╌>

Republican Party Letting It's Freak Flag Fly - Will It Cost Them The Mid Term Elections ?

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  94 comments

Republican Party Letting It's Freak Flag Fly - Will It Cost Them The Mid Term Elections ?
Since Nov (6 months) there has been an 11 pt swing in favor of the Democrats. There has been an 8 pt swing in favor of the Democrats in the past 3 months.  What has happened in the past 6 months? The Republicans have ramped up their culture war themes and in the process revealed and emphasized the freak and crazy personalities in their ranks.

This is a brand new Washington Post /ABC News poll.  The far left of the graph represents last Nov , the dot in the middle represents last February,  and the numbers on the far right represent today. Since Nov (6 months) there has been an 11 pt swing in favor of the Democrats. There has been an 8 pt swing in favor of the Democrats in the past 3 months.  What has happened in the past 6 months? The Republicans have ramped up their culture war themes and in the process revealed and emphasized the freak and crazy personalities in their ranks. Taylor Greene, Gaetz, Cauthorn, Bobert, Texas Gov Abbott, Tucker Carlson, Gosar, Trump Jr, JD Vance, Mike Lindell, Donald Trump himself, Ginni Thomas, and frankly, countless others across the country, have become the public face of the Republican Party, and the American people are recoiling in horror. 

Never in the history of the United States have we seen one of the two major political parties put forth such an array of crackpot, weirdo, dishonest, freaks as its national spokespeople. The party leadership doesnt stop them because leadership knows that these people represent the base of the party's voters. To rebuke a Matt Gaetz or a Tucker Carlson could cause an unknown amount of GOP voters to revolt and maybe stay home in November, so Kevin McCarthy and McConnell stay silent. 

Do the American people want transgender people harassed and ostracized the way the GOP party does?  There seems to be no evidence of that?  Do the American people want to end abortion rights the way the Republicans do? No. Do the American people want to punish Disney World? Of course not. 

A recent flash poll taken by a "centrist" cable news host showed 92% of 27,000 respondents saying that the Republicans have gone farther to the right than the Democrats have gone to the left. No doubt much of that 92% response represents objection to the GOP freak show we see in media every single day. 

The Washington Post poll also shows President Biden gaining 5 points in his approval rating since February , going from 37% then to 42% now. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    2 years ago

Now we need the milktoast Democrats to take it to the GOP on this topic. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago
Now we need the milktoast Democrats to take it to the GOP on this topic. 

Milktoast Democrats to actually DO something?

Hilarious!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

It won't be about "culture wars" or "Trump."   It's going to be about performance - Biden's performance.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    2 years ago

Never in the history of the United States have we seen one of the two major political parties put forth such an array of crackpot, weirdo, dishonest, freaks as its national spokespeople. The party leadership doesnt stop them because leadership knows that these people represent the base of the party's voters.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    2 years ago

Nothing tops the crackpot woke policies the American people have endured for 14 months.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.1    2 years ago

I dont think the majority of the American people want deranged grifting weirdos like Donald Trump, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Greg Abbott or Ron Johnson speaking for them. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    2 years ago

The majority of the American people don't think like you.

What they don't want is inflation at 8.5%, Gas prices at $5, rising crime rates, a nation flooded with migrants & Fentanyl, teachers indoctrinating young children and a government that is going to control speech.

Hallux
PhD Principal
2.1.4  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.1    2 years ago
woke

Your and the rest of the right's addiction to this 'word' requires a lengthy stay at a Betty Ford Clinic.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.3    2 years ago

Let em crow about while they can.    

Come November they’ll be whining like like it’s 2016.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.1.6  arkpdx  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.3    2 years ago
The majority of the American people don't think like you.

Thank God for that!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @2.1.4    2 years ago
Your and the rest of the right's addiction to this 'word' requires a lengthy stay at a Betty Ford Clinic.

Maybe the left who embodies the word needs to chill a little.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.1.8  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    2 years ago
Never in the history of the United States have we seen one of the two major political parties put forth such an array of crackpot, weirdo, dishonest, freaks as its national spokespeople. The party leadership doesnt stop them because leadership knows that these people represent the base of the party's voters.

I dunno.... I agree AOC is terrible, but surely there have been worse.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    2 years ago
It's going to be about performance

As abysmal as Biden's performance is, for the left / liberals and Democrats it's still all about Trump.  For some reason they think he's still running things for the GOP.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2    2 years ago

As I keep saying, this time around Biden and the democrat congress has a RECORD.  The election will be a referendum on that.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.2.2  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.1    2 years ago

Your predictions were all wrong in 2020, too...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @2.2.2    2 years ago

Let's see them?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2    2 years ago
for the left / liberals and Democrats it's still all about Trump.

I agree, Don't forget, as best left wing dems are only about 20% of the voting population and without Trump there may be little motivation. You'll need Mark Elias to mail out ballots to every living soul again.

I think the moderate democrats fear the worst. Kind of like I felt many moons ago when I got lost in a place that had a sign saying "Clasons Point." I think I saw murderous faces there. Oh well, “The future doesn't belong to the light-hearted. It belongs to the brave,” as a great leader once said.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.2.5  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.3    2 years ago

original

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2.6  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @2.2.5    2 years ago

Your man:

Klepop ...... kleptocrity ...... Klepper ...... kleptoababa .... oh never mind.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.2.7  arkpdx  replied to  JBB @2.2.2    2 years ago

So what?You were wrong in 2016. So what 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.8  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.2.5    2 years ago

You have come to finally realize that neither Trump nor Biden is actually ON the ballot on November, I hope.

Hanging your hopes on two people, neither which are running now, is foolhardy at best.

Americans vote their wallets.

Democrats have not helped their causes with talk of tax hikes, amnesty for illegal aliens, the Disinformation Police farce, etc., etc.

Pray tell WHY forgiving student loan debt is so important or necessary when people like you have proclaimed the Biden economy as great even though the numbers tell the rest of us the truth of the matter.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  author  JohnRussell    2 years ago
On immigration, the public is closely divided, with 43 percent saying they trust Republicans and 40 percent saying they trust Democrats. Republicans and Democrats are deeply polarized on this issue while independents are evenly split, with 39 percent saying they trust Democrats and 39 percent siding with the GOP. Post-ABC poll: Biden more popular, but Republicans favored on economy - The Washington Post

If we listen to the right wing, the vast amount of Americans are in a panic over "the border". That doesnt seem to be reflected at all in this poll. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 years ago

This poll is at best an outlier.  Not even democrats believe it:

"Thirty-one Democrats,  a modern record, are stepping down as the party risks bleak midterms."

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 years ago

One should learn the differences between concerned and panicked before assigning either to others.

How's that high inflation working out for ya?

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.3  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 years ago
If we listen to the right wing, the vast amount of Americans are in a panic over "the border". That doesnt seem to be reflected at all in this poll. 

Funny how people worry less about the border when gas is $5/gallon.

JBB
Professor Principal
4  JBB    2 years ago

No goppers, you can't be as reprehensible as you want.

Women aren't giving up their rights. LGTB people are not going back in the closet. Alternative families are not going to be torn asunder. You lost on all those issues...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @4    2 years ago

Oh, is that the way people are going to vote?

The people are going to ignore all the hardships they have endured and go out and vote for woke priorities?

I tend to doubt it.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1.1  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1    2 years ago

Outside the dystopian far right bubble things are looking up. Putin is humiliated, jobs are plentiful, wages and home equity booming.

Mostly, voters are sick of the gop's meanness.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @4.1.1    2 years ago
Mostly, voters are sick of the gop's meanness

Meanness? LMAO jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

So it is/was about mean tweets .........................

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @4.1.1    2 years ago
Mostly, voters are sick of the gop's meanness

Now THAT is hilarious. 

"Meanness".  jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif   So what you are saying is their feelings were hurt and they don't know how to deal with it.  jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1.4  JBB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.3    2 years ago

[deleted]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @4.1.4    2 years ago

You have links to back that up or are your just spitting out talking points again?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @4.1.4    2 years ago

I was hoping we had a deal

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.5    2 years ago

seriously?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.8  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.7    2 years ago

After someone gives him the links he will say "but where is the proof"?  There is no end to this. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.8    2 years ago

So don't let it continue. Ignore his inanities and you won't have to put up with it.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.10  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.8    2 years ago

What TDS ridden loons call proof, and real proof, are two completely different things.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.11  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.7    2 years ago

I'm not one of your gullible lemmings.  I'm surely not going to take something JBB made as absolute fact?  

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
4.1.12  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @4.1.4    2 years ago

Do you hold Biden responsible for more COVID deaths than Trump 567,000 to 424,000?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.13  Sparty On  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.5    2 years ago

Don’t expect any real proof.

They don’t have any.    All they have is butt hurt musings.

Nothing more .....

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.14  Sparty On  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.1.12    2 years ago

Man .... that Trump and Biden are bad men.    

Bad bad men ...

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.15  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.13    2 years ago
Don’t expect any real proof.

Oh I don't. 

All they have is butt hurt musings.

He did state that it was all about hurt feelings in 4.1.1 .  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.16  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.9    2 years ago

Why let their garbage go unchallenged?  They wont go away on their own, they have to be overcome. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.17  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.16    2 years ago

Interesting .... I feel the same way about you and your lot.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.18  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.17    2 years ago

You dont challenge anyone, you spout right wing inanities. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.19  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.18    2 years ago

Because you will never change their minds.  You could throw facts at them all day but all they do is slobber all over them

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.20  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.18    2 years ago

Nothing you say can be taken seriously.

Your bias on anything “Trump” is exponential.

You and the rest of the Clinton/Biden boot lickers

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.21  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.11    2 years ago

jrSmiley_102_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.22  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.20    2 years ago

I dont mind you being a right winger, but you do virtually nothing to make your points. All you do is complain about the left and the Democrats. It adds nothing to this forum. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.23  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.20    2 years ago
Your bias on anything “Trump” is exponential.

Opposing a known liar, crook, bigot , moron, and cheat is not bias, it is reality. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.24  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.22    2 years ago

Like I said John, nothing you say can be taken seriously.    And making “points” with such a biased individual, is a fools errand.

No point to it.    There is no changing TDS.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.25  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.16    2 years ago
they have to be overcome. 

I guess that makes more sense than ignoring everyone and destroying NT

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.26  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.25    2 years ago

How does ignoring most people destroy NT? There's a lot less slap fighting, at least for me

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.27  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.26    2 years ago

The same way it destroyed NV. Two separate echo chambers leads to apathy.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.28  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.27    2 years ago

I have nothing to say to many people on NT. I don't think poking fun, insults, and every day trolling is good for NT either

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.29  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.27    2 years ago

People like their echo chambers Vic.    

They are safe because everyone thinks the same way and folks rarely disagree with you.

They are the “safe space” some folks think they need.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.30  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.28    2 years ago
I don't think poking fun, insults, and every day trolling is good for NT either

On that much, I can agree.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.31  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.30    2 years ago

I don't need echo chambers. What I want is for people to discuss rationally and reasonably without blaming society's ills on both parties. Both parties are to blame and the American people are more to blame because they put on their partisan blinders and refuse to accept another point of view. I'm willing to listen to the other side but don't think you're going to change my mind by calling me names or assuming I believe one thing when you've never asked me what I thought.

This is why I don't spend much time at NT anymore. I'm bored with the endless tit for tat, insults, name calling and the refusal to even take a look at another point of view.

Yes....most of you bore me

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.32  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.30    2 years ago

Same thing is happening here as happened at the other place and some of the same people are behind it.    The controls put in place here made it harder on them but they have found a way to scheme and skeeve their way around it.

Not sure how pathetic their lives have to be that they derive some sort pleasure from such actions but they clearly do.

Pretty sad but it is what it is.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.33  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.31    2 years ago
and the refusal to even take a look at another point of view.

I've seen more than enough of "the other point of view". For the most part, in 2022, the "other point of view" presented from the right is illegitimate. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
4.1.34  1stwarrior  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.31    2 years ago

You go Sister.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.35  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @4.1.4    2 years ago

Now the left is accusing Biden of killing more Americans than Hitler.  That’s something,

also funny to claim the economy was “roaring” when trump took over. Trump exceeded the rate of growth of the “roaring” economy of obamas last quarter  every quarter but his first (before any of his policies took effect) until Covid. I guess the trump economy was super duper roaring.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.36  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.33    2 years ago

Sometimes. And sometimes there's a nugget of truth in there

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.37  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.23    2 years ago
Opposing a known liar, crook, bigot , moron, and cheat is not bias, it is reality.

Then you should be opposing every politician.  Instead you fixate on ONE.  And have been wrong on a single accusation.

Hallux
PhD Principal
4.1.38  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.27    2 years ago
The same way it destroyed NV.

Nonsense, the owners of NV cashed out. MSNBC, the eventual owners, followed other major media sites in deciding that the maintenance costs were just not worth it.

Hallux
PhD Principal
4.1.39  Hallux  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.37    2 years ago
Instead you fixate on ONE.

Sort of like your avatar does?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.40  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.36    2 years ago

Our country is in a serious crisis for democracy. I dont think this is the atmosphere or the time to give equal weight to "both sides". "Both sides ism " could well lead to the GOP taking control of congress in 2023 and that in turn leading to Trump successfully stealing the 2024 presidential election. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.41  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Hallux @4.1.39    2 years ago

Oh, what's wrong.  Does that offend you?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.1.42  arkpdx  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.5    2 years ago

[deleted]

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.1.43  arkpdx  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.5    2 years ago

[deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.44  Sparty On  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.37    2 years ago

Bazinga

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.1.45  arkpdx  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.19    2 years ago

[deleted]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.46  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.19    2 years ago
You could throw facts at them all day 

What facts?  There's nothing to back up anything JBB put in his meme so, how long do we have to wait for these "facts" to be presented?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.47  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.46    2 years ago

Apparently you're right since his meme was deleted.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.48  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @4.1.1    2 years ago
Outside the dystopian far right bubble things are looking up. Putin is humiliated, jobs are plentiful, wages and home equity booming.

Sure, the economy is so great right now that too many Democrats think college graduates are struggling too hard to actually pay back the money they willingly borrowed and now expect taxpayers to foot the bill--AGAIN.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.49  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.48    2 years ago

So they will get bailed out and then bitch about the bail out later when the bill comes due.   Blaming all the people they supported when they got their hand out.

And the wheel goes around and around.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.50  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.47    2 years ago

And appropriately labeled "Inaccurate".  I guess making shit up has its consequences.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.51  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.50    2 years ago

Your wish was granted now shut up about it

Hallux
PhD Principal
4.1.52  Hallux  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.41    2 years ago

Not at all, the portrait artist caught your inner self to a T.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.53  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.51    2 years ago
now shut up about it

LMAO.  Not going to fucking happen.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.54  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Hallux @4.1.52    2 years ago

So you think you know me.  How cute.  You know how many other snowflakes like yourself thought that and were wrong?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.56  Trout Giggles  impassed  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.53    2 years ago

Hallux
PhD Principal
4.1.57  Hallux  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.54    2 years ago
You know how many other snowflakes like yourself thought that and were wrong?

.0000931?

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
4.1.58  afrayedknot  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.54    2 years ago

“…snowflakes…”

…says the one continually melting away in self-congratulatory argument. 

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
4.1.59  afrayedknot  replied to    2 years ago

Gawd, is it a new month already? 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.60  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  afrayedknot @4.1.58    2 years ago

Honestly I wouldn't have noticed unless somebody hadn't cried about it.  And I'll continue to call out garbage like that.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @4    2 years ago

Yawn.

Really, you shouldn't make up stuff and attempt to argue it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  author  JohnRussell    2 years ago

This is a typical Republican candidate in 2022.

www.newsweek.com   /gop-governor-candidate-takes-aim-luciferian-regime-satanic-elites-1702523

GOP Governor Candidate Takes Aim at 'Luciferian Regime,' 'Satanic Elites'

Jason Lemon 4-5 minutes   5/1/2022

Georgia's Republican gubernatorial candidate Kandiss Taylor said that she will launch a plan to take on the "Satanic elites," which she previously described as a "Luciferian regime."

Taylor, who is among several   Republicans   competing for the party's nomination in Georgia's GOP primary to be held on May 24, posted a teaser of what she describes as "Executive Order 10" to her website. On   Twitter   Sunday, she provided hints about it as well.

"The Satanic Elites have a plan, but so do we. Tomorrow I will be releasing executive order #10. Stay tuned," the Republican gubernatorial hopeful tweeted, and shared a screenshot from the teaser page for the "executive order" on her website.

"What is executive order 10?" the webpage asks. The teaser ad says that the plan will be released on Monday, May 2.

Previously, Taylor discussed the plan in an interview with the right-wing radio program of conservative commentator Stew Peters. In a late April episode of Peters' program, she promised she'd be "evicting the Devil from Georgia" if she wins.

"We will not be kneeling ourselves to a globalist Luciferian regime that has overtaken our nation," Taylor said, adding that "we're going to take Georgia back from these globalist elitists."

kandiss-taylor.png?w=790&f=95121227abd6df375386f4e1c01a3577
Georgia's Republican gubernatorial candidate Kandiss Taylor has vowed to take on the "Satanic elites" she believes are controlling the government. Above, Taylor addresses supporters in a video uploaded to her YouTube channel in April. YouTube/Kandiss Taylor

The claims about "Satanic" and "globalist" elites controlling the government aligns with a   QAnon conspiracy theory . The bizarre belief contends that a cabal of Satan-worshipping   Democrats   and Hollywood elites attempt to control the country and the world through sexually abusing and sacrificing children. QAnon adherents believe that Trump is fighting against this Satanic group.

Taylor's remarks about Satanic elites come as GOP Representative   Marjorie Taylor Greene   of Georgia has also been raising alarms about Satan's alleged influence on society. Greene has drawn controversy over the past week after she claimed in a recent interview that the Catholic Church is controlled by Satan, and that Satan whispers in women's ears to encourage them to get abortions.

"Satan's controlling the church, the church is not doing its job," the congresswoman said in an April interview with Church Militant about the church's support for undocumented migrants.   She later insisted that   she had not slandered the Catholic Church.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @5    2 years ago
"Satanic elites"? 

"Luciferian regime?" 

the Catholic Church is controlled by Satan, and that Satan whispers in women's ears to encourage them to get abortions.

Somebody broke into the confessional wine cellar. 

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1.1  Hallux  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.1    2 years ago
Somebody broke into the confessional wine cellar. 

That sort of thing happens when one's parents can't spell Candice.

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.2  Hallux  replied to  JohnRussell @5    2 years ago

No idea what these folks have against Lucifer, he's very jovial and gives great guitar lessons unlike the other Guy.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @5    2 years ago
s is a typical Republican candidate in 2022.

She's polling 3% in a four person  primary. 

At least put some effort in your trolling.