╌>

Ex-officer Derek Chauvin, convicted in George Floyd's killing, stabbed in prison, AP source says

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  11 months ago  •  93 comments

By:   MICHAEL R. SISAK,

Ex-officer Derek Chauvin, convicted in George Floyd's killing, stabbed in prison, AP source says
Chauvin’s lawyer, Eric Nelson, had advocated for keeping him out of general population and away from other inmates, anticipating he’d be a target. In Minnesota, Chauvin was mainly kept in solitary confinement “largely for his own protection,” Nelson wrote in court papers last year.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

D erek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer  convicted of murdering George Floyd , was stabbed by another inmate and seriously injured Friday at a federal prison in Arizona, a person familiar with the matter told The Associated Press.

The attack happened at the Federal Correctional Institution, Tucson, a medium-security prison that has been plagued by security lapses and staffing shortages. The person was not authorized to publicly discuss details of the attack and spoke to the AP on the condition of anonymity.

The Bureau of Prisons confirmed that an incarcerated person was assaulted at FCI Tucson at around 12:30 p.m. local time Friday. In a statement, the agency said responding employees contained the incident and performed “life-saving measures” before the inmate, who it did not name, was taken to a hospital for further treatment and evaluation.

No employees were injured and the FBI was notified, the Bureau of Prisons said. Visiting at the facility, which has about 380 inmates, has been suspended.

Messages seeking comment were left with Chauvin’s lawyers and the FBI.

Chauvin’s stabbing is the second high-profile attack on a federal prisoner in the last five months. In July,  disgraced sports doctor Larry Nassar was stabbed by a fellow inmate  at a federal penitentiary in Florida.

It is also the second major incident at the Tucson federal prison in a little over a year. In November 2022, an inmate at the facility’s low-security prison camp  pulled out a gun and attempted to shoot a visitor in the head . The weapon, which the inmate shouldn’t have had, misfired and no one was hurt.

Chauvin, 47, was  sent to FCI Tucson  from a maximum-security Minnesota state prison in August 2022 to simultaneously serve a 21-year federal sentence  for violating Floyd’s civil rights  and a 22½-year state sentence  for second-degree murder .

Chauvin’s lawyer, Eric Nelson, had advocated for keeping him out of general population and away from other inmates, anticipating he’d be a target. In Minnesota, Chauvin was  mainly kept in solitary confinement  “largely for his own protection,” Nelson wrote in court papers last year.

Last week,  the U.S. Supreme Court rejected Chauvin’s appeal  of his murder conviction. Separately, Chauvin is making a  longshot bid to overturn his federal guilty plea , claiming new evidence shows he didn’t cause Floyd’s death.

Floyd, who was Black, died on May 25, 2020, after Chauvin, who is white, pressed a knee on his neck for 9½ minutes on the street outside a convenience store where Floyd was suspected of trying to pass a counterfeit $20 bill.

Bystander video captured Floyd’s fading cries of “I can’t breathe.” His death touched off protests worldwide, some of which turned violent, and forced a  national reckoning with police brutality and racism .

Three other former officers who were at the scene received lesser  state and federal sentences  for their roles in Floyd’s death.

Chauvin’s stabbing comes as the federal Bureau of Prisons has faced increased scrutiny in recent years following  wealthy financier Jeffrey Epstein’s jail suicide in 2019 . It's another example of the agency’s inability to keep even its highest profile prisoners safe after Nassar’s stabbing and  “Unabomber” Ted Kaczynski’s suicide  at a federal medical center in June.

An  ongoing AP investigation  has uncovered deep, previously unreported flaws within the Bureau of Prisons, the Justice Department’s largest law enforcement agency with more than 30,000 employees, 158,000 inmates and an annual budget of about $8 billion.

AP reporting has revealed  rampant sexual abuse  and  other criminal conduct  by staff,  dozens of escapes , chronic violence, deaths and  severe staffing shortages  that have  hampered responses to emergencies , including inmate assaults and suicides.

Bureau of Prisons Director Colette Peters was  brought in last year to reform the crisis-plagued agency . She vowed to change archaic hiring practices and bring new transparency, while emphasizing that the agency's mission is “to make good neighbors, not good inmates."

Testifying before the Senate Judiciary Committee in September, Peters  touted steps she'd taken to overhaul problematic prisons  and beef up internal affairs investigations. This month, she told a House Judiciary subcommittee that hiring had improved and that new hires were outpacing retirements and other departures.

But Peters has also irritated lawmakers who said she reneged on her promise to be candid and open with them. In September, senators scolded her for forcing them to wait more than a year for answers to written questions and for claiming that she  couldn’t answer basic questions about agency operations , like how many correctional officers are on staff.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    11 months ago

Who was the victim on May 25, 2020?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    11 months ago

The dead guy. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    11 months ago

The one full of drugs with the bad heart that probably died of complications of both: that guy?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    11 months ago

Better luck next time to whoever stabbed him!

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    11 months ago

The one full of drugs with the bad heart that probably died of complications of both: that guy?

So Chauvin knew all that before the arrest? At the end of the day, kneeling on someone's neck for 9 minutes is absolutely unnecessary. At MOST a few seconds to put the cuffs on, (and leg restraints if needed), but 9 fucking minutes Vic? Seriously? That's well beyond incompetent and the JURY saw that. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    11 months ago

gee, maybe he wouldn't lie still long enough for somebody to kneel on his neck for 10 minutes. it's hilarious when murderous public servants get a heaping helping of karma...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @1.2    11 months ago

But Chauvin wasn't the cause of death.

"They" lied.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    11 months ago

Yes, Chauvin murdered Floyd in front of dozens of witnesses.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.2.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  devangelical @1.2    11 months ago

Exactly, karma, not FCI failure.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.2.4  MrFrost  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.2    11 months ago

Yes, Chauvin murdered Floyd in front of dozens of witnesses.

Bingo. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.2.5  bugsy  replied to  MrFrost @1.2.4    11 months ago

Meh...

One less POS off the street.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.2.6  MrFrost  replied to  bugsy @1.2.5    11 months ago

One less POS off the street.

I agree, Chauvin was clearly a POS. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.2.7  bugsy  replied to  MrFrost @1.2.6    11 months ago

Maybe he is...

But the real POS is dead.

Good riddance.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.8  JBB  replied to  bugsy @1.2.7    11 months ago

Any police officers left with that attitude are the very root of the problem. They are not our judge, jury and executioner! 

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.2.9  bugsy  replied to  JBB @1.2.8    11 months ago

Where did I say that he was? I said a POS (Floyd) was taken off the street.

That's it.

You want to read something else into it.....

not my problem.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.2.10  MrFrost  replied to  bugsy @1.2.7    11 months ago
But the real POS is dead.

So Floyd was trying to pass a fake 20, Chauvin murdered someone and Floyd is the POS? 

That's one hell of an echo chamber you live in. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.2.11  bugsy  replied to  MrFrost @1.2.10    11 months ago

Floyd scammed and victimized many people over the years. I feel the same about every criminal.

My post stands.

The POS has been removed from this earth.

If you think the truth is an echo chamber, than so be it.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.2.12  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @1.2.8    11 months ago

What can we do to get progressives to step up and take the oath?

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.2.13  bugsy  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.2.12    11 months ago
What can we do to get progressives to step up and take the oath?

Never will happen.

Even if it did, their first order of business would be to defund themselves and throw Molotov cocktails down their pants.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.2.14  Sean Treacy  replied to  MrFrost @1.2.10    11 months ago
So Floyd was trying to pass a fake 20,

He was an armed robber who  robbed a woman at gunpoint in her home in  front of her young  child. 

A true left wing hero.  Well deserving of the statue they built of him. 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.2.15  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  bugsy @1.2.13    11 months ago

Here in our nation’s capital, the city police force has around 3,350 sworn officers, a net loss of about 450 over the past three years. Current expectations has the size of the force falling to about 3,130 by the end of 2024.  All the while more restaurants and retail businesses fail due to crime.  Big market though in used cars and car parts with the sharp increase in hijackings.  

We have lots of progressives here but few willing to take on the responsibility of helping the community.  All talk and little walk.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.2.16  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2.14    11 months ago
A true left wing hero. 

A true hero to his family after leaving them around $40M.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.2.17  MrFrost  replied to  bugsy @1.2.11    11 months ago

If you think the truth is an echo chamber, than so be it.

Um, you posted your opinion, not a fact. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.2.18  bugsy  replied to  MrFrost @1.2.17    11 months ago

My opinion tends to turn out as fact....

Therefore, I can claim with certainty....

I am not a leftist.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    11 months ago

This is good news!  A murderer got stabbed.  I'm all broken up about it.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.3.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @1.3    11 months ago

Exactly, good news.  Stabbings and rape are just part of a federal sentence:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Inside one of the only federal women’s prisons in the United States, inmates say they have been subjected to rampant sexual abuse by correctional officers and even the warden, and were often threatened or punished when they tried to speak up.

Prisoners and workers at the federal correctional institution in Dublin, California, even have a name for it: “The rape club".

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.2  Tessylo  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.3.1    11 months ago

Deflection

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.3.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.2    11 months ago

Didn't really read the seed again?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Vic Eldred    11 months ago

How does one get at someone in solitary confinement with a knife?

Maybe that is why they wanted him in with the general population.  He was the great villain of the radical left!

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    11 months ago

I am sure there are some that will celebrate his stabbing and hope for his demise.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.1    11 months ago

See comment 1.3 .

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.1    11 months ago

Karma is a bitch ain't it?

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.1.3  Right Down the Center  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.1.1    11 months ago

Not surprised.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.1.4  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.2    11 months ago

No

Gazoo
Junior Silent
2.2  Gazoo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    11 months ago

“He was the great villain of the radical left!”

all he needs to do to be a hero to the whacked out left is come out against trump.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.2.1  JBB  replied to  Gazoo @2.2    11 months ago

What did Chauvin do to be a rightwing hero?

Never mind. Chauvin murdered a black man!

Gazoo
Junior Silent
2.2.2  Gazoo  replied to  JBB @2.2.1    11 months ago

I don’t know anybody that thinks he’s a hero. [Deleted]

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.2.3  Right Down the Center  replied to  JBB @2.2.1    11 months ago

What proof do you have that the right feel he is a hero?

JBB
Professor Principal
2.2.4  JBB  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.2.3    11 months ago

I submit the comments by rightwingers here as evidence...

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.5  bugsy  replied to  JBB @2.2.1    11 months ago

No one thinks he is a hero.

Here is a question for you to ponder.

What did Floyd, a known scammer, felon and woman beater that has had (ooops...scratch the "has") multiple convictions over the years, do to be a hero and deserve a statue in his honor?

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.6  bugsy  replied to  JBB @2.2.4    11 months ago

Just because someone takes a POS off the streets does not make him a hero.

He just took a POS off the streets.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
2.2.7  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @2.2.4    11 months ago

To submit them as evidence, you need to quote them, otherwise it’s just hot air.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.2.8  Right Down the Center  replied to  JBB @2.2.4    11 months ago

Please enlighten me.  I see no one that says Chauvin is a hero.  And even if any one or two did please tell me how that relates to the right as a whole.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.2.9  JBB  replied to  bugsy @2.2.5    11 months ago

While I agree Floyd was no hero, his summary and very public execution under the relentless knee of office Derek Chauvin made him another victim of murderous police brutality...

Another in a long list of Americans unnecessarily killed by those sworn to serve and protect. Heroes? What heroes?

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
2.2.10  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @2.2.9    11 months ago

Still no quotes to back up your assertion on 2.2.4 ?

Another in a long list of Americans unnecessarily killed by those sworn to serve and protect.

Why don’t cities with Dem mayors and councils, and Dem DA’s reform their PD’s?

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.11  bugsy  replied to  JBB @2.2.9    11 months ago

Let me put it this way and I am going to leave it there...

If most of these idiots that were killed by police did not put themselves, VOLUNTARILY, in situations where they would not have made contact with the po po, then maybe, just maybe, they would be alive today.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.12  bugsy  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.2.10    11 months ago
Why don’t cities with Dem mayors and councils, and Dem DA’s reform their PD’s?

They did....

By defunding them

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.2.13  Right Down the Center  replied to  bugsy @2.2.12    11 months ago
By defunding them

And many of them are whining about it now.  A few are even trying to blame Republicans for defunding police in hopes people are really really stupid.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.2.14  Right Down the Center  replied to  bugsy @2.2.11    11 months ago
If most of these idiots that were killed by police did not put themselves, VOLUNTARILY, in situations where they would not have made contact with the po po, then maybe, just maybe, they would be alive today.

Funny that as a white male my father taught me that as soon as I learned to drive.  He also told me if I was ever stopped yes sir and no sir should be about all I say to a cop stopping me.  It was not time to be a wise ass and attempt to be funny.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.15  bugsy  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.2.14    11 months ago
Funny that as a white male my father taught me that as soon as I learned to drive.  He also told me if I was ever stopped yes sir and no sir should be about all I say to a cop stopping me.  It was not time to be a wise ass and attempt to be funny.

Wow!!!!

My father taught me the same thing.

Maybe we are related.......

Surely no one else has ever been taught this.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.16  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @2.2.4    11 months ago

Yup and their endless defense of the indefensible, of the murderer chauvin and blame the victim, Floyd

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.2.17  Right Down the Center  replied to  bugsy @2.2.15    11 months ago
Surely no one else has ever been taught this.

Sometimes I actually wonder.  The number of people with their law degrees from Facebook, twitter, Instagram, etc. telling police what their rights are seems to be exploding.  My son in law (a cop) tells us these stories often and always ends them with "You can't make this shit up". 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.18  Tessylo  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.2.14    11 months ago

Gee, and as a white male you never had any worries about being killed by a racist cop, like chauvin, for no reason other than being black.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.19  bugsy  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.2.17    11 months ago

The last time I was pulled over many years ago, it was by a black cop.

Funny that I was respectful, answered his questions, called him "sir" (probably the military and my dad's military telling me to do so....or just plain respect.)

The weirdest thing?

I was let off with a warning.

To this day, I'm not sure why he would do such a thing s/

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.2.20  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.18    11 months ago
you never had any worries about being killed by a racist cop, like chauvin, for no reason other than being black.

All the more reason to do exactly what my father told me.  Don't give any of the .000001% of the actual racist cops a reason to do anything bad. 

The outcome might very well have been different if he actually followed the advice I was talking about.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.2.21  Right Down the Center  replied to  bugsy @2.2.19    11 months ago
Funny that I was respectful, answered his questions, called him "sir" (probably the military and my dad's military telling me to do so....or just plain respect.)

The weirdest thing?

I was let off with a warning.

Amazing the number of people that don't get it.  They would rather say all cops are racist therefore resist and give the cop a reason to .........(fill in the blank).

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     11 months ago

So, Chauvin was convicted, lost on appeal and now he is somehow innocent. There was a video of the murder and multiple witnesses and this isn't like it's the first time it ever happened in Minneapolis and much of MN. The Police Dept has a bad rap which is quite accurate. They have been out of control for decades and have lost numerous cases against them. 

Remember this is where a ''training officer'' with over 20 years as an LEO couldn't tell the difference between her firearm and a fricking taser, result one dead citizen or the shooting a guy sitting in his car with his girlfriend and their baby there. 

I'm not happy that he was stabbed nor do I want him to die. I want him to serve every day that he was sentenced to, every single day.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Kavika @3    11 months ago
now he is somehow innocent

I haven't found evidence of anyone in the seeded article or in comments here that support your claim. Perhaps I missed it? If I did, please show me where I can find it. Thanks!

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Jasper2529 @3.1    11 months ago
I haven't found evidence of anyone in the seeded article or in comments here that support your claim. Perhaps I missed it? If I did, please show me where I can find it. Thanks!

Just review Vic's comments 1, 1.1.1 and 1.2.1

You're welcome.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Kavika @3.1.1    11 months ago

None of those comments state that Chauvin is innocent. They do, however, pose questions and provide facts.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Kavika   replied to  Jasper2529 @3.1.2    11 months ago

Everyone has an opinion.

Who was the victim on May 25, 2020?

There is a question in that one but where is the fact?

Another with a question but again ''probably'' isn't a fact.

"They" lied.

Sounds like a statement without any facts. 

Cheers, I'm off to have a great dinner.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
3.2  MrFrost  replied to  Kavika @3    11 months ago
So, Chauvin was convicted, lost on appeal and now he is somehow innocent.

Oh, if Floyd was a black cop kneeling on a white guys neck for 9 minutes, (until he died), you can bet that the right wing would STILL be outraged about it. 

Gazoo
Junior Silent
3.2.1  Gazoo  replied to  MrFrost @3.2    11 months ago

“you can bet that the right wing would STILL be outraged about it.”

I doubt it. Most would probably look at it as “good, one less thug on the street to victimize innocent people”.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Gazoo @3.2.1    11 months ago
I doubt it. Most would probably look at it as “good, one less thug on the street to victimize innocent people”.

Bingo!

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.3  bugsy  replied to  MrFrost @3.2    11 months ago
if Floyd was a black cop kneeling on a white guys neck for 9 minutes

We would never have heard about it.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
4  MrFrost    11 months ago

Chauvin got what he deserved. Fuck that worthless POS. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @4    11 months ago
Chauvin got what he deserved.

So you think being stabbed while in prison is appropriate punishment?

Wow.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
4.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1    11 months ago
So you think being stabbed while in prison is appropriate punishment?

So you think that kneeling on someone's neck for 9 minutes, killing them, for passing a fake 20 is appropriate punishment?

Wow. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @4.1.1    11 months ago

I never claimed anything like that ever, but you claimed him getting stabbed was what he deserved, hence my question  that you didn't answer.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
4.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.2    11 months ago
you claimed him getting stabbed was what he deserved

In my opinion yes, he got what he deserved. 

MrFrost
Professor Guide
4.1.4  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.2    11 months ago
I never claimed anything like that ever

You said, "what I think", so, I simply retorted with, "what YOU think". See how easy that was? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @4.1.4    11 months ago

So you think stabbing is an appropriate punishment.

A little harsh, but I get that revenge feeds the bloodlust.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
4.1.6  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.5    11 months ago
So you think stabbing is an appropriate punishment.

For murdering someone? He should have received far worse than a shanking.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @4.1.6    11 months ago

I am guessing then that you don't like our system of justice.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.1.8  Right Down the Center  replied to  MrFrost @4.1.6    11 months ago
He should have received far worse than a shanking.

Do you believe in capital punishment for all murderers?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.1.8    11 months ago

Interesting question.

I am curious about the answer.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.1.10  bugsy  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.1.8    11 months ago

Only those that killed those that the left martyrs.

GregTx
Professor Guide
4.1.11  GregTx  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.9    11 months ago

Don't hold your breath...

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.1.12  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  MrFrost @4.1.6    11 months ago

The DA and DoJ let us down?

MrFrost
Professor Guide
4.1.13  MrFrost  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.1.8    11 months ago

Do you believe in capital punishment for all murderers?

After one appeal, (because even courts of law can make mistakes)? Yes I do. I am a 100% supporter of the death penalty. 

MrFrost
Professor Guide
4.1.14  MrFrost  replied to  GregTx @4.1.11    11 months ago

Don't hold your breath...

She should have...answered. 

GregTx
Professor Guide
4.1.15  GregTx  replied to  MrFrost @4.1.14    11 months ago

Yes, and an interesting one too.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
4.1.16  MrFrost  replied to  GregTx @4.1.15    11 months ago

Let me guess, you don't support the death penalty?

GregTx
Professor Guide
4.1.17  GregTx  replied to  MrFrost @4.1.16    11 months ago
Let me guess, you don't support the death penalty?

Absolutely, I just find it interesting that someone as progressive as you seem to be would think one appeal is sufficient..... 

because even courts of law can make mistakes

Or do you just approve of yard justice?...

MrFrost
Professor Guide
4.1.18  MrFrost  replied to  GregTx @4.1.17    11 months ago

How many should they get?

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.1.19  Right Down the Center  replied to  MrFrost @4.1.13    11 months ago

Are there any other crimes you believe deserve capital punishment?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.20  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @4.1.1    11 months ago

Some appear to feel that the murderer chauvin was the judge, jury, and executioner.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.21  Tessylo  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.1.19    11 months ago

Like Floyd?  Do you feel death was the appropriate sentence for allegedly trying to pass a counterfeit bill?  His life was worth $20 to some.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.1.22  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.21    11 months ago

Did I ever say it was?  I am specifically talking about going through the justice system.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.1.23  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.21    11 months ago
His life was worth $20 to some.

His death was worth $40M to his family.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.1.24  bugsy  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.1.23    11 months ago
His death was worth $40M to his family.

The family, whom he probably had little contact with, is now saying..

George who?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5  Buzz of the Orient    11 months ago

IMO it was inevitable that Chauvin would be attacked if he were not kept isolated from the general inmate population, as damn well everyone knows unless they were born yesterday.  Now, the question could be asked, are they going to put Donnie in a cell with "Big Bubba"?

MrFrost
Professor Guide
6  MrFrost    11 months ago

Chauvin got shanked on Black Friday...gotta love it.