╌>

Ice Cube to perform “F*ck Tha Police” at the Democratic National Convention Tomorrow Night.

Category:  The Zoo

Via:  release-the-kraken  •  8 years ago  •  15 comments

Ice Cube to perform “F*ck Tha Police” at the Democratic National Convention Tomorrow Night.

Ice Cube to perform “Fuck Tha Police” at the Democratic National Convention Tomorrow Night.

A pivotal scene in last year’s  Straight Outta Compton  biopic showed  N.W.A.  performing “Fuck Tha Police” to a boisterous Detroit crowd in 1989, an act that was in direct defiance of local officers’ orders and eventually led to riots in and around the venue that evening.

The iconic hip-hop crew forged on with the hit song not out of spite, but as a statement: Racial tensions around the country at that time were brewing, especially in their hometown of Los Angeles, with police brutality all too common of a horror.

Nearly 30 years later, the US is still in a sad state of affairs when it comes to racism and officer-involved violence, and  Ice Cube  still won’t shy away from declaring “Fuck Tha Police”. The rapper said as much when  TMZ  asked whether he’s felt any pressure to take the song out of his live sets due to the recent Dallas shootings and ongoing strained relationship between communities and the police.

“Pressure me? Pressure me to do what? Nobody said nothing to me. I ain’t gonna change nothing I do, cause I ain’t doin’ nothing wrong,” he said bluntly and without hesitation, in much the same way he did some three decades ago. "Tomorrow I throwing at the DNC, they been asking for me to."

Ice Cube and the surviving members of N.W.A.  reunited to perform  “Fuck Tha Police” and their other hits for the first time in 27 years at Coachella earlier this year. Cube’s next scheduled live date is  HARD Summer Music Festival  in California later this month — we’ll see if brings out the N.W.A. hit.

Link

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober    8 years ago

Ice Cube ? There is nothing remotely cool about this performer ...

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    8 years ago

"Tomorrow I throwing at the DNC, they been asking for me to."

Brutha can talk hard all he wants.  But some decisions can make a mess out of one's street cred.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    8 years ago

CoPtuCbUkAA4QKk.jpg

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    8 years ago

It's a satire site.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Randy   8 years ago

I see that RTK is back to his old tricks again-- trying to pass of satire as a real article.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    8 years ago

I heard MDC was going to open up for Ice Cube.