╌>

The fog of war

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  4 days ago  •  81 comments

The fog of war
As King David said, “I will pursue my enemies and destroy them. And I will not turn back until they are wiped out.”

Israel had been searching for Hamas leader Yahya Sinwar and the chief architect of the infamous October 7th attack. In the end, a training unit on a routine patrol encountered him in the very place that president Biden didn't want the IDF to go - Rafah. Such things happen in the fog of war. In a span of three months, Israel has killed three top leaders of Hamas and Hezbollah and disabled both groups.

Some say the IDF's success has presented Israel with opportunities. Many western liberal leaders, including President Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris, hope Prime Minister Netanyahu will decare victory and be open to a hostage deal which would include a ceasefire. The Prime Minister who now has the upper hand is making an offer though it is far less generous to the terrorists. Yesterday after the IDF identified Sinwar's body, the Prime Minister had a few words:

"To the terrorists of Hamas, I say: Your leaders are fleeing and will be eliminated.

I say to all those who are holding our hostages: Those who put down their weapons and leave our hostages, we will allow them to come out and live. And by the same token, I say, those who harm our hostages, his blood is on his head and we will settle accounts with him."

And a reminder:

"It’s now clear to all, in Israel and the world, why we insisted not  to stop the war — why we insisted, in the face of all the pressures,  yes  to go into Rafah, the fortified stronghold of Hamas, where Sinwar and many of the mass-murderers were hiding.

I want to express deep appreciation to the fighters of the IDF and the Shin Bet, and their commanders, for their determined and brave operations. There are none better than them.

Today we again showed what happens to those who hurt us. Today, we again showed the world the victory of the good over the evil.

But the war, the war, my dear ones, is not yet finished. It is harsh and it takes a heavy price from us. I want to send from the bottom of my heart my condolences to those who have lost their loved ones. I want to embrace the families of our fallen heroes. Their ultimate sacrifice, including in these very days, brings us closer to victory.

As King David said, “I will pursue my enemies and destroy them. And I will not turn back until they are wiped out.”

Full text of Netanyahu's address after killing of Hamas terror chief Yahya Sinwar | The Times of Israel

Last night at the Al Smith Dinner:

Kamala thought she was going to get away with skipping the prestigious Catholic charity event and send a film in which she used an old SNL member to fill out most of the clip. Trump didn't let her get away with it.

The expression on Chuck Schumer's face says it all!

In other news:

U.S. prosecutors have charged a man they identified as an Indian intelligence officer with trying to orchestrate an assassination on US soil.

China’s economy, which has been marked by falling prices and weak consumer spending, continued to grow at a lackluster pace.

The Texas Supreme Court halted the execution of a man convicted of killing his 2-year-old daughter. The case has drawn scrutiny because of the role that shaken baby syndrome played in his conviction.

Kamala Harris now wants to build three million new housing units in four years.

We learned yesterday that the d ems & the media used the FBI's phony crime stats to create a false narrative that crime was down under Biden-Harris.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    4 days ago

Good Morning.

OIP.poXw-fTpXrZ2RoUmQbrCHgHaE7?w=250&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&pid=1.7

Pollster  Nate Silver  predicted an  Electoral College landslide  for former President  Donald Trump  after his model’s latest forecast showed the Republican now has a  63.8 percent chance to win the majority of the Electoral College vote , while his opponent, Vice President  Kamala Harris , trails with just a 36 percent chance.

Silver’s model, published on his blog  Silver Bulletin , marks a shift from earlier projections that favored Harris, or Trump narrowly. The pollster notes the impact of Sunday’s  New York Times /Siena College poll , one of his model’s “highest rated pollsters,” that put Trump ahead of Harris – 48 percent to 47 percent – well within the survey’s 3-point error margin.

Nate Silver's Latest Forecast: Trump Electoral College Sweep (mediaite.com)

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    4 days ago

That's a little outdated.  Harris rebounded to open a slight lead, but now Trump is back in front with a narrow advantage.  It's 50%-50% at this point. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    4 days ago
"U.S. prosecutors have charged a man they identified as an Indian intelligence officer with trying to orchestrate an assassination on US soil."

That shouldn't be a surprise.  Canada and India are presently in a diplomatic battle because Indian officials were determined to have assassinated a Sikh separatist in Canada but India is denying it.  Canada has proof of it and of other crimes committed by India.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2    4 days ago
Canada and India are presently in a diplomatic battle because Indian officials were determined to have assassinated a Sikh separatist in Canada but India is denying it.

Wasn't there also an allegation of murders committed on Canadian soil?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    3 days ago

Yes, murders and other crimes committed by Indian agents, and of course India is denying it even though the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) which is the national police force (like the FBI) has proof of it.  Diplomats have been expelled by both sides.  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  Sean Treacy    4 days ago

Madam VP, You did everything in your power to prevent Israel from going into Rafah [where Sinwar was killed]. You weren't even present when Netanyahu  addressed the Congress. You demanded a ceasefire, asking Israel to lie down and die.”

great statement on Australian tv 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    3 days ago

What worries me is that she might embargo weapons for Israel, notwithstanding her forked tongue support for Israel's defence. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    4 days ago

Top notch comedy from trump last night 

We have another former NYC mayor with us, frankly easily the worst in our history. I'm surprised that Bill De Blasio was able to make it tonight. He was a terrible mayor, I don't give a shit. He did a horrible job. That's not comedy by the way, that's fact.

I better wrap up because Mayor Adams told me earlier that I need to make this one very quick, the city has reserved this room for a large group of illegal aliens coming in from Texas."

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    4 days ago

I couldn't stop laughing!

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.1  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    4 days ago

Trump was funny as yesterday's rightwing satire piece on 9-11.

He was the horrifying sideshow freak at the NY Al Smith dinner.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @3.1.1    4 days ago

I loved it!

George
Junior Expert
3.1.3  George  replied to  JBB @3.1.1    4 days ago

But he showed respect and a commitment to honoring tradition by showing up. Where was Harris? trying to save her failing campaign?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  George @3.1.3    4 days ago

For one thing there was no teleprompters allowed at the dinner except for the MC. I don't think her campaign handlers trusted her to get through it.

They discounted the Catholic vote, and it may bite them in the end.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @3.1.1    4 days ago

This is just solid comedy:

There’s a group called White Dudes for Harris. Have you seen this? White Dudes For Harris. Anybody know it? Are some of here, White Dudes for Harris? Doesn’t sound like it. But I’m not worried about them at all because their wives and their wives’ lovers are all voting for me.

George
Junior Expert
3.1.6  George  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.4    4 days ago

Good Catholics who follow the tenants of their faith are pro-life, not exactly here demographic.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  George @3.1.6    4 days ago

That may be the real reason she didn't attend.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
3.1.8  MrFrost  replied to  George @3.1.3    4 days ago
by showing up.

How many correspondents dinners did coward trump go to? 

ZERO. His pathetic ego can't handle it. 

George
Junior Expert
3.1.9  George  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.8    4 days ago

Deflecting again, that isn't really a defense of Harris, you know that right?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.8    4 days ago

Not since Obama kicked his ass!   That was hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4  author  Vic Eldred    4 days ago

Still no answer to this question: why are you mass importing illegals from Haiti and Venezuela into small town America?

GaDAHy1XMAEnteT?format=jpg&name=small

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5  Jeremy Retired in NC    4 days ago

Gaza violated a cease fire on October 7, 2023.  Calling for another cease fire is just plain stupidity.  Hamas has had their asses handed to them.  At no time should they be given the chance to regroup and rearm.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6  author  Vic Eldred    4 days ago

GREEN BAY, Wis. —  Vice President Kamala Harris  told supporters Thursday that she “stood up to veterans” in a brutal gaffe that capped off a long day of campaigning in Wisconsin. 

Harris, 59, was in the middle of touting her tenure as California’s attorney general when she mistakenly bragged about standing up to America’s war heroes. 

“I stood up to veterans, and stood up for — excuse me,” the vice president said, quickly correcting the error after grimacing. 

Kamala Harris makes a brutal gaffe in speech to Wisconsin voters (nypost.com)

She has to read every word right!

Hallux
Professor Principal
6.1  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    4 days ago

Now you along with NYP are just being desperate. She corrected herself, something the man who never does anything wrong refuses to do ... he be mighty right in all things.

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Hallux @6.1    4 days ago
he be mighty right in all things

... along with mighty white.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Hallux @6.1    4 days ago

Desperate and deplorable....

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7  author  Vic Eldred    4 days ago

The passport of a United Nations Relief and Rehabilitation Administration teacher was reportedly found on the body of  Hamas chief Yahya Sinwar  — the Oct. 7 mastermind  who was killed by Israeli forces  on Wednesday, photos show.

An apparent passport that belongs to Hani Zourob — a teacher with the embattled UNRWA — was reportedly discovered Thursday by Israeli officials on the body of the terrorist leader, according to  photos posted on X  by an Israeli correspondent for KAN News.

It was not immediately clear if the passport was a real or fake document.

u-n-teacher-s-passport-91820252.jpg?w=1024

UNRWA teacher's passport found on Hamas leader Sinwar's slain body after Israeli forces killed him, photos show (nypost.com)

Hallux
Professor Principal
8  Hallux    4 days ago

Morning Vic ... gotta poll older than your linked site, September 11 was well over a month ago? Shades of Bret Baier ... yikes!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @8    4 days ago
gotta poll older than your linked site, September 11 was well over a month ago?

A member already posted one in 1.1   Didn't you read it?

Shades of Bret Baier ... yikes!

Oh ya, he's bad. How many questions could Kama answer?

Yikes is right!

Hallux
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1    4 days ago
A member already posted one in 1.1 Didn't you read it?

Aw Vic, I only read the leader's material,[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9  author  Vic Eldred    4 days ago

P resident Joe Biden and former President Barack Obama were caught on camera at Ethel Kennedy’s funeral Wednesday presumably talking about Vice President Kamala Harris’ election chances, a professional lip-reader told the New York Post.

Biden told Obama that “she” is “not as strong” as him to which the former president told him “that’s true” in a moment caught on camera and deciphered by Jeremy Freeman, a London-based forensic lip reader, who the New York Post  paid  for the translation. It is not immediately clear who Biden and Obama are referencing, though the New York Post infers that the conversation is about the vice president’s election chances.

“She’s not as strong as me,” the president said to Obama, according to the outlet.

“I know … that’s true … we have time,” Obama seemingly said.

“Yeah, we’ll get it in time,” Biden added, according to Freeman.

Biden And Obama Bad-Mouthed Harris At Funeral, Pro Lip-Reader Claims (msn.com)

AA1ssKUc.img?w=768&h=330&m=6&x=486&y=228&s=182&d=182

Hallux
Professor Principal
9.1  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @9    4 days ago

I hear Jeremy is blind.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @9.1    4 days ago

What is concerning is Obama saying there is still time.

God only knows for what?

devangelical
Professor Principal
9.2  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @9    4 days ago

the maga campaign's ongoing attempts to drag harris down to the level of their morally bankrupt candidate is hilarious ...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @9.2    4 days ago

The people will let you know on Nov 5th.

After all, Trump is the one the people nominated.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @9.2    4 days ago

I can't stop laughing at all of the absurdities.......

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2.3  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.2.1    4 days ago

'The people'?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.2.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @9.2.3    4 days ago
'The people'?

Yes, you see, Donald Trump was nominated by the people to be a candidate for President.

Nobody nominated Kamala Harris.

George
Junior Expert
9.2.5  George  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.2.4    4 days ago
Nobody nominated Kamala Harris.

That is not technically true, the ruling elite in the DNC nominated Harris and told democrats who they would be voting for whether they liked it or not.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.2.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  George @9.2.5    4 days ago

And that is why the guy who got 14 million votes is sitting on a beach as mad as hell!

George
Junior Expert
9.2.7  George  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.2.6    4 days ago

I'm not 100% sure he is cognizant enough to be mad, or even understand what happened to him.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.2.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  George @9.2.7    4 days ago

There is doubt.

devangelical
Professor Principal
9.2.9  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.2.1    4 days ago
The people will let you know on Nov 5th

I'm anticipating having a lot of fun with some of those people after 11/5...

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.2.10  bugsy  replied to  devangelical @9.2.9    4 days ago

When Harris loses, where will the left be rioting on, gasp, Jan 6?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2.11  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.2.4    4 days ago

What people nominated the great white turd?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
9.2.12  Snuffy  replied to  bugsy @9.2.10    4 days ago

I for one am grateful there's only a couple more weeks to go. This place has devolved into an old Miller Lite commercial with each side shouting their 'Tastes Great / Less Filling' slogans at each other. There's no discussion, only an echo chamber for each side. It gets rather tiring. 

I am wondering how long the losing side will stay away however, somehow I suspect that reprieve will be short-lived.

Hallux
Professor Principal
9.2.13  Hallux  replied to  bugsy @9.2.10    4 days ago
Jan 6?

Has that not yet been renamed as Peace and Love Day? 

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.2.14  bugsy  replied to  Hallux @9.2.13    4 days ago

It will be after the left burns down their cities again......just like the "Summer of Love 2020"

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.3  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @9    4 days ago

'P resident Joe Biden and former President Barack Obama were caught on camera at Ethel Kennedy’s funeral Wednesday presumably talking about Vice President Kamala Harris’ election chances, a professional lip-reader told the New York Post."

Biden told Obama that “she” is “not as strong” as him to which the former president told him “that’s true” in a moment caught on camera and deciphered by Jeremy Freeman, a London-based forensic lip reader, who the New York Post   paid   for the translation . It is not immediately clear who Biden and Obama are referencing, though the New York Post infers that the conversation is about the vice president’s election chances.

What the huh??????????

What is concerning is that you are going by something an alleged 'forensic professional lip-reader told the New York Post.

WTF?

So, the NY Post paid him to say what they wanted him to say.  That's what this says.

How does one get a job as a 'forensic lip reader'?  Are there many openings?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @9.3    4 days ago
you are going by something a professional lip-reader told the New York Post. WTF?

Yup.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.3.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.3.1    4 days ago

That's so funny.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.3.3  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.3.1    4 days ago

Who paid them to say what they wanted him to say.

Says so in your 'article'.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.3.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @9.3.2    4 days ago

What is funny is that you already called the guy a liar!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.3.5  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.3.4    4 days ago

The truth.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.3.6  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @9.3    4 days ago

'How does one get a job as a 'forensic lip reader'?  Are there many openings?'

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.3.7  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.3.1    4 days ago

Is he called upon often for trials and such?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.3.8  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.3.4    4 days ago

It's really funny that the former 'president' traitor liar - used this 'forensic lip reader's' 'readings' in one of his demented rants.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10  JohnRussell    4 days ago
The expression on Chuck Schumer's face says it all!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
10.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @10    4 days ago

"Chuck Schumer is here looking very glum -- But look on the bright side, Chuck, considering how woke your party has become, if Kamala loses, you still have a chance to become the first woman president."

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11  JohnRussell    4 days ago

Trump might be the worst comedian of all time .  He makes the Babylon Bee look like Mark Twain and Vladimir Putin look like Robin Williams. 

The only laughter at this thing last night was the nervous laughter of embarrassment for the 'comedian'. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @11    4 days ago

He's not a comedian, he's a Politician.  I've heard numerous comedians say Trump is the most naturally funny politician they've ever come across.  He's got a comedian's timing. 

e only laughter at this thing last night was the nervous laughter of embarrassment for the 'comedian'. 

You might as well claim there were green aliens serving dinner for all the relationship it bears to reality. . 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.1    4 days ago

The audience last night was not wowed. Watch video of it. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11.1.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @11.1.1    4 days ago
ence last night was not wowed. Watch video of it

I did. you must be thinking of the cringe molly shannon video. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.1.2    4 days ago

You must be one of those people known as "easily amused". You probably also think Trumps speeches compare to Churchill, as Trump himself seems to think.  He bumbled through some nonsense the other day where he wondered why he is never given credit for being one of the great orators of history. 

To the open eyed almost everything this man says is cringeworthy.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11.1.6  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @11.1.5    4 days ago

Good joke, got a good laugh. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11.1.7  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @11.1.4    4 days ago
You probably also think Trumps speeches compare to Churchill,

Of course not. but I'm capable of seeing the world as it is. 

Trump's appeal is that he combines humor with politics.  Anyone with open eyes can see that. 

Hallux
Professor Principal
11.1.8  Hallux  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.1    4 days ago
He's not a comedian, he's a Politician.

When did that transformation happen seeing that for years we heard he wasn't a politician.? 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Hallux @11.1.8    4 days ago

Yeah, it's all so confusing.  I had the same thought.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @11.1.4    4 days ago
'He bumbled through some nonsense the other day where he wondered why he is never given credit for being one of the great orators of history.' 

Good Lord - absolutely batshitfuckingcrazy.

Hallux
Professor Principal
11.1.11  Hallux  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.1    4 days ago
I've heard numerous comedians say Trump ...

Far too many to name of course ... /s

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.12  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.1.7    4 days ago

Where's the humor?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @11    4 days ago

After the former president was met with complete silence, he said, “Nobody got that one. The fact is we need new leadership in this country. Right now, we have someone in the White House who can barely talk, barely put together two coherent sentences, who seems to have mental faculties of a child. It’s sad. Who’s a person that has nothing going, no intelligence whatsoever.”

The projection continues.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12  JohnRussell    4 days ago
Trump delivers profanity, below-the-belt digs at Catholic charity banquet - The Washington Post

Trump delivers profanity, below-the-belt digs at Catholic charity banquet

The only person off limits for Trump’s roast was himself.

NEW YORK — Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump used his remarks at a Catholic charity banquet here on Thursday to skewer prominent Democrats, often in off-color terms.

He mispronounced Vice President Kamala Harris’s name and said she had “no intelligence whatsoever.” He made fun of her husband, Doug Emhoff, for an affair he acknowledged during a previous marriage.

He questioned the manhood of Harris’s running mate, Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz, and Senate Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.), at the same time belittling transgender people. He tendentiously emphasized former president Barack Obama’s middle name of Hussein, as he often does at his rallies, and used profanity to disparage former New York mayor Bill de Blasio.

The only person off limits for Trump was himself.

“Tradition holds that I’m supposed to tell a few self-deprecating jokes this evening,” he said. “So here it goes. … Nope. I’ve got nothing. I’ve got nothing. There’s nothing to say.”

Trump’s remarks at the Al Smith Dinner — a storied white-tie affair benefiting Catholic charities — closed to a mix of applause and boos, in a room that Trump estimated as evenly divided for and against him. One person in the crowd audibly corrected his mispronunciation of Harris’s name.

The dinner has historically featured good-natured ribbing by both parties’ presidential nominees after the third debate and is typically the last time the two presidential candidates appear together before the election.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
12.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @12    4 days ago

” He made fun of her husband, Doug Emhoff, for an affair he acknowledged during a previous marriage.

Have to share that joke:

A major issue in this race is childcare, and Kamala has put forward a concept of a plan... The only piece of advice I would have for her in the event she wins would be not to let husband Doug anywhere near the nannies.

If he wanted to really go after Emoff, he would have followed that up by saying  something like "I hope for Kamala's sake, she's not in the room when he hears this." 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @12.1    4 days ago

I'd love to hear the jokes about the former 'president's multiple marriages and affairs and rapes' though rape is not a joking matter.  I'd find some but no 'lewd comments or jokes' regarding the former 'president' sexual assaulter and rapist and wife #3 are allowed.

That would be funny.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.2  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @12    4 days ago

newrepublic.com   /post/187300/donald-trump-profanity-rant-catholic-al-smith-dinner

Trump Goes on Bonkers, Profanity-Laden Rant to a Room Full of Priests

Ellie Quinlan Houghtaling 24-31 minutes   10/17/2024

Former President Donald Trump broke decorum Thursday, morphing a historically lighthearted, bipartisan charity event in New York City into a bitter, profanity-laden rant against his political opponents.

The Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation Dinner, a Catholic fundraising event, is traditionally a well-regarded opportunity for both presidential candidates to poke fun at one another before the high tensions of the season culminate in Election Day. But Trump didn’t bring the jokes—instead, he spent his time on the dais hurling a string of insults at Vice President Kamala Harris, who opted to skip the event to campaign in the battleground state of Wisconsin. (Wisconsin was  projected  this week to have flipped slightly in favor of Trump.)

“The two candidates for president are supposed to exchange good-natured barbs. And you know, we get along very well. I didn’t like Biden very much, and now I like him quite a bit,” Trump   said , practically repeating lines from his rallies. “And now I say that she’s much worse than him. He was a much better candidate than her, actually.

“And when we hopefully win, dispose of her, I’ll like her a lot. But right now I can’t stand her. I’ve never liked people I was competing against, and when you do, a lot of bad things happen,” Trump said to a suddenly mum crowd.

Trump also appeared resentful that Harris had chosen to sit out the event, despite the fact that he himself was the first candidate in the race to break election tradition by   refusing to sit   for a   60 Minutes   interview last month, when he reportedly backed out, last-minute, over fears that the rigorous show would   fact-check   him. (Trump has since backed out of several major interviews, spawning concerns that the MAGA leader is starting a media blackout with just days until voters have to decide who will lead the country.)

“If you really wanted Vice President Harris to accept your invitation, I guess you should have told her the funds were going to bail out the looters and rioters in Minneapolis and she would have been here, guaranteed,” said Trump.

“Catholics, you gotta vote for me. Just remember. You better remember that I’m here and she’s not,” he said. “I could have done that too.”

“I don’t give a shit if this is comedy or not,” Trump told the crowd of priests.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
12.2.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @12.2    4 days ago

Even Brian stelter, who might hate trump more than you, thought it was funny.

they are just jokes. People laughed. The world didn’t end.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @12.2.1    4 days ago

How many people laughed?

I heard there was dead silence to most of the 'jokes' from the demented moron.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.2.3  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @12.2    4 days ago

He's such a Diplomat!!!!!!!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @12.2    4 days ago

He's crumbling and falling apart and shitting his pants before our eyes.

What a deplorable pathetic display, like everything else from this demented hateful freak.