Discussions

A Chinese class in Chicago high school

A Chinese class in Chicago high school

Via: buzz-of-the-orient  •  Now Trending  •  3 Comments  •  one week ago

A Chinese class in Chicago high school By Xu Jing, Wan Fang and Yang Haiyun in Chicago | Xinhua | China Daily, Updated: 2019-10-12 Standing in front of the blackboard, Christina Xu announced the...
Young Piano Prodigy Beats The Odds To Become Viral Sensation

Young Piano Prodigy Beats The Odds To Become Viral Sensation

Via: perrie-halpern  •  Now Trending  •  2 Comments  •  6 months ago

NEW SLANG: IBF

NEW SLANG: IBF

Via: perrie-halpern  •  Now Trending  •  51 Comments  •  6 months ago

Can Steven Spielberg help sell iPhones? Apple is betting on it.

Can Steven Spielberg help sell iPhones? Apple is betting on it.

Via: perrie-halpern  •  Now Trending  •  3 Comments  •  7 months ago

By   Dylan Byers When Tim Cook unveils Apple's new streaming service on Monday, the iPhone maker will join a growing field of media, tech and telecom companies that are vying for Hollywood's top...
SPACE How to see the 'super worm equinox moon,' the last supermoon of 2019

SPACE How to see the 'super worm equinox moon,' the last supermoon of 2019

Via: perrie-halpern  •  Now Trending  •  5 Comments  •  7 months ago

By   Denise Chow Get ready, skywatchers. The last   supermoon   of 2019 will be visible in the night sky Wednesday, coinciding with the spring equinox that heralds the start of a new season....
The history — and psychology — behind the tax refund

The history — and psychology — behind the tax refund

Via: freewill  •  Now Trending  •  130 Comments  •  7 months ago

As McAuliffe is constantly telling his clients, and anyone else who’ll listen: a refund is just money you overpaid in taxes. It is an interest-free loan to the government — one you can avoid by...
new years

new years

By: don-overton  •  Now Trending  •  10 Comments  •  10 months ago

May are your hopes for a new year come to pass
Proof that scientists can have a sense of humor

Proof that scientists can have a sense of humor

Via: anonymousmillennial  •  Now Trending  •  15 Comments  •  10 months ago

This is an excerpt from a paper recently published in Nature.  This article is 100% legitimate, and is entitled "Methylation-based enrichment facilitates low-cost, noninvasive genomic scale...
The truth about the "Migrant  Caravan" Revealed!  (Fox News)

The truth about the "Migrant Caravan" Revealed! (Fox News)

Via: krishna  •  Now Trending  •  2 Comments  •  10 months ago

(Note: occasionally the video  is interrupted by a commercial-- clickon the box near the lower right to disappear the commercial, and the video then resumes)
Woman says she was paid to collect absentee ballots in North Carolina House race

Woman says she was paid to collect absentee ballots in North Carolina House race

Via: don-overton  •  Now Trending  •  1 Comments  •  11 months ago

Ginger Eason   told WSOCTV , a local news station in Charlotte, that Leslie McCrae Dowless, Jr. paid her between $75 and $100 to pick up completed absentee ballots for North Carolina's 9th...
In a Rare Move, South Park Admits It Was Wrong About Climate Change

In a Rare Move, South Park Admits It Was Wrong About Climate Change

Via: larry-hampton  •  Now Trending  •  3 Comments  •  11 months ago

In the months after Al Gore released his apolitical, urgent documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, which outlined the looming horrors of climate change, some audiences were quick to laugh him off as...
The Suspected Bomber's Van Needs to Be Seen to Be Believed

The Suspected Bomber's Van Needs to Be Seen to Be Believed

Via: krishna  •  Now Trending  •  64 Comments  •  last year

After federal authorities on Friday arrested 56-year-old Cesar Sayoc in connection with the explosive devices that were sent to nearly a dozen public officials and critics of President Donald...
Disney Princess Movies Are Destroying Your Children

Disney Princess Movies Are Destroying Your Children

Via: it-is-me  •  Now Trending  •  6 Comments  •  last year

Being something of a self-styled Disney princess film expert myself, I was intrigued. "Every time we close 'Snow White' I look at my girls and ask, 'Don't you think it's weird that Snow White...
Kristen Bell voices concern about message ‘Snow White’ sends to daughters

Kristen Bell voices concern about message ‘Snow White’ sends to daughters

Via: it-is-me  •  Now Trending  •  8 Comments  •  last year

The 38-year-old actress appeared to worry about the message of consent, particularly what it means for her young girls Lincoln, 5, and Delta, 3. Bell, who reads to her daughters every night, also...
 William Shatner What I learned about life after a doctor told me I was going to die

William Shatner What I learned about life after a doctor told me I was going to die

Via: perrie-halpern  •  Now Trending  •  61 Comments  •  last year

have lived a fortunate life. I, literally and proverbially, have been to the mountaintop. I have met the most extraordinary people and enjoyed the most amazing experiences. I have ridden horses...
New Mexico Sheriff Demands Answers, Calls FBI 'Chicken Shit' Over Handling of Mysterious Observatory Closure

New Mexico Sheriff Demands Answers, Calls FBI 'Chicken Shit' Over Handling of Mysterious Observatory Closure

Via: bob-nelson  •  Now Trending  •  1 Comments  •  last year

Samat Jain ( Flickr ) When FBI agents told local law enforcement to “standby” after the closure and evacuation of the National Solar Observatory in Sunspot, New Mexico, on September 6,...
Salesforce billionaire Marc Benioff to buy Time magazine

Salesforce billionaire Marc Benioff to buy Time magazine

Via: bob-nelson  •  Now Trending  •  3 Comments  •  last year

Time magazine is changing hands once again, nearly eight months after it was sold to US media group Meredith Corporation. The co-founder of Salesforce.com, Marc Benioff, and his wife are...
The compass spins between heaven and hell

The compass spins between heaven and hell

Via: bob-nelson  •  Now Trending  •  10 Comments  •  last year

This is a lodestone, which is a magnetic rock and not a star.   Wikimedia photo by Teravolt Ezra Klein nicely sums up the strange, precarious place at which the United States has...
Should I be Concerned?

Should I be Concerned?

By: freewill  •  Now Trending  •  24 Comments  •  last year

Found this in the fridge this morning.  Spouse was not entirely happy with me last night... something about becoming a "baseball widow", and then something ominous about missing Mass.  So my...
Americans own less stuff because of the internet, and that's a worry

Americans own less stuff because of the internet, and that's a worry

Via: buzz-of-the-orient  •  Now Trending  •  4 Comments  •  last year

Americans own less stuff because of the internet, and that's a worry The great American teenage dream used to be to own your own car. That is dwindling in favour of services such as Uber...
Betsy DeVos’s summer home deserves a special place in McMansion Hell

Betsy DeVos’s summer home deserves a special place in McMansion Hell

Via: bob-nelson  •  Now Trending  •  187 Comments  •  last year

Two weeks ago , somebody untied Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos’s $40 million yacht from its mooring . It got me thinking about another opulent display of wealth owned by DeVos: her...
Florida man, 72, tries to mow down neighbor with tractor during dispute, cops say

Florida man, 72, tries to mow down neighbor with tractor during dispute, cops say

Via: pj  •  Now Trending  •  1 Comments  •  last year

Travis Fedschun 3 hrs agoA 72-year-old Florida man was arrested last month after he was caught on video chasing down his neighbor on a tractor during a dispute over property, police said. The St....
An Extraordinarily Expensive Way to Fight ISIS

An Extraordinarily Expensive Way to Fight ISIS

Via: bob-nelson  •  Now Trending  •  15 Comments  •  last year

The B-2 stealth bomber is the world’s most exotic strategic aircraft , a subsonic flying wing meant to be difficult for air defenses to detect—whether by radar or other means—yet capable of...
Politicians Are Finally Learning To Never Underestimate Kim Kardashian

Politicians Are Finally Learning To Never Underestimate Kim Kardashian

Via: bob-nelson  •  Now Trending  •  4 Comments  •  last year

The only people surprised by how well Kim played her hand with the president are the ones who haven't been paying attention. Steve Forbes and Kim Kardashian at the 2017 Forbes Women's...
A car crashed into a Little League game. The ‘brave’ man who died saving kids had a dark secret.

A car crashed into a Little League game. The ‘brave’ man who died saving kids had a dark secret.

Via: ender  •  Now Trending  •  12 Comments  •  last year

Players scrambled and parents screamed as the maroon sedan ripped through the baseball field, infield dust flying into the Friday evening from under the car’s spinning tires. Spectators in...