provided by the vaccine,

however the vaccinated are 2 to 3 times less likely to die from a SARS2 version than the unvaccinated.

TABLE 1. Average weekly age-standardized incidence of COVID-19 cases (April 4–December 25, 2021) and associated deaths (April 4–December 4, 2021) and incidence rate ratios* for unvaccinated and fully vaccinated persons,   by period §   — 25 U.S. jurisdictions,   April–December 2021 arrow_up.gif
Event/Variant emergence/ Predominance period § Unvaccinated persons Fully vaccinated persons Average weekly IRR (95% CI)**
Total no. Average weekly incidence* Total no. Average weekly incidence*
COVID-19 cases
Pre-Delta (April–May 2021) 1,006,686 163.8 48,111 11.8 13.9 (12.4–15.5)
Delta emergence (June 2021) 196,988 64.0 30,317 7.4 8.7 (6.1–12.4)
Delta predominance (July–November 2021) 4,546,682 460.1 1,862,090 90.9 5.1 (4.3–6.0)
Omicron emergence (December 2021) 1,061,684 725.6 925,999 230.9 3.1 (1.7–5.8)
Total 6,812,040 2,866,517
COVID-19–associated deaths
Pre-Delta (April–May 2021) 11,047 2.7 1,016 0.1 21.9 (17.8–26.8)
Delta emergence (June 2021) 3,107 1.5 556 0.1 16.4 (13.2–20.4)
Delta predominance (July–November 2021) 78,256 11.4 20,313 0.7 16.3 (13.8–19.3)
Omicron emergence (first week in December 2021) †† 2,230 9.7 682 0.5 NC
Total 94,640 22,567

COVID-19 Incidence and Death Rates Among Unvaccinated and Fully Vaccinated Adults with and Without Booster Doses During Periods of Delta and Omicron Variant Emergence — 25 U.S. Jurisdictions, April 4–December 25, 2021 | MMWR (cdc.gov)

Gordy327
Professor Guide
1.2.4  Gordy327  replied to  Split Personality @1.2.3    2 years ago

No medication, vaccines included, are 100% effective and individuals may respond to them differently. But overall, the vaccines are quite safe and effective, far more than being unvaccinated, and the data shows it.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.2.5  Split Personality  replied to  Gordy327 @1.2.4    2 years ago

Exactly.

Gordy327
Professor Guide
1.2.6  Gordy327  replied to  Moose Knuckle @1.2.1    2 years ago
Tell that to some of the most vaccinated countries. It's not true.

Do you think vaccines cannot produce adverse effects? Any medication can, including vaccines. But if you think the vaccine is unsafe (even though you provide no evidence to support your assertion) then try getting covid while unvaccinated and tell us how safe that is, especially in comparison to being vaccinated!

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.7  sandy-2021492  replied to  shona1 @1.2.2    2 years ago
Fine if you don't get vaccinated but don't go to hospital when you catch it and clog up the system

My great aunt had a heart arrhythmia several weeks ago.  An attempt to "shock" it back into rhythm failed, and her cardiologist wanted her to be admitted to the hospital.

It was full.  Too many Covid patients who were sicker than she was.

They waited hours in "observation", with her doctor fighting for her, for a bed to open up.  Late that afternoon, one finally was free on the cardiac floor.

Something similar happened last fall to a colleague's son-in-law.  I can't get his daughter's TikTok video to embed, but he went to the hospital for heart attack symptoms and was nearly sent home because he hadn't actually HAD a heart attack yet, and the hospital had too many ICU patients.  They were going to do an outpatient stress test, and he had the heart attack at the cath lab.  A six-hour bypass later, and he is alive.  If he had made it home before having his heart attack, he wouldn't be.

shona1
Professor Quiet
1.2.8  shona1  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.7    2 years ago

Morning sandy..no the video won't play unfortunately..

It is the same here they are postponing people's surgeries because the beds are taken up by covid patients...also the Ambos (ambulance) system was also getting over loaded...

Can't fix stupid, but the virus does...

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.9  sandy-2021492  replied to  shona1 @1.2.8    2 years ago

Our local firefighters/EMTs are working a lot of overtime due to some being sick or quarantined.  It's not unusual for them to work a 36-hour shift to cover for those who can't report for duty.

From a strictly financial point of view, it's costing our county a boatload of money, paying overtime wages.

Gordy327
Professor Guide
1.2.10  Gordy327  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.9    2 years ago
From a strictly financial point of view, it's costing our county a boatload of money, paying overtime wages.

Then there's the stress and burnout of health care workers, some of whom leave their professions as a result, which only exacerbates the problem. The unvaccinated are largely to blame too.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.11  Tessylo  replied to  Moose Knuckle @1.2.1    2 years ago

It is true.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.12  Tessylo  replied to  Gordy327 @1.2.10    2 years ago

Bogus bullshit like this 'article' and the anti-vax morons and  ignorance and spread of mis and disinformation doesn't help either.  

Gordy327
Professor Guide
1.2.13  Gordy327  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.12    2 years ago
Bogus bullshit like this 'article' and the anti-vax morons and  ignorance and spread of mis and disinformation doesn't help either.  

Doesn't help because it's the cause of our continuing troubles.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.14  TᵢG  replied to  Gordy327 @1.2.13    2 years ago

I personally know two anti-vaxxers who are now dead.   One at 47, the other early 60s.

Gordy327
Professor Guide
1.2.15  Gordy327  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.14    2 years ago

That's rather young and could have been preventable.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.16  TᵢG  replied to  Gordy327 @1.2.15    2 years ago

I know, it is so frustrating.   Both of these guys were the nicest people you would ever hope to meet.   But something got into their heads that caused them to be convinced that vaccinations were more likely to cause harm than going around unprotected during a pandemic.

Just goes to show that people are capable of truly believing the most irrational of notions.   Makes the political and religious beliefs look mild since here we are talking about one's life.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.2.17  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.14    2 years ago

And I personally know six people who have died from COVID related issues.    Three were double vaccinated, one was boosted and the other two were unvaccinated.   Ranging in age from 59 to 73.

All had preexisting conditions.    One just recovering from Chemo treatment, all the others with respiratory and/or circulatory issues.    All were classified as COVID deaths.

Which is a disingenuous classification at best.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.18  TᵢG  replied to  Sparty On @1.2.17    2 years ago

The two I am referring to died from COVID-19 and both were anti-vaxxers.    Both were preventable deaths.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.2.19  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.18    2 years ago

So no preexisting conditions?    All COVID right?    Death was 100% attributable to COVID-19?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.20  TᵢG  replied to  Sparty On @1.2.19    2 years ago

Are you suggesting that a person who has died from respiratory failure after contracting COVID which damaged his lungs did not actually die from COVID??

Are you really trying to argue that the respiratory failure was going to happen because of an immune system deficiency, diabetes, a heart condition, etc.?

Nobody who died from COVID symptoms who had a preexisting medical condition can be considered a COVID death??

Yeah, I know I did not use the exact words that you used so you will claim “I did not say that”.    But you can still clear up the ambiguity in your words  to set the record straight.

Where do you draw the line on preexisting conditions to determine if a person who died from a COVID infection really is a COVID death?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.2.21  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.20    2 years ago

Still answering questions with more questions .... that shtick is getting real old Tig, real old..... you need a new one.

Badly

And your thinly veiled insults aren’t getting any less sophomoric either.   More weak assed sauce there buddy.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.22  Tessylo  replied to  Moose Knuckle @1.2.1    2 years ago

You're the one spreading untruths here.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  Moose Knuckle @1    2 years ago

I was one of them and even though I’m now negative the healing process in my lungs has been slow after my 2 week ordeal.  

shona1
Professor Quiet
1.3.1  shona1  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.3    2 years ago

Morning xx...do you think you would have survived if you had not been vaccinated?? Just wondering as you are the first person I know of who has had the virus and was really sick with it...

Do they think you could have permanent lung damage or to early to tell??

Glad you made it because who else were we going to bag out...

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.3.2  Split Personality  replied to  shona1 @1.3.1    2 years ago

Some joggers and long distance runners have recovered through sustained exercise.

That may not apply to everyone though.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.3.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  shona1 @1.3.1    2 years ago
Morning xx...do you think you would have survived if you had not been vaccinated?? Just wondering as you are the first person I know of who has had the virus and was really sick with it…

Yes I believe I would have.  But only because monoclonal antibodies were available and I’d have gotten them immediately after the 1st positive test three days after first symptoms. I could not get the Merck or Pfizer therapeutic pills because the government is rationing them and only big blue cities were getting them

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.3.4  XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.3.3    2 years ago

[removed]

Glad you made it because who else were we going to bag out...

How could NewsTalkers possibly survive without me? jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.3.6  Split Personality  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.3.3    2 years ago
I could not get the Merck or Pfizer therapeutic pills because the government is rationing them and only big blue cities were getting them

Maybe we can excuse lies like this due to your possible post covid cognitive impairment,

but it's still make believe nonsense.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.3.7  Split Personality  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.3.4    2 years ago

f  it?  Gee what could that possibly mean?

SMH

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.3.8  XXJefferson51  replied to  Split Personality @1.3.6    2 years ago

My doctor told me she couldn’t get them because Redding Ca was not a large enough metro area to have any allocated to pharmacies here when I asked for them.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.9  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.3.3    2 years ago

Your last sentence is an ignorant lie

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.3.10  sandy-2021492  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.3.8    2 years ago

You think Redding is the only place there was a shortage?  You do know supplies were limited for everyone, yes?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.3.11  Split Personality  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.3.8    2 years ago

So far, Pfizer has delivered 265,000 5day "courses" to approximately 220 million current cases.

California gets 9,560 courses every two weeks. 

Apparently given to CVS to distribute on a first come basis.

Full production won't be accomplished until April.

Delivery of the US contract by June.

It has nothing to do with politics.

Dulay
Professor Guide
1.3.12  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.3.3    2 years ago
Pfizer therapeutic pills

Unless you are high risk for hospitalization, you don't qualify for therapeutic pills Xx. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.13  Tessylo  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.3.10    2 years ago

"You think Redding is the only place there was a shortage?  You do know supplies were limited for everyone, yes?"

No, according to some - only blue cities get them - just like it's only blue cities where crime runs rampant.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Moose Knuckle @1    2 years ago

This 'article' and these bullshit statements is fucking bogus garbage

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2  Split Personality    2 years ago

I know several survivors who have long term lung damage ( particularly if they were ventilated ),

no post covid stamina

and multiple cognitive issues.

Known as long haulers, they are beginning to overwhelm Social Security with claims for disability.

Gordy327
Professor Guide
2.1  Gordy327  replied to  Split Personality @2    2 years ago

Don't forget about long term cardiac and renal complications stemming from covid infection, not to mention cases of impotence.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.1.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Gordy327 @2.1    2 years ago

I know two with long-term cardiac complications, and one with long-term respiratory problems.

Hallux
Professor Principal
3  Hallux    2 years ago

According to Prof. Yaakov Jerris, director of Ichilov Hospital’s coronavirus ward, the situation is completely opposite.

So, just who is this Yaakov? The Ichilov Hospital which in reality is the Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center does not list him.