╌>

Mississippi Republican calls for execution of transgender people… by firing squad

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  117 comments

By:   bilerico (LGBTQ Nation)

Mississippi Republican calls for execution of transgender people… by firing squad
"The law should be changed so that anyone trying to sexually groom children and/or advocating to put men pretending to be women in locker rooms and bathrooms with young women should receive the death penalty by firing squad."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Former state Rep. Robert Foster has a real thing for shooting people.Photo: Campaign photo

Republican Robert Foster, a former Mississippi state representative and failed gubernatorial candidate, is one of a kind - and that's a good thing. Still, his Cedar Hill Farms is a frequent location for GOP fundraisers despite his lackluster results at the ballot box and his extremist positions.

Foster, who authored the state's death penalty law, took to social media to proclaim that transgender people should be executed by firing squad. The law he wrote allows for the state to use the barbaric method too.

Related: Sarah Palin is running for Congress to fight "namby-pamby wussy-p***y stuff"

"Some of y'all still want to try and find political compromise with those that want to groom our school aged children and pretend men are women, etc," Foster tweeted. "I think they need to be lined up against [a] wall before a firing squad to be sent to an early judgment."

"I said what I said," he followed up. "The law should be changed so that anyone trying to sexually groom children and/or advocating to put men pretending to be women in locker rooms and bathrooms with young women should receive the death penalty by firing squad."

Spencer Ritchie, the former head of the state party, tweeted in response, "The fascist force is strong with this one."

"Spineless establishment RINOs like you have conceded every fight with the Communists when you held power," Foster replied. "Ya'll 'Conservatives' haven't actually conserved anything. Now the Godless have power and they are destroying our country. Soon we will have to deal with this directly."

The tweets have since been deleted for violating Twitter's rules.

During his gubernatorial campaign, Foster refused to allow female journalists to ride on his campaign bus as male journalists did. He won less than 18% of the primary vote when even Mississippi Republicans found him too extreme.

Bias Watchcrazy Republicans, Mississippi, Republicans behaving badly, Robert Foster

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago

Nice guy. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

Putin would approve...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

Sounds like this bigoted intolerant asshole should be executed by firing squad.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago
"Spineless establishment RINOs like you have conceded every fight with the Communists when you held power," Foster replied. "Ya'll 'Conservatives' haven't actually conserved anything. Now the Godless have power and they are destroying our country. Soon we will have to deal with this directly."

CB
Professor Principal
2.1  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 years ago
Now the Godless have power. . . .

The opposite of which is to be power-less. . . speaks volumes. Moreover, it is presumption on his part to speak for God (about who may or may not be godless) at the end of the day!

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3  Hal A. Lujah    2 years ago

Those poor kids.  I hope they aren’t gay or they’ll end up hanging from a tree in their back yard.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
3.1  arkpdx  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3    2 years ago

No they should not be hung anywhere. [Deleted] Boys are boys and become men and girls are girls and they become women. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4  bbl-1    2 years ago

'gawd, gays, guns and the fetal tissue party.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    2 years ago
those that want to groom our school aged children

Like who, specifically? Where is this a real problem?If he’s worried about things like rape or sexual assault, those things are already illegal. Does he imagine they are happening in bathrooms and locker rooms and no one knows? Especially with other people around like there probably would be? Where (outside of his imagination) is this happening?

There is so much hysteria over the sexual chaos that will be unleashed by LGBTQ people, but precious little evidence of it actually happening. We have enough problems with straight sexual predators. Try fixing that. That’s an actual problem.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5.1  bbl-1  replied to  Tacos! @5    2 years ago

Well said.  Done and done.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tacos! @5    2 years ago
Like who, specifically? Where is this a real problem?

"Mom, I don't like wearing boys clothes, I like girls clothes. I hate boys, they pick on me and call me names and tell me I'm not normal."

"Honey, it's okay, there's nothing wrong with being who you want to be."

"Okay officers, takes this woman with the rest of the liberal open minded 'groomers' and line them up on the wall. Sorry kid, you thought not feeling comfortable as the gender you were born was tough, now you get to try to grow up in our conservative Christian authoritarian fascist State without a mom. Good luck. Ready. Aim. Fire!" - Rep. Robert Foster

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.2.1  arkpdx  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.2    2 years ago

[Deleted]

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.2.2  arkpdx  replied to  arkpdx @5.2.1    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.2.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  arkpdx @5.2.2    2 years ago

I have no clue what you said because it was flagged and deleted for violating the terms of service, but I've no doubt it had about as much in common with truth as an overused porta-potty reservoir at Burning Man does with a micro-chip clean room.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.2.4  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.2.3    2 years ago

It is pretty disgusting to read the thoughts of a troglodyte that has no capacity to put themself in the shoes of someone unlike themself.  I have a stepson who five years ago was an unhappy step daughter.  I don’t truly understand it myself, but I do understand that he is virtually indistinguishable from any other man right now, and is in a happy relationship with a nice woman.  They came over last weekend for dinner and games, and he is now sporting a full beard.  He has a job that he started as a woman and is fully accepted as a man.  Nobody in the family looks down or criticizes his decision.  It’s just something that those of us in the civilized world accept and adapt to, no more difficult than a precocious child that grows up to have a different personality than was expected.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.2.5  arkpdx  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.4    2 years ago

You still have a stepdaughter. She is just pretending to be a man, something she could never be. 

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
5.2.6  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.4    2 years ago

Here's an interesting article from the Cleveland Clinic if you are interested.  It may help you understand a little bit.  I know it helped me. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.2.7  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  arkpdx @5.2.5    2 years ago

And I don’t care.  If I was at a urinal and he walked into the restroom it wouldn’t mean a thing.  If you were in my shoes the whole family and everyone he is associated with would hate you because you are so consumed by it that you would never shut up about it.  It says a lot about you that you prefer that sort of status over live and let live.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.2.8  arkpdx  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.7    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.2.9  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @5.2.6    2 years ago

I get the part about females that always came across as masculine and vice versa, but when the spectrum gets expanded beyond that is where I struggle.  In my stepson’s case, I still find him to be a bit feminine in his mannerisms.  It’s almost like he is striving to be a gay male … but with a female romantic partner.  Then there’s the transgender couple that has been in the news, where they both switched genders and have had two kids by natural childbirth.  A pregnant person with a flat hairy chest and a beard is a hard thing to wrap my head around.  But it’s not hurting anyone and I wish them all a happy, healthy life.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.2.10  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  arkpdx @5.2.8    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.2.11  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.7    2 years ago
If I was at a urinal and he walked into the restroom it wouldn’t mean a thing.

Well that's true of most people with more than half a brain. Sadly, some conservatives apparently can't control their own sexual desires so they can't believe that a transgender woman using the women's bathroom would be able to stop themselves from raping others while in the bathroom. Every conservative I've talked to about this believes there ought to be a law against transgender women using the bathroom they identify with. Apparently the existing laws against rape and sexual assault aren't enough to dissuade male conservatives from raping if they were allowed into a girls restroom. It's apparently similar to their belief in God which many religious conservatives imply is the only thing keeping them from raping kids because without their God, apparently there would be no morality.

Veronica
Professor Guide
5.2.12  Veronica  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @5.2.6    2 years ago

That was truly interesting.  

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.2.13  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.2.11    2 years ago

The hilarious part is that apparently they want this “ female ” in the restroom with their daughters.

This is just a random person I picked from an internet search.  I encourage anyone to visit the link though.  It’s very interesting.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
5.2.14  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Veronica @5.2.12    2 years ago

Thank you.  I found that article a while ago and bookmarked it because it is interesting and then I can share it to help educate people who want to be educated on the subject.  

Veronica
Professor Guide
5.2.15  Veronica  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @5.2.14    2 years ago

I find this topic interesting because my son's best friend has been transitioning and while reading the article I can see where Phoebe (then Zane) did think & go about things more along the female lines.  She first came out as gay - she was still unhappy.  Then came out as pan - still unhappy.  I have never seen her happier since she began transitioning.  

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.2.16  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  arkpdx @5.2.8    2 years ago
A male who thinks he is female or a female that thinks they are male do not in anyway live in reality. Period. 

Yet belief in an invisible spirit being that people would literally give their lives or take the lives of others for is rational?

Belief in a higher power is something most believers claim they just know, they feel it deep inside them. They often claim to have had religious experiences and believe they can communicate with their God through silent prayers (aka telepathy) and that is not only considered rational by believers, it's expressly encouraged, yet there's not a lick of empirical evidence that whoever they're talking to in their mind exists.

But when it's a human that feels deep inside them that their heart and mind are not the same as the gender they were born, believers say they're not living in reality. They may have no empirical evidence that they were born transgender, it's often just how they have always felt from their earliest memories. Sadly, as the seed points out, some religious conservatives even call for capital punishment for those who encourage their friends and family to have faith in themselves, to let them know they may be maligned and persecuted for being true to who they are inside, but they will never be abandoned.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
5.2.17  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Veronica @5.2.15    2 years ago

Good for her.  She deserves to be happy, and I wish her all the happiness in the world.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.18  Tessylo  replied to  arkpdx @5.2.2    2 years ago

When you supply any, we'll let you know.

Veronica
Professor Guide
5.2.19  Veronica  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @5.2.17    2 years ago

She has finally found peace within herself & that is all that matters.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
5.2.20  MrFrost  replied to  arkpdx @5.2.5    2 years ago

You still have a stepdaughter. She is just pretending to be a man, something she could never be. 

So you want to ban kids dressing up as something they aren't for Halloween too? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.21  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @5.2.20    2 years ago
So you want to ban kids dressing up as something they aren't for Halloween too? 

if your kid thinks he is actually Superman and dresses and acts like it all the time, yeah, it might be in your child's best interest

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.2.22  arkpdx  replied to  MrFrost @5.2.20    2 years ago

Did I say that? Show me where. Holloween is for fun and I don't know anyone who thinks they're Batman or Cinderella or Frankenstein's monster. And anyone who does is probably in a mental institution. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.2.23  arkpdx  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.10    2 years ago

As I said to someone else, in order to insult me I must first value your opinion. You lose again

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.2.24  arkpdx  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.10    2 years ago

Removed for context - sandy

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
5.2.25  al Jizzerror  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.4    2 years ago

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.2.26  arkpdx  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.13    2 years ago

Does she still have female genitalia? How about female sex organs inside?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.2.27  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  arkpdx @5.2.26    2 years ago

Your interest in my stepchild’s genitals is very disturbing.  Seek counseling immediately.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.2.28  arkpdx  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.27    2 years ago

[deleted]

CB
Professor Principal
5.2.29  CB  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.13    2 years ago

Team Ariana Performs "FourFiveSeconds" | NBC's The Voice Top 11 Eliminations 2021

One of the contestants (of course not Ariana Grande) is a trans-person. People who watch such shows regularly will glean the truth - other 'bricks' here may be hard-pressed to even bother with the testosterone or is it estrogen treatment waffling onstage? Great singing, guys and gals!

CB
Professor Principal
5.2.30  CB  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.13    2 years ago

I looked at the link you provided. I have seen it before on NT when the topic was a 'hot item' several years back. This dude is scary hot! I admit I was threatened at first that someone this "sign-less" of transgenderism could exist. But almost immediately I opened my mind to understand this one important thing. Anybody who goes this deep into the act of becoming male is genuine in their feelings and sincere in their intent to be (or present) as male. That is, they are not looking to 'bang' or 'bag' or illegally sneak around women locker rooms or bathrooms.

(Consider this: if a female wants to go into a female privacy zone the appropriate form is FEMALE!)

It is progress that is 'killing' conservatives. Long live science and its search for discoveries that push (some) conservatives out of consideration and from being held in high esteem! First, what should be required to belong in the world of the future is an open mind to diversity. (Some) conservatives need not apply!

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
5.3  Drakkonis  replied to  Tacos! @5    2 years ago
Like who, specifically? Where is this a real problem? If he’s worried about things like rape or sexual assault, those things are already illegal.

While he may be "worried" about things like that, I don't think that is what he is talking about concerning "grooming." I believe he is speaking about the indoctrination of LGTBQ++++ norms within the public school system. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.3.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Drakkonis @5.3    2 years ago
I believe he is speaking about the indoctrination of LGTBQ++++ norms within the public school system. 

Indoctrination? Or acceptance? Is it okay in your opinion to talk to kids in this age group about "mommy's & daddy's"? Is it okay to talk to children about what they did on their vacation with their mom and dad but not okay for another child to talk about their two dads or two moms because then the teacher might get in trouble for "normalizing" gay relationships?

Why would it be okay to "indoctrinate" children into heterosexual lifestyles, making sure they only think of straight relationships as "normal", but not okay to present both gay and straight relationships as "normal"?

It seems like just a bunch of religious conservative opinion being forced on society once again, trying to control not only what our children should be taught but declaring what everyone else is supposed to view as "normal" or acceptable.

The fact is that children do not just become gay because they learned what the word means. There is no evidence that any teachers anywhere are telling children being gay is better or trying to encourage children to be gay, that's simply not happening. All that is happening is that teachers and schools are recognizing the fact that even at young ages some children express gender roles differently and should not be picked on, made to feel inferior or told they're abnormal as conservative Christians have been doing for centuries.

Now, if teachers and schools were treating heterosexuality the same way conservative Christians have been treating homosexuality or transgender discussions the conservative Christians would be losing their minds. Could you imagine how a child might feel if they were shamed, picked on and teased throughout their school life because they expressed an attraction towards the opposite sex or had straight parents? That happens all the time to children who are born gay, get same sex crushes or have gay parents, and no doubt most religious conservatives think not only is there nothing wrong with such hateful treatment of lgtbq children or their families, some seem to encourage it.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
5.3.2  Drakkonis  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.3.1    2 years ago

I simply stated what I believed the man was talking about. 

As far as my own opinion on the subject, I would share them if I thought it would produce something other than ammo for people to stand on their soap box. You know, like an actual discussion or something. That's not going to happen in here, since all of us already know by heart how everyone else feels about most subjects and, so, all that's left is to shoot at each other. I'm getting pretty tired of that. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3.3  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.3.1    2 years ago
"Indoctrination? Or acceptance?"

That's it in a nutshell DP.

THANK YOU

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.3.4  Tacos!  replied to  Drakkonis @5.3    2 years ago

Well, he appears to be talking about two things. “Grooming” usually refers to a sort of softening up of the psyche and resistance by intended victims of sexual predators. That doesn’t have anything to do with LGBTQ and sexual assault is already a crime - albeit not a capitol crime.

Then he has a problem with people pretending men are women, which I guess is his sloppy approach to transgender issues in general. Being transgender isn’t about playing pretend; teaching on it has nothing to do with indoctrination; and nothing about it implies the death penalty. I would hope for a more intelligent and nuanced approach from someone who wants to be a representative of the people.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.3.5  arkpdx  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.3.1    2 years ago
Why would it be okay to "indoctrinate" children into heterosexual lifestyles, making sure they only think of straight relationships as "normal", but not okay to present both gay and straight relationships as "normal"?

[Deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3.6  Tessylo  replied to  arkpdx @5.3.5    2 years ago

jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
5.3.7  Drakkonis  replied to  Tacos! @5.3.4    2 years ago
“Grooming” usually refers to a sort of softening up of the psyche and resistance by intended victims of sexual predators.

Then perhaps "grooming" has a meaning within the sexual predator community that I am unaware of. Even if it does, it doesn't seem to fit the context, as it would take too much time when speaking about what might happen to a child with a trans person in a bathroom. Indoctrination within a public school system would seem to fit the context better. 

As for the second thing he seems to be talking about, I agree with Just Jim in 6 below. If we take the man's words literally, he doesn't seem to be speaking about trans people themselves but, rather, those attempting to make trans use of female facilities both legal and legitimate. 

Of course, we're only given the context provided by the article, which isn't very much but taking the man's words literally, that is what he seems to be saying. 

That said, while I'm sure some of what Foster thinks about the issue would match my own, I would not agree with his proposed solution to the issue. If he considers himself a Christian, I would encourage him to reexamine his doctrine. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.3.8  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  arkpdx @5.3.5    2 years ago

Would you marry a lesbian?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.3.9  arkpdx  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.3.8    2 years ago

What does that have to do with anything?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.3.10  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  arkpdx @5.3.5    2 years ago
Because gay relationships are not normal. 

" Homosexual behavior has been observed in 1,500 animal species."

" Homosexuality is also quite common among dolphins and killer whales. The pairing of males and females is fleeting, while between males, a pair can stay together for years. Homosexual sex between different species is not unusual either."

3.5% of adults in the US identify as gay. That's over 11.5 million Americans.

So regardless of what right wing conservative Christian haters think, homosexuality is common in both humans and nature.

The word "normal" is subjective, not objective, and isn't much different than claiming something is "beautiful". Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it is not an objective state of being. Will there be sad little whiny self centered religious bigots who will never accept gay people as "normal"? Of course, but they don't speak for society as a whole and they do not get to determine what is "normal" and what is not.

Smoking cigarettes in America was once considered "normal", now as we become more health conscious and recognize the deadly consequences of a "smokers lifestyle" it has become less and less acceptable. During that same period homosexuality was considered "abnormal" and gay persons were persecuted and hidden because many religious conservatives claimed there were "deadly consequences" to a "homosexual lifestyle". Of course the deadliest consequences of being gay only existed because of the violent reactions many religious conservatives had towards gay folk. If we were able to stop the violence and hate from bigoted assholes towards the lgtbq community it wouldn't be nearly as dangerous as it had been in the past. That's why rational intelligent persons consider gay persons "normal" because they recognize they're just like anyone else that wants to live in safe neighborhoods, have opportunities for good jobs and quality schools for their children. Seems pretty normal to me.

Personally I'd much rather be in a room full of gay persons than a room full of cigarette smokers. Of course I'd also much rather be in a room full of rational intelligent persons than to be in a room full of bigoted right wing religious conservatives.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.3.11  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  arkpdx @5.3.9    2 years ago

You claim that gay relationships are unnatural, so how natural would it be for you to marry this:

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.3.12  arkpdx  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.3.11    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.3.13  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  arkpdx @5.3.12    2 years ago

Lol - I’m sure the feeling is mutual.

So you now know about my trans stepson, but I also have a gay stepson who is a special agent with the FBI and happily married.  He and his husband are two of my all time favorite people.  There could be nothing less natural than the thought of either of them with a woman.  Being gay is not something you just shake off.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.3.14  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.3.13    2 years ago
the feeling is mutual

Yes, being an anti-gay religious conservative does seem to check a lot of the boxes of mental illness.

• Confused thinking or reduced ability to concentrate
  • Excessive fears or worries, or extreme feelings of guilt
  • Extreme mood changes of highs and lows
  • Withdrawal from friends and activities
  • Detachment from reality (delusions), paranoia or hallucinations
  • Inability to cope with daily problems or stress
  • Trouble understanding and relating to situations and to people
  • Problems with alcohol or drug use
  • Excessive anger, hostility or violence

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3.15  Tessylo  replied to  arkpdx @5.3.5    2 years ago

I know what isn't normal here and that isn't a gay relationship.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3.16  Tessylo  replied to  arkpdx @5.3.12    2 years ago

I don't believe that Ellen is the degenerate here nor mentally ill.  

CB
Professor Principal
5.3.17  CB  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.3.1    2 years ago

Top of the Class! Required Reading, for real! I have no words for how powerful @5.3.1 is. I want to add something to it; but, there simply is no room for anything else!

CB
Professor Principal
5.3.18  CB  replied to  Tacos! @5.3.4    2 years ago

You broke this down quite well. It needed these distinctions set apart and spaced.

CB
Professor Principal
5.3.19  CB  replied to  arkpdx @5.3.5    2 years ago

In a society build from the ground up into communities: What is normalcy? Who determines what is normal?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.3.20  Tacos!  replied to  arkpdx @5.3.5    2 years ago

I don't know what you mean by normal, but whether it is or it isn't, do you really think that should determine how you treat people? 

JBB
Professor Principal
5.3.21  JBB  replied to  Tacos! @5.3.20    2 years ago

Normal is what is natural, like birds doin it and bees doin it. I grew up on a farm and saw just about every species imaginable engaging in some sort of homosexuality. Chickens, cows, dogs, sheep and even reptiles and insects...

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.3.22  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Drakkonis @5.3.7    2 years ago
If we take the man's words literally, he doesn't seem to be speaking about trans people themselves but, rather, those attempting to make trans use of female facilities both legal and legitimate. 
That is the way i read it. Firing Squad for the Lawmakers, not the LGBT community.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6  Just Jim NC TttH    2 years ago

Looking at the headline again, it is misleading as hell. He said NOTHING about executing transgenders. Here is what he said if you read it.

"The law should be changed so that anyone trying to sexually groom children and/or advocating to put men pretending to be women in locker rooms and bathrooms with young women should receive the death penalty by firing squad."

Of course there is the source that isn't bias at all. "LGBTQnation.com" 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6    2 years ago
advocating to put men pretending to be women in locker rooms and bathrooms with young women

I think that phrase was meant to describe transgenders, dont you ? 

In other words, he was advocating executing trangenders, at least the male to female variety. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1    2 years ago

Anyone TRYING to groom children or ADVOCATING to put men...............

It says nothing about advocating to put women ****.So no. No I don't. But I guess it is open to interpretation.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
6.1.2  Drakkonis  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.1.1    2 years ago
Anyone TRYING to groom children or ADVOCATING to put men...............

It's simply a matter of paying attention to grammar. You're spot on in describing what the quotes literally say. 

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.3  CB  replied to  Drakkonis @6.1.2    2 years ago

Wordsmithing while not properly delineating meaning is a ploy that communicates in sum meaning even as it let's the reader choose what is being concluded.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.1.4  igknorantzrulz  replied to  CB @6.1.3    2 years ago

and ambiguity abounds when herd hear the sounds, cause peepholes tend to offer a view, that few, don't make it a point, to make that view be a closer to the view that they would prefer to be true, Irregardless of that which is actually, the most accurate, for accuracy is not always that which people would wish to be most accurate, it is far easier to manipulate the view, than to choose the one in which most will do, for if it supportith more so the view that they wish it to, they tend to perceive in such a way, that can cause a fine coarse to teach askew for what they had already wanted to be heard, saw, and believed, for our biases are always present, for not despite our past, for it will always influence our future, and we've proven in excrucianary mannerisms, that we will not learn from our past, as we are doomed to repeat what we did not learn before, and i find it amazing, how things can be perceived so vast, cause no matter witch

how you spell it, some will always cast....

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.5  CB  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.1.4    2 years ago

. . . a statement about their real meaning not being picked up by liberals. And then the "shedding" of ideas begin and a dubious process of pretending a consensus on narrative can not be reached. Irreconcilable!

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.1.6  igknorantzrulz  replied to  CB @6.1.5    2 years ago

yea, how could someone on the left, possibly understand "their real meaning", when if written wrongly, they state i am a Merriam WEBSTER Salad, and since i am a writer of wrong, i must inquire of they " WHAT YOU TALKIN BOUT WILLACE ? Cause Webster could coin a phrase....but, possibly got short changed.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
6.1.7  Drakkonis  replied to  CB @6.1.3    2 years ago
Wordsmithing while not properly delineating meaning is a ploy that communicates in sum meaning even as it let's the reader choose what is being concluded.

On the other while, spaghettifying delineating meaning precludes objectifying precluded adherence to objectified wordification.   

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.8  CB  replied to  Drakkonis @6.1.7    2 years ago

Words are not static. And though it would be nice if all choose to plain-speak, there are many party participants and influencers making use of many-ied interests through power politics word connotation.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
6.1.9  Drakkonis  replied to  CB @6.1.8    2 years ago
Words are not static.

They freaking well should be. The idea that they are not is part of why we are where we are. If words are not static then words do not have meaning. If words do not have meaning then there is no way for one person to relate to another dependably. To say that words are not static is to say truth is not static. If truth is not static, where the hell does that leave us, CB? 

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
6.1.10  Drakkonis  replied to  CB @6.1.8    2 years ago
Words are not static. And though it would be nice if all choose to plain-speak, there are many party participants and influencers making use of many-ied interests through power politics word connotation.

Also, that you replied to my comment of 6.1.7   as if you knew what I was saying, when even I have no idea what I was saying is disturbing. 

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.11  CB  replied to  Drakkonis @6.1.9    2 years ago

Where the "heaven" does it leave you? Without lapsing into the area of another word: Truth (which is not what this area of discussion is about), let's continue as to the character of words: words can have definitions for a time and then fall out of favor. Words can be creative, expressive, loaded, double-entendre, subtle, old, over-used, new, concrete, jargon, and last but not least—specialty.

And less you think I did not notice: Between you and me, who wrote anything literal or implying words have no meaning?

Soon we should recenter on the substance of this article and its former representative and his statements.

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.12  CB  replied to  Drakkonis @6.1.10    2 years ago

Do not be 'disturbed' Drakkonis. I read the language of igknorantrulz; 'Dragon' is 'facil'!   A 'rough' translation of (Drakkonis-speak):

On the other while, spaghettifying delineating meaning precludes objectifying precluded adherence to objectified wordification.   

Translation (CB): Stretching word meaning prevents keeping words "general" or concrete which prevents their being static. (Or words to that effect.)

What is of interest to me is that you write about standards in words and immediately admit to replying in what you term gibberish. Now then, I would ask your indulgence of interpretation of yourself: But, you don't know what you were saying,. . . right.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
6.1.13  Drakkonis  replied to  CB @6.1.12    2 years ago

[deleted]

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.14  CB  replied to  Drakkonis @6.1.13    2 years ago

And you are the "believer" on NT? I'm sorry, you just got caught telling an untruth (euphemism). You say you strung some words together and I gave you an interpretation of the string of it. Since you do not know what you said and think it makes you cute, no it makes for sad and stupid, because meaning was found in the dictionary for each word threaded. You played yourself, "believer." The problem of communication here is you and your refusal to be decent. Oh, and the blatant lie betrays too.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
6.1.15  Drakkonis  replied to  CB @6.1.12    2 years ago
Do not be 'disturbed' Drakkonis. I read the language of igknorantrulz; 'Dragon' is 'facil'!   A 'rough' translation of (Drakkonis-speak):

Don't worry. I'm not disturbed. igknorantrulz is the only participant less comprehensible than yourself. I seldom bother to even read what he writes. That may seem like a put down on my part, but it isn't. Basically, I consider igknorantrulz a kind of poet. I do not understand poetry very much. I consider poetry a kind of colorblindness on my part so I don't consider it a deficiency on igknorantrulz part. It is simply a recognition of my own limitation where poetry is concerned. 

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
6.1.17  Drakkonis  replied to  CB @6.1.14    2 years ago

We will all face judgement, CB. I'm not worried in this case. 

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.18  CB  replied to  Drakkonis @6.1.17    2 years ago

Classless. I would tell you something at this point. Just imagine I did. . You don't rank with me anymore. Mark! Good-bye dude.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1.19  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Drakkonis @6.1.13    2 years ago
Um, no.

He has a point. While you call it stringing complete gibberish, others might define that as "stretching word meanings" which is the same as presenting gibberish as meaningful discussion. You did not indicate the comment as either satire or sarcasm, should anyone reading it just assume that's what you intended in this age of complete nut ball Qanon dip shits talking out their ass and meaning it?

The interpretation of myself regarding the gibberish that I wrote is that I was trying to do, unsuccessfully apparently, is to bring to light that what you say usually isn't comprehensible.

Well I suppose if your goal was to be incomprehensible, you've succeeded.

You have obviously been speaking in the English language long enough to have at least a grasp of basic structure but apparently refuse to utilize it.

Clearly he speaks English just fine. Of course, some whose goal is simply to insult others here on NT might claim those they have trouble understanding must be the ones who have a tenuous grasp on the English language, but they would be total dicks, right?

because I believe in the concept of freedom, please continue as you have. Just don't expect me to understand much of what you have to say.

I've heard some half witted dip shits who confronted others they disagreed with and used the language barrier as an excuse telling them to "try to speak'a da Eeeenglesh" as if that would actually raise the IQ of the clearly moronic listener if only he heard what he wanted to hear in the language he wanted to hear it.

It seems to me the problem isn't with the language, grammar or the way its presented but the inability of the person listening to understand or ideologically assimilate the message and instead of even trying to comprehend the other persons perspective, they choose to use the potential grammatical errors as an excuse to dismiss their point. I guess that is far more convenient for some useless scum bags to debate subjects they know are out of their depth or that they have no rational argument to refute, but it does make most debates with those types of folk seem very tired and pointless.

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.20  CB  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.19    2 years ago

Thanks DP. However, the 'gibberish' contained dictionary words and I drew meaning from an attempt to be vague by 'that one.' How could I have known it as a 'head fake'?  Incidentally, I did temper my words with the phrase "words to that effect." It's a "catch-all phrase.

However, this is not the first time 'Dragon' has seen fit to try to insult me publicly. And it is all I can do at this point not to figuratively go nuclear here.  He lacks the ability to read between lines and 'fill in the blanks' and draw meaningful conclusions or MORE TO THE POINT speak in a preferred manner that conveys strong indirect meaning without drawing a (code) violation. It should be obvious in some cases what is happening, to anybody who has a discerning spirit or can follow closely a discussion. Hint: I leave something to the imagination.

But, he along with a view of his conservative friends wants to put me in the position (role of) the dumb 'n-g--er of NT. That is a mistake. Because I know who I am, I know in whom I believe, and I don't capitulate to trash/talkers.

Full steam ahead, brighter, stellar days, open seas. Aye aye, 'Captain!'

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.21  Texan1211  replied to  CB @6.1.20    2 years ago
But, he wants to play me as the dumb 'n-g--er of NT along with a view of his conservative friends.

OMG.

R.a5d511d80f65ee3902593279dd701561?rik=T%2b4VM3XwoRuJ3w&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.thefederalistpapers.org%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2016%2f01%2fimageedit_5572_6859279938.jpg&ehk=L7QgNQBqu64gZNmf%2bxnwR1cXzh5ZNX2ZM35cXouhcZs%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0&sres=1&sresct=1

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.22  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.21    2 years ago

Yeah, you too. (The sentiment is thick with this one!)

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
6.1.23  Drakkonis  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.19    2 years ago
He has a point.

Fine. Extract meaning from what I said, then. 

Well I suppose if your goal was to be incomprehensible, you've succeeded.

Thanks.

Clearly he speaks English just fine.

Okay, I'll guess we'll have to disagree. Most of the time I have no idea what he's talking about. I'm pretty confident that most others don't, either, but respond to what they think he is saying.

It seems to me the problem isn't with the language, grammar or the way its presented but the inability of the person listening to understand or ideologically assimilate the message and instead of even trying to comprehend the other persons perspective, they choose to use the potential grammatical errors as an excuse to dismiss their point.

I'm all for you being allowed your own opinion. Do not have the least problem with it. However, I do take issue with your apparent position that it is the hearer's responsibility to discern what the speaker intends to convey rather than the speaker. I do think that the hearer needs to set their own biases and preconceptions aside while listening to what the speaker has to say, but in CB's case, you can't honestly stand by the position that CB clearly and unambiguously puts his thoughts into words that are clearly understood in the English language. 

Considering CB, I am sure, to a high degree of probability, that he understands how English speakers use words in normal conversation, but prefers something like "artistic license." I don't know why. Perhaps what he says is shorthand for more complex ideas but it isn't rational or fair to expect his readers to simply understand what he is talking about. If you're going to explain a concept to an English speaker then use concepts and language they understand. It's really that simple. 

I guess that is far more convenient for some useless scum bags to debate subjects they know are out of their depth or that they have no rational argument to refute, but it does make most debates seem very tired and pointless.

Okay, I can see that. But can you see that if someone can't articulate what their point is that even beginning a cogent argument isn't even possible? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.24  Texan1211  replied to  CB @6.1.22    2 years ago
Yeah, you too.

That doesn't make any sense at all.

Which seemed to have been one of Drakkonis' points.

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.25  CB  impassed  Texan1211 @6.1.24    2 years ago
✋🏼

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
6.1.26  Drakkonis  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.21    2 years ago

For what it's worth, what CB's skin color might be never occurred to me. Now that he's brought it into this, my only thought is, what relevance does it have? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.27  Texan1211  replied to  Drakkonis @6.1.26    2 years ago

[deleted]

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1.28  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.21    2 years ago
OMG

Yes, it's very sad when some dip shits try but fail at labeling other NT members as 'dumb n*****s". I also find it funny that the only ones who ever imagine that others who rightly expose lightly camouflaged racist ridicule are always desperate to label it as some "race card" being played instead of actually caring enough to listen. The true "tool of the intellectually weak and lazy" are those who are just too embittered and calloused to even accept that their indoctrinated ideology might be wrong, that maybe, just maybe, the systemic racism being described by the victims might be real.

But I get it, admitting something is wrong puts the burden of change on those who recognize and are alert to racial injustice, so refusing to recognize there is anything wrong relieves a lot of pressure to change, because change is hard, and frankly, bigots don't want to change. They want to rationalize their bigotry, to excuse it, to build some reason why it's either valid or necessary to further their ideological conviction.

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.29  CB  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.28    2 years ago

Deleted.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.1.30  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Drakkonis @6.1.17    2 years ago

That’s what I’m here for, to be Miss understood , for I don’t want to be a Mr. Understood , unless able access to both gender facilities to facilitate that which a body, must eliminate, for the process of elimination can be eliminated for one who cannot decide, which side, their sex should succeed in settling upon a chromosome that answers Y, for X is often asked Y, and obviously, because it comes B 4 Y, and this should be easy for all to Z, Y X , like an Alpha, is Beta to be wagered , cause I’ll Alpha Bet Beta females are more ironic than an androgynous platonic shift in a paleontology automated shifted plate, served up side the head with two, two sides with every main disheveled dish displayed on a shifted plate of iconic while moronic method to gin up watt rummy attempts to elixir as the sure fire fixer to N E ailment, for it would be this Tonic, that was bitter whence soured by the wrath poured upon the less traveled path where one will find the matching wear of Silver, to Dodge, then Ram, the pickups preplanned meals that deal with the Fork in the Rhode Hard Scholarly weigh, in which so many will attempt to compare to a scale where utensil wear is cut down by the back jack knife that bet a Black Jack Wife could marry an old Mayor at Knight and still be O K with the even Steven Corral in his office facilities transgendered to accommodate all , irregardless of Jeans warn, or words sworn, cause to me, its all soft porn that is easy to Z, was meant to be Y, follows X, off the Cliff Notes played during the Fall, that I prefer to call a Torrid Autumn, for it will be a cold day in Helsinki , before such an idea will be floated by the plume of flumes run on sentences which walk on fumes that consume the runaway on the runway is a roll model to set forth the roles children should emulate, before their true designated gender destiny , could ever properly be determined, by manipulation or indoctrination, four pause , postpones only the peeved pet, known as Fate, cause foursome it is set, for others, to be determined, though all will find their way, irregardless of what those who feel they are in control, can ever do or say, cause written in the clause, is what did cause that which allows ones genre and gender in general, to be most Admirable, for to not admire the natural course one’s sexuality will plot, will leave vast confusion as to what was ever, the actual genetic makeup of ones own blood , for us to all come together , we must work on timing and mix the mud, for we need to Clot, or , at least provide proof, one is not a Bott

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1.31  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Drakkonis @6.1.26    2 years ago
skin color might be never occurred to me

"You have obviously been speaking in the English language long enough to have at least a grasp of basic structure but apparently refuse to utilize it."...

Seems pretty clear you assumed he didn't grow up speaking English and chose to denigrate his comments based on your own imagined English language expertise. Insulting's someone's use of the English language is most often used against those who are not native born Americans, immigrants and people of color, who might take more time understanding the English language nuances.

It's a common excuse which dismisses the immigrant or person of colors perspective and opinions by questioning their "American-ness". It is, of course, most often employed by worthless piece of shit white conservative Christian bigots who imagine themselves the "experts" on "American-ness" and hilariously picture themselves as the ideal of what "American-ness" is and thus anyone who doesn't receive their 'royal approval' can't call themselves "American". Of course the reality is the bigots are about as much the "American ideal" as a tapeworm is a sensible weight loss parasite.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
6.1.32  Drakkonis  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.1.30    2 years ago

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
6.1.34  Drakkonis  replied to  Drakkonis @6.1.13    2 years ago

Given the subjectiveness of this place I suppose this will be deleted as well, but I'm so tired of being attacked by CB when it can't even be credibly determined what he's even claiming. You label what I said as taunting rather than frustration at having to respond to someone who, after all this time, should be able to convey his ideas in an understandable manner. So, what, Perrie? Am I just supposed to say nothing at all? I say something and CB gets to say some illegible crap that I know you don't understand any more than I do and if I call it out, I'm the one punished. Fine. I despise putting someone on ignore but what choice to you leave me? 

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
6.1.35  Drakkonis  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.31    2 years ago
Seems pretty clear you assumed he didn't grow up speaking English

English was not his first language. That isn't an assumption. Ask him.

and chose to denigrate his comments based on your own imagined English language expertise.

How can I denigrate his comments when I can't even understand what they are? And don't tell me that you understand any more than I do. 

Wordsmithing while not properly delineating meaning is a ploy that communicates in sum meaning even as it let's the reader choose what is being concluded. Thanks DP. However, the 'gibberish' contained dictionary words and I drew meaning from an attempt to be vague by 'that one.' How could I have known it as a 'head fake'? Incidentally, I did temper my words with the phrase "words to that effect. "It's a "catch-all phrase.

[deleted] It isn't denigration. It is simply an obvious statement that his sentences have no understandable meaning within the context of spoken English. It is as if he is speaking in a different language and using Google to translate. 

Insulting's someone's use of the English language is most often used against those who are not native born Americans, immigrants and people of color, who might take more time understanding the English language nuances.

Um, yeah. This argument might work if I had just discovered this place but I've been here since NV bit the dust. CB has been here as long or nearly as long. In all that time, his syntax hasn't improved by any measurable amount. That isn't an accident or an artifact of coming from some other place. 

igknorantzrulz is essentially a poet and communicates through is poetry, but when he definitively wants to be understood without ambiguity, he states his opinion in non-poetical terms. CB doesn't, even though he's had ample time to understand how English speakers communicate ideas. CB intentionally uses the words and syntax that he does, since he's been here more than long enough to learn how to communicate his ideas in understandable [English.deleted]

It's a common excuse which dismisses the immigrant or person of colors perspective and opinions by questioning their "American-ness".

It's common for someone who doesn't have an actual argument to make such an accusation. Evidence. You are addressing my opposition to someone who obviously doesn't have English as their first language as your sole criteria for condemning me. Further, you mischaracterize my opposition as having to do with their a) color, b) perspective and c) opinion rather than my stated objection of not knowing what the hell he's talking about because of their poor communication skills, even after all these years of interaction with English speakers. Anyone who's honest will admit that CB would rather be creative in how he expresses what he has to say over actually being understood. 

It is, of course, most often employed by worthless piece of shit white conservative Christian bigots who imagine themselves the "experts" on "American-ness" and hilariously picture themselves as the ideal of what "American-ness" is and thus anyone who doesn't receive their 'royal approval' can't call themselves "American".

I see no point in dignifying this with a response beyond saying that any critical thinker will see your statement for what it is. 

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
6.1.36  Drakkonis  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.1.30    2 years ago

Seriously, although I have absolutely not the slightest clue as to what the hell you're saying, I enjoyed reading it. It yanked me out of my perspective for a moment.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.37  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.28    2 years ago

Intellectually weak and lazy and and bitter - just about sums it up.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.38  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.31    2 years ago

Is Drakkonis the topic?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
6.1.40  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Drakkonis @6.1.34    2 years ago

Drakk,

I normally don't write meta in an article, but since I rarely have an issue with you, I will respond. You can't call people names or imply personal things in a comment. That is one rule that is plain in the CoC. You might not like the way CB expresses himself, but he is allowed to do so. You are allowed to ignore it or try to address it as best you can.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
6.1.41  Drakkonis  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.40    2 years ago

Okay. Consider me chastened. I crossed the line. I admit it. I'll try not to do it again. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6    2 years ago

[deleted]

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6    2 years ago

Thank-you, Jim. The headline bothered me, too, especially after I read the article.

There's enough sensationalism in the media without making shit up or just out and out hyperbole

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
6.3.1  Drakkonis  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.3    2 years ago
There's enough sensationalism in the media without making shit up or just out and out hyperbole

Agreed. Suggesting anyone needs to be executed, especially since he appears to advocate from religious grounds, is bad enough all by itself without inventing something else. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.3.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Drakkonis @6.3.1    2 years ago

From his religious grounds which seems to me he wants everybody to be just like him. No room for individualism or free thought in his world.

Veronica
Professor Guide
7  Veronica    2 years ago

I guess what really gets me is those that are all  up in arms about transgender being in the women's rooms & raping women when for the most part they don't EVER believe women when they say they have been sexually assaulted, but they will in this case.  What asses.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
7.1  arkpdx  replied to  Veronica @7    2 years ago

I thought you all said all women should be believed if they are sexually assaulted. Seems you have changed your mind. 

Veronica
Professor Guide
7.1.1  Veronica  replied to  arkpdx @7.1    2 years ago

No clue.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Veronica @7    2 years ago

Good point!

CB
Professor Principal
8  CB    2 years ago

Night time. This topic has 'sunken' about as low as it can float (for me). Back tomorrow. Bringing my 'new' (April's just a day away) attitude.

New Attitude

Sweating this 'mess' out of my hair.

CB
Professor Principal
8.1  CB  replied to  CB @8    2 years ago

Good morning, 'Sunshiners'! Fine day for renewed discussion about Mississippi republicans and transpeople. Let's get going! Shall we?

CB
Professor Principal
9  CB    2 years ago

A Proclamation on Transgender Day Of Visibility,   2021

March 31, 2021 Presidential Actions

Today, we honor and celebrate the achievements and resiliency of transgender individuals and communities.  Transgender Day of Visibility recognizes the generations of struggle, activism, and courage that have brought our country closer to full equality for transgender and gender non-binary people in the United States and around the world.  Their trailblazing work has given countless transgender individuals the bravery to live openly and authentically.  This hard-fought progress is also shaping an increasingly accepting world in which peers at school, teammates and coaches on the playing field, colleagues at work, and allies in every corner of society are standing in support and solidarity with the transgender community.

In spite of our progress in advancing civil rights for LGBTQ+ Americans, too many transgender people — adults and youth alike — still face systemic barriers to freedom and equality.  Transgender Americans of all ages face high rates of violence, harassment, and discrimination.  Nearly one in three transgender Americans have experienced homelessness at some point in life.  Transgender Americans continue to face discrimination in employment, housing, health care, and public accommodations.  The crisis of violence against transgender women, especially transgender women of color, is a stain on our Nation’s conscience.

The Biden-Harris Administration is committed to fulfilling the promise of America for all Americans by stamping out discrimination and delivering freedom and equality for all.

To ensure that the Federal Government protects the civil rights of transgender Americans, I signed, on my first day in office, an Executive Order on Preventing and Combating Discrimination on the Basis of Gender Identity or Sexual Orientation.  Today, we are proud to celebrate Transgender Day of Visibility alongside barrier-breaking public servants, including the first openly transgender American to be confirmed by the United States Senate, and alongside patriotic transgender service members, who are once again able to proudly and openly serve their country.  We also celebrate together with transgender Americans across the country who will benefit from our efforts to stop discrimination and advance inclusion for transgender Americans in housing, in credit and lending services, in the care we provide for our veterans, and more.

To more fully protect the civil rights of transgender Americans, we must pass the Equality Act and provide long overdue Federal civil rights protections on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.  The Equality Act will deliver legal protections for LGBTQ+ Americans in our housing, education, public services, and lending systems.  It will serve as a lasting legacy to the bravery and fortitude of the LGBTQ+ movement.

Vice President Harris and I affirm that transgender Americans make our Nation more prosperous, vibrant, and strong.  I urge my fellow Americans to join us in uplifting the worth and dignity of every transgender person.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim March 31, 2021, as Transgender Day of Visibility.  I call upon all Americans to join in the fight for full equality for all transgender people.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this thirty-first day of March, in the year of our Lord two thousand twenty-one, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-fifth.

JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR.

CB
Professor Principal
10  CB    2 years ago
RuPaul - Free To Be (Official Music Video)

People be free and 'forget' those negative (some) conservatives: They have no right to stop you, so don't let them! If anyone tries to harm you for being YOU - be prepared to do what is necessary to maintain your rights. Take 'nothing' off of nobody!  Feel your power now! If that stupid, unremarkable, conservative pictured above can't celebrate others having a life that suits them while not his own way of life: he can piss off!

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
11  Dismayed Patriot    2 years ago

This was on PBS earlier this afternoon and I thought it was worth sharing here:

"Love has no limits in my life, and love surprises me all the time".

What a wonderful sentiment, it's just too bad some can't see past their indoctrinated hate to realize what love can really be. Here is Joseph Patton before he passed away in 2020.

pattonnpr_wide-a9344e6525d2d815ab7e3bcf88051ba74076df7e-s1100-c50.jpg

Joseph Patton, at home in Santa Monica, Calif., told StoryCorps last year that he was given an undesirable discharge for being friends with openly gay men in the military.