╌>

Trump's Star of David image first appeared on neo-Nazi message board

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  8 years ago  •  13 comments

Trump's Star of David image first appeared on neo-Nazi message board

Donald Trump supporters say  the firestorm over a tweet that featured the Star of David next to raining money and Hillary Clinton  was driven by the media’s political correctness.

But the image — which critics called anti-Semitic —  appears to have been taken from an online neo-Nazi message board .

According to Mic.com , the graphic tweeted by the presumptive Republican nominee on Saturday was previously featured on a message board for the alt-right, “a digital movement of neo-Nazis, anti-Semites, and white supremacists.”

The six-pointed star, a symbol of Judaism, was on a backdrop of $100 bills and paired with a Fox News poll in which a majority of respondents described Clinton as corrupt. Next to Clinton’s face was a red Star of David bearing the words “Most Corrupt Candidate Ever!”

(LINK)

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna    8 years ago

Just because Trump is ginning up hate against Jews by posting things from Neo-nazi message boards...that don't necessarily means he's Anti-Semitic!

/s

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna    8 years ago

Corey Lewandowski, Trump’s former campaign manager and now a CNN commentator, defended his former boss on Sunday.

“It’s the same star that sheriff’s departments across the country use all over the place to represent law enforcement,” Lewandowski said on CNN’s “State of the Union. “That’s the mainstream media trying to attack Donald Trump for something that really isn’t there.”

“This is political correctness run amok,” Lewandowski added.

See-- I toldya!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna   8 years ago

Corey is absolutely correct. That form of star indicates law enforcement, the Sheriff's star, which is relevant to the statement printed on it. As well, if it were meant to represent Jews or Israel, it would have been blue rather than red.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

The same person who created the "Clinton" "star of david" meme being discussed also created a meme showing a jewish person with a hooked nose, according to at least one report. What would you say then Buzz? He also created memes showing Clinton with dreadlocks and the name "Hillqeeusha" and a cartoon of black congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee with flaring nostrils and big lips.

The problem Trump has right now doesn't stem from the actual content of the meme, it stems from where he got it. It seems to have only appeared on a racist twitter page and an anti-semitic and racist website on 4chan. Where did Trump see it to retweet it? I hope someone is prepared to ask him that tomorrow morning.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

I call them the way I see them. I would consider the caricature of a Jewish person with a hooked nose to be anti-Semitic as what other interpretation could there be?  But in the case of the red star I give it the benefit of the doubt. Even the swastika does not HAVE to be identified with Nazis - it has a long history and is still being used decoratively by good people. Sometimes it is the eyes of the person who is seeing something that makes the worst interpretation.

By the way, in no way should my comments be interpreted as being supportive of Trump. I believe America is headed for disaster if he is elected.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

Buzz, it is pretty IMMATERIAL what the star shape in the meme represents. If he created it himself that might then be the main issue. But it is known that the meme originated on a racist twitter page and then appeared on an an anti-semitic and racist site. Donald Trump is NOT in the clear because some people think the star shape is not the star of david. It is very likely that the one who created it thinks it is. Trump has used material found on white supremacist twitter pages many times this year. Why?

It is time for the national media to take this up with him.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

Corey is absolutely correct. That form of star indicates law enforcement, the Sheriff's star, which is relevant to the statement printed on it. As well, if it were meant to represent Jews or Israel, it would have been blue rather than red.

What about the fact that it was taken from  neo-Nazi bulletin board site?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna   8 years ago

Well, okay, we might as well look to the worst possible pessimistic interpretation in order to be safe.

By the way, Krishna, I guess that also means that the pentangle on your avatar means you're a devil-worshiper.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

By the way, Krishna, I guess that also means that the pentangle on your avatar means you're a devil-worshiper.

No-- I am not a Trump supporter!

Actually, I used to be an avid Tarot reader. In the Tarot, their are 4 suits-- just as there are in playing cards. (In fact, I believe the 4 suits in the standard playing card deck are derived from the Tarot).

Here's more: Meanings of the Tarot Suits

[Don't worry-- you don't have to know this!]

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    8 years ago

I hope Trump isn't going to have these same "smart" people in key positions within his Administration as he has helping with his campaign messaging.  What complete idiots.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna  replied to  PJ   8 years ago

Actually, Trump He had actually fired Lewandowski fairly recently.

I/m not sure if its true or not-- but the have been reports that Trump didn't want to, but his children pressured him to fire L.

Apparently L. is a rather unsavory character...and not too bright. (Or at the very least lacks common sense).

Also, I believe that fairly recently L. was accused of manhandling a reporter (well, actually it was more like "woman-handling").

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     8 years ago

Gee, of course he didn't mean it to be racist....Sure he didn't./s

Bloody Bill
Freshman Silent
link   Bloody Bill    8 years ago

Trump...oy vey.