Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom

That's a lot of dead people

By:  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  •  Public Interest  •  2 weeks ago  •  74 comments

That's a lot of dead people

Do you know which sports stadium is the largest in the United States?  That would be Michigan Stadium, home of the Wolverines.

1024px-Michigan_Stadium_2011.jpg

source

The stadium holds 107,000 people.  Now imagine all of those people dead.  Then put another Michigan Stadium next to it and picture all of those people dead.  That would leave a little bit of room for the couple of thousand people who die from the Coronavirus today and tomorrow.

In the United States alone, 210,196 people have died from the Coronavirus in 10 months.  7.4 million people have been infected.  When those numbers are compared to the numbers of worldwide infections (35.5 million), and deaths (1.04 million), I would say that the leader of the most advanced country in the world has some explaining to do.  Someone had better figure something out quickly or we are going to need a third Michigan Stadium.

Dump Trump 2020.  Please.

devangelical
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @1    2 weeks ago

trump is directly responsible for the majority of these deaths due to his incompetence and lack of leadership

1.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  devangelical @1.1    2 weeks ago

I also blame the anti maskers who would rather take the word of a completely uneducated POTUS over science and the medical professionals.   Then there is the triad of idiots who are flat earthers, anti maskers, and the Trump sheeple all rolled into one who attend his superspreader events.

Hal A. Lujah
2  Hal A. Lujah    2 weeks ago

COVID: giving World War II a run for its money.

2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2    2 weeks ago
World War II is considered the deadliest arm conflict in human history. The war left at least 70 million people dead or 3% of the world’s population at the time. The deaths that directly resulted from the war are about 50-56 million people while about 19-28 million people died from war-related famine and diseases . https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?hspart=sz&hsimp=yhs-001&type=type7074912-sv7-101-9251&param1=101&p=number+of+deaths+WWII&param2=9251

It's definitely chasing WWII for the number of deaths.

Hey, Hal! Good to see you didn't leave

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
2.2  author  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2    2 weeks ago
COVID: giving World War II a run for its money.

Trump would probably love to use that as a slogan.

JohnRussell
3  JohnRussell    2 weeks ago

I like the use of the   Public Interest   category along with the phrase 'Dump Trump 2020'.  Very appropriate.

JohnRussell
4  JohnRussell    2 weeks ago

Bob Nelson
5  Bob Nelson    2 weeks ago

original

We've killed Rochester and Des Moines.

Modesto is probably gone.

Birmingham is up next....

5.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Bob Nelson @5    2 weeks ago

193,524 - Little Rock, Arkansas. Not only is it now dead but we can put some of the outer lying towns in that coffin

MonsterMash
5.1.1  MonsterMash  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.1    2 weeks ago

This is not true.

As of Wednesday afternoon 10-7-20, there have been at least 88,071 cases and 1,469 deaths in the entire state of Arkansas since the beginning of the pandemic, according to a New York Times database.

The entire popluation of Little Rock in 2019 was 197,312 so are you seriously saying there are now less than 4,000 people alive and living in Little Rock?

5.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  MonsterMash @5.1.1    2 weeks ago

That's the population of Little Rock, [deleted] If you were actually following Bob's thread you would have understood that.

devangelical
5.1.3  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.1.2    2 weeks ago

most trumpsters only hear what they want to hear.

5.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @5.1.3    2 weeks ago

I think most people understood my comment

Bob Nelson
5.1.5  Bob Nelson  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.1.2    2 weeks ago

Trout!

Do you really expect people to read before posting? That's an abominable limitation on the freedom of speech!

There is no need to know what one is talking about in order to talk about it!

5.1.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Bob Nelson @5.1.5    2 weeks ago

Well, if he had actually read your starting comment he would know what we are talking about and not embarassed himself. Of course, he doesn't understand that and I expect the dodge, duck, dive, dip, and drool gang to appear on his behalf

Bob Nelson
5.1.7  Bob Nelson  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.1.6    2 weeks ago

OMG, Trout! Where are you going with this? The next thing will be to read the seed!

Unthinkable!

JohnRussell
6  JohnRussell    2 weeks ago
(CNN)      A strongly medicated   President Donald Trump   bolted from his VIP hospital bubble Monday, staging a   bizarre White House comeback that included an irresponsible mask removal   and a reckless pronouncement there is nothing to fear from Covid-19, which has already killed 210,000 Americans. -
His actions show him, if anything, entrenched deeper in denial over the virus than ever before and more committed to trashing scientific protocols that could slow the pandemic.
"We're going back. We're going back to work. We're gonna be out front. As your leader I had to do that. I knew there's danger to it but I had to do it," Trump says in a strange campaign video whipped up by aides within an hour of his return to the White House, in which the President framed himself as a warrior who took on the virus and won.

6.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @6    2 weeks ago

We discussed steroids here a bit, yesterday. Since they are treating him with steroids, it can cause the patient to feel completely well, but that doesn't mean the patient is cured

(CNN) One of the physicians treating President Donald Trump, Dr. Brian Garibaldi, said Sunday the President is being given the steroid drug dexamethasone as part of his Covid-19 treatment.
It's an indication that Trump's condition is worrying , as the drug should not be given to anyone who is not ill enough to justify the downsides of taking steroids -- including that it suppresses the immune system. https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/04/health/trump-covid-dexamethasone-serious-bn/index.html

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
6.1.1  author  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1    2 weeks ago

Did you see  him try to hide his huffing and puffing as he stood in between the columns?

And all that bullshit about saluting Marine One?  This is a man that throws down his umbrella upon boarding Air Force One, and now he wants the world to believe that last night was SOP...as he filmed several takes to get the feel just right...

6.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @6.1.1    2 weeks ago

He still didn't get it right. His elbow should be at a 90 degree angle. I really do wish they would teach presidents to salute properly or tell them not to salute at all.

He did look to me like he was having a hard time breathing...a lot of mouth breathing...well....more than normal

devangelical
6.1.3  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1.2    2 weeks ago

mouth breathing seems to be a common thing among his sycophants.

CB
6.2  CB   replied to  JohnRussell @6    2 weeks ago

Why is this 'experimental medicine patient' allowed to run anything at this time? What is wrong with the back-up leadership in this country?!!! Have they all lost their damn minds?

Donald Trump is on EXPERIMENTAL DRUGS in some concocted measurements and dosages! Why is he allowed to 'drive while medicated, or 'intoxicated'?

Bob Nelson
6.2.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  CB @6.2    2 weeks ago
Why is he allowed to 'drive while medicated, or 'intoxicated'?

Because logic and rules do not apply.

CB
6.2.2  CB   replied to  Bob Nelson @6.2.1    2 weeks ago

Hi Bob! And, if there is a presidential townhall debate Tuesday, irony of ironies, guess which one of the debaters WILL BE 'JACKED UP ON 'ROIDS', AND OTHER EXPERIMENTAL DRUGS to prop him up? I know you, John, and others will the answer right! Trump supporters—not so much.

JohnRussell
7  JohnRussell    2 weeks ago

Sean Treacy
8  Sean Treacy    2 weeks ago

Pssstt... it’s now six months in..its time to understand the reported numbers aren’t an accurate reflection of reality.  China, Russia, Iran are actively lying about their numbers. An entire continent (Africa)  has reported very few cases.

unless you think the entire world needs to follow Nigeria’s example in healthcare, you should probably understand the us has done about as well as any other country in the world that has had an outbreak.

six months in countries like Canada are still hitting daily high counts in new cases. Per the WHO ten percent of the world has been infected, 20 times the official count .  meanwhile about 8% of the US has.

Dulay
8.1  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @8    2 weeks ago

So Sean, let me see if I have this straight.

The numbers aren't accurate.

All the other countries are lying about their numbers.

YET, somehow, you believe the numbers from the US and insist that proves the US is doing better than the rest of the world.

You cite Canada and seem to accept the validity of their numbers so let's look at a good comparison.

Canada's positive test rate is 1.8%.

The US positive test rate is 18%.

Understand THOSE numbers Sean?

Sean Treacy
8.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @8.1    2 weeks ago
ll the other countries are lying about their num

I didn't say that/

you believe the numbers from the US

I didn't say that.

st that proves the US is doing better than the rest of the world.

Didn't say that

The US positive test rate is 18%

No, its not.

You seem to be wrong about everything...

Dulay
8.1.2  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.1    2 weeks ago
I didn't say that/

I KNOW I have said it before Sean but will you PLEASE take 5 minutes of you time and learn how to properly block quote. PLEASE.

Then WHAT did you say Sean, clarify it.

you believe the numbers from the US  I didn't say that.

You said that the "us has done about as well as any other country in the world that has had an outbreak". In NOT on the US numbers, WTF did you base that conclusion on Sean?

st that proves the US is doing better than the rest of the world.  Didn't say that

I REPEAT, You said that the "us has done about as well as any other country in the world that has had an outbreak" so YES you did Sean.

The US positive test rate is 18% No, its not.

Yes it is and that is right from Johns Hopkins TODAY.

You seem to be wrong about everything...

You ARE wrong about me being wrong.

Sean Treacy
8.1.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @8.1.2    2 weeks ago
Then WHAT did you say Sean, clarify it

It speaks for itself. If you are just going to argue against strawmen and mischaracterize what I wrote, there's nothing I can do. For instance,:

Do you honestly need to have "just about as well" does not equal " is doing better than,"  explained to you?  Honestly, I can't have a discussion with you if you can't think those two phrases mean the same thing/

Yes it is and that is right from Johns Hopkins TODAY.

Unlike yourself, who never supports your own claims , I'll provide a link to John Hopkins even though you constantly demand others prove their  assertions without ever doing so yourself.  I'm nice like that.

ou ARE wrong about me being wrong.

Of course I'm not.

Dulay
8.1.4  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.3    2 weeks ago
It speaks for itself.

Nope.

If you are just going to argue against strawmen

I didn't say anything about your comment being a strawman.

and mischaracterize what I wrote, there's nothing I can do.

I asked you to clarify. Looks like you're incapable of doing so. That's on you.

Do YOU honestly need to have it explained to you that either one implies that YOU believe the US numbers which you denied?

Oh and 'just about as well' as WHOM Sean? HOW THE FUCK can you compare the US numbers to those you don't accept and then say ours are 'just about' as good? It's ridiculous.

Oh my bad, I read that wrong.

So it's 4.7% vs. 1.8. The US positive rate is 'just' 2.5X HIGHER than Canada's. Does it make you happy that the US is only doing 2.5X worse than Canada in countering the spread of Covid?

How about deaths per 100,000? US, 640 Canada, 258. Not 'just about as well' there either Sean. In fact, not even close.

Got any other countries whose data you accept enough to compare to the US?

9  Kavika     2 weeks ago

Sean how is what other countries report have anything to do with what the US is experiencing. The US is also likely under-reporting as well.

We have well over 200,000 dead and the number of the daily new COVID is in the 40K range. Our deaths per one million population is 649 while Canada's is 251 per one million.

We would be a lot better off controlling COVID in the US than concerning ourselves with what other countries report or don't report.

MUVA
9.1  MUVA  replied to  Kavika @9    2 weeks ago

Trump said don’t let the virus dominate your life you didn’t seem to get the message.

9.1.1  Kavika   replied to  MUVA @9.1    2 weeks ago

Coast Guard vice commandant tests positive for COVID-19

The majority of the JCOS have been exposed are in self-quarantine.

There is no reason that anyone with the least bit of gray matter would listen to anything that Trumps says.

Cheers.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
9.1.2  author  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Kavika @9.1.1    2 weeks ago
The majority of the JCOS have been exposed are in self-quarantine.

I just heard that.  It's a frightening time for us all...even the really, really stupid people.

9.1.3  Kavika   replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @9.1.2    2 weeks ago

To say the White House and many of the branches of government have become a ''hot spot'' is an understatement.

MUVA
9.1.4  MUVA  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @9.1.2    2 weeks ago

I’m not frightened at all I will not let fear drive my life I use caution.I’m taking Trump’s directive to heart and not letting the virus dominate my existence.

Texan1211
9.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  MUVA @9.1.4    2 weeks ago

Some folks have trouble discerning between "frightened sheep" and "cautious".

Me, I took a Covid test yesterday, came back negative. I wear a mask anytime I am not in my own car, house, or yard.

CB
9.1.6  CB   replied to  MUVA @9.1.4    2 weeks ago

Donald Trump has let the virus dominate his life, that's why all the 'regular' testings (and the moment they slipped up - KPOW!). Also, as we do the typical Trump "combat" argumentation, Donald is 'loaded' with medical 'cocktails.' Scrutinize what "the wizard" is doing and you will see he is doing what he is not saying. And, the spell will be broken!

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
9.1.7  author  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  MUVA @9.1.4    2 weeks ago

More than 210,900 people had no choice but to take Trump's directive.   That's a lot of fucking dead people.

MUVA
9.1.8  MUVA  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @9.1.7    2 weeks ago

Fucking dead people nice.

9.1.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  MUVA @9.1.8    2 weeks ago

That's rich coming from somebody who protests wearing a mask even tho it's for other people's protection, not your own

MUVA
9.1.10  MUVA  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.9    2 weeks ago

I wear a mask I just don’t need some  dried up old bitty’s or progressive telling me I have to.I also wouldn’t call people that died the fucking dead.

9.1.11  Trout Giggles  replied to  MUVA @9.1.10    2 weeks ago
I also wouldn’t call people that died the fucking dead.

They are dead, are they not. What's the matter, that adjective hit a nerve?

And I hope you aren't calling me a dried old bitty

Tessylo
9.1.12  Tessylo  replied to  MUVA @9.1.10    2 weeks ago

What would you call them?

CB
9.1.13  CB   replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.11    2 weeks ago

I can't believe the number of idiots out there telling the nation we need 50 state governors' hodge-podge responses to a single pandemic! We may as well dissolve this union of states, and becomes citizens of individual states alone! We are 'owned' or owing allegiance to our governors! We indicate allegiance constitutionally to our nation-state-union!

9.1.14  Trout Giggles  replied to  CB @9.1.13    2 weeks ago

I think a national response to the pandemic is the only way we're going to stop it, but people will holler "states' rights" until they're blue in the face and some of those are the governors

MUVA
9.1.15  MUVA  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.11    2 weeks ago

You are vibrant and full of life I would never say that about you I meant Nancy and should have said so.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
9.1.16  author  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  MUVA @9.1.8    2 weeks ago
Fucking dead people nice.

You should be more appalled at the number of fucking dead people.

Since you made your comment 4 hours ago, another 600 people have died.

CB
9.1.17  CB   replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.14    2 weeks ago

They're playing stupid games while the citizenry sickens, goes bankrupt, out on the streets, and die. Note: I do not know if it is happening in your area, but I am starting to see the 'canary in the coal mine' reality of more people (and filth) on the streets in lean-tos. Some of them extraordinary young too.

CB
9.1.18  CB   replied to  CB @9.1.13    2 weeks ago

DEPARTMENT OF OOPS! @9.1.3 should read, "We are not 'owned' or owing allegiance to our governors!"

Big Ups, to those of you who could figure out from the context of the paragraph my missing word! (;

9.1.19  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  CB @9.1.13    2 weeks ago

What are the governors supposed to do when Trump and his joke of a head of the cv task forse have given little if any guidance?

Bob Nelson
9.1.20  Bob Nelson  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @9.1.19    2 weeks ago

Run around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Like him.

CB
9.1.21  CB   replied to  Paula Bartholomew @9.1.19    2 weeks ago

Hi Paula! Governors are not the problem. The president sworn to protect and serve (ALL OF US) has chosen to call us out as "blues" and "reds" and explain how he having no-go with the blues!  Trump personifies the problem. In times like this, governors (blue and red) are compelled to form alliances, plural, or choose the "home" team! This is not the way our union of states should operate during a pandemic. Pandemics come from outside the country and affect the entirety of the nation. In such a case, Donald is in manifest error to be waging his typical 'combat' on governors and by extension the people any one and all of those governors serve!

Sean Treacy
9.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Kavika @9    2 weeks ago

That question seems better directed to the person who claimed "When those numbers are compared to the numbers of worldwide infections (35.5 million), and deaths (1.04 million), I would say that the leader of the most advanced country in the world has some explaining to do."

e would be a lot better off controlling COVID in the US than concernin

sure, but understanding the reality of the virus by understanding what it is actually doing in the rest of the world helps to understand what is possible.  If Canada were "controlling" covid, it wouldn't have its highest number of new cases in October, six months in. Israel wouldn't have double the amount of new cases on a per capita basis.  The UK had the equivalent of 70,000 new cases yesterday.   "Control" exists only until a cluster of superspreading events occurs. Luck matters.

Months ago, Argentina was the darling of the media for it's "control" of the virus. This article is typical, praising it's people before profits approach.

Argentina has since been hammered, with daily deaths eclipsing the US despite having 1/6 the population.  If it were as big as the US, Argentina would have suffered 2700 deaths yesterday.  Suddenly, it's not the left's darling.  The results in countries or states that do everything "right" end up looking alot like those that do everything "wrong" over time.

9.2.1  Kavika   replied to  Sean Treacy @9.2    2 weeks ago

So, that's a nice recap but has little to do with the US doing a better job of controlling COVID or facing the fact that our cases and death are near the top of the list. Sadly the number of new COVID cases and deaths in the US is staying at a stubbornly high number.

Sean Treacy
9.2.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Kavika @9.2.1    2 weeks ago

The list isn't accurate....I don't know how much plain I can be or overwhelming the evidence needs to be for people to understand that.

The WHO believes "the list" reflects less than 5% of the actual number of cases worldwide... It should be  obvious that making sweeping declarations based on such a small sample size is a fool's game but.....

9.2.3  Kavika   replied to  Sean Treacy @9.2.2    2 weeks ago

If the list isn't accurate please post what you believe is an accurate number. As I stated earlier the US number isn't accurate either they are higher. It was you some time back that brought up the ''excess deaths'' stats.

The only fools game being played is by you. Your unwillingness to see that the US is being battered by COVID and wanting to for whatever reason say that other countries are doing worse than we are is strange at best.

Sean Treacy
9.2.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  Kavika @9.2.3    2 weeks ago
the list isn't accurate please post what you believe is an accurate number.

No one knows.  Somewhere around 700 million. Provide me serology tests from every country in the world and I will give you a better estimate.

stated earlier the US number isn't accurate either they are higher.

I know that. I've said that repeatedly.

was you some time back that brought up the ''excess deaths'' stats.

Yes, and each country in the world is counting deaths by different standards.  Some are doing a better job than others. Some are intentionally lying. Some have been overwhelmed and have no real idea how many died.

The only fools game being played is by you

Arguing against a simple minded reliance on flawed numbers is a fools game.  Yet I try to spread a  dose of reality nevertheless.

ur unwillingness to see that the US is being battered by COVID

I've never said that.

reason say that other countries are doing worse than we are is strange at best.

I find it strange that some are obsessed with claiming the US is doing worse than other countries while  using incomplete and manipulated data to support their claim. Why do you trust Putin's numbers and use them against the US?

9.2.5  Kavika   replied to  Sean Treacy @9.2.4    2 weeks ago
I find it strange that some are abscessed with claiming the US is doing worse than other countries and  using incomplete and manipulated data to support their claim. Why do you trust Putin's numbers and use them against the US?

I find it strange you are obsessed with numbers that you can't ID and doing your best to point to other countries that you claim are doing worse than the US.

If they are or if they aren't what difference does that make to the pandemic in the US. It doesn't, period.

Here is one for you to chew on. The WH and Pentagon had more positive COVID cases today than the whole country of Taiwan, population 24,000,000. Think that they are lying?

BTW, nowhere did I say that I trusted Putin's numbers.

Have a good evening, ya hear.

Sean Treacy
9.2.6  Sean Treacy  replied to  Kavika @9.2.5    2 weeks ago
tIf they are or if they aren't what difference does that make to the pandemic in the US

Again, I wasn't one the one who brought them up. Bring it up with the OP.

Think that they are lying?

Nope.  It's not just about lying (though some countries certainly are)

BTW, nowhere did I say that I trusted Putin's numbers.

Great, we agree that the reported numbers shouldn't be trusted as an accurate reflection of reality.

Dulay
9.2.7  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @9.2.4    2 weeks ago

Since you acknowledge that the US numbers are UNDER reported, I find it strange that YOU are obsessed with claiming that the US is doing 'just about as well' as other countries while using incomplete and manipulated data to support YOUR claim.

CB
9.2.8  CB   replied to  Dulay @9.2.7    2 weeks ago

The real issue I see here . . .

(and I am sorry I could not properly concentrate on this specific thread's content - I scanned it) is Donald is doing "combat" with the life of this nation's citizens and now his own

. . . this nation is not doing its best to control/stop/end the Coronavirus! We are perpetuating its existence because of the will of one man: Donald J. Trump: The 'hostile combatant.'

Bob Nelson
9.2.9  Bob Nelson  replied to  Kavika @9.2.3    2 weeks ago
Your unwillingness to see that...

You're assuming that intellectual honesty is the general rule. It isn't.

Bob Nelson
9.2.10  Bob Nelson  replied to  Kavika @9.2.5    2 weeks ago

Exactly!

JohnRussell
10  JohnRussell    2 weeks ago
President Trump  tweeted on Monday as he prepared to leave Walter Reed that people shouldn't be afraid of  COVID-19  or let it  dominate their lives  – as the death toll in America topped 210,000. For  Amanda Kloots,  who lost her husband, Broadway actor Nick Cordero, to the virus, that tweet hit a nerve.

Kloots posted Mr. Trump's tweet on Instagram, with her own message to other families who lost loved ones to the virus: "I stand by you, with you, holding your hand."

"Unfortunately it did dominate our lives didn't it? It dominated Nick's family's lives and my family's lives. I guess we 'let it' – like it was our choice??" her post continued.

"Unfortunately not everyone is lucky enough to spend two days in the hospital," she said, referring to Mr. Trump's short stay for COVID-19 treatment. "I cried next to my husband for 95 days watching what COVID did to the person I love. It IS something to be afraid of."

President Trump left Walter Reed medical center on Monday evening, three days after he was flown there for treatment and hours after the medical team treating him for COVID-19 cautioned he's " not out of the woods yet ."

During her husband's long battle with the virus, Kloots often  used her Instagram  to update fans and share information about what his harrowing journey looked like. She had not directly spoken about the president's coronavirus diagnosis on Instagram until Monday night, when her posts went viral.

Cordero, 41, was intubated on April 1, and in addition to suffering from pneumonia, he went into septic shock, had two "mini strokes," had a temporary pacemaker and suffered from blood clotting complications which resulted in his right leg being  amputated , Kloots has said.

At the end of his battle, Cordreo was in a "vicious ICU dance circle," Kloots said. The Tony Award-nominated actor  died on July 5.

On her Instagram stories Monday, Kloots said she is usually not a political person "but this is kind of hard to ignore." She said she was "frozen" and couldn't believe what she read when she saw Mr. Trump's tweet.

Verified

To all the over 208,000 Americans who lost loved ones to this virus - I stand by you, with you, holding your hand. Unfortunately it did dominate our lives didn’t it? It dominated Nick’s family’s lives and my family’s lives. I guess we “let it” - like it was our choice?? Unfortunately not everyone is lucky enough to spend two days in the hospital. I cried next to my husband for 95 days watching what COVID did to the person I love. It IS something to be afraid of. After you see the person you love the most die from this disease you would never say what this tweet says. There is no empathy to all the lives lost. He is bragging instead. It is sad. It is hurtful. It is disgraceful.

Ronin2
11  Ronin2    2 weeks ago

Reality check- most of the dead are in Democratic bastion of stupidity run shitholes.

Why is that more people are dying in Democratic run states and cities? Could it be in places like NY, NJ, Michigan, and others they put people that tested Covid 19 in retirement and nursing homes that were not able to handle it- exposing the elderly and most susceptible to the virus. Good way to kill off the takers in their system; and then blame Trump for the deaths.

In New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Michigan, the states' governors issued orders preventing nursing homes from refusing COVID-19 patients entry, despite the vulnerable populations in nursing homes.

But Trump, so much BS. Trump had nothing to do with Democratic governors and mayors actions that increased the deaths among their population due to Covid-19.

JBB
11.1  JBB  replied to  Ronin2 @11    2 weeks ago

Is the White House a liberal bastion? I ask because everyone there has just came down with Covid...

Of course Covid entered the US FROM EUROPE at the major ports of entry which are mostly coastal.

Butt, now the infection rates are higher in Texas!

Greg Jones
11.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @11.1    2 weeks ago
It was on the West Coast, in that nursing home.

Greg Jones
11.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Ronin2 @11    2 weeks ago

CB
12  CB     2 weeks ago

Yes, 'merica! This is really who Donald J. Trump is! A 'combatant' who can not help himself. He punches away! And punches away! Though this foe is invisible and does not seek applause or the roar of an audience!

Tessylo
13  Tessylo    2 weeks ago

121076378_2753497474922569_5429881665107044816_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=NodIOZL4WBMAX-3royG&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=a5f4f0ba5f997e60ccab7180d364983c&oe=5FA206A5

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
14  author  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    2 weeks ago

Jeez that bully seems familiar.  And I mean really, really familiar.