╌>

This Perrie

Category:  Other

Via:  perrie-berlin-halpern  •  8 years ago  •  20 comments

This Perrie

This Perrie normally doesn't write articles like this, as she doesn't want attention. But since people in the know don't seem to get it, I will spell it out for them. 

This Perrie is having Mohs surgery today for Basal Cell Carcinoma. The damn thing is smack dab in the front of my face. I may come out looking fine, or looking like a cyclops. I also have no idea how long this will take or the amount of damage the cancer has caused. 

To add to this, this Perrie's 82 year old dad is having his finger operated on, to set two breaks in his pinky. It is totally shattered. Not awful, but he is being put under general anesthesia, which is a worry at his age.

And just for a little bit more added fun, this Perrie's mom, is having endoscopic ultrasound to see if the "Watchman" that she had put in her heart in Austin, hasn't moved. Again, not a big deal but she is being put under general anesthesia. 

Since my personal life is a bit jammed up right now, I had let some of the members know this... but apparently the message didn't get through. I guess the wires were overloaded. 

I guess this Perrie has no life, and no feelings.

So now you all know.

I will be on and off today, as I have to sit and wait as they look at each biopsy to see if they got all the cancer. You can all bitch to me then.  

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     8 years ago

I like Cyclops, JIP's, Big Chiefs and felons, and sometime even cats, but only if they are named Wally.

Kids are questionable, but I tolerate them up to a point.

Not to worry sister, I'll take over as the Chief Moderator and things will go swimmingly well or else.

Good luck to all. I will be rooting for fast and complete recovery.

Bitchingly yours

Animikee

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
link   Robert in Ohio    8 years ago

Perrie

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this tough and trying times.

Worry not about the trite shots - those that complain most about "the site" and "the rules" and about "those folks that abuse both" are most of the time part of the problem rather than someone offering a proposition to make the site better.

Your efforts to provide us a forum for "discussion" with personal rancor (a concept lost to many) is truly appreciated by many and you have many, many friends who will be thinking about you and wishing you well today and in the future.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    8 years ago

I had just sent you an email asking you to do something and then opened the home page and saw this. Sorry to hear this news - don't be concerned about NT right now, but keep thinking positive thoughts only. If the vibrations from all the members who admire and respect you have any effect, I'm sure you and your parents will be okay.

deepwaterdon
Freshman Silent
link   deepwaterdon    8 years ago

Thoughts and prayers to you and your parents, Perrie. You know we all are with you. Special thoughts at the 'spiritual tree' today for you.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
link   1stwarrior    8 years ago

I will be playing with the Golf gawds today but you're going to be receiving lots of smoke for you and the family - strength, love, patience, peace and healing in abundance.

That's this one's goal to you today - and always.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    8 years ago

You have been in my prayers since 8:30 am, and will continue to be, until we hear from you and that all is well.  The best of luck to you today with this surgery-- I know you must be frightened, and can certainly understand why!  I doubt that you'll end up like Cyclops, and sincerely hope that you still have all your "parts" after surgery!  

Get some decent pain meds, if you can take anything!  MUCH love to you!

TTGA
Professor Silent
link   TTGA    8 years ago

Hoping for a relatively minimal problem that can be easily handled Perrie (OK, I know that they're never minimal nor easily handled, but that's what hope is all about).  Remember that we're always with you.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    8 years ago

Perrie darlin'

Now the darkness only stays the night-time
In the morning it will fade away
Daylight is good at arriving at the right time
It's not always going to be this gray

All things must pass
All things must pass away
All things must pass
All things must pass away

G. Harrison

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man    8 years ago

Hey girl, Take care of your needs this place will still be here when your ready to get back to it.

Got your back.....

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton    8 years ago

Sending lottsa good karma and thoughts your guy's direction. Hope all goes as smoothly as possible with plenty of good news at the end of the day. Much love and good fortune to you Perrie.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober    8 years ago

Perrie ,

Hoping for the best for you & yours on these medical outcomes . Take care ...

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    8 years ago

Thinking of you Perrie and your Mom and Dad.  Sending good thoughts your way.  As far as the cyclops thingy.....don't worry about it.  If anyone could pull it off I'd bet my last nickle it would be you!  It's good to be strong for your parents but you have to take care of YOU too.  Me and the girls can take care of these reckless boys here on NT so we've got you covered.  Sending only positive thoughts to you and yours.  Happy

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    8 years ago

As always my hopes go out to you and yours for great outcomes all around.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    8 years ago

Best wishes from Hal too ... Perrie Mccarcinomaface.  Sorry, couldn't resist.  Remember - laughter is the best medicine. Laugh

KatPen
Freshman Silent
link   KatPen    8 years ago

That's a lot to take on, and all at once, to boot!  WOW!    Sending prayers of healing and comfort for you and both of your parents.  May all be well with all of you!    HUGS

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    8 years ago

You've a got a friend in me … lean on me, lament to, or, hopefully rejoice over the best of outcomes.

LynneA
Freshman Silent
link   LynneA    8 years ago

Sorry to hear your life's plate is overflowing with medical issues instead of chocolate covered strawberries!  Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    8 years ago

Here's something to give your mind a rest and a laugh!