╌>

Questions For Christians - N° 2

Category:  Religion & Ethics

Via:  bob-nelson  •  7 years ago  •  3 comments

Questions For Christians - N° 2

829574139_590408414a_z

2. What changed between Bill Clinton and now? Don’t you think you owe him an apology?

Seriously, what changed? Because you know, I remember those days and we were calling for Clinton to be impeached and thrown out of office. Remember why?

Because “character counts” that’s why.

If a few years ago we claimed that poor personal character disqualified one from holding the office of presidency, and even went through the efforts to impeach a sitting president because his personal character, how the (oops, almost had some unwholesome language myself. Good catch, Ben) are you supporting Trump?

Did you legitimately change your mind, or are you just being hypocritical since the guy with poor moral character happens to be  your guy  this time? Because as far as I can tell, changing your mind about the value of character, and being a total hypocrite, are the  only two options available to you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continued from yesterday  ,  original article  by  Benjamin Corey

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   seeder  Bob Nelson    7 years ago

I'm not sure that "personal morality" is a very useful criterion in selecting a President... but each of us must define our criteria as best we can. Whatever criteria we may choose, intellectual honesty requires us to apply the same criteria to everyone.

Bill was a philanderer and relatively discrete about it. Donald was a predator and boasted about it. It's hard to see how Donald isn't worse than Bill.

But even if we put the two men at roughly the same level of sexual misbehavior, doesn't that imply that no one who condemned Bill back in the day can now support Donald? 

So... as Dr Corey says... don't all Trump supporters owe Clinton an apology? 

Or... if Trump supporters do not wish to apologize to Bill Clinton... are they not required to wear a "hypocrite" label?

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    7 years ago

"Remember why?" I have a have a feeling Benjamin forgot. The charges were perjury and obstruction of justice. If Trump commits either of those two I'm sure there will also be calls for impeachment. 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

Clinton supporters create a false comparison by equating philandering to perjury and obstruction of justice. Then they ignore Hillary's own rotten character, with her incessant lying and 40 year history of scandals, to demand an apology from Trump's supporters for being hypocrites. Wow! The last people who can call someone a hypocrite over personal character would be Hillary's supporters. Are these people actually crazy?