╌>

Facing death threats, some House Republicans are meeting MAGA monster they created - Rare

Category:  News & Politics

By:  krishna  •  last year  •  38 comments

Facing death threats, some House Republicans are meeting MAGA monster they created - Rare
Death threats. Intimidation. Family members called out by strangers Rare?

A number of House Republicans who  refuse to support right-wing Rep. Jim Jordan for House speaker  are suddenly learning the true language of Donald Trump’s MAGA movement, a movement they have either tolerated or nurtured for years. While MAGA fury is usually directed at liberals, this time it's hitting him like unfriendly fire.

Rep. Nick LaLota of New York , after voting against Jordan, said he received an email that read: “Go f--- yourself and die if I see your face, I will whip all the hair out of your f---ing head you f---ing scumbag.”

Rep. Drew Ferguson of Georgia  said in a statement that after voting against Jordan, his family started receiving death threats: "That is simply unacceptable, unforgivable, and will never be tolerated.”

Axios reported that  Ferguson told other House Republicans  in a Thursday meeting “that he’s had to have a sheriff stationed at his daughter’s school over death threats from the far right. Also one at his house.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  author  Krishna    last year

The New York Times reported  that the wife of Rep. Don Bacon of Nebraska "has begun sleeping with a loaded gun after receiving increasingly menacing anonymous calls and texts.”

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Krishna @1    last year

Ya!  The King Turd former 'president' the leader/inciter of the magats along with the gqp/republiCONS/CONServatives have created/unleased quite the monster.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @1.1    last year

unleashed

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.2  cjcold  replied to  Krishna @1    last year

Low IQ folk got lobotomized by fox and far right fascist media.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @1.2    last year
Low IQ folk got lobotomized by fox and far fascist media.

I wondered how long before the obligatory "fascist" shit would show.

[Deleted]

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.2.2  cjcold  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.1    last year

Trump and all of his followers are fascists.

The word is in the dictionary. Look it up.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @1.2.2    last year
Trump and all of his followers are fascists.

That comment, of course, is false.

I don't see how it is possible for anyone to actually "think" that there are over 70 MILLION fascists in America!

As far as looking it up, I kindly suggest YOU do that so you may learn at long last how to use the word appropriately.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  author  Krishna    last year

Rep. Ken Buck of Colorado  said Thursday: “I've had four death threats. I've been evicted from my office in Colorado … because the landlord is mad with my voting record on the speaker issue, and everybody in the conference is getting this. ... Family members have been approached and threatened.”

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  author  Krishna    last year

What goes around comes around! jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4  Buzz of the Orient    last year

This is the first line in folksinger Tom Paxton's song The Last Thing On My Mind...

"It's a lesson too late for the learnin'"

And a line in a song Bob Dylan sings...

"When will they ever learn, when will they ever learn?"

I believe the Republicans are going to be toast Novernber '24.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  author  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4    last year
When will they ever learn, when will they ever learn?"

Most of them will never learn. jrSmiley_1_smiley_image.png

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  cjcold  replied to  Krishna @4.1    last year

Far right wingers are incapable of learning.

Far right wing fascism is a toxic disease.

Hate of the other is all fascists have to offer. 

Michael C.
Freshman Guide
4.2  Michael C.  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4    last year

I agree.

And aside from all the obvious reasons, I still think most commentators are underestimating the inpact of the abortion issue-- its really, really gonna hurt most Republicans more than they know. (People just don't want Big Government interferring in their lives, telling them what to do).

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.3  author  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4    last year

If not toast it at least seems likely that they are going to be "blowin' in the wind"

(And that, my friend, is where the answer is blowin")

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5  Buzz of the Orient    last year

IMO, if the Republicans had a brain in their head, if they really wanted to re-earn any respect, they would vote Liz Cheney in as speaker - IMO she has proven principles and integrity, is still a conservative, and I'm sure would earn bipartisan support because she has proven that she can be bipartisan and IMO the U.S.A. needs to do that to save its own democracy because right now the world is watching and I'm sure they can't believe their eyes.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1  author  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5    last year

Liz Cheney will never get anywhere in the Republican Party. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @5.1    last year

“Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.”

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.2  TᵢG  replied to  Krishna @5.1    last year

Not until the GOP returns to what it used to be.   The current Trump infested GOP is not healthy for anyone.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
5.1.3  cjcold  replied to  Krishna @5.1    last year

The far right hate folk who can think.

Liz is one of the best of the worst.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2  author  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5    last year
if they really wanted to re-earn any respect, they would vote Liz Cheney in as speaker - IMO she has proven principles and integrity,

Well, I'm still sticking to my original choice-- for the Republican Presidential candidate: George Santos! He truly embodies all the best prinicples of the Republican Party.

And also of MAGA-- constant lying!

Why keep pussyfooting around with all these votes that get us nowhere?

Heck-- he could beat Ron Desanctimonious for the Republican nomination any day! 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @5.2    last year

Well, I guess that if the Americans can vote to represent them, people like George Santos, they deserve what's happening..  

cjcold
Professor Quiet
5.2.2  cjcold  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.2.1    last year

Far right wing Americans make many mistakes.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.3  Tessylo  replied to  cjcold @5.2.2    last year

And decent people suffer the consequences of their agnorance.

Kavika
Professor Principal
7  Kavika     last year

They created their own Frankenstein and now it's coming back to destroy them.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
8  Nerm_L    last year

House Republicans are meeting the MAGA monster they created????  They who?

Democracy requires that the political parties be shaped and molded by voters.  So, asking 'they who' is not a rhetorical or frivolous question.  Either the two political parties represent their voter base in a democratic manner or the parties are shaped by a political autocracy controlling the party.  Keep in mind that an autocratic political party cannot govern democratically.

House Republicans (as well as House Democrats) either represent their constituencies or they represent the ideology of a political autocracy.  Those who desire the political party to shape the political thinking of voters are advocating for autocracy.  Those who believe the purpose of a political party is to impose an ideology onto voters are pursuing dictatorial government.

So, who created the MAGA monster?  If the idea is to confront MAGA then it's necessary to understand where it came from.  Maybe that's why using institutional government to attack Trump was a stupid idea.  What we've seen in recent polling really does indicate that Trump was created and not the creator.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Nerm_L @8    last year

I guess some missed the 2020 riots and the recent college Palestinian protests.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
8.1.1  Nerm_L  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1    last year
I guess some missed the 2020 riots and the recent college Palestinian protests.

Democrats would tell us that cooler heads prevail.  What does that tell us about who shapes and molds Democrat politics?

The chaos we're witnessing within the Republican Party suggests that the autocratic party establishment has lost considerable control over the party.  The Republican Party is attempting to return to a coalition of political wings within the party.  The House Speaker fight suggests that the conference is rejecting the idea that a strong Speaker is required to maintain ideological purity.  Republicans are searching for a weak Speaker that must compromise within the Republican Party and form coalitions among the political wings.

Believe it or not, what the Republican Party needs now is a bitter, knock down fight over the party platform.  Yes, Democrats would laugh their asses off, until it's too late.  If the Republican Party returns to coalition of political wings within the party (as was the case pre-Reagan) then Democrats won't be able to compete as an autocratic ideological party.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Nerm_L @8.1.1    last year
If the Republican Party returns to coalition of political wings within the party (as was the case pre-Reagan) then Democrats won't be able to compete as an autocratic ideological party.  

I just don't know if that is true anymore.  America is no longer the same country. Elections are about banking votes and the democrats no longer try to win on the merits of issues.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
8.1.3  Nerm_L  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.2    last year
I just don't know if that is true anymore.  America is no longer the same country. Elections are about banking votes and the democrats no longer try to win on the merits of issues.

Well Democrats are campaigning on ideological purity maintained by a strong, autocratic party establishment.  How is that different from the Republican Party when G. W. Bush was President? 

We're witnessing the result of Republicans depending upon ideological purity within the ranks.  The Republican Party is in chaos now because the Republican base has revolted.  The base expects more from Republicans than just winning elections, don't they?  For Republicans it doesn't seem to be about ideology any longer.

If the Republican grassroots revolt succeeds then why wouldn't Democrats want to do the same thing?  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Nerm_L @8.1.3    last year

Nothing you or Vic seem to believe is rooted in truth or reality

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.4    last year

Lol

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.6    last year

Some laugh at the truth from the depths of their denial.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
8.1.8  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.6    last year

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Gsquared
Professor Principal
8.1.9  Gsquared  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.4    last year
Nothing you or Vic seem to believe is rooted in truth or reality

That doesn't stop them from spreading fake reactionary propaganda.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.2  author  Krishna  replied to  Nerm_L @8    last year

Asked and answered!

(You just asked and answered your own question---good on ya!)

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
8.2.1  Nerm_L  replied to  Krishna @8.2    last year
Asked and answered! (You just asked and answered your own question---good on ya!)

Ain't it interesting that every attack by Democrats makes MAGA stronger?  

What doesn't kill you only mutates and tries again.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.2.2  author  Krishna  replied to  Nerm_L @8.2.1    last year
Ain't it interesting that every attack by Democrats makes MAGA stronger? 

No it isn't interesting.

Nor is it true.

(But you already knew that).

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
9  al Jizzerror    last year

ReTrumplicans used to joke about the "MAGA monster".

It's not so funny when it threatens them.