The Moderate and Balance Group is now an open group!

community
By:  @community, 3 months ago
Comments: 78 ..

Tags

balanced rocks 2.jpgThe Moderate and Balanced Group is now open to membership from the general membership!  Please join me in a group that depends on Civil Discussion of issues and interesting news!

Prior to your application, please review the group's rules--

The Moderates and Balanced Group is a place where we can discuss issues without insulting each other.  If you can’t do that, do not join the group!  A brief rundown of the rules:     

As a member of this group you are expected to discuss the issues with civility and respect.    

If you are banned from the group, do not try to rejoin. If you wish to appeal the banning you must contact me personally and agree to abide by the rules by contract.  If you are subsequently banned again, there is no appeal. 

Pay attention to moderation directives.  Moderators can give directives in a thread (e.g., stop posting off-topic, stop bad behavior, etc.).  Everyone is expected to abide by such directives.  Directives may be general ("stop being so hostile") to specific ("no more talk about chili”), and are intended to keep a thread from completely derailing.  If you feel that your article is being derailed, please contact me and I will delete as necessary, or issue a moderation directive.

No trolling. Don't make posts that are inflammatory.  Attacking other members of our group is not acceptable. Substance with a dash of personal attacks is considered skirting the rules of the group and will be treated as a violation. Emojis used alone as a comment, will not be tolerated.  If you disagree, you must state why.

Ad hominem and personal attacks are not permitted. Again: criticize the ideas, not the people.  An ad hominem attack is a logical fallacy describing the attempt to discredit an argument by merely attacking the credibility of the arguer.  Excessive flaming will not be tolerated.  Users who verbally assault the character or person of other posters on a regular basis will be banned.  Moderator's judgment applies here.  "You are wrong" is not a personal attack; "You wrong because you are an idiot" is.  Persistent name-calling is a violation.

No Armchair Moderating. If you’re not an assigned moderator, do not add your moderation. All concerns about moderation should be sent to the group owner.

In all ways, we will abide by the Code of Conduct, as a minimum standard of behavior.

To file a complaint, ask a question, etc., please contact the group owner, Dowser.  You can contact me via Private Message or Chat.

Do not publish articles whose titles are designed to be hurtful to others.  There will be no acceptance of articles that denigrate other groups of people, including religion, party affiliation, race, etc.  Articles that are newsworthy about a group i.e. “Muslim men are raping German Women" is acceptable as news story.  An article entitled, “All Muslims Rape”, is a hate piece and will be removed.  Please make sure your articles are factual, and do not publish “click bait” articles, unless they are of innocuous subjects, like cute dogs and cats, (as an example).

The use of foul language is prohibited and will be deleted.

Other rules may be added as needed, as will be other moderators, etc.  Until then, I expect all of us to behave as adults!  Comments will not be archived, and therefore, cannot be restored. We will discuss rule changes as necessary. 

The Moderate and Balanced Group is like a neighborhood-- we all have to 'get along' to make any progress.

Thank you,

Dowser

I hope to see you there!

Flagging unavailable
Dowser
link 01/11/17 12:36:18PM @dowser:

We are a group of many diverse personalities and experiences!  Come share and learn with us!

Flagging unavailable

Buzz of the Orient
link 01/11/17 08:21:37PM @buzz-of-the-orient:

Isn't this a bit contradictory?

"There will be no acceptance of articles that denigrate other groups of people, including religion, party affiliation, race, etc.  Articles that are newsworthy about a group i.e. “Muslim men are raping German Women" is acceptable as news story."

Wouldn't such a story denigrate persons of a certain religion, in the case of your example, Muslims? (Even if it did not include all Muslims, it indicates that it is Muslims, persons of a specific religion, that tend to be rapists.) That kind of topic would be difficult to judge, would it not?

Flagging unavailable

Dowser
link 01/12/17 11:43:42AM @dowser:

Well, no.  It is a news article, as opposed to "All Muslims Rape".  See what I mean?  If I said, "Democratic National Chairperson Stinks" that's a news story, but if I say, "Democrats Stink", it isn't.  IF the article said, "Buzz Stinks"  that's denigrating to you and I'm not having it.

I guess you will all have to trust my judgement and know that I'll do the best I can by all of you!  If in doubt, I'll ask Perrie, until we have a couple more moderators on line...  Big hugs

Flagging unavailable

Perrie Halpern R.A.
link 01/11/17 12:49:01PM @perrie-halpern:

I'm very excited about this. I will get you a feed as soon as I can

Flagging unavailable

Dowser
link 01/11/17 12:50:20PM @dowser:

I know you will!!!  Thank you!

Flagging unavailable

Spikegary
link 01/11/17 01:05:01PM @spikegary:

But why can't I talk about chili?

Flagging unavailable

Gunny
link 01/11/17 01:09:39PM @gunny:

My wife makes the best chili I have ever had. and I have had chili from around the world.

Flagging unavailable

Perrie Halpern R.A.
link 01/11/17 01:14:17PM @perrie-halpern:

I'd love the recipe! 

Flagging unavailable

Gunny
link 01/11/17 01:24:37PM @gunny:

2 cans ranch style beans

1 15oz can tomato sauce

1lb ground beef lean

1/4 cup of williams chili seasoning more if you like it spicier

brown meat drain combine everything else simmer for about 30 minutes add cheese and sour cream if you want too

Flagging unavailable

Spikegary
link 01/11/17 01:41:47PM @spikegary:

Have you thought about trying other meats? A friend used to make it with chopped up flank steak and, believe it or not, pepperoni. Served over cornbread and sometimes some Nacho cheese with Rotel mixed in.

Yeah, I know, we're all lucky to be alive now.

Flagging unavailable

Perrie Halpern R.A.
link 01/11/17 01:51:46PM @perrie-halpern:

Thanks Gene! 

Gary, although my stomach can take hot, something about pepperoni gives me indigestion. Don't know why. 

Flagging unavailable

Spikegary
link 01/11/17 01:59:18PM @spikegary:
Most likely the fatty spicy grease that comes with it. Maybe in chili it would mix down enough with other ingredients to not be a problem?
Flagging unavailable

Dowser
link 01/11/17 02:58:28PM @dowser:

Maybe because it is goat?

KY is the leading producer of goat meat and pepperoni of the 50 states...

Flagging unavailable

Gunny
link 01/11/17 02:15:22PM @gunny:

Yup we made it with steak and other meats and you can add your own ingredients.  That was just the basics.  we add cheese and Fritos (dippers). 

Flagging unavailable

Dowser
link 01/11/17 02:55:21PM @dowser:

I have a friend that makes her wonderful chili with roast she has ground up at the butcher's station in the grocery.  It's delicious, but I think of chili as being a 'cheap' meal...  I use ground beef, and drain the fat.  Red kidney beans, Chili beans, and some other red bean...  Can't think what, I need to stand in the grocery aisle to find it.

A lot of people here put spaghetti in their chili, but I sometimes use macaroni, and always use a packet of MILD chili seasoning.  I can't take the hot stuff, at all!

Not sure that this is any recommendation, but the band likes my chili!  winking

Flagging unavailable

JohnRussell
link 01/11/17 03:02:08PM @johnrussell:

I was a judge at a chili contest. Good chilis taste a lot more alike than they do different. 

Flagging unavailable

Dowser
link 01/12/17 11:46:00AM @dowser:

Some people here put cinnamon in their chili...  Personally, I'm not fond of it...

Flagging unavailable

Gunny
link 01/11/17 04:37:46PM @gunny:

I like a good chilimac.  But being alergic to onions I have to be careful of the chili I eat. Most any meat can be used in our chili including shrimp. I love tomatoes but can't stand cooked tomatoes. weird I guess. So she uses tomato sauce.

Flagging unavailable

Dowser
link 01/11/17 05:08:56PM @dowser:

I can't cook for you then, because I put onions in just about everything!  crying

Flagging unavailable

Gunny
link 01/11/17 06:46:04PM @gunny:

Yeah I know I'm sorta strange and very picky of what I can and cannot eat.  both gout and diabties and a heart condition keeps the good stuff away.

Flagging unavailable

Dowser
link 01/12/17 11:46:54AM @dowser:

You're not strange and picky!  I learned to cook with onions, and can't leave them out-- something is always missing, if I do!

Flagging unavailable

Gunny
link 01/12/17 11:55:10AM @gunny:

I think my problem with onions is that my dad was the cook in our house, and believe it or not he would put onions in his ice cream I sh*t you not.  He would eat hot peppers right from the jar. or go out and pick them off the bush and eat them.  He loved anything hot and spicey.  I like spice but not nears as much as he.  But onions cut off my breathing.

Flagging unavailable

Dowser
link 01/12/17 11:56:47AM @dowser:

If we ever meet camping some day, I'll make a pot of chili without onions, for you!  You can't have anything cut off your breathing!  

Flagging unavailable

Spikegary
link 01/13/17 06:47:17AM @spikegary:

A friend of mine, who has grown up to become a very successful industry lobbyist (Windows and doors industry) used to work on an onion farm in central New York when he was growing up.  To this day, he will not eat anything made with onions.  I guess the smell reminds him of all he could smell all day long every day.

Flagging unavailable

Dowser
link 01/13/17 12:48:09PM @dowser:

Too much of a good thing?  I do love the smell of onions, but don't think I'd want to smell them all day, every day...

Flagging unavailable

Jonathan P
link 01/11/17 01:17:50PM @jonathan-p:

Can you really make a balanced chili? I don't really believe that's the idea, if ya know what I mean...

Flagging unavailable

Perrie Halpern R.A.
link 01/11/17 01:23:14PM @perrie-halpern:

This is true Jon... I mean some like it hot..... really hot!

Flagging unavailable

Jonathan P
link 01/11/17 01:29:59PM @jonathan-p:

And you can't just make it "regular" and then put a bottle of hot sauce on the table.

Flagging unavailable

Perrie Halpern R.A.
link 01/11/17 01:36:36PM @perrie-halpern:

Well ya can, but then you would have to resist the urge to want to bring on the heat.... Kind of like going out on a date, and she yanks up the skirt just a little higher, but you are in public. 

Flagging unavailable

Jonathan P
link 01/11/17 01:37:45PM @jonathan-p:

What are you trying to say, Perrie?

Flagging unavailable

Perrie Halpern R.A.
link 01/11/17 01:38:44PM @perrie-halpern:

YOU KNOW what I am trying to say.......

Flagging unavailable

Jonathan P
link 01/11/17 01:41:52PM @jonathan-p:

Why so tense, Perrie?

waving

Flagging unavailable

Perrie Halpern R.A.
link 01/11/17 01:54:34PM @perrie-halpern:

Whenever I get these thoughts..... I get tense winking

Flagging unavailable

Nowhere Man
link 01/13/17 01:41:03AM @nowhere-man:

Well ya can, but then you would have to resist the urge to want to bring on the heat.... Kind of like going out on a date, and she yanks up the skirt just a little higher, but you are in public.

Yeppers, you know you WANT it, but just can't have it......

That would make anyone a bit tense..... patience

Flagging unavailable

Perrie Halpern R.A.
link 01/13/17 02:38:42AM @perrie-halpern:

blushing

Flagging unavailable

Buzz of the Orient
link 01/11/17 08:16:24PM @buzz-of-the-orient:

"This is true Jon... I mean some like it hot..... really hot!"

YeaH, but if you want to put the recipe for it on this group site it would be an offence. Everything here has to be MODERATE and balanced.

This topic reminded me that I haven't eaten chili for over a decade, and I used to love it. I'll have to try to prepare it myself.

Flagging unavailable

Dowser
link 01/12/17 11:47:58AM @dowser:

Oh, come on, Buzz-- you can make hot chili here...

Flagging unavailable

Spikegary
link 01/13/17 06:48:50AM @spikegary:

But, Dowser reserves the right to not allow you to talk about it anymore (See what I did, Dowser, I brought the discussion full circle......LOL)

Flagging unavailable

Dean Moriarty
link 01/11/17 01:34:07PM @dean-moriarty:

1hh5ec.jpg

Flagging unavailable

Perrie Halpern R.A.
link 01/11/17 01:37:42PM @perrie-halpern:

LMAO Dean. 

Well you'll have to wait and see if that is true or not. The group will be open. 

Flagging unavailable

ambivalent
link 01/11/17 06:52:00PM @ambivalent:

This guy really existed in Manhattan.

Flagging unavailable

Buzz of the Orient
link 01/11/17 08:27:36PM @buzz-of-the-orient:

Was he known as the Chili Nazi?

Flagging unavailable

Dowser
link 01/12/17 12:02:25PM @dowser:

He was The Soup Nazi, from what I remember...

Flagging unavailable

ambivalent
Flagging unavailable

Dowser
link 01/12/17 01:01:44PM @dowser:

He was so funny on the show!

Flagging unavailable

Kavika
link 01/11/17 02:01:19PM @kavika:

Eating chili and listening to the ''Red Hot Chili Peppers'' is a must.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+red+hot+chili+peppers&&view=detail&mid=A4CFB5AE5FA117815BF6A4CFB5AE5FA117815BF6&FORM=VRDGAR

I still can't embed videos, frustrating.

Flagging unavailable

Perrie Halpern R.A.
link 01/11/17 02:18:22PM @perrie-halpern:

That is the wrong code to use with the youtube embed. 

You have to use the URL of the youtube video and put it into the youtube embed. 

Flagging unavailable

Kavika
link 01/11/17 02:24:30PM @kavika:

It doesn't work that way either....

Flagging unavailable

Dowser
link 01/11/17 03:04:02PM @dowser:

MOST frustrating!

I've used something like this, and it has always worked...  BUT, I just tried to upload it for you and it said it was unable to extract the video from the URL.  Maybe it's a "special" song...  You know, one they want to charge for...

Flagging unavailable

Kavika
link 01/11/17 04:16:54PM @kavika:

It gives me that message on all the video's that I try to embed Dowser.

Flagging unavailable

Dowser
link 01/11/17 04:28:59PM @dowser:

For me, some just won't work...  I'm so sorry I'm not more help!  

MUCH love to you!

Flagging unavailable

ambivalent
link 01/11/17 05:27:55PM @ambivalent:

Is this it?

Flagging unavailable

Kavika
link 01/11/17 05:34:36PM @kavika:

That's it ambiv. Thanks.

Flagging unavailable

ambivalent
link 01/11/17 06:12:04PM @ambivalent:

I went from that first video (through Bing) to utube by clicking on the the utube thingie on the bottom right of the video.Then, when the video came up again I right clicked on the video screen and hit the first url in a long list that came up. then I took it to NT to here, hit the embed local media and went to 'utube'. When that came up I right clicked in the blank space and then hit on the embed video on the right. Voila!

Flagging unavailable

Kavika
link 01/11/17 06:41:00PM @kavika:

Flagging unavailable

Kavika
link 01/11/17 06:41:37PM @kavika:

Flagging unavailable

Kavika
link 01/11/17 06:42:56PM @kavika:

LOL it didn't work the first time, than worked twice the second time I tried ambiv.

Flagging unavailable

Dowser
link 01/12/17 12:10:21PM @dowser:

YAY!!  Funny!  Glad ambi figured it out!!!

Flagging unavailable

Buzz of the Orient
link 01/11/17 08:31:34PM @buzz-of-the-orient:

Although I can't open YouTube anyway, I tried the link that Kavika first posted, and it opened the site, but with this message:

"Sorry, this video is no longer available."

Flagging unavailable

sixpick
link 01/12/17 12:08:26AM @sixpick:

See if either one of these work and tell if they do which one works the best.  If they do work, then the first one should be the best quality of the two.

On second though I'm only putting the lower quality video up, since it has been well over an hour and the higher quality video has yet to finish processing onto the site.  Maybe I'll put it up tomorrow or later if it finishes.  I doubt you'll be able to see if without it breaking up (stopping and starting), but we'll see.

If you can see it at all, please let me know.  I figure it is better to see a low quality video than to not see anything.

Flagging unavailable

Buzz of the Orient
link 01/12/17 12:29:25AM @buzz-of-the-orient:

Hey six, it just comes through extremely intermittently - jerk jerk jerk....

Flagging unavailable

ambivalent
link 01/12/17 12:50:05PM @ambivalent:

You have to get out of Bing by clicking on the utube icon on the lower right of the video. Then you can proceed.

Flagging unavailable

Buzz of the Orient
link 01/12/17 06:37:34PM @buzz-of-the-orient:

No such icon on the video screen that I can see.

Flagging unavailable

Dowser
link 01/12/17 11:05:54PM @dowser:

Wish I could help!  Sorry, Buzz...

Flagging unavailable

Dowser
link 01/12/17 11:49:49AM @dowser:

You have the magic touch, ambi!

Flagging unavailable

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom1
link 01/11/17 07:18:31PM @sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom2:

I just sang, and laughed my butt off, for 15 minutes and 34 seconds.  That was the best Carpool Karaoke ever.

Flagging unavailable

Kavika
link 01/11/17 07:24:51PM @kavika:

Sister, now imagine it after they had a couple of bowls of red hot chili.

Flagging unavailable

Dowser
link 01/12/17 12:59:25PM @dowser:

Flames coming out of their mouths?

Flagging unavailable

ambivalent
link 01/11/17 02:24:57PM @ambivalent:

I make my chili with equal parts diced tomato, browned ground chuck, kidney beans. I add lots of sautéed onions and crushed garlic, chili pepper and cumin 2 to 1, salt to taste. Simmer for 2-3 hours. Top it with cheddar cheese. OMG

Flagging unavailable

Dowser
link 01/11/17 03:01:31PM @dowser:

I'll have to try the cumin, ambi!  It sounds great!

Flagging unavailable

ambivalent
link 01/11/17 06:49:09PM @ambivalent:

For many people chili without cumin is not complete. It is that perfume of hot cumin that wafts when you spoon it up, almost lemony but not quite. Delish! I cooked this for many years for the sisters and their guests at Linwood Retreat Center. Add a gorgeous salad and some crusty bread, maybe some sour cream and avocado to top the bowl off, so good. I serve it with Spanish Rioja, or Sangria, or beer.

Flagging unavailable

PJ
link 01/11/17 08:05:21PM @pj:

I add red pepper flakes when sauteing the ground beef.  I also add sweet corn in mine.  Hot with a bit of sweet and a side of cornbread.  yum yum

Flagging unavailable

Dowser
link 01/12/17 11:52:55AM @dowser:

I love corn in chili!!!  So good!

Flagging unavailable

Share This