╌>

Melania Trump Is Very Upset By People Who Bully Others On The Internet

Category:  Mental Health and Wellness

Via:  community  •  8 years ago  •  32 comments

Melania Trump returned from political exile on Thursday by making a rather eyebrow-raising claim: as first lady, she would combat bullying. That anti-bullying campaign, however, likely wouldn’t extend to her husband.

“Our culture has gotten too mean and too violent,” the wife of Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump told a crowd here in the suburbs of Philadelphia. “It is never OK when a 12-year-old girl or boy is mocked, bullied or attacked. It is terrible when that happens on the playground and it is unacceptable when it’s done by someone with no name hiding on the internet.”

Melania Trump has kept a low profile since it was revealed that parts of her 2016 Republican National Convention address were lifted from Michelle Obama’s address to the 2008 Democratic National Convention. Since that time, Trump, who was regularly by her husband’s side during the Republican primary, has been largely absent.

Her absence made the peculiar focus of her address all the more perplexing. Her husband has become infamous for his bullying  ― both online and in person ― of virtually anyone who appears to oppose him. In fact, the National Education Association recently began a campaign to raise awareness of a “Trump effect,” in which children feel emboldened by the candidate’s behavior to engage in bullying.

“We’ve seen this already,” Melania Trump said Thursday. “As adults, many of us are able to handle mean words, even lies.” (This very week, a social media campaign, #ImWithTur, has sprung up as a defense of NBC News reporter Katy Tur, whom the Republican nominee  singled out for mockery during a speech in Miami on Wednesday.)

Trump also bemoaned that children are often picked on for their “looks or intelligence” ― even though her husband frequently attacks people based on those characteristics. Indeed, in addition to his regular comments about others’ appearances, including broadcasting demeaning things about an opponent’s spouse , he once joked about a nearby child: “I’ll be dating her in 10 years . Can you believe it?”

~LINK~

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   seeder  Larry Hampton    8 years ago

You can make the case that Melanie Trump is nuts, or a collaborator; but, not both.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     8 years ago

Is this from ''The Onion''....LOLOLOL

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   seeder  Larry Hampton  replied to  Kavika   8 years ago

No kiddin'.

It is a joke, though not a funny one.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51  replied to  Kavika   8 years ago

Might as well be.  Huffington Post.  

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    8 years ago

The phrase "stranger than fiction" comes to mind.  You can't even make this shit up.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    8 years ago

It's horrible the way the Trumps have been bullied. I'm glad they've been taking the high road and coming out on top. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51  replied to  Dean Moriarty   8 years ago

Exactly.  Go to a college campus and it's the Trump supporters being bullied.  It's people going to Trump rallies that have been beaten up on their way out.  

CM
Freshman Silent
link   CM  replied to  XXJefferson51   8 years ago

More Lies from the cons...

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  Dean Moriarty   8 years ago

I think they have done pretty good, considering they had to fight The Clinton Crime Family and all their underworld members.  It would take someone with some spunk to stand up against them.  Sweet Romney sure didn't do it.  They would have run all over him, but I think they are a little afraid of Trump.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51    8 years ago

The wife of Donald Trump said Thursday in a rare appearance on the campaign trail that, "Our culture has gotten too mean and too rough, especially to children and teenagers." She spoke at a rally outside Philadelphia.

She said that it's "absolutely unacceptable" when children are mocked, bullied and attacked online anonymously.

Mrs. Trump's goals may seem at odds with her husband, who has a long history of using Twitter to insult people.

Mrs Trump said: "We have to find a better way to talk to each other, to disagree with each other, to respect each other." 

Trump is celebrating her immigrant story as she delivers a rare speech on the campaign trail in Pennsylvania.

Mrs. Trump says that, growing up in her native Slovenia, "America was the word for freedom and opportunity."

Speaking Thursday outside Philadelphia, Mrs. Trump described her decision to move to the United States and eventually earn citizenship "as the greatest privilege in the world."

Reverse your ED without dangerous pharmaceuticals.

Mrs. Trump was introduced by her husband's running mate's wife, Karen Pence, who praised Mrs. Trump as "amazing" and "strong"

She said: "I know that America will fall in love with her, just as much as she loves the American people."

http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/756913/75

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   seeder  Larry Hampton  replied to  XXJefferson51   8 years ago

"I know that America will fall in love with her, just as much as she loves the American people."

A millionaire playboy's Yugoslavian mail-order trophy wife!?

Not THIS American.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51  replied to  Larry Hampton   8 years ago

Slovenia is no longer part of "Yugoslavia".  She experienced communism in her early years.  She got out of there and found her way here.  She had a career of her own before she met him.  Let's not denigrate her or who she is because we don't like him or wish the GOP had nominated anyone else.  

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   seeder  Larry Hampton  replied to  XXJefferson51   8 years ago

I denigrate her for the sheer hypocrisy of supporting the biggest bully to run for the office in my life time. The fact that she married such a bully, is enough to call it what it is: she lives with it because she likes it.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  XXJefferson51   8 years ago

You're making them nervous Jefferson.  Next thing they'll be crying.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson  replied to  XXJefferson51   8 years ago

Speaking Thursday outside Philadelphia, Mrs. Trump described her decision to move to the United States and eventually earn citizenship "as the greatest privilege in the world."

Then why does "The Donald" want so bad to "make America great again" ?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    8 years ago

Double irony - empathy in broken English, from the wife of the most xenophobic bully candidate in modern history.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   8 years ago

Only one way to explain this - her husband is not a "people" 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

You have to be tough when you're dealing with such people as the Clintons.  Otherwise they will run all over you.  When you're having to fight an army alone its not easy. 

If you don't like Trump, you can blame it on yourself. 

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    8 years ago

While I have nothing against her: she's a pretty lady, and she has my sympathy for being married to that guy, I also wish to say, she surely doesn't come here to NT that much, does she?  

Maybe some of our residents here would listen to her and stop being so nasty to everyone...  Hey, if it works, it's a good thing!

Hugs to Melania, who is trying, and it's a futile battle, dear.  Thump your husband for me, ok?  Big hugs

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  Dowser   8 years ago

Haven't you ever known a man who is a bad ass to everyone, but a wimp when dealing with his own wife?  I know that is kind of hard to imagine with Trump!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  sixpick   8 years ago

Trump is a fucking idiot who has no more business being president of the United States than you or I do. Fortunately, according to some very detailed election analysis I saw today, he doesn't have much of a chance of actually winning. 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Dowser   8 years ago

Thump your husband for me, ok?

...with a 30-pound stack of divorce petition paperwork . Think of all the crap she has recently learned about her husband, the grabber of all things p---y.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   8 years ago

I think she has likely been so emotionally abused, she doesn't "see" a lot of it...  She seems to be a nice person, at least to me.  I hope she slaps him with divorce papers, too!!!

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    8 years ago

By the way..... Very nice photo Larry of you and your wife.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   seeder  Larry Hampton  replied to  sixpick   8 years ago

Thanks Six!

:~)

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson    8 years ago

Just want to say that's a great image/avatar of you and your bride. 

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   seeder  Larry Hampton  replied to  pat wilson   8 years ago

Thank you Pat, much appreciated.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Larry Hampton   8 years ago

I love your avatar, too!

It's nice to be reminded that we're all just people, with families that we love, as we live in the NT neighborhood!