╌>

Biden Says He'll Do 'Nothing' Differently, Confident Policies Working

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  gregtx  •  2 years ago  •  93 comments

By:   Nicole Gaudiano

Biden Says He'll Do 'Nothing' Differently, Confident Policies Working
"The more they know about what we're doing, the more support there is," Biden said of voters during a nearly hour-long news conference.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

President Joe Biden on Wednesday projected confidence in the country's direction after the midterm elections, responding "nothing" when asked what he will do differently in the next two years.

"The more they know about what we're doing, the more support there is," Biden said of voters during a nearly hour-long news conference after midterm election results exceeded expectations for Democrats.

With many race results still pending, Republicans are likely to capture control of the House and the Senate is still in play for both parties. But Democrats dodged a so-called "red wave" as midterm elections have historically punished the president's party two years after his first election.

"It was a good day, I think, for democracy," Biden said, later adding: "I know you were somewhat miffed by my obsessive optimism, but I felt good during the whole process."

Biden acknowledged voters' concerns about public safety and inflation, saying "there's still a lot of people hurting." But he said the "overwhelming majority" of Americans support his economic agenda.

"I'm confident these policies are working and that we're on the right path and we need to stick with them," he said, pledging to work with Republicans.

Biden's comments about the next two years came in response to a question from the Associated Press' Zeke Miller, who noted that 75% of Americans say the country is headed in the wrong direction despite the election results.

Biden said people don't want his administration to walk away from the work they have done to lower the cost of prescription drug prices or pass bipartisan legislation to improve the nation's infrastructure. Some measures take time to implement he said, but "there's a lot of things that are just starting to kick in."

"So I'm not gonna change," he said.

But the president noted that he wants to build on some of his achievements, such the gun safety legislation he signed in June.

"We didn't ban assault weapons," he said. "I'm going to ban assault weapons. I'm going to try like the devil."

Biden acknowledged that "some good Democrats" lost their elections, but he said his party had a "strong night."

"We lost fewer seats in the House of Representatives than any Democratic president's first midterm election in the last 40 years," he said. "And we had the best midterm for governors since 1986."

Former President Barack Obama called it a "shellacking" when Democrats lost 63 House seats and six Senate seats in 2010. In 2018, former President Donald Trump lost 40 Republican seats in the House and two in the Senate.

Former President George W. Bush picked up eight House and two Senate seats in 2002 after the September 11, 2001 attacks, but he admitted Republican took a "thumping" in 2006 when losses in both chambers totaled 36.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

GregTx
PhD Guide
1  seeder  GregTx    2 years ago
"Nothing, the more they know about what we're doing, the more support there is"

jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2  Ronin2    2 years ago

Brandon is a human fuck up machine today, tomorrow, and forever.

More of the same that got us into this mess to begin with. Brilliant!

squiggy
Junior Silent
3  squiggy    2 years ago

Ha! Those Babylon people are wild.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4  Snuffy    2 years ago
who noted that 75% of Americans say the country is headed in the wrong direction despite the election results.

How arrogant and out of touch do you have to be when 75% of the voters feel the country is headed in the wrong direction and you refuse to change what  you are doing...  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @4    2 years ago

75% of Americans according to WHO???????????

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4.1.1  Snuffy  replied to  Tessylo @4.1    2 years ago

Read the fucking article, it's printed right there as I copy/pasted the direct line from the article.

Additional reading for  you..

In an AP-NORC survey released Wednesday, 85% of US adults say that things in the country are headed in the wrong direction, with just 14% believing things are going in the right direction. That’s a more pessimistic reading than in May, when 78% said things were headed the wrong way and 21% that things were generally moving in the right direction.

Currently, both 92% of Republicans and 78% of Democrats are dissatisfied with the direction of the country – the highest number among Democrats since President Joe Biden took office last year.

Nearly three-quarters of voters in a new poll said they believed things in the U.S. were headed in the wrong direction.

An NBC News poll revealed just 21 percent of voters feel the nation is headed in the right direction, while 74 percent think the opposite. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @4.1.1    2 years ago

Whatever

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4.1.3  Snuffy  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.2    2 years ago

If you're not going to bother to read the article that you post in, why do you bother?  You do nothing to further the conversation, all you have is snarky replies.  I would rather you just put me on ignore than respond when you cannot even bother yourself to do some basic fucking homework before you respond.  In fact, I think I'll just put you on ignore as you are not worth my time anymore.  

Fuck Off

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Snuffy @4.1.1    2 years ago

Facts don't really matter, and someone here doesn't ever read links. Afraid of knowledge, I suppose.

squiggy
Junior Silent
4.1.5  squiggy  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.2    2 years ago

Yea. He said 75% - lying bastard.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @4.1    2 years ago

[deleted]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.7  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Snuffy @4.1.1    2 years ago

Come on.  You know dude can't comprehend any words with more than one syllable.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4.1.8  Snuffy  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.7    2 years ago

It really frustrates the hell out of me.  I come here in the hopes of having a conversation and learning something new, I don't want to live in an echo chamber.  Hell, the only way we can heal the divisive split in this country is if we start to talk AND LISTEN to one another.  But when someone cannot bother to do anything except provide bullshit replies without any substance, it does nothing to further the conversation.  There are too many people on this board who can do nothing but spout partisan talking points or bullshit, who are only happy when they are in that echo chamber.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @4.1.8    2 years ago

You won't hear/learn anything new talking to JRiNC except bullshit replies without any substance regarding how everything is the fault of President Biden and Democrats.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @4.1.1    2 years ago

No, I'm not going to read the fucking article.  

I'm sure the Hill is a heavily 'right' wing leaning source and not at all reputable.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.4    2 years ago

I don't read links posted by certain people.  You know that.

Also, not worth a cent.  Remember?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.12  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @4.1.3    2 years ago

NO YOU FUCK OFF.  

You keep saying you'll put me on ignore but you won't.  You just have to have the last word.  You keep saying that same fucking shit over and over again.  I know you won't keep your word.  You don't have it in you.  

P.S. that's how forums work - people make comments.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.13  Tessylo  replied to  squiggy @4.1.5    2 years ago

Probably a reich wing source

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
4.1.14  afrayedknot  replied to  Snuffy @4.1.8    2 years ago

“I don't want to live in an echo chamber.”

Agreed. It may start with not voting up those all too numerous inane comments that contribute nothing to a rational ‘conversation’. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.15  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.13    2 years ago

Actually it looks like the Hill is a decent source but is that where you got the 75%?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.11    2 years ago

[deleted]

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4.1.17  Snuffy  replied to  afrayedknot @4.1.14    2 years ago

You may want to go back and check, I believe I voted up some of your comments as well.  I've also upvoted for JR, Trout Giggles and a few others on the left also.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  Snuffy @4.1.1    2 years ago

Don't you know that The Hill, NBC, CNN, and the AP are all right wing media?

[deleted]

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.1.19  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.16    2 years ago

Real Clear Politics has it at 67.9 wrong direction, 24 right direction

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.20  Texan1211  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.1.19    2 years ago

Oh sure, give me yet another right wing source!

Funny, but people arguing have yet to supply ANYTHING at all contradicting the numbers except "nuh uh" bullshit, if it is possible to imagine!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.21  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.10    2 years ago
No, I'm not going to read the fucking article.  

I'm sure the Hill is a heavily 'right' wing leaning source and not at all reputable

Why are you so sure when you don't have clue one about it?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
4.1.22  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.18    2 years ago
[Deleted]

[Deleted]

[Comments about other members are always off topic & no value]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.23  JohnRussell  replied to  Snuffy @4.1.1    2 years ago

Very rarely do polls like this show that the majority of people think the country is on "the right track" although 85% wrong track is pretty high. 

Because we have parties with general "ideologies", conservative and liberal, it is very possible to have both sides say the country is on the wrong track, (but very unlikely both sides would say it is on the right track.) One side because they think the current administration isnt conservative or liberal enough, and the other side because they think the administration is too conservative or liberal. 

I would guess that a fair amount of the 85% wrong track right now is from liberals who think Biden hasnt done enough of the progressive agenda. 

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4.1.24  Snuffy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.23    2 years ago

You may be on to something there JR.  This is a Gallop poll history graph (several pages), actually two graphs.  One is a simple satisfied / dissatisfied, and the other breaks it down to very/ somewhat.   But it doesn't go into why the person / group is dissatisfied.  It could be for a great many different ideas or just that the person being polled that day was having a bad day.  

dennissmith
Freshman Silent
4.1.25  dennissmith  replied to  Snuffy @4.1.3    2 years ago

[deleted]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.26  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Snuffy @4.1.8    2 years ago
Hell, the only way we can heal the divisive split in this country is if we start to talk AND LISTEN to one another.

That's the problem.  There are ignorant trolls on here who will do everything they can to push a narrative no matter how many times that narrative has been proven false.  Many of them don't offer a goddamn thing except random idiotic comments, again, trying to push that same bullshit narrative.  

But when someone cannot bother to do anything except provide bullshit replies without any substance, it does nothing to further the conversation.

The one you are referring to has DM'd me a few times spitting ignorance and hatred.  Then dude has the balls to claim they are "mature".   

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.27  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.1.22    2 years ago

Of course not.  That would destroy the whole fucked up world view they have.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.28  Tessylo  replied to  dennissmith @4.1.25    2 years ago

I'm just all broken up over it.

How will I sleep at night?

squiggy
Junior Silent
4.1.29  squiggy  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.28    2 years ago
How will I sleep at night?

Don't know, but you should end up more productive at work.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.30  Tessylo  replied to  squiggy @4.1.29    2 years ago

How productive are you at work following me around all day?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.31  Trout Giggles  replied to  Snuffy @4.1.1    2 years ago

I can see that. I'm a democrat and not particularly happy with the way things are going. Hell, they just elected a "name" in Arkansas not somebody who can actually govern. And I see the comments from conservatives here and it's clear they don't think everything is rosy

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5  Jasper2529    2 years ago
"The more they know about what we're doing, the more support there is," Biden said of voters during a nearly hour-long news conference after midterm election results exceeded expectations for Democrats. [November, 2022]

Apparently, Joe and his handlers weren't told that even back in April and June 2022, reliable media polls (Gallup, ABC,IPSOS) showed that approximately 75% of Americans disapproved of the direction he was taking our country.

Gallup Poll  -  April 1, 2022

ABC/Ipsos  -  June 5, 2022

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1  Texan1211  replied to  Jasper2529 @5    2 years ago

Oh, man!

Those once reputable news sources have gone all right wing, too?

JBB
Professor Principal
5.2  JBB  replied to  Jasper2529 @5    2 years ago

Does it never occur to you that a hell of a lot of Americans blame the gop, MAGA and Trump for taking America and the world bassackwards...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5.2    2 years ago

If one actually understands the polls people were asked about the current time, not two years ago.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.2.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @5.2    2 years ago

Opinions do vary. China flexing their muscle, North Korea shooting missiles, Russia in Ukraine, Iran sabre rattling.

Yeah that fucking Trump........./S

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.2.3  Jasper2529  replied to  JBB @5.2    2 years ago
Does it never occur to you that a hell of a lot of Americans blame the gop, MAGA and Trump for taking America and the world bassackwards...

Interesting twist, JBB. How is it possible to "blame the gop, MAGA and Trump for taking America and the world bassackwards..." when they didn't control the Executive and Legislative branches in 2021 and 2022?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5.2.4  Snuffy  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.2.3    2 years ago

Didn't you get the memo?  It's always in vogue to blame the prior administration.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.2.3    2 years ago

Is there a self respecting liberal who can't twist anything into Trump's fault?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.2.6  Jasper2529  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.5    2 years ago

TDS seems to be an incurable disease. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.7  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5.2    2 years ago

Does it ever occur to you that it would be fucking stupid for pollsters to ask about how people felt two years ago?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.8  Texan1211  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.2.6    2 years ago

It does indeed!

JBB
Professor Principal
5.2.9  JBB  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.2.3    2 years ago

Do you believe that many liberals have ever thought things have been "going in the right direction"  since about 1980?

Or even that many conservatives either?

We were number one in wealth, health, education, living standards, but no more!

The US has been going down since LBJ.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.2.10  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.7    2 years ago

With Covid, high unemployment, a tanked stock market plus rampant Trump nuts trying to overthrow our government things already sucked two years ago...

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.2.11  Jasper2529  replied to  JBB @5.2.9    2 years ago

You didn't answer my 5.2.3 question. Why?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.12  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5.2.10    2 years ago

And yet more people today think we are headed in the wrong direction under Democratic leadership.

Go figure, huh?

Maybe it has something to do with 40 year highs in inflation.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.2.13  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.12    2 years ago

The threats to democracy posed by the MAGA are getting worse. Which is why,  millions more Democrats voted Tuesday!

The gop offered us no plan to help at all.

The Biden administration already cut the deficit by a trillion dollars and tightened credit to curb inflation. The fix is in so by two years from now things will improve...

Will that make you sad if things improve?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.14  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5.2.13    2 years ago

Why can't you for once just stay on topic?

Short attention span or something?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.15  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @5.2.13    2 years ago

What will they whine about then?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2.16  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @5.2.13    2 years ago
Which is why,  millions more Democrats voted Tuesday!

Republicans won the "popular vote." 

Please stop spreading misinformation. 

JBB
Professor Principal
5.2.17  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.14    2 years ago

Once again, Biden is already doing what needs to be done by cutting spending and raising interest rates, and so there really is nothing he should do differently. If you check the headline that is the very topic.

Oh, i get it. You think the topic is blaming everything on Biden and telling whoppers. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2.18  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @5.2.17    2 years ago
Biden is already doing what needs to be done by cutting spending and raising interest rates

Lol.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.2.19  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @5.2.13    2 years ago

Bullshit. Clintonesque accounting................................

“The entirety of the decline in the deficit between 2021 and 2022 can be attributed to the expiration of temporary COVID relief, not due to a renewed era of fiscal responsibility,” she said, while estimating the “deficit would have been almost $400 billion lower had the Biden Administration not decided to enact an inflationary, costly, and regressive student debt cancellation plan in August.”

You can drop what you added the previous year due to circumstances and proclaim victory even though it's an apples to lug nuts comparison. SMH God the twists some people go to without critical thinking and analysis.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.20  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5.2.17    2 years ago

This is your post which I responded to with:

If one actually understands the polls people were asked about the current time, not two years ago.

You've been shucking and jiving since.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
5.2.21  afrayedknot  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.2.6    2 years ago

“TDS seems to be an incurable disease.”

Invoking ‘tds’ is an insufferable deflection.  

JBB
Professor Principal
5.2.23  JBB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.2.19    2 years ago

"Economics is just math" - Bill Clinton 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.2.24  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @5.2.13    2 years ago
The threats to democracy posed by the MAGA are getting worse.

You all blather on about this but none have given any specific threats.  Care to make an attempt?

The Biden administration already cut the deficit by a trillion dollars and tightened credit to curb inflation.

You're going to have to back that one up.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.25  Texan1211  replied to  afrayedknot @5.2.21    2 years ago
“TDS seems to be an incurable disease.”

There is ample evidence here daily to support that theory.

Invoking ‘tds’ is an insufferable deflection

If one pays attention, one finds that most of the vast majority  of the time it is said comes only AFTER some yahoo exhibits TDS by dragging Trump into something.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.26  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.2.24    2 years ago
ou're going to have to back that one up.

He can't.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.27  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5.2.23    2 years ago
"Economics is just math" - Bill Clinton 

"A cigar is just a dildo"--Also Bill Clinton, with help from a certain sidepiece of his.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.2.28  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.26    2 years ago

I know it.  He knows it.  I'll bet he won't even attempt to respond.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.2.29  JBB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.2.24    2 years ago

Look it up. Biden has cut our deficit by a trillion dollars and raised interest rates. Economies don't turn on a dime. The current problems were baked into the books by Covid and Ukraine and Trump's irresponsible tax cut and Covid spending. Things are already improving, jus slowly...

Within two years markets will soar, rates will stabilize and inflation will be tamed.

In time for Biden to win four more years.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2.30  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @5.2.29    2 years ago
. Biden has cut our deficit by a trillion dollars and raised interest rates.

Lol. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.2.31  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @5.2.29    2 years ago
Look it up.

So it looks like Texan and I are right.  You CAN'T back up the claim.  And for the record, no matter how many times you repeat that fiction, it's still going to be fiction.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.2.32  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.27    2 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif     jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.33  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.2.31    2 years ago

Kind of like that asinine claim about Trump being investigated by all the major agencies as far back as 2014.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.34  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5.2.17    2 years ago

Do enlighten me on when and how Biden raised interest rates, I am really curious about this new-found Presidential power.

Got a link I can read?

JBB
Professor Principal
5.2.35  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.34    2 years ago

Are you unaware Biden's Fed has raised interest rates each of the last few months?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.36  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5.2.35    2 years ago
Are you unaware Biden's Fed has raised interest rates each of the last few months?

I am aware that interest rates have risen dramatically.

Unfortunately for you, I learned long ago that a President has no power to raise or lower rates, the Federal Reserve does that. Biden doesn't dictate to the Federal Reserve. Even if you think he does in spite a shitload of information available proving he doesn't.

Now.

Back to my question.

Please provide a link where Biden got this power no other President in history has ever had.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.2.38  Jasper2529  replied to  afrayedknot @5.2.21    2 years ago
Invoking ‘tds’ is an insufferable deflection.  

I began thread 5's discussion in an on-topic manner and never mentioned Trump. If you follow the thread, JBB was the first to mention former president Trump in comment 5.2 . Hence, my comment 5.2.6 about TDS. I'm still waiting for JBB to answer my question, but he seems to be avoiding me. 

Do consider finding someone else's ankles to chew, because mine aren't available.      

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.2.39  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @5.2.29    2 years ago
In time for Biden to win four more years.

Yea, a 81-85 year old President.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.2.40  Jasper2529  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @5.2.39    2 years ago

Who has shown cognitive and physical disabilities since at least age 75.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  Jasper2529 @5    2 years ago
he more they know about what we're doing, the more support there is,"

Which is strange. They spent months avoiding talking about what they were doing.  The entire campaign was "vote for us or democracy is over" 

JBB
Professor Principal
5.3.1  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.3    2 years ago

Is that what you heard inside the rightwing bubble? You were grievously misinformed. 

Perhaps you should get new news sources...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3.2  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @5.3.1    2 years ago

They've got nothing jbb and they never will.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.3  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @5.3.2    2 years ago
They've got nothing jbb and they never will.

Besides reading articles, links, facts, and being able to intelligently discuss them, no, we ain't got nothing.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3.4  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @5.3.3    2 years ago

No, you don't got nothin'.

Not worth a cent.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.5  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @5.3.4    2 years ago

Tell the truth-have you ever read an article or link you have demanded?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3.6  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @5.3.1    2 years ago

Someone said 'intelligently discuss' - who has never intelligently discussed anything.

What a hoot!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.7  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @5.3.6    2 years ago
Someone said 'intelligently discuss' - who has never intelligently discussed anything.

Have you read any articles here?

JBB
Professor Principal
5.3.8  JBB  replied to  Tessylo @5.3.6    2 years ago

I know. The ridiculousness never ceases.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.9  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5.3.8    2 years ago
I know. The ridiculousness never ceases.

Please provide me with a link giving Biden the power to raise interest rates.

I am curious as to where his new-found power came from.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.3.11  Jasper2529  replied to    2 years ago
He has alot of powers almost like a super hero. He even got that ukranian prosecutor fired just by thinking it.

You Tube doesn't have a single left wing media video about Biden's quid pro quo.

squiggy
Junior Silent
6  squiggy    2 years ago

"The more they know about what we're doing, the more support there is,"

That's like saying, "If I give each of them $10,000, they'll vote for me."

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
7  Dismayed Patriot    2 years ago
"the Associated Press' Zeke Miller, who noted that 75% of Americans say the country is headed in the wrong direction despite the election results."

The reality is that even though 2/3rds of the country think we're "headed in the wrong direction", the election results reveal that this doesn't mean 75% necessarily want to go in the Republican direction either.

I believe the majority of Americans want a government that can function for everyone and isn't mired in a partisan battle of attrition. The problem is this has always been the core struggle between the two parties, one wanting to build a government that addresses its citizens needs and is actually helpful vs a party that wants to shrink the government to the size that they could drown it in a bathtub.