╌>

The lawless state of California does it again!

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  165 comments

The lawless state of California does it again!
“I don't know what frightens me more, the power that crushes us, or our endless ability to endure it.” ― Gregory David Roberts, Shantaram

The Link to the above quote is: https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/70314-i-don-t-know-what-frightens-me-more-the-power-that

LA woke DA George Gascon has survived a recall. How could that be you ask?

This is another curve ball from the big blue state of California. Gascon as you should know, was facing a recall. The petition to recall has been found insufficient to qualify for a ballot. Those seeking to recall the radical Gascon needed 566,857 signatures. They got 715,833 petition signatures.  We know what they do to American citizens in California don't we?

Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorded/County Clerk Dean C. Logan said his office had completed the examination of all 715,833 petition signatures submitted for the recall of Gascon and guess what?  They found that 195,783 signatures were found to be invalid.  That is a whopping 22% of all the signatures submitted to rid the city of this monster.

Consider this: In the biggest absentee mail-in ballot contest, by far, in the nation's history, California only had a rejection rate of 0.8%.

"In  2020 , voters cast 70,550,699 absentee/mail-in ballots in the general election. Of these, 560,177 (0.8%) of which were rejected. By comparison, absentee/mail-in ballot rejection rates in  2018  and  2016  were 1.4% and 1.0%, respectively. [1]"

https://ballotpedia.org/Election_results,_2020:_Analysis_of_rejected_ballots

Yet in California where Gov Newsom survived a recall with an even higher percentage of rejections, one is left to question the integrity of democrats. ( before somebody interjects here, Newsom had to face the "voters" - we know who votes in CA) While we can understand the zeal of radical CA officials to disqualify as many signatures as possible, are we to believe that these same officials were as scrupulous when analyzing the legality of the mail-in ballots Californians cast in the 2020 presidential election?

The state of California led the nation in the rate of mail-in ballots cast:

The voting experience in 2020
"A slim majority of voters (54%) say they voted in person this November, compared with 46% who voted by absentee or mail-in ballot. About one-quarter (27%) report having voted in person on Election Day, and an identical share say they voted in person before Election Day."

PP_2020.11.20_post-election_3-01.png

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2020/11/20/the-voting-experience-in-2020/

Meanwhile big blue California was way out of whack with the national average. In the 2020 election a whopping 86% of California voters voted by mail-in ballot:

And 99.4% of the signatures were found to be valid!

https://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/historical-absentee

This is the same state that allows illegal migrants to go to DMV to get a driver's license, where they also get a chance to register to vote. On the form it asks if one is a citizen. I think everyone knows by now that nobody is checking to see if the proper box is checked. It's kind of an honor system and if one lies they end up being a 'legally registered voter."

This is the same state that refused to turn over it's voter rolls to the federal government a few years ago.

It seems as though the only time democrats believe in voter integrity or scrutinizing signatures on absentee ballots is when it is necessary to protect their officeholders from accountability.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Bad news for Los Angeles minority/Hispanic community.

GettyImages-1242393801.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

One of the worst cities in the nation.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.1  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

A typical, totally clueless, right-wing diatribe.  Even better, it comes from someone WHO HAS NEVER BEEN TO LOS ANGELES!

Furthermore, it is illegal for a non-citizen to register to vote in California.   

The propaganda in the article is just more reactionary blather.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  Gsquared @1.1    2 years ago
This is the same state that allows illegal migrants to go to DMV to get a driver's license, where they also get a chance to register to vote.

Makes you wonder how many times this has to be debunked here or anywhere.

CA voter registration requires an SSN and DoB, in person or online.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gsquared @1.1    2 years ago
Furthermore, it is illegal for a non-citizen to register to vote in California.   

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.1    2 years ago
CA voter registration requires an SSN and DoB, in person or online.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.2    2 years ago

Your link to a report from Faux News about the fraudulent claims of The Elections Delusion Project, a republican/tea party pressure group that supports trump's Big Lie, proves nothing.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    2 years ago

See Comment 1.1.4

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gsquared @1.1.4    2 years ago

[deleted]

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.7  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    2 years ago

I would suggest that if you haven't lived there or don't currently live there

you shouldn't embarrass yourself by quoting Tomi Lahren about California.

( she's never lived there either )

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.6    2 years ago

Faux News was reporting about the delusions of a group of tea party freaks.  That doesn't make their delusions reality.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.9  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.6    2 years ago
You do know that our little leftist MBFC accepts Fox News as a source?

Doesn't really matter if they print such baseless trash that provides zero evidence of any actual voter fraud but just ignorantly claims things like:

"So to say that illegal immigrants are voting is a given in this state?" asked Lahren. "Absolutely," said EIPCa president and co-founder Linda Paine, "because when you open the door to corruption and fraud, people are going to walk through it."

So ZERO evidence, just a whole lot of hot air and dip shit assumptions.

I know most of the right wing conservatives here have never been to a CA DMV but to claim its easy to get a license or that you just get automatically enrolled as a voter is total horse shit. I had to go back three times last time I renewed my license because they needed my social security card, birth certificate, billing invoice from a credit card, my residential lease and a utility bill with name and address on it. There is no such thing as just easy licensing or careless voter registration.

Provide proof there is any widespread voter fraud or thousands of illegals voting in CA or else you've just proven once again how sad bitter right wing conservatives are simply using the false claim, the 'big lie' of election fraud, because they know they can't win an election without cheating. The only proven 'widespread voter fraud' is the lie about voter fraud some bigots use as an excuse to write added voter restrictions in an effort to disenfranchise minority voters they know tend to vote Democrat.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  Gsquared @1.1.4    2 years ago

Gee, that's a surprise, NOT

Hallux
Masters Principal
1.2  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

What metrics and from which site?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @1.2    2 years ago
Removed for context

I am sure that must be wrong, after all, the criminals probably LOVE it!

Hallux
Masters Principal
1.2.2  Hallux  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.1    2 years ago

You don't have a meme or a cartoon to go along with that?

Thanks, but I'll wait for teacher to answer.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.1    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @1.2.2    2 years ago
You don't have a meme or a cartoon to go along with that?

Are you missing it that much?

I would hate to disappoint you, so here ya go:

reporting-live-from-downtown-los-angeles-were-undocumented-unafraid-and-27564425.png

Hope your day is complete now!OIP.FgFhxT9bBfHRhV343mMecwHaEb?pid=ImgDet&rs=1

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @1.2.2    2 years ago

Undoubtedly.

Let me know how that works out for you.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.2.6  Split Personality  replied to  Hallux @1.2    2 years ago

Shantaram?

Apparently the words of a former heroin addict and bank robber turned journalist are as meaningful as the opinions of a dead French economist from 1850.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.7  Texan1211  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.1    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Hallux
Masters Principal
1.2.8  Hallux  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.4    2 years ago

Lady in the red dress looks like a lawyer, Donald should interview her ... he could not do any worse than he already has.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.9  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @1.2.8    2 years ago
Lady in the red dress looks like a lawyer,

Maybe one that advocates for illegal aliens?

Or maybe she runs a place for illegal aliens to shelter in?

Hallux
Masters Principal
1.2.10  Hallux  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.7    2 years ago

I have no idea, I thought it should be enshrined so that one and all could come up with 4 or 5 assorted reasons over the week.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.11  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @1.2.8    2 years ago

Maybe the lady with her hand to her face in the lower right corner is kin to AOC--she looks like she even might be wiping a tear away, and we know how dramatic and theatrical AOC is!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.12  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @1.2.10    2 years ago
I have no idea,

I know.

That is why I didn't address it to you.

I never figured you had the power to do it.

But someone should fess up!

Hallux
Masters Principal
1.2.13  Hallux  replied to  Split Personality @1.2.6    2 years ago
Shantaram?

Have neither read nor watched it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.14  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @1.2    2 years ago
What metrics and from which site?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.15  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @1.2.2    2 years ago

There is you're answer. You must memorize it for tomorrow.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.16  Texan1211  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.3    2 years ago

[Take it to Metafied.]

Hallux
Masters Principal
1.2.17  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.14    2 years ago

Par for the course coming from you, a humorist you are not ... appears one cannot ask 'teacher' a rational question [removed]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.18  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @1.2.17    2 years ago

Kind of insulting. Not much I can do today. I'll wait for tomorrow.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.2.19  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.14    2 years ago

How about something from this country?

The National Voter Registration Act of 1993 ( NVRA , also known as the “Motor Voter Act”) requires that persons registering to vote in federal elections affirm that they are United States Citizens. Failure to do so is a crime punishable under the following statutes:

Pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 611, it is a crime – punishable by a fine and up to one year in prison – for an alien to vote in a federal election.

Pursuant to 8 U.S.C. § 1227, any alien who has voted in violation of any Federal, State, or local constitutional provision, statute, ordinance, or regulation is deportable.

Pursuant to 42 U.S.C. § 1973gg-10(2) any false statement concerning an applicant’s citizenship status that is made on a registration form submitted to election authorities is a crime.

Pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 911 knowing and willful false assertions of United States citizenship in order to vote are punishable by up to three years in prison.

Pursuant to 18 U.S.C. 1015(f) it is a criminal offense for an individual to make a false statement or claim that he or she is a citizen of the United States in order to register or to vote.

The National Voter Registration Act Of 1993 (NVRA) (justice.gov)

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.3  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago
Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorded/County Clerk Dean C. Logan said his office had completed the examination of all 715,833 petition signatures submitted for the recall of Gascon and guess what?  They found that 195,783 signatures were found to be invalid.  That is a whopping 22% of all the signatures submitted to rid the city of this monster.

Comparing a petition drive to voting is incredibly disingenuous.

As far as the signatures on the petition.

Of the invalid signatures, more than 88,000 were not registered, 43,593 were duplicates, 32,187 were a different address, 9,490 were mismatched signatures, 7,344 were canceled, 5,374 were out of county addresses, while more than 9,300 fell under the category of "other." Los Angeles County DA George Gascon recall petition found ‘insufficient’ to qualify for ballot | Fox News

That's a lot of people risking the penalty of perjury under CA Election Codes.

Chapter 2. Petitions And Petition Signers :: California Elections Code :: 2009 California Code :: California Code :: US Codes and Statutes :: US Law :: Justia

CB
Professor Principal
1.3.1  CB  replied to  Split Personality @1.3    2 years ago

Conservatives are tired, aren't they? Always looking over into somebody else yards trying to find something to complain against! It sucks to be jealous! Yes, it does conservatives. It really does!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @1.3.1    2 years ago

Jealous of Los Angeles?  I can find homeless people and crime anywhere on the west coast. Why would I need all the crime to go with it?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.3  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.3.1    2 years ago
Conservatives are tired, aren't they? Always looking over into somebody else yards trying to find something to complain against! It sucks to be jealous! Yes, it does conservatives. It really does!

Please stop projecting.

Hallux
Masters Principal
1.3.4  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.2    2 years ago
I can find homeless people and crime anywhere on the west coast.

You can even find it in Florida: " Is homelessness a big problem in Florida? according to the U.S. Council on Homelessness there is. New data released on Tuesday shows Florida has the third-largest homeless population in the country at 27,487 and counting. It also showed public school data reported to the U.S. Department of Education during the 2018-2019 school year, an estimated 91,068 public school students experienced homelessness over the course of the year. Economist say the lack of affordable housing is the primary factor leading to homelessness here in the SunShine State, This as most people who become homeless in Florida have extremely low incomes making it difficult to maintain rental housing."

I'll leave you to digging up Florida crime statistics from:

www.islamicinvitationturkey

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.5  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @1.3.4    2 years ago

Gee, what with Biden's surging, inflation-free economy, surely things are looking up and homelessness is on the decline, right?

At least the blue state of California should be steadily reducing its number of homeless, what with all the bragging folks do about its economy.

21. The 5 areas with the most homeless are the District of Columbia, New York, Hawaii, Oregon, and California.

(Whitehouse)

The rates of homelessness are higher in those states by up to 5.8 times the average US rate of homelessness.

Indeed, the District of Columbia has a rate that is 5.8 times higher, New York is 2.8 times higher, Hawaii is 2.7 times higher, Oregon is 2 times higher, and California is 1.9 times higher.

22. According to homelessness statistics, these 4 states and DC make up 45% of the entire population of homeless in the US.

(Whitehouse)

You can find almost half of all homeless in the District of Columbia, New York, Hawaii, Oregon, and California. What is more alarming is the fact that combined, those regions only account for 20% of the total US population.

23. 47% of unsheltered homeless live in California.

(Whitehouse)

You’ll find almost half of all unsheltered homeless in one state only — California. This begs the question as to why California remains known for its Hollywood scenes when the state is struggling to manage the homelessness situation.

Homelessness statistics in the US for 2021 | Policy Advice

Hallux
Masters Principal
1.3.6  Hallux  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.5    2 years ago

So if something is wrong in FL blame it on Biden and if something is right in FL praise DeSantis. @!@

Thanx for the link, if I ever decide to own a car again I'll look them up.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.7  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @1.3.6    2 years ago
So if something is wrong in FL blame it on Biden and if something is right in FL praise DeSantis. @!@

is THAT what you are doing here?

Good to know.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @1.3.4    2 years ago

I don't have to dig up anything.  People vote with their feet:

"Florida's population continues to swell, due largely to a national high in migration and immigration numbers.

The Sunshine State's net migration and immigration gain of 259,480 was the most in the country between July 1, 2020 and July 1, 2021,   Florida Politics   reported Monday.

Census Bureau   data   showed that 220,890 people moved to Florida from other states, Washington, D.C, or Puerto Rico, making it the nation's top destination for domestic migration. The Sunshine State's population also added 38,590 immigrants, the most in the nation."

NEXT

Hallux
Masters Principal
1.3.9  Hallux  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.7    2 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.10  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @1.3.9    2 years ago
I'm here for the laughs,

Thanks for providing so many daily!

Hallux
Masters Principal
1.3.11  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.8    2 years ago
NEXT

Next time I want to bake a cake I'll ask you how to roast a chicken.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.12  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @1.3.11    2 years ago
Next time I want to bake a cake I'll ask you how to roast a chicken

Now, that sounds about par for the course.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.3.13  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.8    2 years ago

Florida has a shortage of over 9,000 teachers at last count. 

Florida has a shortage of LEO's

13.2 % of the population is uninsured 4th highest in the nation.

The 25 largest counties' wages are well below the national average.

Huge environmental problems many of which are being exasperated by climate change. 

Shortage of insurance companies with more pulling out this past year. The Florida legislature is trying to come up with a plan to help cover the shortage. (this is a huge problem with home owner rates skyrocketing)

Like any other state, everything isn't roses.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.14  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @1.3.13    2 years ago

You can't dispute the fact that people are moving to states like Florida and fleeing states like California.

May I refer the class once again to the famous words of John Keats ?

‘Beauty is truth, truth beauty’

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.3.15  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.14    2 years ago

You can refer to anything you want it doesn't make it true or accurate. 

I presented facts whether you want to accept them is up to you. As I stated everything isn't roses in any state and yes, people are migrating from CA and other states. It's what has happened in the US for centuries. 

I didn't dispute that people were leaving Ca and other states which is clear to anyone that isn't so bias as to not understand there are two sides to every story and also facts on both sides.

CB
Professor Principal
1.3.16  CB  replied to  Kavika @1.3.15    2 years ago

Besides we have more people here (from other places) anyway. It is 'normal' migration. Having persistent droughts and wildfires and PG&E making a mess of the place is not helpful either. Neither is some of the blight caused by the homeless (from this state and 'abroad') is not inviting. But, of course, 'wet' and 'oppressive' states can mock those who take in their children so they can be self-interested and indulgence.

But then, they have the nerve to tell California to be cruel ("like me") and your citizens will be oppressed too!

CB
Professor Principal
1.3.17  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.2    2 years ago

Then why the "h" are you attempting to past judgement on a city that is not interested in what 'you' do? We don't care 'bout what is occurring in Minnesota. Be at rest already. We don't want to be you-that's easy! Figuring out 'hit that respects all people now that is hard. Especially, when we have conservatives here 'itchin' to disrespect somebody if ever allowed the time and space.

Yes! We are fully aware that given the chance to say something positive about Los Angeles - MAGA conservatives would pass it up!

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.3.18  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @1.3.17    2 years ago
Then why the "h" are you attempting to past judgement on a city that is not interested in what 'you' do?

Exactly, you never pass judgment on people or ideas that don't interest you, right?

Figuring out 'hit that respects all people now that is hard.

Huh?

CB
Professor Principal
1.3.19  CB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.3.18    2 years ago

Piss off.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.20  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.3.19    2 years ago
Piss off.

You should consider expanding your vocabulary.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.3.21  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @1.3.19    2 years ago

If you were only always this succinct, it saves every one some time.  [Deleted]

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.4  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

Can you explain why anyone should take your seed seriously when it compares apples and aardvarks? 

Petition signatures have NO relation to signatures on election ballots Vic. NONE. Therefore, your conflation of the two lacks credulity. 

Oh, and as for 'the worst', I submit the Michigan GOP to take that prize in this year's primary elections. 5 GOP candidates for Governor were disqualified because of fraudulent signatures on petitions to include them on the ballot. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2  Texan1211    2 years ago

Well, I refuse to feel sorry for the majority in LA. They get what they voted for and if they don't care whether criminals are prosecuted there, why should anyone else?

Bunch of damn morons.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1  Tacos!  replied to  Texan1211 @2    2 years ago
Bunch of damn morons

Believe it or not, this old white man was the “woke diversity” pick over the previous DA, Jackie Lacey.

original

Some shit is too crazy to make up.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3  Sparty On    2 years ago

Calikakistan .... maybe they can hire the Taliban to provide better state security. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @3    2 years ago
Calikakistan .... maybe they can hire the Taliban to provide better state security. 

They need to bring back this guy:

th?id=OIP.eVbD8ogCliDrlOzqNKyiOgHaHa&pid=Api&P=0

Police Chief William H Parker

Thomas
Senior Guide
3.1.1  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    2 years ago

From Wikipedia

Although Parker reduced police corruption and cleaned up the overall image of the police, certain sections of the LAPD continued practices which lent more to an image of old semi-corrupt control of vice and petty crime. The vice squad and reserve force continued to remain controversial elements of the police force. Parker also used elements of the reserve force such as the Organized Crime and Intelligence Division of the LAPD to keep tabs on suspected politicians and their mafia syndicate allies, as well as the notoriously corrupt and narcotic-ridden Hollywood movie industry and its celebrities. [1] The 1990 novel and 1997 film L.A. Confidential along with the 2013 film Gangster Squad , provide fictional depictions of the LAPD under Parker during these years.

Under Parker, the LAPD faced accusations of police brutality and racism towards the city's African American and Latino residents. According to a documentary commissioned by the LAPD in 2009, Parker supported the city's power structure, which he denied was racist as late as the 1960s. [7] Some critics see Parker's policies as responsible for ongoing tensions between the LAPD and minorities. Although Parker testified to the Civil Rights Commission in 1959 that segregation was not a problem, in 1962, he ordered the desegregation of the LAPD. [1] [8] When asked by the Commission about discrimination against minorities, he replied "I think the greatest dislocated minority in America today are the police." [9]

Parker was also known to publicly make callous and racist remarks towards minorities, African-Americans especially. He largely refused to hire Black police officers. During most of his tenure, those already on the force were prohibited from having white partners. Perpetrators of white supremacist violence were never brought to justice under his tenure. [10]

Parker's controversial practices towards minorities have been cited as the cause of the 1965 Watts riots on August 11, 1965. For five days, businesses and stores were burned or looted, civilians were killed or wounded while being caught in the crossfire, and sniping was frequent, before the rioters finally dispersed from committing more violence after the California Army National Guard took to the streets in supplementing the over-worked LAPD officers. At the end, 34 people were killed in the riots, 21 of them by police or National Guard bullets. About 1,032 were injured, 3,438 were arrested, and over $40 million in property damage were caused. In spite of this, this was not enough to derail Parker's career, as he continued to serve as LAPD Police Chief for another year prior to his death.

In a 1992 article in the Los Angeles Times , David Shaw wrote: [11]

"When Parker referred to black participants in the Watts riots as behaving like 'monkeys in a zoo,' a Times story later charitably characterized this as an 'obviously unintentional but unfortunate remark.' During the riots, Parker also said, on television: 'It is estimated that by 1970, 45% of the metropolitan area of Los Angeles will be Negro. ... If you want any protection for your home and family ... you're going to have to get in and support a strong Police Department. If you don’t, come 1970, God help you.' Earlier in his tenure, Parker attributed criminal activity among Latinos to their 'not being too far removed from the wild tribes of ... the inner mountains of Mexico.'"

Small wonder he is your hero.

Hallux
Masters Principal
3.1.2  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    2 years ago

Didn't someone tell Parker it's how you cook bacon and not hold a gun?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @3.1.2    2 years ago
Didn't someone tell Parker it's how you cook bacon and not hold a gun?

Did you?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @3.1.2    2 years ago

If you looked carefully, you might have noted the gun's chambers being emptied.....onto the head of Marquette Frye, one can only assume.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Thomas @3.1.1    2 years ago
Small wonder he is your hero.

I guess Frank Cullotta said it best (in one of those episodes of "Coffee with Cullotta).  I don't have the exact quote, but Frank said the real tough guys out in LA were the LA Police.

Yup, that's just the way I want it!

Hallux
Masters Principal
3.1.6  Hallux  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.3    2 years ago
Did you?

I was 15-16 when he died in 1966, like you at that age my 'thinking' organ was concentrating on other things.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @3.1.6    2 years ago
I was 15-16 when he died in 1966, like you at that age my 'thinking' organ was concentrating on other things.

Why not just type 'no'?

Thomas
Senior Guide
3.1.8  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.5    2 years ago

But you live in Massachusetts...

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.9  CB  replied to  Thomas @3.1.8    2 years ago

Thank you! :)

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.10  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    2 years ago

Why? The Police Chief has a CITY of LA jurisdiction, NOT a county or state jurisdiction. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.11  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @3.1.10    2 years ago

Also, he was the chief of police, and not the district attorney.

Also, he’s been dead for over 50 years.

CB
Professor Principal
4  CB    2 years ago

Sounds and reads like green with jealousy. California is getting the job done and leaving the tired, raggedy, past behind . . . stepping out in faith and the 'old guard' states are falling behind. Go California! Leave the past in your 'wake'!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @4    2 years ago
Sounds and reads like green with jealousy. California is getting the job done

California officials had better learn how to capture and store water during the wet years.

California officials had better learn how to clear the forest of rotting timber.

California officials had better learn how to punish criminals

California officials had better learn how to treat drug addicts and confine the mentally ill to asylums.

California officials had better clear their voter rolls.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.1  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1    2 years ago

California has no choice but to learn; it's called nature. And home-training used to mean something in this country. We do not stare, we do not mock, we do not covet. What happened to home-training. And no, I will not mock, covet, or stare at those suffering the desperate effects of flooding, fires, snow-storms, tornadoes, and hurricanes.

And the mentally ill and drug addicts are some of "your" children come here because they can't take the oppression and subjugation 'back' home. At least, our streets are 'warm' and due to a lack of rain—dry.

As to the rest of your comment, California will adapt. It has no choice.

Can your 'home' adapt. That is the question.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @4.1.1    2 years ago
Can your 'home' adapt. That is the question.

Massachusetts voters had better learn to vote on issues rather than their personal interests.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.3  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.2    2 years ago

What does that even mean? What issues are not personal that you know? Please elaborate.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @4.1.3    2 years ago

Let me explain it to you. Here where I am, some of the leading industries are in fact professions, such as education, health, medicine & everything involving healthcare and most importantly research. All of which seem to be beholding to the federal government in some way. We used to have a middle class that worked here but couldn't afford to live here. Our service sector is filled by many who were born in Brazil.

I'm asking our dominant professional class to vote on things like inflation and an open border over their personal comfort. I may be asking a lot.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.5  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.4    2 years ago

What you wrote does not follow. How is any of life involving humans not personal to somebody? And what do you do with professional interests that are not connected to people in anyway? MAGA conservatives have a slogan: "America First."

America, our country, is an inert land mass. Clearly, you are talking about people and their personal issues—"First."

I get it we hire politicians, as representatives of the people, to look into our professional and personal interest, in no particular order. You should expect them to to their jobs! And when doing so to do so for all the citizens, not simply those you prefer (not red or blue - both).

Do you expect this nation to care equally and with equity for all its citizens, Vic? If not, how long to you intend to participate in widening the 'divide' between professional and personal issues?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @4.1.5    2 years ago
What you wrote does not follow.

You see a contradiction?

Here is the best example. Illegal migrants given the chance to vote, tend to vote democrat. After all, they know about our politics and everything else going on in our country. That vote is what I call the thank you vote. They know democrats wanted them here so they give them that vote regardless of the issues. You may have noticed a strange thing is taking place. Second & third generation Hispanic Americans are leaving the democratic party. The reason: the issues!  Hispanic Americans have come to realize that their concerns conflict with the ideology of the democratic party. Hispanics are very religious, family oriented and believe in the work ethic.  All things the democratic party reject.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.6    2 years ago

You're just making stuff up as you go . . . . 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.7    2 years ago
You're just making stuff up as you go . . .

Such as?

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.9  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.6    2 years ago

Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? I'm sorry to put it that way, but it does come off rather petty.

First, this is about people and their problems ('back home' where they come from and here once they settle). Second, conservatives issue with migrants who want to become citizens (or "Dreamers") is to welcome them. Simply drop your rocks and a quantity of legal immigrants will be grateful to conservatives and vote what is in their hearts too. Be a problem solver instead of a group of demonizers, mockers, and worse. Third, it is a sad 'day' for this country that conservatives have to question liberal motivations so "deep" that you hurt innocent people, because of a political stance that is easily remedied but conservatives are scare or too evil to take the 'medicine' reason provides (in my "Second"). Fourth, most migrants are just like people elsewhere and in our country. That is, they are arriving here desperate and afraid of what kind of treatment they will face: Thus, they are "open" to any group or persons who will give them - wait for it. . . kindness.

Is kindness such an 'off the table' topic for conservatives that it never crosses your minds how easy it is to extend to hurting people who are 'bridged' between a rock (home) and a hard place (our border)?

Yes, conservatives could succeed in a "win-win" for both parties! But for self-interests and self-indulgence to wanting it 'all' or nothing!

I am going to leave this delusion that this country amounts to what is because of the "work ethics" of conservatives (alone) for you to cherish. It is a lie, to be sure. We are all necessary to the whole of this country. I don't lead so-called red states out of the work and you should not leave out the blue states! Competing against your 'right' or 'left' arm is well, petty and stupid.

Come back.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  CB @4.1.9    2 years ago

With the way Hispanics are fleeing the Democratic Party and running to the Republican Party, it appears that even they want border security and immigration laws enforced.

Why won't Democrats acknowledge that?

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.11  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.10    2 years ago

Piss off.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  CB @4.1.11    2 years ago
Piss off.

No, don't think I will, sorry to 'disappoint'!

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.1.13  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.8    2 years ago
Illegal migrants given the chance to vote, tend to vote democrat.

Illegal migrants cannot and do not vote, they try to stay undetected.

After all, they know about our politics and everything else going on in our country. That vote is what I call the thank you vote.

Such is your opinion.

They know democrats wanted them here so they give them that vote regardless of the issues.

You cannot give something you don't have.

You may have noticed a strange thing is taking place.

Where?  Here is frightening enough.

Second & third generation Hispanic Americans are leaving the democratic party.

As they should. Given equal opportunities for the pursuit of life liberty and happiness

their opinions should be diverse and not tied to a church or ethnic identity in a perfect

world.

The reason: the issues!  Hispanic Americans have come to realize that their concerns conflict with the ideology of the democratic party.

Possible, not likely. Just more partisan hopefulness.

Hispanics are very religious, family oriented and believe in the work ethic.

I would amend that to say that it might tend to be true for first and second generations,

third generation, not so much as they become members of the melting pot although the

work ethic usually continues, even for the gang bangers.

All things the democratic party reject.

And there you go with another wild ass sweeping generalization that only exposes your

own sad opinion and tears down any possibility of respect for that sad opinion.

Thomas
Senior Guide
4.1.14  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.4    2 years ago
I'm asking our dominant professional class to vote on things like inflation and an open border over their personal comfort. I may be asking a lot.

No, you're asking them (why just them? Why not everyone? It is a "mystery") you are asking them to accept your opinion of why there is inflation and then vote accordingly. 

It goes something like "The dictator Biden and the autocratic Democratic Party are the sole cause of inflation, crime and the open border, allowing drugs, rapists, queer folk and other assorted bad people into our great country.... blah gargle blah" 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.15  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @4.1.13    2 years ago
even for the gang bangers.

Espero que mis hermanos y hermanas hayan visto eso.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.16  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Thomas @4.1.14    2 years ago
No, you're asking them

The muscular class is already doing it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  Thomas @4.1.14    2 years ago
No, you're asking them (why just them? Why not everyone? It is a "mystery") you are asking them to accept your opinion of why there is inflation and then vote accordingly.

Where did you read THAT at?

Just the post number will suffice.

Thomas
Senior Guide
4.1.18  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.16    2 years ago

Not all of them. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.1.19  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.15    2 years ago
Espero que mis hermanos y hermanas hayan visto eso.

I married into second generation and believe me, the 3rd generation is nothing like us.

The fourth will not be bilingual or at least have any accent when speaking English.

It's a good thing.

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.1.20  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1    2 years ago
California officials had better learn how to capture and store water during the wet years.

There haven't been and 'wet years' for a decade. 

California officials had better learn how to clear the forest of rotting timber.

The State of California only has jurisdiction over 3% of the forest land there. 

California officials had better learn how to punish criminals

Right, because there are no prosecutions or prisons in CA. 

California officials had better learn how to treat drug addicts and confine the mentally ill to asylums.

Massachusetts has a higher drug use rate than CA. 

NO 'asylums' exist in the US.  

California officials had better clear their voter rolls.

They have and continue to. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
4.1.21  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Dulay @4.1.20    2 years ago
There haven't been and 'wet years' for a decade. 

Oct 16 - Sept 17 was a wet year.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2  Texan1211  replied to  CB @4    2 years ago
Sounds and reads like green with jealousy. California is getting the job done and leaving the tired, raggedy, past behind . . . stepping out in faith and the 'old guard' states are falling behind. Go California! Leave the past in your 'wake'!

Yeah, go California--the place where criminals are coddled.

Law-abiding citizens must love it when criminals are put back on the streets mere hours after being arrested, and where criminal illegal aliens are welcomed to commit crimes with impunity.

CB
Professor Principal
4.2.1  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2    2 years ago

Piss off.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  CB @4.2.1    2 years ago
Piss off

No, don't think I will, sorry to disappoint you.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
4.2.3  afrayedknot  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2    2 years ago
“…and where criminal illegal aliens are welcomed to commit crimes with impunity.”

Any incidents are anecdotal, but so readily cited for the partisan polemics.

Do we have an immigration problem? Of course. Can that problem be placed upon this administration or any administration going back to the ‘wetback’ declaration? Again, of course. To name Biden as the reason is to ignore 70+ plus years of kicking the can down the road. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  afrayedknot @4.2.3    2 years ago
To name Biden as the reason is to ignore 70+ plus years of kicking the can down the road. 

Your failure to acknowledge that Biden's policies are at LEAST partly to blame is noted and rejected as pure partisanship because somebody said something mean about Joe.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
4.2.5  afrayedknot  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.4    2 years ago

“Your failure to acknowledge that Biden's policies are at LEAST partly to blame…”

…and yet I did. It is a systemic problem that spans party, spans generations, and conveniently spans responsibility, as there is always someone to blame. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  afrayedknot @4.2.5    2 years ago
…and yet I did.

I see absolutely nothing of the sort in your post. Perhaps you could quote yourself?

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
4.2.7  afrayedknot  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.6    2 years ago

Post 4.2.3:

”Do we have an immigration problem? Of course. Can that problem be placed upon this administration or any administration going back to the ‘wetback’ declaration? Again, of course…”

…for your edification. And no apologies necessary as I could give a fuck.

Good enough? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.8  Texan1211  replied to  afrayedknot @4.2.7    2 years ago
Good enough? 

Weak enough.

I do notice you didn't manage to blurt out a thing about how Biden's policies are at least partially responsible.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.9  Texan1211  replied to  afrayedknot @4.2.7    2 years ago
”Do we have an immigration problem? Of course.

And what do you consider to BE our immigration problem?

Personally, I think we have an illegal alien problem.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

FaOvycfX0AEYxFg?format=jpg&name=large

Thomas
Senior Guide
5.1  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    2 years ago

And that's the way it is.....

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Thomas @5.1    2 years ago

Yep, over 10% who signed were found to be unregistered and some think voter fraud doesn’t exist.    Amazing!

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.1    2 years ago

signing a petition is now voter fraud?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  devangelical @5.1.2    2 years ago

[deleted]

People who will falsely fill out a petition would likely have no problem doing the same when voting.

[deleted]

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
5.1.4  afrayedknot  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.1    2 years ago

“Yep, over 10% who signed were found to be unregistered and some think voter fraud doesn’t exist.    Amazing!”

And should any of those ballots be cast, they are dismissed during the count and/or set aside for verification. Perhaps you should volunteer to become an election judge and you will see for yourself just how nearly impossible it is for ‘fraud’ to occur.

Step up or shut up.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  afrayedknot @5.1.4    2 years ago

I’ve been a poll watcher in several elections.    They wouldn’t take me the last couple because elections have become too partisan.

You see, I’m not a Democrat or Republican and they wouldn’t let independents inside the curtain anymore.

Time for you to shut up now ..... 

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1.6  devangelical  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.5    2 years ago
they wouldn’t let independents inside the curtain anymore.

... probably because teabags are republicans.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
5.1.7  afrayedknot  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.5    2 years ago

“I’ve been a poll watcher in several elections.”

Good on you.

Given that, why cast aspersions and contribute to the dialogue that casts doubt upon the integrity of our election process?

Or do I call bullshit on your claim?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.1.8  Split Personality  replied to  devangelical @5.1.2    2 years ago

Perjury

California Election law 100 - 106

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.8    2 years ago

Wanna bet nary a person who signed the petition is prosecuted for any misdeeds regarding their signing?

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.10  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.1    2 years ago

That is the responsibility of the organizers of the recall and there is NO relation to voter fraud. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.11  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @5.1.10    2 years ago

It’s directly related to people who are willing to lie on such documents.    It’s simply obtuse think if they were willing to lie on one they wouldn’t on the other.

Simply obtuse.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.12  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.11    2 years ago
It’s directly related to people who are willing to lie on such documents.  

That implicates a crap load of GOP supporters Sparty. 

It’s simply obtuse think if they were willing to lie on one they wouldn’t on the other.

The FACT is, it is up to the petitioner to vet and remove unqualified signatures before the petitions are submitted. 

In short, the signatories were unethical but did not commit a crime. 

It's simply obtuse to equate signing a county petition with the state felony.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.13  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @5.1.12    2 years ago
That implicates a crap load of GOP supporters Sparty. 

It implicates anyone who has no problem being that dishonest.

It’s simply obtuse think if they were willing to lie on one they wouldn’t on the other.

The FACT is, it is up to the petitioner to vet and remove unqualified signatures before the petitions are submitted. 

In short, the signatories were unethical but did not commit a crime. 

It's simply obtuse to equate signing a county petition with the state felony.

Wrong.   Their are possible misdemeanor and felony charges in Michigan Election Law for that, including but not limited to, one person using multiple names on the same petition.    Sec 168.544c

You are wrong again. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.14  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.13    2 years ago
Wrong.   Their are possible misdemeanor and felony charges in Michigan Election Law for that, including but not limited to, one person using multiple names on the same petition.    Sec 168.544c

The signatures and recall were in LA county CALIFORNIA Sparty. 

You are wrong again. 

You're blathering about the WRONG fucking [state Deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.15  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @5.1.14    2 years ago

[deleted]

I was talking about dishonesty and you deflected to legality.    To which I gave you our states law since Michigan is not quite as bat shit crazy yet as they are on the left coast.

Back on topic of my original comment.    People who will lie on a petition will lie when voting.    Regardless of state of residence.    That is only a stretch to people with an agenda.    My only agenda is honesty and integrity.    Two traits in very short supply on the left these days.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.16  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.15    2 years ago
I could care less what Calikakistan does.    That whole state has a bad case of donkey pox.  

Then perhaps you should have refrained from posting in this seed.  

I was talking about dishonesty and you deflected to legality.  

Utter bullshit Sparty. In your 5.1.1 comment you made it about legality by citing voter fraud. 

To which I gave you our states law since Michigan is not quite as bat shit crazy yet as they are on the left coast.

Sparty, 5 GOP gubernatorial candidates were disqualified from the primary ballot because of forged and unqualified signatures on the petitions they submitted. It that a regular occurrence in MI or have things gotten pretty fucking bat shit crazy there? 

Back on topic of my original comment.    People who will lie on a petition will lie when voting.

Yes, I understood your unfounded assumption the first time you posted it.  

Regardless of state of residence. That is only a stretch to people with an agenda.

Well then BOTH MI and CA GOP voters should be scrutinized during the 2022 election. 

My only agenda is honesty and integrity.  Two traits in very short supply on the left these days.

Virtue signaling in one sentence and proving it false in the next. Well done. 

jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.17  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @5.1.16    2 years ago
Then perhaps you should have refrained from posting in this seed.  

Or perhaps not.

I was talking about dishonesty and you deflected to legality.  
Utter bullshit Sparty. In your 5.1.1 comment you made it about legality by citing voter fraud. 

Nope, not bullshit, not at all.

To which I gave you our states law since Michigan is not quite as bat shit crazy yet as they are on the left coast.
Sparty, 5 GOP gubernatorial candidates were disqualified from the primary ballot because of forged and unqualified signatures on the petitions they submitted. It that a regular occurrence in MI or have things gotten pretty fucking bat shit crazy there? 

Yeah, Dems worked extra hard at brooming the real competition and then spent heavily on the Rep who they felt they had the best chance at.    Tudor.    Now that is some weak assed shit there.

Back on topic of my original comment.    People who will lie on a petition will lie when voting.
Yes, I understood your unfounded assumption the first time you posted it.  

No you didn’t.    Clearly you didn’t.

Regardless of state of residence. That is only a stretch to people with an agenda.
Well then BOTH MI and CA GOP voters should be scrutinized during the 2022 election.

Yep, agreed.    Both should be equally scrutinized and vetted.     Fat chance of that happening.

My only agenda is honesty and integrity.  Two traits in very short supply on the left these days.
Virtue signaling in one sentence and proving it false in the next. Well done. 

Lol .... honesty and integrity is virtue signaling?    Yeah, sounds about right considering.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.18  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.17    2 years ago
Nope, not bullshit, not at all.

Are you positing that voter fraud has nothing to do with legality Sparty? 

Yeah, Dems worked extra hard at brooming the real competition and then spent heavily on the Rep who they felt they had the best chance at.    Tudor. 

What ever happened to the conservative value of personal responsibility? The forgery and unqualified Republican signatures are all the Democrat's fault. The GOP candidates and their petitioners have no responsibility for their actions and omissions.

Ya, that's the ticket Sparty. /s

Talk about weak assed shit.

No you didn’t.    Clearly you didn’t.

Clearly you didn't recognize that I characterized your assumption as unfounded. Just as with your comment, mine is an opinion, though at least mine is based on the content of your comments. 

Yep, agreed. Both should be equally scrutinized and vetted. Fat chance of that happening.

I can't wait for the exploding heads when MI and CA announce that GOP voters will be scrutinized and vetted based on their signatures on an election petition. 

Lol .... honesty and integrity is virtue signaling?  

Claiming them as your agenda sure as fuck is. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.19  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @5.1.18    2 years ago
Claiming them as your agenda sure as fuck is. 

[Deleted]

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.20  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.19    2 years ago
Nope.
virtue signalling (noun)
  1. the public expression of opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or social conscience or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue:

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.21  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @5.1.20    2 years ago

... expecting honesty and integrity in a process, is not virtue signaling.   It’s simply a reasonable expectation in a civil society.    

For reasonable folks that is  ....

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.22  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.21    2 years ago
 ... expecting honesty and integrity in a process, is not virtue signaling.   

Claiming honesty and integrity as your 'only agenda' is, especially when your next sentence fails to meet that standard. 

It’s simply a reasonable expectation in a civil society.    

Yet your comments are rarely if ever civil and almost always partisan.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.23  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @5.1.22    2 years ago

The projection built into that comment is exponential.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.24  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.23    2 years ago

The projection built into that comment is galactic. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.25  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @5.1.24    2 years ago

Lol ..... the old PeeWee Herman gambit ..... funny!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.2  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    2 years ago

[deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @5.2    2 years ago

They did that once didn't they? 

That was the time they tried to apprehend the guy who was on super performance enhancing drugs and it took about a dozen cops to get control of him. LA was allowed to be put to the torch and then they gave the thug who resisted arrest a small fortune. He later admitted that ya, he was high.

I believe it may have even been the inspiration for a song:

Gsquared
Professor Principal
5.2.2  Gsquared  replied to  Sparty On @5.2    2 years ago

Comment 5.2 is an example of the hatred and rage that consumes America's reactionary extremists.

So sad, so very sad.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.2.3  Sparty On  replied to  Gsquared @5.2.2    2 years ago

I know, it is sad when the truth hurts some folks so intensely.

So, so sad .....

Gsquared
Professor Principal
5.2.4  Gsquared  replied to  Sparty On @5.2.3    2 years ago

Well, I hope you don't feel too badly.  Try to accept the truth and maybe you will feel better.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  Sparty On @5.2.3    2 years ago
I know, it is sad when the truth hurts some folks so intensely. So, so sad ....

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  Sparty On @5.2.3    2 years ago
I know, it is sad when the truth hurts some folks so intensely.

Looks like reactionary is the new boogeyman for SOME leftists.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.2.7  Sparty On  replied to  Gsquared @5.2.4    2 years ago

[deleted.]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.2.8  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.6    2 years ago

[deleted]

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.9  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @5.2.3    2 years ago

Right, because Vic's example of truth is that a 2001 song inspired the 1991 Rodney King beating and/or the 1994 settlement. 

Ya, that 'truth hurts'. /s

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.2.10  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @5.2.9    2 years ago

Too bad all y’all just can’t get along.

Thomas
Senior Guide
6  Thomas    2 years ago

Vic, you only complain that the "Law Doesn't Work" when something you wanted to happen doesn't happen like you wanted it to. 

88,000 not registered? That sounds like a huge oversite on the part of the petition gatherers. 

Ditto with the 43,000 that signed more than once and the 5,000 out of county voters. 

I thought those were questions you were supposed to ask before you got a signature on a petition.  They are usually the questions that are asked first, like," Pardon me. We have a petition to recall the DA in LA county. Are you a registered voter in  the county? Have you signed the petition already?" Standard, boilerplate petition signing stuff. 

So, instead of lashing out at the County, why don't you lash out a the organizers of the petition drive? That should be where your anger is placed.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Thomas @6    2 years ago

Does anyone know what's wrong with Thomas little assessment?

Hands please

Hallux
Masters Principal
6.1.1  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1    2 years ago

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1    2 years ago

I see nothing wrong with Thomas's 'little' assessment.  

I see the truth in his 'little' assessment.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @6.1.1    2 years ago

I'm not sure what small hands mean.

Here I am with these big hands. We are all human, right?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.2    2 years ago
I see nothing wrong with Thomas's 'little' assessment.  

Your honor, I wish to introduce exhibit A

th?id=OIP.jXqH4TzMzZ5UHIhPwg1RCAHaHM&pid=Api&P=0

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.3    2 years ago

So you pretend that you have large hands.  We know what you're trying to allege

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.4    2 years ago

A deflection since you have no honest rebuttal to Thomas's truthful statements.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.6    2 years ago

What I have is your assertion that Thomas's statements are what you call the truth.

Your assertion is now exhibit A.

I'm still giving people time to discover what is wrong with Thomas's assertion. Remember what someone famous said: "Have patience and follow the facts"

Hallux
Masters Principal
6.1.8  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.3    2 years ago
We are all human, right?

Surely not all of us teacher, what about those 'far left radical feminists' you learnin' us aboot?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.9  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @6.1.8    2 years ago

They started out human. I will remind you that Satan was originally an Angel.

Hallux
Masters Principal
6.1.10  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.4    2 years ago

Careful Vic, your avatar is going to get jealous of a fictional character.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1.11  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.4    2 years ago

You present a fictional character from a TV program as exhibit A....

LMAO, perfect for the Twilight Zone.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.12  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @6.1.10    2 years ago
Careful Vic, your avatar is going to get jealous of a fictional character.

The character might be fictional but Erle Stanley Gardner was real. He gave us an example of what a lawyer should be. Every once in a while I bring that character back to life....whenever I make a salient point. Since we are speaking of lawyers and the topic happens to be California, it just came to me. My favorite lawyer lives there and goes by the screen name of The Strategy Gaming Dojo!  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.13  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @6.1.11    2 years ago
You present a fictional character from a TV program as exhibit A....

Wrong.

Does anyone see the mistake Kavika made?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.13    2 years ago
Does anyone see the mistake Kavika made?

Of course!!

But it happens often here--a misunderstanding of what is actually written, then assigning what they misunderstand as something you actually did.

It HAS to be easier to debate that way rather than on your actual words.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.15  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.13    2 years ago

He didn't make a mistake.

You on the other hand . . . . . 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.16  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.14    2 years ago

Shall we tell them?

Ok

Mason is not exhibit A.   Exhibit A = Tessylo's declaration of what "truth" is.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.17  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.15    2 years ago
He didn't make a mistake.

Are you saying he didn't make a mistake?

That's going to be exhibit B. In other words he must have made a mistake!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.18  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.17    2 years ago

When you make up stuff someone is bound to make a mistake.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.20  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.16    2 years ago
Shall we tell them?

AGAIN?

It gets tiring explaining the basics over and over.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1.21  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.17    2 years ago
Are you saying he didn't make a mistake?

Yes

That's going to be exhibit B. In other words he must have made a mistake!

Wrong.  Wrong in life, wrong in Perry Mason fiction

and wrong here.

6.1.4 stands as Exhibit A

Changing that and then mocking people for "making a mistake" is a ticket.

This is locked for the RA to review.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
7  Drinker of the Wry    2 years ago
The vast majority of Gascon’s own prosecutors supported the recall and, after Monday’s results, vowed to keep fighting him. “The residents of L.A. County cannot afford two years of George Gascón’s dangerous policies. The lives of so many innocent residents are at risk,” Deputy Dist. Atty. Jonathan Hatami said. “So we all must come together to help and stand up for one another until George is gone.”

GregTx
PhD Guide
8  GregTx    2 years ago
"I’m going to get that n-----’s name on my face. That’s a champ right there. F---in’ Gascón," says gang member Luis Angel Hernandez in a jailhouse phone call.

"This s--t looking real good. Now we got a new DA in LA … so they’re going to drop a gang of, um, like my gun enhancement, my gang enhancement," he says in the jailhouse phone call. "My gang enhancement is 10 years, fool, for being a gang member. And then the gun in the commission of a crime."

Hernandez initially faced life without the possibility of parole, which is also barred by Gascón's directives in nearly all cases.

"That’s the n----- right there, bro. He’s making historic changes for all of us, fool. I’m just grateful, fool. Like, I got good news off that s--t,"