╌>

Operation: Trigger Trump

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  4 months ago  •  276 comments

Operation: Trigger Trump
Three sources familiar with the debate prep told NBC News that Biden advisors are studying the former president's recent comments to see what topics might get under his skin most — all an effort to throw off what appears to be a more disciplined Trump as of late.

Link to quote: Biden debate prep focused on ways to 'trigger' Trump as former president relies on campaigning: reports (msn.com)

Tonight is debate night. Trump is ready for anything, and the Biden campaign intends to somehow trigger Trump so that will become the only issue tonight rather that Joe Biden's horrendous tenure as president. As I have already said, we know what these two men stand for. They have both served as President. Trump served the people and Biden bowed shamelessly to the radical left wing of his party. We may as well have had Bill Ayers and Angela Davis running the country the past four years.

As most observers will grade the two candidates, I will instead grade the two partisan moderators. I will list each question asked of each candidate. 

I shall rate them thus:

A = A fair question on any of the major issues (the economy, the border, crime)

B = Foreign policy or abortion

C = Vision of a 2024 administration

F = Things the Biden campaign wants to talk about (the 2020 election, Jan 6th, rhetoric)

The debate begins at 9:PM EST and I'll be here to call balls & strikes.

There is something else I want to cover this morning:

The Department of Homeland Security has identified over 400 immigrants from Central Asia and elsewhere who crossed into the U.S. in the past three years as “subjects of concern” because they were brought by an ISIS-affiliated human smuggling network, three U.S. officials tell NBC News.

While over 150 of them have been arrested, the whereabouts of over 50 remain unknown, the officials said, and Immigration and Customs Enforcement is looking to arrest them on immigration charges when they are located.

One of the U.S. officials said people affiliated with ISIS are operating as human smugglers in Central Asia and helping people there leave their countries and travel to the West, where they are then smuggled into the U.S. It is not known whether the human smuggling activity directly funds ISIS activity or whether ISIS members are making personal money through human smuggling on the side, the U.S. official said.

DHS identifies over 400 migrants brought to the U.S. by an ISIS-affiliated human smuggling network (nbcnews.com)

Biden's Director of Homeland Security was asked about it and he tried to spin his way out of a report from his own department.

“That reporting is incorrect,”  Mayorkas said  Wednesday in Tuscon, Ariz. “We do not have identified 400 people with potential ISIS ties.”

Mayorkas denies report that 400 migrants linked to ISIS-affiliated network (msn.com)

Still voting for Biden?

In other news:

The Supreme Court rejected a Republican challenge to the Biden administration’s efforts to get social media companies to limit misinformation. The government knew right where the line was and avoided crossing it. The court’s website posted and then quickly removed a document suggesting that a forthcoming decision would temporarily allow abortions in Idaho, via another strange leak.

Trump leads Biden by three percentage points in the first New York Times/Siena College national poll since Trump’s conviction. A Republican super PAC is trying to persuade Trump supporters to vote early or by absentee ballot.

House Republicans advanced a bill that would cut funding for the Justice Department in an effort to hold the DOJ accountable for weaponizing & politicizing the law.

Identity theft has overwhelmed the IRS, causing a backlog of 500,000 unresolved fraud cases. Some victims wait years for refunds.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    4 months ago

Good morning.

GQ7gmh0bwAA6yy5?format=jpg&name=small

The big show will take place tonight and all eyes will be on Atlanta.

Good luck Donald.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    4 months ago

LOL, it looks like all the excuses are in place for the incompetent convicted felon's expected abysmal performance...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @1.1    4 months ago

A rare appearance today!

Good afternoon.

You say Trump's performance will be abysmal?

Here's a question for ya: MSNBC hasn't allowed viewers to see any Trump interviews or rallies because they claim everything, he says will be a lie and they can't publish lies.  So, how will they cover tonight's debate?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    4 months ago

I'm not expecting much from trump except for hyperbole...

I don't know and I don't care what msnbc does. I don't require anyone to tell me how to analyze anything I can use logic and reason to interpret for myself. the convicted felon is walking into a space with no audience of cheering gullible sycophants and a kill switch on his microphone. small wonder his supporters are so anxious. most likely he'll be answering the same questions as his opponent that are put forth by the moderators.

how any media outlet covering it decides to deconstruct the debate afterwards is up to each of them. I certainly won't need to rely on any number of predetermined excuses to hide behind when the debate is finished to decide who won or who lost, and clairvoyance probably won't be needed to predict the unified reaction of his supporters tomorrow.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @1.1.2    4 months ago

Ok, "don't know and don't care."

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  devangelical @1.1.2    4 months ago
how any media outlet covering it decides to deconstruct the debate afterwards is up to each of them. I certainly won't need to rely on any number of predetermined excuses to hide behind when the debate is finished to decide who won or who lost, and clairvoyance probably won't be needed to predict the unified reaction of his supporters tomorrow.

while you are certainly right, there are tens of millions of people who will rely on the news media to interpret what happened for them. judging by what i have seen from the msm the last few days, it is not encouraging for people who want trump held to account for his criminal behavior and his everyday insanity.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
1.1.5  afrayedknot  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.4    4 months ago

The confirmation bias has already begun…tomorrow it will be unbearable. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.1    4 months ago

'all an effort to throw off what appears to be a more disciplined #34 as if late.....'

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

more disciplined?????????

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    4 months ago

Like on Newsmax the other day when #34 started to rant/babble incoherently about the 'stolen' election?  Where they put up on the screen - that they agreed with the results of the 2020  election -  then cut off #34?

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.8  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    4 months ago

I'd say the levels of intelligence and patriotism among trump supporters have already been firmly established...

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.2  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    4 months ago

Donald arriving at the debate.

original

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gsquared @1.2    4 months ago

Will you be watching?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    4 months ago

I might.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gsquared @1.2.2    4 months ago

It should be an interesting night.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.4  devangelical  replied to  Gsquared @1.2.2    4 months ago

hopefully his sycophants turn it into a drinking game with "rigged" as the keyword...

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.3    4 months ago

It should be.  I will probably watch if I get home in time.  I'm going for a follow up echocardiogram this afternoon.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.6  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.2.4    4 months ago

A toking game.  I can't drink like I used to

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.2.7  Split Personality  replied to  Gsquared @1.2.5    4 months ago

Good luck !

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.2.8  Gsquared  replied to  Split Personality @1.2.7    4 months ago

Thanks, SP.  Sitting in the waiting room now.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    4 months ago

How did #34 serve the country?

It just served itself.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  author  Vic Eldred    4 months ago

CNN: "Why do voters feel like Donald Trump can handle [the border] better — in poll after poll?"

MAYORKAS: "The fact of the matter is our policy is working!"

bccrane
Freshman Silent
2.1  bccrane  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    4 months ago
MAYORKAS: "The fact of the matter is our policy is working!"

Some claim that what Biden is doing concerning the border is a "failure", it's not a failure when it is your policy.  Their policy is to pollute mainly blue areas with as many people as they can to get a better outcome for democrats in redistricting by being able to split the blue area populations up and marry them to red areas cancelling as much red as possible and like they did in Michigan if there isn't enough blue in one area you take the entire UP and the upper half of the lower and make that one district instead of the two, possibly three, representatives it had before.  The polluting the vote by actual migrant voters comes much later.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  bccrane @2.1    4 months ago

Criminals, children, and immigrants can't vote. It doesn't matter how many of them are in an area. Voters are what should count.

Now there are multiple districts in Detroit with a fraction of the number of voters that are lumped in one district that covers most of Michigan.

Wonder how many that voted to adopt California's districting rules in Michigan now regret it? 

So you are correct, Democrats are carrying out their policies effectively.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  bccrane @2.1    4 months ago

That was always the plan from day 1.  Remember when Mayorkas said he couldn't even list how many Trump border policies they got rid of.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.1    4 months ago

We need to amend the rules for the next census.

George
Junior Expert
3  George    4 months ago
CNN  — 
The confrontation in Atlanta between   Joe Biden   and   Donald Trump   Thursday night has a good chance of becoming the most fateful   presidential debate   in US history.

Of course it will be the most fateful in history you fear mongering jackasses, Lincoln/Douglas debates can't hold a candle to these old fools.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1  Texan1211  replied to  George @3    4 months ago

If any person makes a decision on who to vote for based on the debate, I question their intelligence!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1    4 months ago

There are people who see problems with both candidates and are still trying to determine which way to go.   I personally do not see how anyone could vote for Trump but clearly there are plenty who will.  

If Biden's performance makes him look feeble or confused that could easily shift the above people to Trump.

If Trump's performance shows him as an unhinged, junk-yard dog asshole then that could shift the above to Biden.

Given we have 168+ million registered voters, you can be assured that there are millions of intelligent human beings who (for whatever reason) have not committed their vote.

Also remember that many (if not most) of the electorate do not pay much attention to politics.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.1    4 months ago

I'll stand by what I wrote.

I think people who will make their decisions based solely on the debates are unaware and uninformed.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.1    4 months ago

Millions of uncommitted voters today?

got any stats to back that claim?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.4  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.3    4 months ago

No, my comment was based on common sense based on the extremely large size of the USA electorate.   There may be stats but I am not going to try to find them.

If you think my reasoning is wrong then feel free to find stats that illustrate same.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.4    4 months ago

Okay, no stats.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.6  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.5    4 months ago

And none from you.   In addition, unlike me, you offered no reasoning whatsoever to support your belief that my opinion is wrong.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.6    4 months ago

yeah, my reasoning is self evident.

one sees it or they don't, I don't care really.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.8  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.2    4 months ago

No doubt.    We have the rare opportunity to compare the job each did as President.    It’s a simple decision if one’s main reasoning isn’t derangement based.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.8    4 months ago

Yes, that is correct!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.10  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.9    4 months ago
Yes, that is correct!

Are you aware that Sparty is talking about making a choice between Biden and Trump and that in his opinion it is a simple decision to make ... and that those who do not vote for Trump are suffering from TDS?

You agree ("Yes, that is correct!") that the decision is simple and that the choice is Trump??

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.10    4 months ago

Why. yes, because I read what he wrote.

I have heard from many folks how easy the decision is this year.

Actually, when one DOES read his comment, one discovers he didn't say Trump or Biden's name 

Maybe his choice for Trump was as easy for him as your choice for Biden was.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.12  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.11    4 months ago

I never said it was easy.    I said it was simple.    Which it is if you base it on past performance of each.    A unique situation that has never happened since I’ve been of voting age.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.12    4 months ago

I agree that the choices are clear and both leading candidates have track records as President. and I will always believe that these debates convince such a very tiny portion of an uninformed public of who to vote for in light of their records.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4  Sparty On    4 months ago

Yep, it’s all they got.    Hopefully Trump is smart enough to manage it.

I predict this “debate” will be nothing more than a CNN sponsored Joe Biden campaign commercial.

In other words ….. worthless.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @4    4 months ago

Smart enough

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5  TᵢG    4 months ago
Trump is ready for anything, ...

How, exactly, do you know this?

... and the Biden campaign intends to somehow trigger Trump so that will become the only issue tonight  ...

Likely, it is best for them when Trump shows irrationality, vindictiveness, and incoherence.   The biggest problem with Trump as PotUS is his character, demeanor, and vindictive, egotistical perspective.   The electorate should see Trump as a loose-cannon who does not take advice and makes decisions based on what he believes will serve him (personally) best.

... rather that Joe Biden's horrendous tenure as president.

'Horrendous' is hyperbole.   It is based on blaming Biden for everything bad on the planet (e.g. the wars, the spike of inflation from the pandemic, ...), inventing non-facts (e.g. the economy being bad, crime running rampant, etc.), and exaggerating his actual failures (the border, Afghanistan, student loan forgiveness, etc.).   On top of that, it ignores everything good about Biden such as leading the effort to deal with Putin and Hamas, his concern for the environment, climate, infrastructure, adding less to the debt than Trump did (albeit both were bad here), etc.     And of course Biden is not given credit for that which a PotUS normally (albeit improperly) will get credit or blame such as a healthy stock market, great GDP, low unemployment, higher wages, inflation rise reversed and heading back to normal (9% peak down to 3.3% now and approaching 2%).

And, of course, this ignores the fundamental difference between the two men.   Both are old, but Biden looks much older than Trump.  Biden, however, is presidential, thoughtful, grounded, and works to do what he believes is best for the nation (as much as one can realistically expect from a politician), not what is best for himself like Trump.   He is not a convicted felon, not a malignant narcissist, not a vindictive prick, not a pathological liar (he lies far too much, but not continuously like Trump), not a traitor who tried to steal a US presidential election through fraud, coercion, lying, and incitement, and not a lifelong con-man who views everyone as suckers to be exploited.

As I have already said, we know what these two men stand for. They have both served as President. Trump served the people and Biden bowed shamelessly to the radical left wing of his party.

This is fantasy, see above.   To think that Trump cares about the American people over his own concerns is naïveté.

We may as well have had Bill Ayers and Angela Davis running the country the past four years.

A fine example of hyperbole.

As most observers will grade the two candidates, I will instead grade the two partisan moderators.

And that statement loudly expresses a predetermined grade and a predetermined outcome.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @5    4 months ago
Likely, it is best for them when Trump shows irrationality, vindictiveness, and incoherence.  

So...act like a democrat / Biden?

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
5.1.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.1    4 months ago

Trump should just whisper "Ice cream" to Joe.  It will freeze Joe as he thinks about his next cone.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.1    4 months ago

[]

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5.2  Snuffy  replied to  TᵢG @5    4 months ago
As most observers will grade the two candidates, I will instead grade the two partisan moderators.
And that statement loudly expresses a predetermined grade and a predetermined outcome.

The two moderators have a proven record of being partisan and anti-Trump. CNN also has the same track record against both Trump and Republicans. I think it's fair to include a grade for them. Waiting to see just how neutral they can be but I doubt that they can.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.2.1  TᵢG  replied to  Snuffy @5.2    4 months ago

The moderators are not running for PotUS.   Every debate with moderators has people complaining about moderator bias.   The only way a Trump supporter would not claim moderator bias is if Fox News were hosting the debate rather than CNN.

'Grading the moderators' rather than grading the candidates telegraphs the excuse should Trump screw up.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Snuffy @5.2    4 months ago

They compared Trump to Hitler.

CNN also has the same track record against both Trump and Republicans. 

CNN has a long history of giving the questions to democrat campaigns.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5.2.3  Snuffy  replied to  TᵢG @5.2.1    4 months ago
The moderators are not running for PotUS.   Every debate with moderators has people complaining about moderator bias.

And that's a clear excuse for giving the moderators a pass. They both have a clear track record so thinking people should not ignore that while watching the debate. The moderators are not the FULL grade for the debate but they do play a part. To ignore that is partisan thinking.

If you go back and re-read my post, I didn't say that grading the moderators was the full part. I said that it's fair to include a grade for them. The bulk of the grade still goes to the two debaters. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.2.4  TᵢG  replied to  Snuffy @5.2.3    4 months ago
And that's a clear excuse for giving the moderators a pass.

No, it is a refocus on what matters — the candidates.

I didn't say that grading the moderators was the full part.

Nor did I suggest you did.   You have stepped in for Vic and we are talking about Vic's claims.

TiG@5.2.1 ☞ The moderators are not running for PotUS.   Every debate with moderators has people complaining about moderator bias.   The only way a Trump supporter would not claim moderator bias is if Fox News were hosting the debate rather than CNN. 'Grading the moderators' rather than grading the candidates telegraphs the excuse should Trump screw up.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5.2.5  Snuffy  replied to  TᵢG @5.2.4    4 months ago

Tell you what. You watch and grade just the candidates, and I'll watch and grade the candidates as well as how the moderators act.

AND WE BOTH KEEP OUR OPINIONS TO OURSELFS. 

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
5.2.6  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @5.2.4    4 months ago
No, it is a refocus on what matters — the candidates.

Surely you know the moderators have some if not alot of control over the questions and tone of the debate.  Why do you think Joe refuses to be on Fox news with maybe Hannity and Waters as moderators?  Would you stay with your opinion then or would the moderators and/or the network be fair game?

Trump gets 2 points for agreeing to the debate at all and Biden gets -3 for insisting on his rules and fear to go near a debate run by fox news.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.2.7  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @5.2.6    4 months ago

Is it really so hard for some to comprehend that I recognize moderators are always biased and that I recommend one look beyond that and focus on the candidates?

I have been clear.   Do the math.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
5.2.8  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @5.2.7    4 months ago

Ignoring the customary snark the math states the moderators can very well ask questions or omit questions or give one candidate preferential treatment during a debate that will help one candidate to the determinate of the other.

That is easy to  comprehend for someone that would like to see a fair debate.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.9  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @5.2.7    4 months ago
to comprehend that I recognize moderators are always biased

I think it fair to say that almost every member here knows that.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
5.2.10  Right Down the Center  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.9    4 months ago
I think it fair to say that almost every member here knows that.

Yet some commentators are more biased or worse than others.  Some will at least try to remain non biased and some will let their bias go wild.  I have a feeling anyone that has compared Trump to Hitler may have a hard time railing in their bias for a few hours.  That would need great self control.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.11  Texan1211  replied to  Right Down the Center @5.2.10    4 months ago
have a feeling anyone that has compared Trump to Hitler may have a hard time railing in their bias for a few hours.  

Doubt that people willing to stoop so stupidly low possess the intelligence and critical thinking skills to recognize that.

How many times have we seen Republicans in general referred to as "far right fascists" by people incapable of understanding their own biases?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.12  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @5.2.4    4 months ago

Always defending the indefensible

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
5.2.13  Right Down the Center  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.11    4 months ago
How many times have we seen Republicans in general referred to as "far right fascists" by people incapable of understanding their own biases?

Or what the definition of fascist is.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
5.2.14  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @5.2.12    4 months ago

Always denying the undeniable.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.2.15  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @5.2.8    4 months ago

You keep 'debating' a point that I have stated upfront.   Yes, RdtC, the moderators are biased.   We all know that human beings have bias and it would be remarkable indeed if a debate moderator was not so.

That is a given.   Factor it in the same way we all factor in umpire errors/bias in baseball and similar in other sports.

Debate something that is not already in agreement.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.2.16  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.9    4 months ago

Then explain why RdtC keeps 'debating' this as if I have argued that they are unbiased.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.2.17  TᵢG  replied to  Snuffy @5.2.5    4 months ago

You replied to me. 

I was quite clear that my opinion was that the performance of the candidates is what matters.    The moderators are human beings with bias and that has always been the case in every debate.   Factor it in.

What matters is what Biden and Trump say and how they behave.   They are the ones running for PotUS.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
5.2.18  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @5.2.15    4 months ago

You seem to keep saying all moderators are biased but don't admit that some are worse than others.  It matters.

Will these moderators show worse bias than other moderators to the degree they could have an effect on the outcome of the debate?  That is the open question.  Just saying all moderators are biased so ignore them and focus on the people debating is keeping blinders on and ignoring a possibly very important variable.  Again I would ask if people would keep the stance of moderators are biased but unimportant if the debate was on Fox news and Hannity and waters were moderators?

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
5.2.19  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @5.2.16    4 months ago

Try reading my response to Texan in 5.2.10

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.2.20  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @5.2.18    4 months ago
You seem to keep saying all moderators are biased but don't admit that some are worse than others. 

Admit?   I have to admit that human beings are different and thus have different biases?

Is this the best you can do?   You put forth a lame strawman and keep arguing it when I have never suggested otherwise?

If you want to debate, deal with an issue where we disagree rather than stand on safe ground and pretend that I am debating you on an incredible obvious fact.

There is nothing we can do about the choice of moderators.   Get it?

Focus on the candidates.   Factor in the bias of the moderators just like we factor in luck and official bias/mistakes in sport.    The performance of the candidates is what matters.

Unless, of course, one is using a trick in the Trump playbook and preemptively arguing "rigged!".

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.21  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @5.2.16    4 months ago

Why don't you ask him yourself, as my comment was to you about your comment.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.22  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @5.2.20    4 months ago

I just heard #34 say something to the effect of that he would deliberately lose the debate.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.2.23  TᵢG  replied to  Tessylo @5.2.22    4 months ago

Yeah, that is one of his excuses he has been floating for a few weeks.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @5    4 months ago
How, exactly, do you know this?

I pay attention.

The electorate should see Trump as a loose-cannon

That is going to be difficult now after the electorate lived through both administrations. They won't care, nor should they.

This is fantasy

If the Trump years were a fantasy, those who can't make ends meet can only ask to relive it again.

A fine example of hyperbole.

A perfect analogy.

And that statement loudly expresses a predetermined grade and a predetermined outcome.

Nope, they still have a chance to act as journalists. After all CNN is a sinking ship, and a bit of earned prestige may save it.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.3.1  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.3    4 months ago
That is going to be difficult now after the electorate lived through both administrations. They won't care, nor should they.

It should be easy for that reason to recognize how Trump is, without question, a loose cannon.

If the Trump years were a fantasy, those who can't make ends meet can only ask to relive it again.

This is also fantasy.   First, it ignores the fact that wages are higher and unemployment is lower.   Second, it holds a naive belief that Trump will magically do something that helps those who cannot make ends meet.  Trump is clearly not out to help the American people.   Finally, Trump does not have economic superpowers.

The real shame is that Trump should not even be a consideration for PotUS.   He has no redeeming qualities that I can think of yet is replete with qualities that are antithetical to the presidency.   Clearly the worst viable candidate for the presidency in my lifetime in terms of integrity, honesty, demeanor, intelligence, intent, empathy, diplomacy, etc.   He is a vindictive scoundrel who has and will continue to exploit anyone for his own personal gain.

Igknorantzruls
Sophomore Quiet
5.3.2  Igknorantzruls  replied to  TᵢG @5.3.1    4 months ago
recognize how Trump is, without question, a loose cannon.

and his back up is named Aileen

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.3.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @5.3.1    4 months ago
It should be easy for that reason to recognize how Trump is, without question, a loose cannon.

It's too bad the people don't share such opulent values.

First, it ignores the fact that wages are higher and unemployment is lower.

Inflation has gobbled up wage increases and cost of living increases. That inflation was caused by Biden who added $ Trillion budgets to pandemic bailouts. As for the unemployment numbers: they involve those who lost their jobs during pandemic lockdowns returning to work. A good deal of the low pay jobs went to illegal migrants.

Second, it holds a naive belief that Trump will magically do something that helps those who cannot make ends meet. 

There is nothing magical about restoring American energy and protecting American markets and workers. Don't they teach economics anymore at the university?

Finally, Trump does not have economic superpowers.

He is 1,000 X smarter than the POS who lived off of the government dole most of his life, until his crackhead son started selling influence.

The real shame is that Trump should not even be a consideration for PotUS.   He has no redeeming qualities that I can think of yet is replete with qualities that are antithetical to the presidency.   Clearly the worst viable candidate for the presidency in my lifetime in terms of integrity, honesty, demeanor, intelligence, intent, empathy, diplomacy, etc.   He is a vindictive scoundrel who has and will continue to exploit anyone for his own personal gain.

The real shame is that the radical left took control of America's institutions and government. 

God speed to Donald Trump.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.3.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Igknorantzruls @5.3.2    4 months ago

My hands are tied right now.  Why don't we wait.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.3.5  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.3.3    4 months ago
Inflation has gobbled up wage increases and cost of living increases. That inflation was caused by Biden who added $ Trillion budgets to pandemic bailouts.

Inflation was triggered by the pandemic.   This should be obvious.   Biden's spending (albeit less than Trump's) would naturally exacerbate inflation, but the reason inflation went to 9% was the pandemic.   Since then it has reduced down to 3.3%.   You blame Biden for the bad yet give absolutely no credit to him for inflation returning close to normal.  

There is nothing magical about restoring American energy and protecting American markets and workers. Don't they teach economics anymore at the university?

Have you missed the fact that the GDP and the stock market are in great shape?   That unemployment is low?   That wages are higher?   That the USA oil production is in great shape?   Instead of snark crap ("Don't they teach economics anymore at the university?") follow the facts:   

By the way, this is not a claim that Biden's policies were designed to help Big Oil, but rather that the claim that Biden's policies harmed Big Oil are total bullshit.

He is 1,000 X smarter than the POS who lived off of the government doll most of his life, until his crackhead son started selling influence.

Clearly there is no reasoning with Trump supporters at this stage.    The hyperbole and fantasy seem off the charts.

Igknorantzruls
Sophomore Quiet
5.3.6  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.3.4    4 months ago
My hands are tied right now.  Why don't we wait.

Hey, a littler TMI there Vic, cause don't care where you be puttin your

Little Richards guitar strings diggin into your wrists...? don't make a fist, and

i\d leave the M on after your /S

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5.3.7  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.3.4    4 months ago
My hands are tied right now. 

jrSmiley_85_smiley_image.gif

Igknorantzruls
Sophomore Quiet
5.3.8  Igknorantzruls  replied to  TᵢG @5.3.5    4 months ago
Clearly there is no reasoning with Trump supporters at this stage.    The hyperbole and fantasy seem off the charts

Who'd of thought a feww years back, cause I never knew I'd be donating free time to deprogram a cult, a chore, that is not easily achieved, for so many wrongly believe, what theyve been taught to be believed, and unbelievable it B, and A parently, many will remain ignorant, four they don't want to C, as they a tempt to reinstal;l the lying denying POS, back to D /c, where hE, should get an F, asz he is a Hemorrhoid on humanity, a M F'n genuine calamity Jane, and Mary is now ingested after being on demand and greatly requested !

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.3.9  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @5.3.5    4 months ago
Inflation was triggered by the pandemic. 

After that, Biden signed into law the $1.9 trillion American Rescue package, the $ 1.2 trillion Infrastructure & Jobs Act, the Paycheck Protection Program, the COVID-19 Bankruptcy Relief Extension Act and he topped it all off with raising the national debt limit by $2.5 trillion and extending it into 2023. Find any economist and they'll tell ya, that causes INFLATION, which was at 1.4 % when Biden took office.

By the way, this is not a claim that Biden's policies were designed to help Big Oil, but rather that the claim that Biden's policies harmed Big Oil are total bullshit.

From Forbes:

Seemingly determined to repeat every energy policy error of the last half century, Joe Biden’s war on the domestic oil and gas industry gained new steam last week even as gasoline and diesel prices rose to new record highs.

AAA reported  Sunday that the average national price for a gallon of regular gas rose to a new record of $4.85, recording a 24-cent increase for the week ended June 4. The average price for diesel fuel, a major driver of inflation for consumer goods, also hit a new record high on the same day of $5.64.

Despite the reality that a shortage of refining capacity is a cause of high diesel prices , Biden’s EPA carried the administration’s assault on the industry to its downstream sector late in the week. On Friday,  EPA announced  additional biofuel blending mandates not just for 2022, but also retroactive mandates that will force refiners to make up for 2020 and 2021 volumes that were previously suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

"Together, these actions reflect the Biden administration's commitment to reset and strengthen the RFS (U.S. Renewable Fuel Standard), bolster our nation's energy security and support homegrown biofuel alternatives to oil for transportation fuel," EPA spokesperson Tim Carroll said. How the move provides any benefit to the nation’s energy security is a real mystery, and Mr. Carroll wasn’t providing details.

The EPA edict will not just raise the cost of refining and distribution of gas and diesel - and thus result in even higher prices at the pump - it will also take millions more tons of corn out of the food supply during a time of growing global food shortages. As such, it is a policy action that prioritizes the making of biofuel that many believe serves no useful environmental or economic purpose over efforts to prevent starvation in developing nations.

At the same time the administration is increasing troubles for refiners, the White House is considering having the President issue an executive order to release diesel from the federal Northeast Home Heating Oil Reserve (NHHOR). Such a release would provide only limited relief to East Coast diesel shortages, since the reserve contains just 1 million barrels of fuel. It would also be highly questionable from a strategic standpoint, since the NHHOR, like the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, was intended as a reserve of fuel for times of national or regional emergencies.

Consumers Pay The Price As Biden’s War On Oil And Gas Expands (forbes.com)

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.3.10  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.3.3    4 months ago
Inflation has gobbled up wage increases and cost of living increases.

No longer true.

That inflation was caused by Biden who added $ Trillion budgets to pandemic bailouts.

Complete BS, had Trump won there would still have been hundreds of ships backed up around the western ports and the supply chain triggered the inflation when the shelves remained empty for months.

As for the unemployment numbers: they involve those who lost their jobs during pandemic lockdowns returning to work

Partially but we have far exceeded the losses now.

A good deal of the low pay jobs went to illegal migrants

Prove it.

There is nothing magical about restoring American energy and protecting American markets and workers.

Restore what.  I understand that you don't understand the oil industry but we are and have been the largest producer since Obama's Administration

Don't they teach economics anymore at the university?

Did you take economics at university?

He is 1,000 X smarter than...

How many failed companies has Donald had?  How many bankruptcies?  How many court losses?

I rest my case.

The real shame is that the radical left took control of America's institutions and government. 

No, the real shame is that you believe that.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.3.11  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.3.9    4 months ago
Find any economist and they'll tell ya, that causes INFLATION, which was at 1.4 % when Biden took office.

Again, Vic, I stated that government spending does indeed exacerbate inflation.   What I reject is your insistence that the spike in inflation was not predominantly due to the pandemic.   This is obvious.  

From Forbes:

You ignored my link which focused on the data:   

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
5.3.12  Right Down the Center  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.3    4 months ago
After all CNN is a sinking ship, and a bit of earned prestige may save it.

I don't think they would have gone with the moderators they are if that was their goal.  Chris Wallace would have even been a better choice.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.13  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @5.3.5    4 months ago

[]

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
5.3.14  Right Down the Center  replied to  Texan1211 @5.3.13    4 months ago

[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3.15  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.3.3    4 months ago

#34 and smart - that does not compute

It is a ranting raving psycho/sociopath moron

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.3.16  devangelical  replied to  TᵢG @5.3.5    4 months ago
Clearly there is no reasoning with Trump supporters at this stage. 

there's only one way to deal with those that spew intimidation, hypocrisy, unamerican disinformation, threats, and are willing to commit violence at the whim of a traitorous instigator. vote them out by voting against them.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
5.3.17  Gazoo  replied to  devangelical @5.3.16    4 months ago

That’s an ironic post. There are two that post about doing harm to those they don’t agree with. Those two are liberal lefties. You know who i’m talking about.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3.18  Tessylo  replied to  Gazoo @5.3.17    4 months ago

That's the right's MO, the rwnjs and the magats (same thing) - all they have is hate and threaten and violence.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.3.19  devangelical  replied to  Gazoo @5.3.17    4 months ago
There are two that post about doing harm to those they don’t agree with. Those two are liberal lefties

exercising my right to vote is doing harm?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.3.20  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @5.3.15    4 months ago

What’s Shaquille or Walter Payton got to with this?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.4  Ronin2  replied to  TᵢG @5    4 months ago

Your entire damn rant is straight from the DNC talking points. Seriously are they paying you to post this garbage?

Democrats got the economy they wanted, and that includes inflation. Even Politico admits it.

You must have missed that inflation is creeping back up again.

The current U.S. inflation rate is 3.3% for the 12-month period leading up to May 2024. The consumer price index (CPI) , which measures changes in prices, remained the same in May after rising 0.3% in April, according to the latest release from the Bureau of Labor Statistics

[1]

. The BLS notes that the declines in gasoline and energy prices offset a rise in the shelter index. The next monthly update will be released on Wednesday, July 11, 2024.

A 3.3% inflation rate may not seem like a lot, or as much as the price changes you've noticed at the grocery store. But to put inflation in context over the last few years, consumer price inflation rose 21.75% between January 2020 and May 2024, and stubbornly high housing costs persist.

The FED also isn't following your talking points either by not cutting inflation. They were supposed to cut it up to three times this year- they have already balked twice.

Federal Reserve Governor   Michelle Bowman   said she sees a number of upside risks to the inflation outlook, and reiterated the need to keep borrowing costs elevated for some time.

“We are still not yet at the point where it is appropriate to lower the policy rate,” Bowman said in prepared remarks Tuesday in London. “Given the risks and uncertainties regarding my economic outlook, I will remain cautious in my approach to considering future changes in the stance of policy.”

Biden's "low unemployment" numbers are great if you like part time jobs (many Americans are working two or three jobs); and don't look now but the cooling economy that unemployment rate is rising again- it is back up to 4%.

The latest US jobless claims data shows a slightly higher-than-expected 238,000 Americans filed for unemployment benefits in the week ending 15 June, indicating a potentially softening labour market. Although this figure is down from the previous week's total, the four-week moving average of claims remains elevated at 232,750, suggesting a labour market that's losing momentum. Continuing claims also rose to 1,828,000, up 15,000 from the previous week and above estimates, further fueling concerns about the labour market's health. While some analysts believe this data indicates a moderating labour demand, others argue it's too early to make that call, attributing the rise in claims to seasonal factors like education workers filing for unemployment during the summer break.

WASHINGTON, March 8 (Reuters) - U.S. job growth accelerated in February, but that likely masks underlying softening labor market conditions as the unemployment rate increased to a two-year high of 3.9%.
The Labor Department's closely watched employment report on Friday also showed wages rising moderately last month. The jump in the unemployment rate after holding at 3.7% for three straight months reflected a further decline in household employment. The mixed report boosted the odds of the Federal Reserve cutting interest rates by June.
But things are great unless you are trying to buy a new car, or house, or need to get a loan just to pay bills.
As for Biden's handling of Putin and Hamas. What a load of BS. Are we still sinking billions of dollars into the Ukraine money pit? Has Biden even attempted to try and find diplomatic solution; or is he willing to let Zelenskyy literally fight to the last Ukrainian standing (which will be him of course)? NATO has been exposed as a weakness. None of the countries are prepared to fight- much the less meet their obligations to Ukraine. NATO countries have increased spending on defense- so what- Trump got them to that (in case you forgot)- and it didn't take NATO being scared shitless by Putin.
Are you even paying attention to what is happening between Israel and Gaza. The only thing Biden has managed to do is piss off both sides- while achieving jack shit of nothing. Just like he has accomplished nothing with Iran; except enriching them by dropping sanctions and returning funds with interest that the US was detaining. Nothing like having all of Iran's proxies fully funded. Like paying extra for goods being shipped around the Horn of Africa instead of through the Suez Canal thanks to the Houthi's attacks on ships? Maybe Biden will work up the courage to tell everyone don't again. It has worked so well the previous times./S
As I have already said, we know what these two men stand for. They have both served as President. Trump served the people and Biden bowed shamelessly to the radical left wing of his party.

This is fantasy, see above.   To think that Trump cares about the American people over his own concerns is   naïveté .

If you think Biden and Democrats give a shit about the American people you are just as niave. They only care about staying in power and achieving one party rule.

As most observers will grade the two candidates, I will instead grade the two  partisan  moderators.
And   that  statement loudly expresses a predetermined grade and a predetermined outcome.

You think the moderators aren't partisan? Name one good thing either has said about Trump. Celebrating Trump's conviction by the kangaroo court doesn't count.

Trump should insist on being able to cut off the moderator's mikes right after they ask him any question. They can come back on in two minutes once Trump's time is up. It will be the only way Trump gets off an uncontested answer.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.4.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ronin2 @5.4    4 months ago

Well researched.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.4.2  TᵢG  replied to  Ronin2 @5.4    4 months ago
You must have missed that inflation is creeping back up again.

Like the stock market (and most of reality) there are ebbs and flows.   Look at the trend.

... and don't look now but the cooling economy that unemployment rate is rising again- it is back up to 4%.

You totally ignore the fact that unemployment under 5% is good (very good in fact)!    

If you think Biden and Democrats give a shit about the American people you are just as niave. 

My statement was about Trump ("To think that Trump cares about the American people over his own concerns is   naïveté").   If you want to make it a comparison between Trump and Biden then my statement would be that Biden cares far more about doing what is right for the American people than Trump.   But, then again, most any politician cares more about doing right by the American people than Trump.    Trump flat out sees his supporters as resources that he can exploit and views his non-supporters as enemies.   

You want that prick for PotUS?

You think the moderators aren't partisan? 

I think the moderators are not running for president.   I think the focus should be on the candidates, not the moderators.   Every moderator will be biased no matter who sits in the chair.   Focus on the candidates.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.4.3  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @5.4.2    4 months ago

The news media is "bothsidesing" this thing ( the debate) to an alarming degree. I'm starting to think they are about to forgive Trump all his sins and crimes. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.4.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.4.3    4 months ago

Nope, we can't have fair play!

Igknorantzruls
Sophomore Quiet
5.4.5  Igknorantzruls  replied to  JohnRussell @5.4.3    4 months ago

ratings are motivating the buildup of high drama, unlike Obama Joe, bidden his time as also has had a serious decrease in crime, that the GOP seems to just wish to LIE about, as they hype any serious crime committed by immigration, as the death of this nation, when home grown NaturalBCitizens are by far, the biggest group of offenders , 

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5.4.6  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.4.4    4 months ago

Oh come on man!!! You know that for some, it's not fair play without burning the bad guy at the stake.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.4.7  JohnRussell  replied to  Snuffy @5.4.6    4 months ago

What do you want to do, burn the good guys at the stake? 

Trump is the most unfit for office presidential candidate in American history. That fact is far more important than "bothsidesing" this debate. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.4.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.4.7    4 months ago
Trump is the most unfit for office presidential candidate in American history.

Let me ask our readers:

What say you?

aHR0cDovL2NsLmltZ2hvc3RzLmNvbS9pbWdoL2ltYWdlL2ZldGNoL2FyXzM6MixjX2ZpbGwsZV9zaGFycGVuOjEwMCxmX2pwZyxnX2ZhY2VzOmF1dG8scV9hdXRvOmdvb2Qsd18xMDIwL2h0dHA6Ly9pbWdob3N0cy5jb20vdC8yMDI0LTAyLzExNTUyOS9mODVmMzRjNzcwYmI3NDA3ODY2MjIwMGMzNzYyMDkyNi5qcGVn.webp?v=1719506835-zwv_op8DHyphZUGk4Vy2EMhIokr0FnHDzYxhzTsBkaM

"USA!  USA!  USA!"

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5.4.9  Snuffy  replied to  JohnRussell @5.4.7    4 months ago

For the two parties in this presidential election, there are no good guys. Both are bad for the country. Not bothsidesing, not comparing. Both are just bad for the country and neither one deserves to win in November. It's a very sad statement for the country that one of them will probably be the next president.

But your inability to see a little humor in the comment says a lot about you.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.4.10  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.4.8    4 months ago

Unfortunately, we know who your "readers" are. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.4.11  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.4.10    4 months ago

This morning there were 89, when this place was oh so quiet.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.4.12  JohnRussell  replied to  Snuffy @5.4.9    4 months ago

One guy is the most unfit for office presidential candidate in US history. The other is not. Any other conclusion IS the essence of bothsidesing. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.4.13  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.4.11    4 months ago

Is that supposed to mean something? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.4.14  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.4.13    4 months ago

It does. Not only for a social media site but for the election.

I think a lot of people feel that US politics has become way too nasty.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5.4.15  Snuffy  replied to  JohnRussell @5.4.12    4 months ago

So you've stated for years. BFD. Truth be told, neither guy is fit for the office and neither one winning would be good for the country. 

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5.4.16  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.4.14    4 months ago

Anybody who views politics from any other country would think that their politics is also nasty. It's become a global phenomenon. 

Hallux
Professor Principal
5.4.17  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.4.14    4 months ago

But not you.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.4.18  Split Personality  replied to  Ronin2 @5.4    4 months ago
They only care about staying in power and achieving one party rule.

That sounds remarkably like Project 2025, Trumps plan to make the federal government an arm of the Republican party.

You think the moderators aren't partisan? Name one good thing either has said about Trump

Who cares? Trump lost debates when Fox hosted them.  CNN and ABC were the first to react and apply for the rights to host and air these debates

Stop crying like he lost already.  If he's everything you believe he is he should be able to do well.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.4.19  TᵢG  replied to  Snuffy @5.4.9    4 months ago
Both are bad for the country. Not bothsidesing, not comparing.

No, Snuffy, you are exactly both-sidesing because you equate them as "both are bad" with not even a hint that one is far worse for the nation than the other.   When you equate unequal negatives you are "bothsidesing".

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.4.20  TᵢG  replied to  Snuffy @5.4.15    4 months ago
Truth be told, neither guy is fit for the office and neither one winning would be good for the country. 

True.   Now let's see you demonstrate that you recognize that Trump is far worse for this nation than Biden.   Go beyond the 'both are bad' and make a real comparison because one of these men is going to be the next president of our nation.   It matters.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.4.21  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @5.4.10    4 months ago
Unfortunately, we know who your "readers" are. 

Obviously you.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.4.22  Split Personality  replied to  Snuffy @5.4.15    4 months ago
Truth be told, neither guy is fit for the office and neither one winning would be good for the country. 

Always run away as soon as someone says "truth be told", lol.

One accomplished little but added $8T to the debt and bragged that he saved our asses ad nauseum and we survived him.

The other, like Obama before him, inherited a shit show and got us back on the road to normalcy while only spending $4T.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
5.4.23  Right Down the Center  replied to  Snuffy @5.4.15    4 months ago

At least now both candidates have a record so we can at least see past performance of them both.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.4.24  Texan1211  replied to  Right Down the Center @5.4.23    4 months ago

Not a whole lot of good in those records, unfortunately for us.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5.4.25  Snuffy  replied to  TᵢG @5.4.20    4 months ago

Does it really matter to anyone who is not so blindly partisan that they cannot take words for what they say and have to place their own determination on what was said. To me it doesn't matter who's worse, they are both terrible. Unfortunately one of them will likely be the winner in November. 

I really don't care who's worse. In a lot of areas Trump is worse than Biden. And in other areas Biden is worse than Trump.  Again, I don't fucking care who's worse. I don't like either one of them. Give it a fucking rest already and stop playing the "who's worse" game.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.4.26  Texan1211  replied to  Snuffy @5.4.25    4 months ago

[]

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
5.4.27  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @5.4.2    4 months ago
 Every moderator will be biased no matter who sits in the chair.

And some are more biased than others.   Some can rise above their bias for an interview or a debate and some can't.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
5.4.28  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @5.4.20    4 months ago
 It matters.

Not for everyone

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.4.29  devangelical  replied to  Right Down the Center @5.4.23    4 months ago
At least now both candidates have a record so we can at least see past performance of them both.

... minus the attempted insurrection, multiple criminal indictments, and felony convictions of course.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
5.4.30  Right Down the Center  replied to  Snuffy @5.4.25    4 months ago
I really don't care who's worse. In a lot of areas Trump is worse than Biden. And in other areas Biden is worse than Trump.  Again, I don't fucking care who's worse.

Exactly.  To really determine who is worse you would have to score each area for each person and then weigh it by how important each area is for you.  

So unless there is an area that is all important to you like who has more mean tweets the question would take some time to answer.  If you like neither person who the fuck really cares who is worse?  As you said, blind partisans with something to prove, what that is who knows.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
5.4.31  Right Down the Center  replied to  devangelical @5.4.29    4 months ago

Take that into consideration as you see fit.  People afraid of comparing actual time as president will deflect to only that being important.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.4.32  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @5.4.10    4 months ago

And it's not that girl in the photo.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.4.33  TᵢG  replied to  Snuffy @5.4.25    4 months ago
Again, I don't fucking care who's worse.

Incredible.   One of two candidates will be president of the nation, and you do not "fucking" care which one of them is worse for our nation.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.4.34  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @5.4.27    4 months ago

Water is wet.   The sky is blue.   Grass is green.   People are biased.   And they are biased in different ways.

We all know obvious facts.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.4.35  devangelical  replied to  TᵢG @5.4.34    4 months ago

some people obviously have an issue with how those facts are biased...

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
5.4.36  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Split Personality @5.4.22    4 months ago
One accomplished little but added $8T to the debt and bragged that he saved our asses ad nauseum and we survived him.

Where are you getting your numbers?

I'm tracking total federal expenditures FY17 - FY20 = $22T, FY21 - FY24 = $26T

US Public Debt grew from FY17 $19.8T - FY20 $28T or $8T growth, FY24 $35T or $7T growth

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
5.4.37  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @5.4.34    4 months ago
Water is wet.  

Is water actually wet? The answer to this question requires some philosophical thinking and depends on how you define wetness. The debate over whether water is wet is likely to continue for as long as the planet is awash with the stuff. 

Most scientists define wetness as a liquid’s ability to maintain contact with a solid surface, meaning that water itself is not wet, but can make other   materials wet. When you touch a wet surface, the water molecules stick to your skin, creating a wet sensation. 

The sky is blue.  

Technically, the short wavelengths that scatter across the sky correspond to the colors blue and violet, making the real color of the sky a bluish purple. However, the cone cells in our eyes that detect color aren't very sensitive to violet, so we see the sky as blue.

Grass is green.  

My grass is brown

People are biased.   And they are biased in different ways.

Yes they are.  And actual good journalists can put aside their bias and not use it to sway people.  CNN journalists do not have a good track record with this.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.4.38  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @5.4.37    4 months ago

Arguing nonsense for the sake of arguing seems like a perfect way to waste one's time.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5.4.39  Snuffy  replied to  TᵢG @5.4.38    4 months ago

Why not, that's exactly what you do. Go back to your reply in 5.4.33 to me. I was very clear. Trump is worse in some areas and Biden is worse in others. It doesn't matter who's worse because IMO they are both bad for the country. I don't care you play your little game of which is worst because it's all meaningless.[]

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
5.4.40  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @5.4.38    4 months ago

Why yes, yes it is.

Yet I didn't say anything that was untrue so deflect away.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.4.41  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Snuffy @5.4.39    4 months ago

removed for context

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
5.4.42  Right Down the Center  replied to  Snuffy @5.4.39    4 months ago

removed for context

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.4.43  Split Personality  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @5.4.36    4 months ago

Do we need a separate article about deficits, debt and expenditures?

• Both candidates bear a share of the responsibility, as each added trillions to that tally while in office.
    • But Trump's contribution was significantly higher, according to the fiscal watchdogs at the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget, thanks to both tax cuts and spending deals struck in his four years in the White House.

By the numbers:  Trump added $8.4 trillion in borrowing over a ten-year window, CRFB finds in a report out this morning.

• Biden's figure clocks in at $4.3 trillion with seven months remaining in his term.
    • If you exclude COVID relief spending from the tally, the numbers are $4.8 trillion for Trump and $2.2 trillion for Biden.

State of play:   For Trump, the biggest non-COVID drivers of higher public debt were his signature tax cuts enacted in 2017 (causing $1.9 trillion in additional borrowing) and bipartisan spending packages (which added $ 2.1 trillion).

For Biden, major non-COVID factors include 2022 and 2023 spending bills ($1.4 trillion), student debt relief ($620 billion), and legislation to support   health care for veterans   ($520 billion).
  • Biden deficits have also swelled, according to CRFB's analysis, due to executive actions that changed the way food stamp benefits are calculated, expanding Medicaid benefits, and other changes that total $548 billion. Trump vs. Biden records on running up debt (msn.com)

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6  Just Jim NC TttH    4 months ago

Snuffy
Professor Participates
7  Snuffy    4 months ago
House Republicans advanced a bill that would cut funding for the Justice Department in an effort to hold the DOJ accountable for weaponizing & politicizing the law.

It's too bad they wasted their time with this as there's no way it will pass in the Senate. This was done strictly for political reasons.

Oh damn, what am I saying. Everything they do in Washington is done in allegiance to their party. Doesn't matter which side they belong to, it's all in lockstep with the wishes of their party overlords.

Igknorantzruls
Sophomore Quiet
7.1  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Snuffy @7    4 months ago

sounds like the beginning of the implication of the 2025 plan

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8  author  Vic Eldred    4 months ago

Surgeon General Vivek Murthy declares gun violence a public health crisis.

o8FT7nqa?format=jpg&name=small

Where does Biden find them?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
8.1  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @8    4 months ago

Well, I believe it does open up the potential for the federal government to take additional actions.  This below is from HSS.

Take appropriate actions in response to the emergency consistent with other authorities, including: making grants; entering into contracts; and conducting and supporting investigations into the cause, treatment, or prevention of the disease or disorder. Public Health Emergency Declaration (hhs.gov)

While I agree that there are too many people who have guns that should not have them, this IMO is something that needs to be watched. This can open the door for other agencies to take action to "support" the issue.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Snuffy @8.1    4 months ago

You know, I once hoped that democrats would achieve a Constitutional Amendment on guns, but after the 2020 riots, the rampant crime in big blue cities and almost four years of Biden, I think I might be buying a gun myself.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
8.1.2  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.1    4 months ago
I think I might be buying a gun myself.

I've been helping out the widow of a friend who died last year, and I'm also executor of her estate when she passes. Her husband jumped whole-hog into every hobby he got into, and one of those hobbies was shooting. He was a terror to both paper and clay.

Anyway, had to laugh when we cataloged his guns. I read a piece a couple of years back where the feds "classified" an arsenal as anything over 15 weapons. When we classified his guns, he at 137 pieces in his two safes. We sold a few to very close friends (only to people that I knew well) and sold the rest to Cabela's so that a licensed dealer would handle the sales to people that we didn't know well. I picked up a few pieces myself to add to my collection. 

I would go to the range more often if it weren't for the price of ammo. At least prices have come down a lot in the past couple of years.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Snuffy @8.1.2    4 months ago
I would go to the range more often if it weren't for the price of ammo.

I've been thinking along those lines. Here in MA joining a gun club is almost a prerequisite for applying for a gun license.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
8.1.4  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.3    4 months ago

One of the other reasons why I like Arizona. Don't need a license to buy or carry or shoot a gun. Well, that and nobody has ever died from shoveling sunshine out of their driveway. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Snuffy @8.1.4    4 months ago

I heard you even get a driver's license that is good for life.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
8.1.6  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.5    4 months ago

No, only till your 65th birthday. The license is good until then but you need to go in every 10 years to have a new photo taken.

After your 65th birthday you have to go in every five years so they can check your vision for a renewal. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Snuffy @8.1.6    4 months ago

That makes more sense. 

Very reasonable.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @8.1.2    4 months ago

Isn't it illegal to sell guns to friends - shouldn't there be some kind of licensing involved?

137 is a lot or fucking guns

Snuffy
Professor Participates
8.1.9  Snuffy  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.8    4 months ago
Isn't it illegal to sell guns to friends

No it's not. You should really learn the law around this to better understand it.

shouldn't there be some kind of licensing involved?

Even with the recent changes from the Biden administration, I would need to make a living by selling guns to require a license. 

As I stated, we only sold guns to close friends that I knew very well. I would not sell guns to someone I didn't know well.

137 is a lot or fucking guns

What can I say, he tended to jump hard into every hobby he got into. For a while he got into model railroading he picked up several different gauges and probably close to 5400 feet of track. For a while he had railroads running thru his entire house. Drove his wife crazy.  lol

137 can seem like a lot of guns, especially when there was a lot of repeats. For example, he had 5 different 12 gauge side-by-side shotguns that he used for skeet/trap shooting. But he was a good gun owner, never misused his guns, had them all properly stored in gun safes and was never a problem. And he could afford all of them.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @8.1.9    4 months ago

[deleted][]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @8    4 months ago

He doesn't search in the cess pool like #34

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9  author  Vic Eldred    4 months ago

A CBS poll is reporting that voters want President Trump’s tone to be more polite during the CNN presidential debate.

GRC2nNsXwAAb6Wg?format=jpg&name=small

Go polite and low key.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
9.1  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @9    4 months ago

Not sure if he can follow that. Only a few more hours till we find out.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Snuffy @9.1    4 months ago

I'm sure that Trump can be disciplined, but as you say, we shall see.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.1    4 months ago

You're sure?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
9.1.3  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.1    4 months ago

Not a chance as well evidenced.

What happened to Operation Trigger and the predictions about the Moderators?

AI could have done better than those two apparently intimidated "talking heads".

Grade for each, zero.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @9.1.3    4 months ago
What happened to Operation Trigger and the predictions about the Moderators?

Trump said it best: Biden prepped so hard he didn't know what the hell he was doing.

the predictions about the Moderators?

As I pointed out, there were 15 separate topics. Only the first 6 were what voters primarily cared about: (Inflation, the national debt, abortion, Immigration, crime. and the wars in Ukraine & Gaza.)

Then came the 9 topics that Biden wanted to talk about: (Jan 6th, democracy, challenges each candidate faces, the "climate crisis," "Social Security," "childcare," the Opioid crisis, the age concern and asking Trump to pledge that he would accept the results of the election.

Did you watch the debate?

Grade for each: Another A

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.4    4 months ago

Do you think trump was disciplined during that debate ?  if so please explain that peculiar fantasy to us

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.5    4 months ago

I saw at least one occasion when he tried to respond to something into a muted mic. So, I would have to rate him as somewhat disciplined. He was far more disciplined than the 2020 debate and he reaped the benefits. The nation finally got to see what many of us kept saying was true.

Are you still searching for some way to put a positive spin on that debate?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.7  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.6    4 months ago

Being disciplined would have involved not being a serial liar during the entirety of the 90 minutes. When he was asked about his conduct on Jan 6th, as inadequately as it was asked, he didnt say a word about his "inaction", which is consciousness of guilt. Instead he deflected the question of his inaction , which consisted of sitting in the oval office dining room eating snacks and watching the riot on tv,  to trying to blame Nancy Pelosi.  He also minimized the effect of his ellipse speech by saying he was "asked to give a speech".  

Trumps lack of action on the afternoon of Jan 6th was gross dereliction of his duty.  Back in America's heyday such a person would be ruined in politics for life, and the Republican Party would demand he withdraw from the presidential race in 2024. Alas, that Republican Party of yesteryear no longer exists. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.7    4 months ago
Being disciplined would have involved not being a serial liar during the entirety of the 90 minutes.

That is the left's usual talking point.

When he was asked about his conduct on Jan 6th, as inadequately as it was asked, he didnt say a word about his "inaction", which is consciousness of guilt. Instead he deflected the question of his inaction , which consisted of sitting in the oval office dining room eating snacks and watching the riot on tv,  to trying to blame Nancy Pelosi.  He also minimized the effect of his ellipse speech by saying he was "asked to give a speech".  

I heard a bit more than that. Trump reminded your moderators that he told the protestors to go "peacefully and patriotically" on Jan 6th. A fact that House democrats omitted in their bogus impeachment trial. Something that democrats conveniently forget. He also reminded everyone that he recommended the National Guard, but Pelosi and the mayor of DC didn't want them.

Trumps lack of action on the afternoon of Jan 6th was gross dereliction of his duty.  Back in America's heyday such a person would be ruined in politics for life, and the Republican Party would demand he withdraw from the presidential race in 2024. Alas, that Republican Party of yesteryear no longer exists. 

He could have done better, but he didn't do what you have claimed.

Speaking of lies, how about Biden claiming that no US troops were killed under his leadership. Even his own Defense Department was quick to call it a lie.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.9  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.8    4 months ago
He could have done better, but he didn't do what you have claimed.

He didnt do anything, so of course he could have done better.  Trump sat there eating potato chips or whatever for one reason, he wanted the riot to succeed in stopping the vote count. 

This was a disgrace, and in itself disqualifies him to be president again. 

You are a great factual disadvantage because you know nothing about the J6 committee report. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.10  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.9    4 months ago
for one reason, he wanted the riot to succeed in stopping the vote count. 

That is your belief.

You are a great factual disadvantage because you know nothing about the J6 committee report. 

You made me laugh again. A great way to start a Saturday morning. I have to get my walk in.

Have a great day, John.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
9.1.11  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.4    4 months ago
Did you watch the debate?

Yes, unbelievable.  Trump managed to lower the bar to all new levels.

We were taught to respect the rank and the office at all times without exception.

Calling Biden, Brandon and a Palestinian was beyond the pale of the obvious lies and deflections.

Trump has no decorum and zero morals.

I was surprised Biden didn't just hit him.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
9.1.12  Snuffy  replied to  Split Personality @9.1.11    4 months ago

There were a couple of split-screen shots where I thought Biden was sitting there wishing he had a bike chain. That split-screen take was too funny.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
9.1.13  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Split Personality @9.1.11    4 months ago
Yes, unbelievable.  Trump managed to lower the bar to all new levels.

In 1976, all it took was a Ford gaffe on the Soviet Union to finish his comeback chance to win the electoral college.

Trump kept leading with his chin, a better man would have scored a knockout, but Joe didn’t have it in him.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @9.1.13    4 months ago

I do believe that the format hurt Biden more than Trump.

Seems like it all moved way too fast for Biden and he looked to me as if he was having trouble keeping up with the fast pace and change of topics.

devangelical
Professor Principal
9.1.15  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.14    4 months ago

yeah, the questions or topic didn't seem to make any difference to his "has to have the last word" opponent...

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
9.1.16  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.14    4 months ago

Good call, I didn’t see that at the time but looking back, that might have been it.

Conventional wisdom had the lack of a live audience and mic shutoffs as a plus for Biden, but it left him with longer periods to speak.  He probably was hoping for some interruptions but nights end.  The split screen showed a tired, blank face against an interested one.

The one thing Joe accomplished was he demonstrated that his handlers hadn’t given him any speed.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
9.1.17  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  devangelical @9.1.15    4 months ago

Biden needed to push abortion restrictions but fumbled it.  Did he even mention it during closing remarks?  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @9.1.15    4 months ago
yeah, the questions didn't seem to make any difference to his "has to have the last word" opponent...

Seems like the questions didn't even register at times with Biden.

Last word?

Did you actually SEE the debate and understand the format?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
9.1.19  Split Personality  replied to  Snuffy @9.1.12    4 months ago

I'm thinking they should have let him carry a cane, lol.

Igknorantzruls
Sophomore Quiet
9.1.20  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Split Personality @9.1.19    4 months ago

to smack Trump in his lying pie hole...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10  JohnRussell    4 months ago

it is too late for trump to be "disciplined"

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @10    4 months ago

It is never too late.

Good afternoon.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
10.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @10    4 months ago

No shit, about 70 years too late.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11  JohnRussell    4 months ago
A CBS poll is reporting that voters want President Trump’s tone to be more polite during the CNN presidential debate.

This is a bunch of fucking nonsense.  If he is "polite" today does that mean he can go back to being "impolite" tomorrow ? 

The American public are laughably naive at times. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @11    4 months ago
If he is "polite" today does that mean he can go back to being "impolite" tomorrow ? 

Yes. Tonight, they speak to the undecided.

Tomorrow, they sleep late.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12  JohnRussell    4 months ago
F = Things the Biden campaign wants to talk about (the 2020 election, Jan 6th, rhetoric)

I've been on Newstalkers for 13 years and that is one of the funniest things I've ever seen here. 

If the first question to Trump is not about the 2020 election denial and the J6 insurrection the moderators will be displaying phenomenal incompetence. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @12    4 months ago
I've been on Newstalkers for 13 years and that is one of the funniest things I've ever seen here.

Well, I'm glad I made you laugh a little.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
12.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @12    4 months ago

I would think fair moderators would question the things that most Americans care about in their lives.  Are you saying Jan 6th is the most important thing to Americans or the most important thing to Biden supporters?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
12.2.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Right Down the Center @12.2    4 months ago
Are you saying Jan 6th is the most important thing to Americans or the most important thing to Biden supporters

Know your audience.................

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
12.2.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @12.2.1    4 months ago
Know your audience.................

Yep.  Since the regular CNN audience is comprised mostly or Trump haters and TDS afflicted it might be difficult for them to realize that may not be their sole audience tonight.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.3  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @12    4 months ago

They need to ask traitor convicted felon #34 why it sat there for over 3 hours while his incited mob wreaked havoc for over 3 hours?  Other than the scum inciting the scum further?

devangelical
Professor Principal
13  devangelical    4 months ago
Identity theft has overwhelmed the IRS, causing a backlog of 500,000 unresolved fraud cases. Some victims wait years for refunds.

gee, weren't we supposed to get some more agents? what happened? oh yeah, never mind...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
14  JohnRussell    4 months ago

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
14.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @14    4 months ago

It's a debate not a fucking interview...............FFS give it a rest

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
14.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @14.1    4 months ago

LOL. If you think this will be confined to immigration and inflation you are dreaming. 

Fitness for office. 

I know the concept annoys you. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
14.1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @14.1    4 months ago

It's hilarious that they have to keep asking after such an "extensive investigation" into that.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
14.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @14.1.1    4 months ago

Neither are fit, and before you start with the whole, tired bothsideism stuff, that's just a fact.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
14.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @14.1.2    4 months ago
It's hilarious that they have to keep asking after such an "extensive investigation" into that.

It is well known that Trump was eating snacks and watching the melee on tv, hoping it would be successful. 

He has never answered that question. The closest he ever came was "I'm not going to tell you". 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
14.1.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @14.1.1    4 months ago

I am sure J6 will come up in some way shape or form but asking that question is NOT a question for a debate. On the other hand, if these two weren't so TDS ridden, perhaps they could ask Mr. Biden what he was doing on August 15, 2021 through the 31st.

George
Junior Expert
14.1.6  George  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @14.1.5    4 months ago
they could ask Mr. Biden what he was doing on August 15, 2021.

Or how old Ashley was when he wasn't raping her in the shower. wink, wink.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
14.1.7  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @14.1.4    4 months ago

You can't even keep your own comments from contradicting.  One like you state "It is well known".  Then in the next claim "He has never answered the question". 

Which is it John?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
14.1.8  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @14.1.7    4 months ago
You can't even keep your own comments from contradicting.  One like you state "It is well known".  Then in the next claim "He has never answered the question".  Which is it John?

LOL.  Never join a debating club. Its not for you. 

Eyewitness testimony from White House personnel was given about what Trump was doing while the riot was taking place.  Of course he will lie about it anyway. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
14.1.9  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @14.1.8    4 months ago

So which is it?  Is it well known or did he not answer the question to make it well known?

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
14.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @14    4 months ago

Maybe they should have the rest of the Jan 6th inquisition committee there so Jan 6th can be rehashed.  After all that is what most Americans care about. S/

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
14.2.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Right Down the Center @14.2    4 months ago
Maybe they should have the rest of the Jan 6th inquisition committee there so Jan 6th can be rehashed.

Why?  They erased much of their "evidence".

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
14.2.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @14.2.1    4 months ago

That comment is pure unadulterated ignorance. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
14.2.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @14.2.2    4 months ago

[]

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
14.2.4  Right Down the Center  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @14.2.1    4 months ago

I am sure Liz would love to extend her 15 minutes of fame and CNN would love to have her tell us all Donald is a clear and present danger to democracy.  She only gets to do it now in front of a very dwindling group that still watches CNN.

Igknorantzruls
Sophomore Quiet
14.2.5  Igknorantzruls  replied to  JohnRussell @14.2.2    4 months ago
That comment is pure unadulterated ignorance.

amazing how they were told not to watch the hearings(nothing to see here) and they pretewnd to be experts upon the contents within, that they most likely have never seen, or, have seen it through the twisted Gop's version, where edited and described in imaginary narration, to keep them all on vacation, from the TRUTH

Igknorantzruls
Sophomore Quiet
14.2.6  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Right Down the Center @14.2.4    4 months ago
I am sure Liz would love to extend her 15 minutes of fame and CNN would love to have her tell us all Donald is a clear and present danger to democracy.  She only gets to do it now in front of a very dwindling group that still watches CNN.

why are so many on the 'right', afraid to learn what dids rightly happen ? cause it is fckd up. That is exactly WHY, we needed these damn trials, as lyiong about facts and the truth of the matter, really do, matter, when in the justice system. There is testimoney, film, p[hone records, and paperwork, all showing Trump is guilty as sin, and it is pathetic how these guys are afraid toi actually watch evidence, that proves it.. Funny, how they were all LOCK HER UP, LOCK HER UP, to now Biden is the threat to Democracy, if that ain't some fckd up hippocrazy because if found guilty of any of the trhee big really crucial trials that yet loom, and Trump should be, and hopefully fully would be, barred from running for office, as he'd be busy runnin for MUTHA RUSSIA ! 

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
14.2.7  Right Down the Center  replied to  Igknorantzruls @14.2.6    4 months ago
now Biden is the threat to Democracy

Yes

TᵢG
Professor Principal
14.2.8  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @14.2.7    4 months ago

Biden is the threat to Democracy means you do not see Trump as the threat.   The asshole who tried to steal the 2020 election through fraud, coercion, lying, and incitement is not the threat to Democracy, but Biden is???     Not 'a' threat, but 'the' threat is revealing.

BTW, I think the 'threat to Democracy' rhetoric is a bit hyperbolic, but to peg Biden with this rather than Trump is not something one would expect from someone claiming that they do not see sufficient difference between the two to vote for one or the other.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
14.2.9  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @14.2.8    4 months ago
Biden is the threat to Democracy means you do not see Trump as the threat. 

That is not what it means at all.  Actually when I say something about one candidate it means absolutely nothing about the other.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
14.2.10  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Right Down the Center @14.2.9    4 months ago

One would think that would have soaked in a loooooong time ago....

Texan1211
Professor Principal
14.2.11  Texan1211  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @14.2.10    4 months ago

[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
14.2.12  Texan1211  replied to  Right Down the Center @14.2.9    4 months ago

I don't think we are allowed to not compare candidates constantly, much like we aren't supposed to say anything negative about Biden without dragging Trump into it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
14.2.13  JohnRussell  replied to  Igknorantzruls @14.2.5    4 months ago

I am going to be 75 years old in a few months. I have never in my life seen a bunch of willfully ignorant people such as we see in MAGA

[] It is absolutely flabbergasting.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
14.2.14  Right Down the Center  replied to  Texan1211 @14.2.12    4 months ago

You mean like Joe likes all  ice cream but Trump likes vanilla ice cream so he must be racist?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
14.2.15  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @14.2.8    4 months ago

I said 8 years ago that eventually Trump supporters would be a bigger problem for the country than Trump himself.  We are there right now. 

Igknorantzruls
Sophomore Quiet
14.2.16  Igknorantzruls  replied to  JohnRussell @14.2.13    4 months ago

it is FCKD UP 4 sure !

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
14.2.17  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @14.2.8    4 months ago
I think the 'threat to Democracy' rhetoric is a bit hyperbolic

I dont think Trump can destroy democracy, but electing him will shame America and disrupt America for decades, and the literal damage he can do is a known unknown. 

Once we elect a known traitor president there is no bottom. 

Igknorantzruls
Sophomore Quiet
14.2.18  Igknorantzruls  replied to  TᵢG @14.2.8    4 months ago
one would expect from someone claiming that

I don't claim to be right down the center

of

my ass, because there is a crack, there, and the foundation is beginning to crumble, like a chocolate chip cookie in your pocket, after the rumble...Fish and clean  start fire, cook and i scream cause it melted, like a snow flake at a Trump rally to bring know whipped slave, cause that could be a cherry on, top of the day ta ya 

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
14.2.19  afrayedknot  replied to  JohnRussell @14.2.15    4 months ago

“…bigger problem for the country than Trump himself.”

The truly frightening thing is the next ‘leader’ who taps into the same dark underbelly, but is more charismatic, more eloquent, and more intelligent…making this surge to the extreme right even more dangerous. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
14.2.20  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @14.2.2    4 months ago

All he has

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
14.2.21  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @14.2.13    4 months ago
a bunch of willfully ignorant people

You mean like those who are supporting a candidate who vapor locked on national TV?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
14.3  Snuffy  replied to  JohnRussell @14    4 months ago

Gee, will they ask what Joe was doing in China when Hunter flew with him while Joe was VP? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
14.3.1  Texan1211  replied to  Snuffy @14.3    4 months ago

LMMFAO!

Good one!

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
14.3.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  Snuffy @14.3    4 months ago

I would like to know what and how much drugs they gave Joe before the debate.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
14.3.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Right Down the Center @14.3.2    4 months ago

More than likely he has been sleeping over most of the last week. They will probably pump him full of ice cream in  sugar waffle cones.

devangelical
Professor Principal
14.3.4  devangelical  replied to  Snuffy @14.3    4 months ago
ask what Joe was doing in China when Hunter flew with him

trying to get some trademarks and patents approved? opening some bank accounts? oh wait...

Igknorantzruls
Sophomore Quiet
14.3.5  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Snuffy @14.3    4 months ago
Gee, will they ask what Joe was doing in China when Hunter flew with him while Joe was VP?

He was picking up L10 Shrimp fried rice, Happy Family Soup, and Garlic Chicken. Would you also like to ask Trump, Ivanka , what she was doing in China , possibly gettin a patten on daddy's new vagina, he gonna be grabbin, cause Melania ain't wastin her time on papa Trump slime. Dint ole Trump make like 7 million $7,000,000.00  Or perhaps in that ballpark from China and middle East countries staying at Trump properties >? And Y you r at it, perhaps inquire as to what ole Jarred son in law boy Kushner, did , to have Saudi Arabia want to invest $2,000,000,000.00 BILLION DOLLARS, in a new investment firm that they were against, til;l the Prince butted in to cover the ass of the dick that saved his, afterr he had the WSJ reporter assasinated  N a;ll recorded and live streamed from his apple watch...?

MrFrost
Professor Guide
14.3.6  MrFrost  replied to  Snuffy @14.3    4 months ago

Tessylo
Professor Principal
14.3.7  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @14.3.4    4 months ago

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
14.3.8  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @14.3.6    4 months ago

Seems like the IRS isn't claiming Trump owes, so what taxes does he owe are you attempting to claim?

devangelical
Professor Principal
15  devangelical    4 months ago
trigger trump

yeah, that's a low bar to clear...

funny how the "mentally impaired joe biden" crowd is now so concerned about their savior's debate performance...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
15.1  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @15    4 months ago

Don't even have to trigger it - 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
15.2  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  devangelical @15    4 months ago

They know that his instinctual response to debate is the same as his genius instinctual response to a hurricane - throw a nuke into it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
16  author  Vic Eldred    4 months ago

The debate is now in the books.

I broke it down into 15 topics. The first 6 were the important ones. From then on it was about what Biden would want to talk about.

The last one being ridiculous.

The CNN team gets a C-.

The sad part was how bad Biden looked and sounded. The highlight being when he said he had been to Normandy and had spoken to WWII veterans who died. Twelve minutes in he began to freeze, and Tapper rescued him by cutting him off with a thank you. When Biden wasn't talking, he was staring out into space. The low point was arguing about who the best golfer was.

Democrats can't be happy with how it went.

Thomas
Masters Guide
16.1  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @16    4 months ago
Still voting for Biden?

Yes

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
16.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Thomas @16.1    4 months ago

Not really a surprise to anyone.

Thomas
Masters Guide
16.1.2  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @16.1.1    4 months ago

Neither is anything that is supplied by you.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
16.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Thomas @16.1.2    4 months ago

By me?

Last week all the lefties told us that any film showing Biden stumbling was "fake."

Sparty On
Professor Principal
16.1.4  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @16.1.3    4 months ago

Which leaves at least two possibilities.    One, they are useful idiots and therefore too stupid to know they are lying.    Or, they are intentionally lying.

Which is many factors worse.

Thomas
Masters Guide
16.1.5  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @16.1.3    4 months ago

Last week all the lefties told us that any film showing Biden stumbling was "fake."

Well, I didn't.

I am assuming that I am part of the mass "Left" that seems to be your boogey man. Therefore, your sentence is false.

Donald Trump told numerous lies and blessed the people on Jan 6. "We love you." Go home now and get some ammunition!

GregTx
Professor Guide
16.1.6  GregTx  replied to  Thomas @16.1.5    4 months ago
Go home now and get some ammunition!

Mmmm, did they?...

Thomas
Masters Guide
16.1.7  Thomas  replied to  GregTx @16.1.6    4 months ago

Humor must exist in another dimension to some.

GregTx
Professor Guide
16.1.8  GregTx  replied to  Thomas @16.1.7    4 months ago

Certainly seems to be an acquired taste for some...

Thomas
Masters Guide
16.1.9  Thomas  replied to  GregTx @16.1.8    4 months ago

Certainly seems to be an acquired taste for some...

... and some could actually care.

Igknorantzruls
Sophomore Quiet
16.1.10  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Thomas @16.1.7    4 months ago
must exist in another dimension to some. 

Along with humor, common sense, Patriotism as in actual patriotism as in where we can't attribute and not watch 45 try and steal a concluded legal Presidential Election Proceedings Result,  

As i watch this slow motion unravelling of our once great country, i feel we are in a strange chronological increment in a time within a time, of a time of division due to too many, hung up as of yet, on hangups, due to ringing calls, that cause calls to ring, and hopefully to cause for clause, clauses written to contain, the scratched surface that scratched that surface  just be claws was worded sharper, in image, which is difficult to imagine, without imagination, and i like to imagine this nation, without having to use my imagination, but imagine that, i can't

GregTx
Professor Guide
16.1.11  GregTx  replied to  Thomas @16.1.9    4 months ago

Or not...

Igknorantzruls
Sophomore Quiet
16.1.12  Igknorantzruls  replied to  GregTx @16.1.11    4 months ago
r not...

GregTx
Professor Guide
16.1.13  GregTx  replied to  Igknorantzruls @16.1.12    4 months ago
e claws

Thomas
Masters Guide
16.2  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @16    4 months ago

The highlight of the evening was how Trump could not answer many simple questions but instead pivoted to his tired and worn out lies.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
16.3  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @16    4 months ago

I watched on a simulcast on ABC, it was rather interesting listing to the ABC team talk after the debate was ended. They all were in agreement that Biden missed is opportunity to put the age issue to rest and a couple floated the idea that Biden needs to step down and release his delegates. The spin that's gonna come out over the next couple of weeks is gonna be huge.

All in all, this was a waste of 90 minutes. I don't think anybody won tonight and to be honest I didn't see a lot that would change the minds of the undecided.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
16.3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Snuffy @16.3    4 months ago

I think the country finally got to see what the Biden campaign was hiding since way back in 2020 hen they had him in the basement and told us that it was because of "covid." I'm sure democrats like Obama are concerned, but it is late in the game and yet early enough for dirty tricks, the old standby of the democrat party.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
16.3.2  Split Personality  replied to  Snuffy @16.3    4 months ago
All in all, this was a waste of 90 minutes. I don't think anybody won tonight and to be honest I didn't see a lot that would change the minds of the undecided.

And a completely different Biden showed up in NC today, still coughing but fiesty instead of being dumbstruck by the level of disrespect Trump showed.

Remember Dubya and Obama both lost first debates and bounced back.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
16.3.3  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @16.3.1    4 months ago
yet early enough for dirty tricks, the old standby of the democrat party.

Whoosh. That was any remaining credibility flying out the window.

The rat pack of Manafort, Roger Stone, Steve Bannon, and Steve Miller are Trump Republicans in charge of dirty tricks.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
16.3.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @16.3.3    4 months ago
Whoosh. That was any remaining credibility flying out the window.

That would be like somebody being in charge of rules and abusing them. 

The history beginning with the Russia hoax is long and dirty.

devangelical
Professor Principal
16.3.5  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @16.3.4    4 months ago
The history beginning with the Russia hoax is long and dirty.

then why did bill barr redact and classify parts of the mueller report that would have fully exonerated trump?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
16.3.6  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @16.3.5    4 months ago

First off, one has to understand that Mueller's job was not to exonerate ANYONE. That wasn't his mission.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
16.3.7  Snuffy  replied to  devangelical @16.3.5    4 months ago
why did bill barr redact and classify parts of the mueller report

SOP to redact specific information based on the below. This is common knowledge.

Attorney General William Barr told Congress last week that the Department of Justice and attorneys from the special counsel’s office were working together to redact  four types of information  from Robert Mueller’s full report before its release: grand jury information, classified information, information related to ongoing investigations, and information that would infringe on the privacy of “peripheral third parties.”

What’s being redacted from the Mueller report, and why | PBS News

Texan1211
Professor Principal
16.3.8  Texan1211  replied to  Snuffy @16.3.7    4 months ago

Isn't it just freaking hilarious that anyone is bitching about Barr years later and they seem to be the same people cheering on the JD NOT releasing the tapes of Biden's interview?

Sounds mighty damn hypocritical to me!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
16.3.9  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @16.3.3    4 months ago

The projection.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
16.3.10  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @16.3.7    4 months ago

He was #34's consigliere

Sparty On
Professor Principal
16.3.11  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @16.3.10    4 months ago

He was Walter Payton’s counselor?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
16.3.12  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @16.3.5    4 months ago

Oh ya, they hid the real findings of collusion and Weissmann sat back and said nothing / S

We had two here who were convinced the Mueller investigation would find Trump involved in collusion. The day the Mueller Report was handed in both of them were never heard from again. How easily some forget.

devangelical
Professor Principal
16.3.13  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @16.3.12    4 months ago

obstruction = guilt

Sparty On
Professor Principal
16.3.14  Sparty On  replied to  devangelical @16.3.13    4 months ago

Ignorance = failure

Tessylo
Professor Principal
16.3.15  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @16.3.3    4 months ago

Remaining?

devangelical
Professor Principal
16.3.16  devangelical  replied to  Sparty On @16.3.14    4 months ago

that will be demonstrated in november...

I saw a trump flag yesterday that said "I'm voting for a convicted felon". that pretty much sums up the entire cult.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
16.3.17  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @16.3.14    4 months ago

Ignorance failure = magats

Texan1211
Professor Principal
16.3.18  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @16.3.16    4 months ago
I saw a trump flag yesterday that said "I'm voting for a convicted felon". that pretty much sums up the entire cult.

We can always get some printed up that say "I'm With Stupid" for Biden supporters and sycophants.

Just to even things up!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
16.3.19  Sparty On  replied to  devangelical @16.3.16    4 months ago

Opinions do vary

Sparty On
Professor Principal
16.3.20  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @16.3.18    4 months ago

One more:

I’m with … uuuuuhhhh?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
17  Jeremy Retired in NC    4 months ago

Since the debate (if that's what you want to call it) we've seen both candidates unable to to avoid false statement and idiotic bragging.  It is past time that the people take a stand and demand that what the parties are putting forward is not acceptable.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
17.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @17    4 months ago

That sounds very honorable but let us not forget how we arrive here.

Barack Obama was once asked who his favorite President was. He said it was Ronald Reagan. That required a second question as to why, since Obama does not share Reagan's philosophy. Obama said it was because Reagan changed the trajectory of America. In other words, Carter moved the country a step left, and Reagan moved it two steps to the right. Obama was interested in changing the country's trajectory, not to the right as Reagan was able to, but to the left as Obama wanted to. Obama did move the country left and politicized much of government. He even got many radical judges appointed.

Donald Trump was the natural reaction to Obama's policies.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
17.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @17.1    4 months ago

Yes indeed - white grievance

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
17.1.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @17.1.1    4 months ago

Oh brother 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
17.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @17.1.1    4 months ago

Lions and