27 people share pictures of ugly things they own

Via:  Split Personality  •  2 months ago  •  22 comments

By:   May Wilkerson

27 people share pictures of ugly things they own

Leave a comment to auto-join group SiNNERs and ButtHeads

SiNNERs and ButtHeads

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

We all have a household object that most of the world would deem "ugly" but we wouldn't dream of taking it to Goodwill. Just because something is aesthetically displeasing doesn't make it garbage ( or maybe it is garbage but we love it anyway)

Someone on Twitter asked people to share photos of the "ugliest" thing they own.

Here are 26 of the most gloriously ugly items you've ever seen. These treasured objects are truly the stuff of nightmares.

Article is Locked by Moderator

Split Personality
1  seeder  Split Personality    2 months ago

My wife asked me how long we were required to keep this?  I made it in the late 60's. Seems a shame to give up on it now, lol!

JaneDoe
1.1  JaneDoe  replied to  Split Personality @1    2 months ago

I will let your wife in on a little secret of mine. Sometimes, when others aren’t around, you can sneak things into the trash and they never even notice it’s gone.

I like the colors in that painting. Maybe a spare bedroom or the garage so she doesn’t have to see it so often.

Split Personality
1.1.1  seeder  Split Personality  replied to  JaneDoe @1.1    2 months ago

Notice it's place of honor is behind my office door,  which is open 95% of the time.

We also have a bulletin board about the same size that usually stands in front of it.

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Colors, yes indeed, they matched the shag carpet in my first apartment, lol,  memories...

XDm9mm
1.1.2  XDm9mm  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.1    2 months ago
Colors, yes indeed, they matched the shag carpet in my first apartment

You blame the carpet, but you know it was really the acid.  (I think only us old timers will get that reference.)

cobaltblue
1.1.3  cobaltblue  replied to  XDm9mm @1.1.2    2 months ago
You blame the carpet

Do the drapes match the carpet? (I think the youngsters will get that one too.)

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
1.1.4  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  XDm9mm @1.1.2    2 months ago
You blame the carpet, but you know it was really the acid.

Ha!!

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
1.1.5  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  cobaltblue @1.1.3    2 months ago
Do the drapes match the carpet? (I think the youngsters will get that one too.)

That reminds me...  How is your heart-shaped bush?  Luscious as ever?

WallyW
1.2  WallyW  replied to  Split Personality @1    2 months ago

Looks a bit like one of those avian dinosaurs

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMrqcIo4JHmoHHwdlaYFk

Split Personality
1.2.1  seeder  Split Personality  replied to  WallyW @1.2    2 months ago

It's almost as old Wally !  jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Split Personality @1    2 months ago

That would look great in my attic

Split Personality
1.3.1  seeder  Split Personality  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.3    2 months ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

KDMichigan
1.4  KDMichigan  replied to  Split Personality @1    2 months ago

I have a wooden napkin holder I made when I was 5 years old, yeah it looks like a 5 year old made it but that's no excuse for the wife always trying to throw it away sheesh. I made it in the Cub scouts if I remember correctly. Are they still a thing?

Split Personality
1.4.1  seeder  Split Personality  replied to  KDMichigan @1.4    2 months ago

I was a Tiger Cub coordinator and Cub Scout Leader in the distant past, lol. jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif It was like throwing a birthday party every week and there's only so many times you can take them to the firehouse or to see cheese being made.

So we taught them ceramics.....so to speak.

My kids made these and they hold a place of "honor" on the window sill in the garage, but I won't part with them.

I think they are supposed to be an ash tray and a pencil holder??196

KDMichigan
1.4.2  KDMichigan  replied to  Split Personality @1.4.1    2 months ago

Yes tiger cub, that is it. I never progressed beyond that. jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

cobaltblue
1.5  cobaltblue  replied to  Split Personality @1    2 months ago

I screamed at that poor, yet colorful, bird that he was flying too close to the sun, but he didn't hear me! He must have had his earbuds in ... he was listening to Here Comes The Sun .

He obviously didn't learn a lesson from Icarus ... and now he's Daedalus.

Haha! Great picture ... !

devangelical
1.6  devangelical  replied to  Split Personality @1    2 months ago

yikes. which way is up?

Split Personality
1.6.1  seeder  Split Personality  replied to  devangelical @1.6    2 months ago

If we retire South of the Border, it will fit right in, lol....

devangelical
1.6.2  devangelical  replied to  Split Personality @1.6.1    2 months ago

it would fit in on the walls of my son's living room without too much notice.

It Is ME
2  It Is ME    2 months ago

99.9% of everything considered "Ugly" in my house, has been thrown out.  My wife is happy ! jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

It was all " My Stuff ". jrSmiley_89_smiley_image.gif

The .1% I got to keep, was this:

3  Paula Bartholomew    2 months ago

The uglier an item is, the more I want it.  I have quite a collection.

Split Personality
3.1  seeder  Split Personality  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3    2 months ago

LOLjrSmiley_7_smiley_image.png

4  Buzz of the Orient    2 months ago

I can't think of anything I own that I would consider ugly, but others may have a different opinion about these.

This is up just inside our front door in order to scare bad spirits away from our home.

This variation of the three monkeys houses a magnifying glass in its base.  Instead of "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil", it depicts "see evil, hear evil, speak evil" (that's a megaphone, not a camera).

Just Jim NC TttH