╌>

Why don’t you all take a break from the animosity and enjoy a 3-part day trip with me? by Buzz of the Orient

Category:  Photography & Art

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  8 years ago  •  15 comments

Why don’t you all take a break from the animosity and enjoy a 3-part day trip with me? by Buzz of the Orient

Why don’t you all take a break from the animosity and enjoy a 3-part day trip with me?

Nov 75.jpg

It’s in 3 parts, on the Creative Arts group. You don’t need to be a member to enjoy the photos. But if you’re not and want to comment, it’s no problem to join the more than 100 members already there.

http://thenewstalkers.com/a-macarthur/group_discuss/3627/another-day-trip-to-share-with-you

http://thenewstalkers.com/a-macarthur/group_discuss/3628/another-day-trip-to-share-with-you-part-2

http://thenewstalkers.com/a-macarthur/group_discuss/3630/another-day-trip-to-share-with-you-part-3

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient    8 years ago

Take a break. You could use the respite no matter which side of the fence you're on.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient    8 years ago

Trump Clinton Trump Clinton Trump Clinton Trump Clinton Trump Clinton Trump Clinton Trump Clinton Trump Clinton Trump Clinton Trump Clinton Trump Clinton Trump Clinton Trump Clinton Trump Clinton Trump Clinton Trump Clinton Trump Clinton Trump Clinton Trump Clinton Trump Clinton Trump Clinton Trump Clinton Trump Clinton Trump Clinton

As Yogi Berra said "It's never over..."

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

I looked at all three of your photo pages Buzz, they were very nice. The scenes with the people and the shops and the signs and statues were more interesting than the trees and bushes and flowers though. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

I appreciate your joining me on the trip, John, and your preferences are not unusual.

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent
link   Jerry Verlinger  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

As Yogi Berra said "It's never over..."

He also said, "When you get to the fork, take it", which is about where the Republicans have us now.

OK, enough of that, let's get on with the tour, the debate will still be on when we get back and maybe we will have a more clear head to deal with it at that time. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Jerry Verlinger   8 years ago

Ha ha Jerry. Yogi wasn't talking about a kitchen utensil. He said "When you get to a fork IN THE ROAD, take it."

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

Top t6en Yogi Berraisms.

1. When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

2. You can observe a lot by just watching.

3. It ain’t over till it’s over.

4. It’s like déjà vu all over again.

5. No one goes there nowadays, it’s too crowded.

6. Baseball is 90% mental and the other half is physical.

7. A nickel ain’t worth a dime anymore.

8. Always go to other people’s funerals, otherwise they won’t come to yours.

9. We made too many wrong mistakes.

10. Congratulations. I knew the record would stand until it was broken.

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent
link   Jerry Verlinger  replied to  A. Macarthur   8 years ago

We could go on all day about these comments because it ain't over till it's over, anyway it would never end because If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be. 

As far as the comments, Yogi says, "I never said most of the things I said". 

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent
link   Jerry Verlinger  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

Ha ha Jerry. Yogi wasn't talking about a kitchen utensil.

I was aware what he was talking about.

The whole story is, when Yogi was telling people how to get to his house, he would deliberately say "when you get to the fork, take it" making people think it was a "Yogiism", but no matter which way you went at the fork it led to his house.  

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    8 years ago

Buzz has mastered the Photo Essay, and better yet, creates such essays with images none of us on NT would ever likely get to see in person …

So, thank you, Buzz, and thank you, Buzz!

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    8 years ago

Matthew left some comments on your photos, Buzz.  I hope you don't mind!  I thought his insights into what the pictures were about were fascinating!

I guess all those books I've bought him about China, helped a little!

Thanks for them-- I took Matthew to the visitation for this friend that committed suicide earlier this week, and these pictures pulled him out of sadness for a bit-- THANK YOU.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dowser   8 years ago

Marsha, I will be really happy to carry on a continuing conversation with Matthew about China. He should go back into the archives for all my photo essays on the Creative Arts and Discovery groups and I will be happy to discuss them with him. You have my email address and he can use it any time as well.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

He's a good kid, Buzz.  I will pass this on to him-- He is still pretty upset about his friend, but this may give him something to look forward to!  Thanks, very much!

I don't want to subject him to the front page, but I may encourage him to join the site, just so he can talk to you and A. Mac, Kavika, etc.  He could learn a lot from all of you!  What I don't want him to learn is how to be snarky all the time...  And you know how some of these people are.  He would be subjected to derision just for being young, (he's 18).  I can't protect him forever, but I'm not sure that it is a good idea for him to be around all the ugliness.  It can be soul squelching.  Yet, I trust him to maintain his niceness in the face of adversity.  He's a strong person, mature for his age, (in a lot of ways, not so much in others), and has a good heart.  I don't think anyone here could change his heart, but they could surely break it.  What do you think?

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    8 years ago

I looked at all three and found them beautiful and educational as well.  China is wondrous country and you've provided a wonderful view few of us will ever have the opportunity to experience any other way.  Thank you very much Buzz and you Dowser for having Matthew add to our day trip.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  sixpick   8 years ago

Thanks, six!  He was so excited about it!