╌>

Democrats Hate Thanksgiving: Here's How They Plan To Ruin It

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  xxjefferson51  •  9 years ago  •  75 comments

Political & Economic Analysis

BY KERRY JACKSON

When Americans gather for Thanksgiving dinner, some just might want to follow the conventions of the holiday and talk about what they are thankful for. At tables around the country conversation will naturally drift toward Christmas shopping, football and the weather.

But for the Democrats, Thanksgiving is just a chance to ruin a fine holiday.

On Tuesday, @TheDemocrats tweeted "It's the holiday season, which means lots of time with your Republican uncle. Give him the facts this weekend." Included was "The Democrat's Guide To Talking Politics With Your Republican Uncle," in case Democrats out there "need help setting your Republican relatives straight this holiday season." The guide is supposedly useful for sorting out "the most common myths" and has "the perfect response for each of them."

Thanks, guys, for spreading misery all across the country. Our Thanksgiving holiday should be a time for joy and reflection, but the Democrats want to turn it into a war zone, where family members are pitted against each other

This is, naturally, a theme for the party. Two years ago it tried to mar Christmas with Pajama Boy, that effete and effeminate fellow who wanted us all to spend Christmas talking about ObamaCare. Simply put, Democrats don't have any use for a civil society, where individuals make their own choices and voluntarily work together. They want us to live in a political society, in which decisions are made by a political process and coercion is the tool of organization.

This does nothing but divide the American people and set us on the path to mob rule, where the strongest gang brings down the law and forces everyone else to live by it, the U.S. Constitution and timeless, universal principles be damned.

It's discouraging, but the truth is that we have strayed far from the road we were on when George Washington proclaimed that Thursday, Nov. 26, 1789, would be a day of "public thanksgiving and prayer" devoted to "the service of that great and glorious Being who is the beneficent Author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be."

Maybe what we should be most grateful for this year is the fact that things aren't actually worse than they are, and hope that next year our gratitude is a joyful response to the fact that the candidate from the party of political society wasn't elected president earlier in the month.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/blogs-capital-hill/112515-782555-democrats-offer-instructions-on-how-to-ruin-thanksgiving-holiday.htm#ixzz3sXdk16yq
Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51    9 years ago

They are also suppose to promote gun grabbing this Thanksgiving.  Liberalism should be giving God thanks for the great country we live in and all that we do have.  

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  XXJefferson51   9 years ago

That is part of what my family is going to do, and we're all democrats.  We are also thankful for each other, and so very grateful for my husband's new job, my son's healing knee, and that this flu I have is just a flu, not The Flu.  We will thank our heavenly Father for so many blessings, for family and friends, and this wonderful country we live in-- where we can all live together in peace.  And we're all democrats.

Not all democrats deserve contempt.  Nor do all republicans.  Let's all be thankful we have this nice site to come to and hate one another on.  thumbs up

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dowser   9 years ago

I already know that I'm going to hear all about it from a particular close relative tomorrow.  All about how business is bad, banks are bad, corporations are bad, how Obama hasn't done enough.  How deficits and debt doesn't matter.  Why we shouldn't provide any  incentives to promote more hiring or business investment. It will be about as if John or Randy were sitting across from me at the table.  The difference is that this person is into both Sanders and Trump.  And dislikes Hillary almost as much as all the other Republicans besides Trump.   The person dislikes Fiorina, Rubio, Carson, and Cruz most of all. I'm sure the person has the memo in question.   

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  XXJefferson51   9 years ago

You are lucky you won't be sitting across from me at the Thanksgiving table XX. I'd give you a case of indigestion to last you all year, although nothing you don't deserve. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell   9 years ago

Well, I am one of those Republican uncles the article mentions that they are targeting.  You would be no worse other than that you might ignore mom when she calls a halt to all political conversation at the table right when it gets interesting and everyone still has a point they want to make.  

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  XXJefferson51   9 years ago

Good farking grief Uncle X, this may very well be the most ridiculous article you have ever seeded.  But have a lovely Thanksgiving anyway.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  XXJefferson51   9 years ago

I don't think businesses or banks or corporations are bad? Deficits and debt matter very much, which is why I'm happy to see the deficit going down every year. I definitely should provide incentives for like cutting taxes for those who keep their manufacturing here in the USA and taxing overseas profits of American business that ship jobs overseas and raising their US taxes if they do ship jobs overseas.. Also forcing American companies to bring the hundreds of billions of dollars stashed overseas back to the USA, taxed of course, would be a big help. Would go a long way toward helping to continue to pay Bush's Deficits down.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Randy   9 years ago

How do you propose to compel an international corporation based here to take the proceeds of money invested, spent, and then earned abroad back here when none of it was earned here? If a corporation took money that was never here in the first place to invest in a country or region, build the means of production, distribution, sales all over there and then reinvest that money where it was made or save it there, what business is it of ours as to whether they decide to bring profits earned elsewhere back here.  As a shareholder in a given American based multinational, here is about the last place on earth it should go.  Companies virtually have a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders to take their profits about anywhere else but here as long as our corporate income tax is so high.  Most countries in the 1st or developed world do not tax money earned abroad that comes home after local taxes on it have been paid.  So a foreign company doing business here pays our taxes and when they send their profits back home, the nation that company is based in doesn't tax them too.  

Randy
Sophomore Participates

How do you propose to compel an international corporation based here to take the proceeds of money invested, spent, and then earned abroad back here when none of it was earned here?

Tax it.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

How do you tax money here that wasn't made here?  If a company builds a factory and infrastructure in another country half the world away, and sells what it makes over there and is taxed over there and the money is re invested there, there is nothing for here to tax. Your idea is why so many are doing inversions.  

Randy
Sophomore Participates

You tax a portion of the company's profits from all of it's overseas operations. It they move jobs overseas to avoid paying taxes in their profits here in the US, then tax them what they would have had to pay on their profits by keeping the jobs here anyway. Call it a punishment tax or hell, call it a fine. Also give a huge tax break to companies that keep jobs here or bring them back.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
It's only outsourcing if they quit a facility here and then move it elsewhere while still selling the product here.  My example wasn't that.  It was an American based multinational building a widget making facility in nation x and then building distribution and sales infrastructure in that nation and selling that product in that nation and maybe its neighbors but not here. No American jobs or tax revenues were lost in this. Many countries including this one have laws or tariffs that discourage certain imports.  Taxing an American company domestically for its operations abroad that have already paid taxes abroad is a sure way to have fewer American based companies. Virtually no other developed nation does that to multinationals HQ'd in their borders.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson  replied to  XXJefferson51   9 years ago

This is just "The Airing of Grievances". It's an important part of the Festivus tradition !

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  pat wilson   9 years ago

May God bless one and all today as we give Him thanks for all that we have on this fine Thanksgiving day

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

Seriously, XX, if they make your life miserable, don't go.  We have family that we avoid seeing on holidays, although we love them dearly!  Several of them are bat shit crazy, and we just don't go there...

Not on my side.  winking   All my family is dead.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Dowser   9 years ago

We have family that we avoid seeing on holidays, although we love them dearly!

I moved almost 2,000 miles to get away from my family and the holidays was one of the biggest reasons! None of those lunatics going to drop in unexpectedly way out here!

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Randy   9 years ago

This is why I'm at the camper...  winking

We are Off the Grid!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

Why are they lunatics just because they disagree with you? 

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

No, dear XX-- they have been diagnosed with mental problems.  I honestly have no idea how they feel about politics.  We don't discuss it.

When I say "bat shit crazy", I mean it in the psychological sense.  Not in their opinions!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

Sorry Dowser. My comment in question was directed at Randy.  

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

My bad!  I can't keep up...  Internet is working great, right now, and I can actually see where the comments are going!

Hope you had a great day!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

Thanks.  It went well.  

Randy
Sophomore Participates

Why are they lunatics just because they disagree with you?

You haven't met them.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

It won't be miserable.  I can handle myself just fine.  I don't mind a bit of polite and reasoned back and forth discussion of current events.  It's just that I know I will hear all those talking points the article mentioned and more.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dowser   9 years ago

"Let's all be thankful we have this nice site to come to and hate one another on."

thumbs up

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson    9 years ago

Thanks for giving us another trash article !

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober  replied to  pat wilson   9 years ago

You're welcome ?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Petey Coober   9 years ago

You beat me too it.  Thanks. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  pat wilson   9 years ago

Thanks for giving us another trash article !

:-)

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  pat wilson   9 years ago

Coming from a person that thinks that crappy Bill O'Reilly dance remix garbage is quality I'd take this opinion with a grain of salt. 

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson  replied to  Dean Moriarty   9 years ago

Dean, the whole thing about the O'Rielly dance remix was the hilarity of his behavior. Have you ever seen the original ? That one is funny too. 

I like the dance remix.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  pat wilson   9 years ago

Yes I thought the original was funny and the remix wasn't that bad.  I need to work on being more tolerant. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  pat wilson   9 years ago

@ Pat Wilson

Some people may not know to look at the time stamps that establish that your comment:

"Thanks for giving us another trash article !"

was posted BEFORE my comment which refers to a lighthearted article, and is immediately above yours. I don't think you meant the article I posted was trash but i would appreciate your clarifying that what you meant was the principal article of this seed.

As Jerry Verlinger points out, and I am in agreement with him on this, it is unfortunate that the order of the comments leads to considerable confusion, so that being specific as to identifying whom you are addressing and quoting from the comment you are addressing has become necessary on this site.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   9 years ago

No Buzz, not intended toward you. My comment was the second one here right after xx's

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  pat wilson   9 years ago

That you felt the article was a trash article was proof enough that the article was right on the mark and correct on its points being made.  Thanks for the affirmation.  la de da

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson  replied to  XXJefferson51   9 years ago

Thanks for the affirmation.   la de da

Dream on...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  pat wilson   9 years ago

@ Pat-wilson

"No Buzz, not intended toward you. My comment was the second one here right after xx's"

Thank you Pat. I knew you did not direct your comment to me, but I wanted to make sure everyone else understood that.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    9 years ago

Okay, here's a great article I just saw on NPR about how to deal with disturbing political (and other) conversations arising at the Thanksgiving dinner table:

LynneA
Freshman Silent
link   LynneA    9 years ago

This liberal Democrat will join family members who are conservative, ultra-conservative, a few libertarians and another token Democrat or two.  We'll enjoy being a family who has never allowed politics to define who we are as individuals, mutually respecting our differences as we celebrate the love of family. 

Each year we gather, I give thanks for the imperfectness of family and the love we share.

Wishing everyone a beautiful Thanksgiving!  Be kind to each other, life is fleeting :)

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
link   Robert in Ohio    9 years ago