╌>

The Moderate and Balance Group is now an open group!

Category:  meta

Via:  community  •  7 years ago  •  78 comments

The Moderate and Balance Group is now an open group!

balanced rocks 2.jpg The Moderate and Balanced Group is now open to membership from the general membership!  Please join me in a group that depends on Civil Discussion of issues and interesting news!

Prior to your application, please review the group's rules--

The Moderates and Balanced Group is a place where we can discuss issues without insulting each other.  If you can’t do that, do not join the group!  A brief rundown of the rules:     

As a member of this group you are expected to discuss the issues with civility and respect.     

If you are banned from the group, do not try to rejoin.  If you wish to appeal the banning you must contact me personally and agree to abide by the rules by contract.  If you are subsequently banned again, there is no appeal. 

Pay attention to moderation directives.   Moderators can give directives in a thread (e.g., stop posting off-topic, stop bad behavior, etc.).  Everyone is expected to abide by such directives.  Directives may be general ("stop being so hostile") to specific ("no more talk about chili”), and are intended to keep a thread from completely derailing.  If you feel that your article is being derailed, please contact me and I will delete as necessary, or issue a moderation directive.

No trolling . Don't make posts that are inflammatory.  Attacking other members of our group is not acceptable. Substance with a dash of personal attacks  is considered skirting the rules of the group and will be treated as a violation.  Emojis used alone as a comment, will not be tolerated.  If you disagree, you must state why.

Ad hominem and personal attacks are not permitted . Again: criticize the ideas, not the people.  An ad hominem attack is a logical fallacy describing the attempt to discredit an argument by merely attacking the credibility of the arguer.  Excessive flaming will not be tolerated.  Users who verbally assault the character or person of other posters on a regular basis will be banned.  Moderator's judgment applies here.  "You are wrong" is not a personal attack; "You wrong because you are an idiot" is.  Persistent name-calling is a violation.

No Armchair Moderating . If you’re not an assigned moderator, do not add your moderation. All concerns about moderation should be sent to the group owner.

In all ways, we will abide by the Code of Conduct, as a minimum standard of behavior.

To file a complaint, ask a question, etc., please contact the group owner , Dowser.  You can contact me via Private Message or Chat.

Do not publish articles whose titles are designed to be hurtful to others .  There will be no acceptance of articles that denigrate other groups of people, including religion, party affiliation, race, etc.  Articles that are newsworthy about a group i.e. “Muslim men are raping German Women" is acceptable as news story.  An article entitled, “All Muslims Rape”, is a hate piece and will be removed.  Please make sure your articles are factual, and do not publish “click bait” articles, unless they are of innocuous subjects, like cute dogs and cats, (as an example).

The use of foul language is prohibited and will be deleted.

Other rules may be added as needed, as will be other moderators, etc.  Until then, I expect all of us to behave as adults!  Comments will not be archived, and therefore, cannot be restored. We will discuss rule changes as necessary. 

The Moderate and Balanced Group is like a neighborhood-- we all have to 'get along' to make any progress.

Thank you,

Dowser

I hope to see you there!

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   seeder  Dowser    7 years ago

We are a group of many diverse personalities and experiences!  Come share and learn with us!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

Isn't this a bit contradictory?

"There will be no acceptance of articles that denigrate other groups of people, including religion, party affiliation, race, etc.  Articles that are newsworthy about a group i.e. “Muslim men are raping German Women" is acceptable as news story."

Wouldn't such a story denigrate persons of a certain religion, in the case of your example, Muslims? (Even if it did not include all Muslims, it indicates that it is Muslims, persons of a specific religion, that tend to be rapists.) That kind of topic would be difficult to judge, would it not?

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   seeder  Dowser  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Well, no.  It is a news article, as opposed to "All Muslims Rape".  See what I mean?  If I said, "Democratic National Chairperson Stinks" that's a news story, but if I say, "Democrats Stink", it isn't.  IF the article said, "Buzz Stinks"  that's denigrating to you and I'm not having it.

I guess you will all have to trust my judgement and know that I'll do the best I can by all of you!  If in doubt, I'll ask Perrie, until we have a couple more moderators on line...  Big hugs

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    7 years ago

I'm very excited about this. I will get you a feed as soon as I can

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   seeder  Dowser  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

I know you will!!!  Thank you!

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary    7 years ago

But why can't I talk about chili?

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   Jonathan P  replied to  Spikegary   7 years ago

Can you really make a balanced chili? I don't really believe that's the idea, if ya know what I mean...

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jonathan P   7 years ago

This is true Jon... I mean some like it hot..... really hot!

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   Jonathan P  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

And you can't just make it "regular" and then put a bottle of hot sauce on the table.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Well ya can, but then you would have to resist the urge to want to bring on the heat.... Kind of like going out on a date, and she yanks up the skirt just a little higher, but you are in public. 

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent

What are you trying to say, Perrie?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

YOU KNOW what I am trying to say.......

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent

Why so tense, Perrie?

waving

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Whenever I get these thoughts..... I get tense winking

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

Well ya can, but then you would have to resist the urge to want to bring on the heat.... Kind of like going out on a date, and she yanks up the skirt just a little higher, but you are in public.

Yeppers, you know you WANT it, but just can't have it......

That would make anyone a bit tense..... patience

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

blushing

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

"This is true Jon... I mean some like it hot..... really hot!"

YeaH, but if you want to put the recipe for it on this group site it would be an offence. Everything here has to be MODERATE and balanced.

This topic reminded me that I haven't eaten chili for over a decade, and I used to love it. I'll have to try to prepare it myself.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   seeder  Dowser  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Oh, come on, Buzz-- you can make hot chili here...

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

But, Dowser reserves the right to not allow you to talk about it anymore (See what I did, Dowser, I brought the discussion full circle......LOL)

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    7 years ago

1hh5ec.jpg

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

LMAO Dean. 

Well you'll have to wait and see if that is true or not. The group will be open. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

Eating chili and listening to the ''Red Hot Chili Peppers'' is a must.

I still can't embed videos, frustrating.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

That is the wrong code to use with the youtube embed. 

You have to use the URL of the youtube video and put it into the youtube embed. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

It doesn't work that way either....

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   seeder  Dowser  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

MOST frustrating!

I've used something like this, and it has always worked...  BUT, I just tried to upload it for you and it said it was unable to extract the video from the URL.  Maybe it's a "special" song...  You know, one they want to charge for...

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

It gives me that message on all the video's that I try to embed Dowser.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   seeder  Dowser  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

For me, some just won't work...  I'm so sorry I'm not more help!  

MUCH love to you!

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    7 years ago

I add red pepper flakes when sauteing the ground beef.  I also add sweet corn in mine.  Hot with a bit of sweet and a side of cornbread.  yum yum

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   seeder  Dowser    7 years ago

I love corn in chili!!!  So good!