╌>

Trump on Lincoln Memorial inaugural concert "I don't know if it's ever been done before" ---- America, How Does It Feel To Have A Pathological Liar About To Take Office?

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  7 years ago  •  89 comments

Trump on Lincoln Memorial inaugural concert "I don't know if it's ever been done before" ----  America, How Does It Feel To Have A Pathological Liar About To Take Office?

Trump on Lincoln Memorial inaugural concert "I don't know if it's ever been done before, but if it has, very seldom"

-----------

Concert at the Lincoln Memorial

26531621.JPG
  • TWITTER
  • LINKEDIN
  • SIGN IN TO E-MAIL OR SAVE THIS

A sea of people poured onto the National Mall on Sunday afternoon to kick off three days of festivities celebrating the inauguration of President-elect Barack Obama.

Photo: Chang W. Lee/The New York Times

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    7 years ago

Concert at the Lincoln Memorial

26531607.JPG
  • TWITTER
  • LINKEDIN
  • SIGN IN TO E-MAIL OR SAVE THIS
Members of the crowd shivered under gray skies and temperatures that hovered just above freezing as they waited for a free concert to begin at the Lincoln Memorial.

Photo: Chang W. Lee/The New York Times

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

God help America. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

Didn't anyone see Trump lie while he was standing in the shadow of the Lincoln Memorial this afternoon? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

He also said he had the biggest crowd. I think he said it was "a record".

Obama had 400,000 at his concert. 

Maybe Trump had a tenth of that out there today.

Why are you guys so into this pathological liar? 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Stewart and Colbert drew a bigger crowd than Trump.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

Why? What were they doing that so many people would show up to laugh at them?

They couldn't hold a candle to Abbott and Costello. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

Why?

Does it matter?

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

I can't believe you're actually comparing crowd size and then calling Trump's "crowd envy" pathological lying. He also said his hand size didn't mean he was under-endowed. Please don't try to prove he's lying by running into the men's room with a tape measure.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

this is a partial shot of the crowd at obamas lincoln memorial concert. Trump had nothing like this today

Related image

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Why do you insist on supporting a pathological liar? 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Well, you and people like you forced us to by supporting that other pathological liar for the last 8 years.  It's all your fault!!!

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Why do you insist on supporting a pathological liar? 

The pathological liar lost. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

You just implied that Donald Trump is honest.  Stop embarrassing yourself.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

Trump said today that his cabinet nominees have the "highest IQ's of any cabinet in history"

Even if it were true, why on earth would anyone believe Donald Trump about it? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

What do you think the chances are that no one told Donald Trump that Barack Obama had an inaugural concert at the Lincoln Memorial in 2009? 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Personally I don't think he cares.  He sees the reaction he gets from the left.  That is what he is aiming for and hits the bull's eye every time. 

Think of it like getting back at someone by doing what was done to you and pleasing your supporters all at the same time.  They are getting back at those who subjugated them for the last 8 years through him.

Except he is blunt and to the point leaving no doubt as to what he is doing and they know it, all of them on both sides know it.  The only people who don't understand it are the apostles of the last 8 years.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

So, that constitutes often, and based on your quote, he said 'I think'.  I guess in your world, that is a declarative statement, rather than a thought.

Your box keeps getting smaller.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    7 years ago

I tuned in to watch.  I was curious to hear what message Donald had for all Americans.  John vogt started it off by lying about  the media lying and then mentioned God as though that gave his lying a pass.  I turned it off.  This is our new reality.  A liar surrounded by liars and supporters who applaud actions perpetrated by Russia against America.  Depressing and hopeless is how this man's presidency makes me feel as well as utter disgust for the Russia over America supporters.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

And unfortunately,

America has a lot of people like you and John and Hal that cannot see the forest for the trees.

That is the real sad thing about this entire mess of an election.

The revelation of actually how many people buy the political ideological pablum without question. They take it hook line and sinker demonstrating in great detail how they cannot operate without someone from above telling them how they must think. Those that buy the propaganda hook, line and lead weight.

Very sad day to see how many there actually are.

Intelligently stupid. Intellectually vapid.

To be honest with ya'll you need to be ignored from this point on.

Because after noon today....

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP, WE HAVE THE VOTES!

--- Nancy Pelosi, 2009 comments on obamacare just prior to the vote in the house approving it.

Prophetic to say the least.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

Wow.  A Libertarian accusing others of not seeing the forest through the trees.  Hilarious!

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

Well I can only stand on my record, and since I have accurately predicted the last three presidential elections on this board BEFORE the Iowa Caucus, I think I just might be able to see a little farther into the trees that you might think possible.

Demonstrably.

Deal with it.

But that is a good sign, you can actually laugh at the truth. A good sign that your opposition is going to be winning a lot more in the near future I mean.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

Lol - you may want to wait and see how quickly your hero drives the country into the ditch before making any more predictions.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide

He's no fucking hero of mine, but he IS the president or will be in about two hours.

He's the guy we have to live with.

And we have you guys to thank for that.

by putting up the most lying corrupt candidate in american political history.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

She was still head and shoulders above the ninny that rural America hired.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide

Well until she finally sold the nation down the river.

You do know that the Clinton World initiative is closing it's doors, cause the foreign power donations and contributions have stopped coming in since she lost the election. I guess they realize they aren't going to be getting anything for their money anymore.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

She was still head and shoulders above the ninny that rural America hired.

Yeah when standing on a pile of her own lies. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

NM, please confine your lectures to the people connected with the voices you have rattling around in your head.

deepwaterdon
Freshman Silent
link   deepwaterdon  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

Thanks PJ. Agree 100%. Unfortunately we have to live with this for now.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  deepwaterdon   7 years ago

I agree.  I am resolved that this man will be the next President of the United States in a couple hours.  It's just disappointing that he has had so many chances to try and bring us together but he chooses not to.  

I wonder whether he will tweet his inaugural speech today.  I hope so because it's torture listening to him vomit over 140 characters.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

I agree.  I am resolved that this man will be the next President of the United States in a couple hours.  It's just disappointing that he has had so many chances to try and bring us together but he chooses not to.  

I wonder whether he will tweet his inaugural speech today.  I hope so because it's torture listening to him vomit over 140 characters.  

Pj, everyone is "resolved" that he will be president in a couple hours. Being resolved is not necessarily the same thing as "accepting" . This is not like accepting death which is eternal. This is a passing moment in time. And a moment that can be effected by determined opposition. 

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
link   Old Hermit  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

Well, here we are.

Today, the many Americans who did not want a President Trump or the policies he represents, the many that don't even believe he is capable of doing the job or that think the Russians played too big of a roll in his victory, you know somewhere around 60% of the country, will now get to watch the victory dance of the minority.

giphy.gif

Inana bless and keep America safe.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  Old Hermit   7 years ago

God Bless and keep America safe, now that sentiment I can agree with.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

As you say , the very words that opened Donald Trump's inaugural activities were right wing propagandist Jon Voight saying that people who criticized Donald Trump were lying about him. What are those words doing in an inaugural message that is supposed to unite people? 

Trump's speech at the inaugural dinner last night was barely over the level of raw buffoonery. This is the president of the United States? That title used to denote intelligence and grace and eloquence and dignity. Kiss all that goodbye. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

That was lost eight years ago.(actually 16 years ago but who's counting)

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

Obama had all of that in spades.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide

That's exactly what I would expect for a die hard liberal.

Real class, he has none.

Honor and integrity which is required to have class, he has none.

Take off your rose colored glasses for a change.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Funny, I thought Jon Voight was an actor.  I didn't know he'd been hired by Mr. Trump as a spokesperson.

Well, buttercup, you should probably prepare now, as your head will explode in about an hour and 3/4.

96WS6
Junior Quiet
link   96WS6    7 years ago

If he said "I don't know if it has ever been done"   How is that a lie?   For clarification, a lie is like when Hillary said she did not have classified information on her server.  The difference is she knew it and didn't start the sentence with "I don't know".  I hope this helps.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  96WS6   7 years ago

a lie is like when Hillary said she did not have classified information on her server.

I agree 100%.  That is a lie.  See how easy that is?  Now why don't you and your cohorts try it.  I can't believe that you are in such a stage of denial that you can't even recall one lie that Donald has told.  You lose credibility with this clear and intentional amnesia.   

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  96WS6   7 years ago

Because he knew it had been done. He also said, if it has been done, it has been very seldom. How would he know that? 

Trump lies every fucking day of his life, in fact many times every day. He's a pathological liar. 

He said the crowd at his concert was "a record". He wants his lemming followers to believe he had the most people there than any other president. Obama had about 10 times as many people. 

If you want to believe Trump about anything that is not also proven through the words of someone else, good luck. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

After all this whining and attacking and bloviating and pontificating, Trump is still someone who lies and exaggerates all the time. 

For people to accept this trait in a president of the United States is little more than insanity. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

I am shutting down this article as the discussion has degraded.