╌>

Trump Fires His Campaign Manager Corey Lewandowski - By Jerry Verlinger

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jerry-verlinger  •  8 years ago  •  16 comments

Trump Fires His Campaign Manager Corey Lewandowski - By Jerry Verlinger

As Donald Trump is facing serious challenges while he is trying to move forward as the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, he has taken a  presumptive  step by firing his divisive chief campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski.  I have been watching presidential elections since I have been old enough to vote. (21 of them including 11 presidents), as I recall, every time I saw a campaign manager fired and/or a major shake-up in the management team, that candidate ended up losing the election. At this point Trump be will be fortunate if he is able to maintain his position as the RNC nominee.  

The campaign has achieved receiving a record 14 million votes to obtain Trump the RNC presumptive nominee position, and the man that fires people for a living, fired the man that argued " Let Trump be Trump " and organized the campaign. " Corey Lewandowski, will no longer be working with the campaign. ” Hope Hicks, a campaign spokeswoman said in a statement. She continued,  “ The campaign is grateful to Corey for his hard work and dedication and we wish him the best in the future. ”  

In an statement issued in the June 20 issue of the New York Times

With the Republican National Convention looming next month, Mr. Trump is facing the urgent task of broadening his team to include people with previous presidential campaign experience. Mr. Trump also has been turning his attention to fund-raising for the first time, which Mr. Lewandowski had assumed oversight of and something that has gone slowly for the campaign. The campaign has aired no ads for the general election campaign and there has been no “super PAC” that received a clear public blessing from Mr. Trump and his top advisers.

It's a hard argument to convince the public that the man that launched his campaign with the position that he is worth over 10 million dollars, is now in need of money. The firing of Lewandlwski has little or nothing to do with raising money, the fact that the entire campaign has finally taken enough holes via "The Donalds" outrageous and sometimes referred to as "stupid" comments, is actually starting to cause the ship to list, and like the Titan, The Donald is going down.  

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Jerry Verlinger    8 years ago

I've been among the survivors that have believed from the beginning that The Donald will never become President of this country.

The fact that he has gone this far IMO, is evident that there is something wrong in the collective thinking of many Republican voters. 

I'm not a fan of the Right Wing point of view on most issues, but I'm not naive enough to think a reasonable contingency of the Right Wing understands the man is not capable of dealing with the domestic and particularly the foreign affairs of the most powerful nation on the planet.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Jerry Verlinger   8 years ago

IMO the Republican Party simply did not have a candidate with sufficient charisma along with proper qualification this time around. They opened the door for Hillary.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Jerry Verlinger   8 years ago

"The fact that he has gone this far IMO, is evident that there is something wrong in the collective thinking of many Republican voters."

Are there no Democrats among those supporting him?

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     8 years ago

The first sacrificial lamb, YOUR FIRED....Classic

BTW, the article states Trump worth as 10 million. It should be 10 billion.

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Jerry Verlinger  replied to  Kavika   8 years ago

BTW, the article states Trump worth as 10 million. It should be 10 billion.

You're right. My 'puter keeps making mistakes like that whenever I hit the wrong keys.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Jerry Verlinger   8 years ago

I hate it when my puter does that...Happy

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    8 years ago

Trump has a problem that no shifting of campaign mangers can fix. He is the worst presidential candidate in our lifetimes and such a person is not going to be elected president.

Clinton people are going to taunt him on a daily basis once this thing gets going, and he will not be able to restrain himself.  He will say a shitload of stupid stuff.

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Jerry Verlinger  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

".....he will not be able to restrain himself."

Understatement.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

I agree. I new campaign manager is not going to change him. He can't help being a loudmouth racist and bigot and Manafort isn't going to stop him from being one.He has no infrastructure and no state people. He has 30 employees this late! Maybe he plans on creating magic? He plans on running his general election with no ad buys, just rallies and TV interviews to attract free news advertising. He's toast.

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Jerry Verlinger  replied to  Randy   8 years ago

He can't help being a loudmouth racist and bigot and Manafort isn't going to stop him from being one.He has no infrastructure and no state people. He has 30 employees this late! ............... He's toast.

He can't help being a loudmouth, bigoted racist because that's what he is.

You're right, he doesn't have enough feet on the ground across the nation to overcome the Democratic machine the Clintons have been building for the past year.

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Jerry Verlinger  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

"He is the worst presidential candidate in our lifetimes....."

Wrong! Richard M. Nixon was the worst, but we didn't know it until it was too late.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    8 years ago

I would venture to say it's a little too late to make effective changes.  They may be able to make up some ground but I have to agree 100% with John.  Donald is his own worst enemy.  He can't keep his mouth shut and any progress his campaign may make he'll most likely sabotage it. 

Like you Jerry, I'm hoping there are enough Republicans out there that understand the danger our Country would be in under a Donald Trump presidency.   I'm counting on them to have a loyalty to their Country more than their party.

And I truly believe he is mentally unstable and I say that without malice. 

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Jerry Verlinger  replied to  PJ   8 years ago

I would venture to say it's a little too late to make effective changes.  

I ventured to say that before he was off the escalator, which was going down at the time of his announcement, and he never stopped going in that direction.

He can't keep his mouth shut and any progress his campaign may make he'll most likely sabotage it. 

For most presidential candidates, keeping their mouth shut is a no,no. For The Donald it would be his greatest asset.

"..... I'm hoping there are enough Republicans out there that understand the danger our Country would be in under a Donald Trump presidency.   I'm counting on them to have a loyalty to their Country more than their party.

For many of them, swallowing the Blue pill is going to be very difficult. 

And I truly believe he is mentally unstable and I say that without malice.

You can't pile up 10 Billion in assets if you're mentally unstable. He's out of his element, but his roaring ego conceals the fact that he can't do this.

I harbor a theory that Trump launched his campaign as an ego trip, never expecting to actually win the nomination. Now that he's the GOP number one, he's factoring an effort to dump the whole idea . He really doesn't want the overwhelming responsibility of running the most powerful country in the world. But as I said, it's only a theory

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Jerry Verlinger   8 years ago

I think your theory has merit with respect to what is original motive was when he got into the race but I disagree that Donald Trump couldn't be unstable based on the fact that he was able to accumulate a fortune.  There have been a number of people throughout the centuries that have accomplished incredible things and yet were mentally unstable. 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany    8 years ago

Trump doesn't have an actual campaign to manage. He only has 30 staff people, no state network, no real fundraising component, and the campaign is basically broke. His campaign is more like a wrestling tour -- where all the wrestler has to do is run down the isle, jump into the ring, say a few stupid things, rile up the crowd, throw a chair at somebody, and then run back out again. 

Trump was successful in the primary because he was speaking largely to the same type of crowd that goes to wrestling matches. And believe me I've seen more than my fair share of them when my son dragged me to these events. One wrestler once commented on a news show that he didn't know what scared him most about the audience -- the fact that they could vote or that they could reproduce. I didn't have an answer to that question until now.

I wouldn't count Trump out yet. He had no need to change tactics until he was sure it wouldn't work in the general election. I assume he sees the light. He's way behind on fundraising so he either has to pay out of his pocket to catch up or go to the donors, hat in hand, to beg for money (something he told his supporters he would never do). He probably hates asking for money but he may not be liquid enough to fund his campaign without selling property. He didn't get rich by throwing money away so he's probably thinking long and hard about his next steps.

He is a terrible candidate but so is Hillary. If he gets serious, I bet he can catch up and give her a run for her money but he has to strike the right balance between wrestler (to keep his audience) and normal candidate (to attract other people). It won't make a difference to me because I can't stomach either candidate.