╌>

After 2 Weeks, Voters Yearn For Obama

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  arkansashermit-too  •  7 years ago  •  51 comments

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 2, 2017

Raleigh, N.C. – Less than 2 weeks into Donald Trump's tenure as President, 40% of voters already want to impeach him. That's up from 35% of voters who wanted to impeach him a week ago. Only 48% of voters say that they would be opposed to Trump's impeachment.

Beyond a significant percentage of voters already thinking that Trump should be removed from office, it hasn't taken long for voters to miss the good old days of Barack Obama...52% say they'd rather Obama was President, to only 43% who are glad Trump is.

“Usually a newly elected President is at the peak of their popularity and enjoying their honeymoon period after taking office right now,” said Dean Debnam, President of Public Policy Polling. “But Donald Trump’s making history once again with a sizeable share of voters
already wanting to impeach him, and a majority of voters wishing they could have Barack Obama back.”

Why so much unhappiness with Trump? Voters think basically everything he's doing is wrong: 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
link   seeder  Old Hermit    7 years ago

I know it's early but Man!

I really had hoped that Trump could be taught to sing but, so far, it just looks like this horse's ass is either deliberately being an agent of chaos or perhaps he is just the epitome of "The Peter Principle". 

Early on true, but right now it sure is looking like a severe case of incompetent job performance from Trump to the American people.

For the country's sake let's hope he at least slows down on some of his more outrages foolishness, since it looks like he can't stop it all together.

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
link   seeder  Old Hermit  replied to  Old Hermit   7 years ago

More from the PPP survey;

-Obamacare continues to become more popular the more talk there is about repealing it. 46% of voters now say they support it to just 41% who are opposed.

And only 33% of voters think the best course of action is for Congress to repeal the Affordable Care Act and start over, to 62% who think it would be better to keep it and fix the parts that need fixing.

Another aspect of Trump's unpopularity is that he's losing all of his fights.

In the last week he's gone on the attack on Twitter against John McCain, the Washington Post, the New York Times, and CNN and in each case we find voters siding with Trump's adversary:

-By a 51/37 spread voters say John McCain has more credibility than Trump.

-By a 52/41 spread voters say the Washington Post has more credibility than Trump.

-By a 51/42 spread voters say the New York Times has more credibility than Trump.

-By a 50/42 spread voters say CNN has more credibility than Trump.

Overall 47% of voters approve of the job Trump's doing to 49% who disapprove. And 45% have a favorable opinion of him to 52% with a negative one.

But when you dig down on the actual policies he's pursued and actions he's taken, the picture gets even worse for him.

A few other notes:
-68% of voters have a favorable opinion of the National Park Service, to only 9% with an unfavorable opinion of it. Only 30% of voters approve of censoring the Park Service's social media accounts, to 52% who disapprove of that. Trump voters do support censorship of Park service social media accounts, 59/12,though.

-Only 13% of voters approve of the job Congress is doing, to 68% who disapprove.

Paul Ryan has a 35/43 approval rating, and Mitch McConnell's is 17/55.

Democrats lead the generic Congressional ballot 45/42.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Old Hermit   7 years ago

Sadly AH- what these ratings tell me is we have a lot of stupid people in America.  Too stupid to believe what was right in front of their faces to see, loud enough for the ears to hear, and enough BS being dished out to smell around the world.  

I'm no longer interested in what the ratings or polls show because they still won't help the stupid people who voted and support Trump become smarter.  They will remain stupid and defiant.      

deepwaterdon
Freshman Silent
link   deepwaterdon  replied to  Old Hermit   7 years ago

A pile of dog shit has more credibility than Trump as POTUS. At least we know what, where, and how dog shit is. Trump is no way showing he knows how to be President! And he cannot get off Twitter long enough to take advice from people who want him to succeed. Also known as the Wall Street

vultures in his Cabinet and working as his 'advisors'.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  deepwaterdon   7 years ago

A pile of dog shit has more credibility than Trump as POTUS. 

Too bad democrats thought the alternative was to run one pile of chicken shit against another. No matter how stupid some people may be, they're not all stupid enough to buy chicken shit just because it's labeled chicken salad. One day, democrats might let that seep into their thick skulls and run a better candidate so I don't have to chose between a scandal-ridden incessant liar and an ignoramus. 

deepwaterdon
Freshman Silent
link   deepwaterdon  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

Sadly, I agree with you, 1. Unfortunately the choices were limited at best. But I believe the voters chose wrongly, so we must live with the consequences, for the next 4 years.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  deepwaterdon   7 years ago

This is like an episode of the twilight zone. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  Old Hermit   7 years ago

You know, Bill Clinton was a dork also for about the first three months of his first term, until he got the hang of it.

This is like the poll a week ago that claimed Obama was the second greatest modern president behind Ronnie.

Way to early to tell how it's going to turn out....

I would revisit it after his first 100....

We will have a better idea once the routine and mundane of being the president has had a chance to settle in over him...

Right now, he's still to enamored of the perception of power, (which he really doesn't have) and ideals that he can do anything.

Reality will settle in over time.

deepwaterdon
Freshman Silent
link   deepwaterdon  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

You mean the Reagan who put America in forever debt, trying to outspend Russia with his failed Star Wars Ponzi Scheme, the one who brought us the Iran-Contra fiasco, or the one who effective screwed up unions in America by busting the Air Traffic Controller Union? Not that I am a fan of unions, but they did and at times still fuction as they were meant to be. Yeah, a heck of a fine guy.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  deepwaterdon   7 years ago

Yes he was. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man    7 years ago

There is a bias problem with this poll.

14% very liberal - 18% somewhat liberal - 33% Moderate - 23% somewhat conservative - 11% very conservative;

53% women - 47% men;

41% Democrat - 30% Republican - 29% independent;

With this as the demographic being polled, the results are self explanatory.

Besides, most of the questions listed show a few percentage points (1 or 2) apart. Takes a LOT of spin to say anything more than the politic is evenly split as I look at the questions and responses..

I would not count this poll as definitive at all...

{chuckle}

But it makes good copy at this date....

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

Obama/Hillary voters prefer Obama over a buffoon that they hated from the beginning. What a shock. 

96WS6
Junior Quiet
link   96WS6  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

Another rigged liberal poll.  They are slow learners for sure.

deepwaterdon
Freshman Silent
link   deepwaterdon  replied to  96WS6   7 years ago

Put up one of your conservative polls up to show up how it really is. Or maybe ask that fount of information Alt-News Conway or Facts Bannon to educate us, on how wrong the polls are.

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
link   seeder  Old Hermit  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

Well then take your pick of polls NwM, the story is trending in the same direction wherever one looks. 

Trump starting his term unwanted by the majority of  the voters and the actions he's taken during his limited time in office have served to just remind most American's why they didn't think he was up to the job when they voted.

Please President Trump, for the sake of the Country, " Get a Dam Grip!" .

About Half of Americans Say Trump Moving Too Fast

Story Highlights

• 42% approve of temporary ban for seven Muslim-majority countries
  • 38% approve of order to build border wall
  • 36% approve of indefinitely suspending Syrian refugee program

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- About half of Americans say President Donald Trump is moving too fast in addressing the major problems facing the country today, with most of the rest saying his speed of action is about right. When Gallup asked the same question in early 2009 about then-newly elected President Barack Obama, the public's sentiment was significantly different; 63% said Obama's pace was about right, with 22% saying it was too fast and 10% not fast enough.

Do you think _______ is -- [ROTATED: moving too fast, doing about right or not moving fast enough] -- in addressing the major problems facing the country today?
  Too fast About right Not fast enough No opinion
  % % % %
Donald Trump  
Jan 30-31, 2017 47 35 10 7
Barack Obama  
Jan 30-Feb 1, 2009 22 63 10 5
Gallup

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  Old Hermit   7 years ago

Trending in the MEDIA?  Wow that's funny AH.

Like the media has any credibility today either...

You got to remember, I made a good living analyzing such polling for a long time...

But there is one thing I can absolutely agree with my friend...

Please President Trump, for the sake of the Country, "Get a Dam Grip!".

AS long as it is reality he gets a grip on, what he's got a grip on now only his wife would appreciate...

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

Will you please just admit that most people, regardless of political affiliation, think Trump sucks hind tit.  Please?  It would twirl both my tassels.  Simultaneously, of course.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    7 years ago

I guess I'm ahead of the curve - it only took me a couple minutes.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    7 years ago

Lucky me I don't. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    7 years ago

Public Policy Polling

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Public Policy Polling
Private
Industry Opinion polling
Founded Raleigh , North Carolina (2001)
Founder Dean Debnam
Headquarters 2912 Highwoods Boulevard, Suite 201
Raleigh , North Carolina
, United States
Area served
U.S.
Key people
Dean Debnam (President, CEO)
Tom Jensen (Director)
Website publicpolicypolling.com

Public Policy Polling ( PPP ) is a U.S. Democratic [1] polling firm based in Raleigh , North Carolina . [2] [3] [4] PPP was founded in 2001 by businessman Dean Debnam, the firm's current president and chief executive officer . [5]

In addition to political issues, the company has polled the public on topics such as the approval rating of God, [6] whether Republican voters believe President Obama would be eligible to enter heaven in the event of the Rapture , [7] whether hipsters should be subjected to a special tax for being annoying, [8] and whether Ted Cruz is the Zodiac Killer . [9] [10]

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    7 years ago

That's not the only shadowy stuff we're seeing …

In the White House website, inside of the press releases concerning Trump/Bannon executive actions you will find this  “Executive Order: Enhancing Public Safety in the Interior of the United States.”  In it, a list of immigrant crimes to be made and updated regularly and given to the public for consumption is ordered.

(b)  To better inform the public regarding the public safety threats associated with sanctuary jurisdictions, the Secretary shall utilize the Declined Detainer Outcome Report or its equivalent and, on a weekly basis,  make public a comprehensive list of criminal actions committed by aliens and any jurisdiction that ignored or otherwise failed to honor any detainers with respect to such aliens.

Democracy Now’ s  Amy Goodman interviewed author Andrea Pitzer about her upcoming book concerning Hitler and the history of Concentration Camps in the world.

ANDREA   PITZER :  Well, this weekly report that he has called for recalls a number of things from the past that we have seen before, which is this move to isolate and identify and then vilify a vulnerable minority community in order to move against it. When he—I just went back last night and reread his speech from when he declared his candidacy, and the Mexican rapist comment was in from the beginning, and so this has been a theme throughout.  And we see back in Nazi Germany there was a paper called—a Nazi paper called  Der Stürmer , and they had a department called "Letter Box," and readers were invited to send in stories of supposed Jewish crimes. And  Der Stürmer  would publish them, and they would include some pretty horrific graphic illustrations of these crimes, as well.  And there was even a sort of a lite version of it, if you will, racism lite, in which the  Neues Volk , which was more like a  Look  or a  Life  magazine, which normally highlighted beautiful Aryan families and their beautiful homes, would run a feature like "The Criminal Jew," and they would show photos of "Jewish-looking," as they called it, people who represented different kinds of crimes that one ought to watch out for from Jews.

So this preoccupation with focusing in on one subset of the population’s crimes and then depicting that as somehow depraved and abnormal from the main population is something we’ve seen quite a bit in the past, even in the U.S. Before Japanese-American internment, you had newspapers like the  San Francisco Chronicle  running about the unassimilability of the Japanese immigrants and also the crime tendencies and depravities they had, which were distinguished from the main American population.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Thanks AMAC.  Sadly you have people on this site who will never see the connections.  Even some of the Jews on this site are so entrenched in Trump's BS that they refuse to see or acknowledge how he and his Administration are using the same propaganda tactics that were used to single out and murder their families.  All he had to do was to play nice with Bibi and they were on board.  So easily manipulated.  

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

See the connections?

What you bringing clairvoyance into the discussion now? cause this sure isn't rationality.

Most rational people want hard facts and evidence.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

You're lumping illegal and legal aliens together to say that Trump's anti-immigrant like Hitler was anti-Jew. But all Trump is doing is saying that those who entered illegally should get out. Trump said illegal aliens commit lots of crimes and liberals said they don't. Of course, liberals completely ignore the fact that illegal aliens shouldn't be committing any crimes at all because they're not supposed to be here in the first place. Obama obfuscated the crimes committed by illegal aliens and Trump's separating them so they can be clearly seen. Good! 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

You're lumping illegal and legal aliens together to say that Trump's anti-immigrant like Hitler was anti-Jew. 

No, I'm not!

I'm indicating that a government that scapegoat's an entire demographic in order to divide and conquer a populace … is not only insidious, it is inherently dangerous.

And WHEN A GOVERNMENT BEGINS TO SCAPEGOAT ONE DEMOGRAPHIC, IT GIVES "PERMISSION" TO ASSHOLES EVERYWHERE IN ITS PURVIEW, TO COMMIT ACTS OF HATRED AND VIOLENCE AGAINST ALL CURRENT AND HISTORICAL SCAPEGOATS!

It's no coincidence that attacks on synagogues, mosques and those identified as "the problem", are under attack in the U.S. at heightened numbers since Trump campaigned and took office.

Don't equivocate and be an apologist to make rational sense of wrong.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

You're lumping illegal and legal aliens together to say that Trump's anti-immigrant like Hitler was anti-Jew. 

No, I'm not!

I'm indicating that a government that scapegoat's an entire demographic in order to divide and conquer a populace … is not only insidious, it is inherently dangerous.

There's nothing insidious about it. Illegal aliens don't belong here and that, alone, separates them from everyone else. Just deport them. If people also want to know how many illegal aliens are currently in federal and state prisons, then let's find out.

Last year around thanksgiving, my wife and I came home from shopping. She went to open up the house and I was about 70 feet away in the alley unloading bags from the car. Suddenly she burst back out of the house screaming that there's a man inside. I ran to the house and grabbed a thick 5' bamboo pole out of her plant box on the way in. I found him standing in my living room holding two of my iPads and work iPhone that I had left in the third floor bedroom. He also had one of my swords and combat knives strapped on him. I told him to put my stuff down and, when he reached for the sword, I stepped into striking range and said don't try it. My wife said I scared him by acting insane so he put my stuff down. Then I searched him and threw him bodily out of the house and into the arms of 12 policemen who were running up the walkway. He entered my house by breaking out my front window at 5:30 in the evening.  He's an illegal alien and he's in jail. Ask me if I give a shit what Trump says about him or others like him.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

Illegal aliens don't belong here and that, alone, separates them from everyone else.

I didn't state that they do belong here.

This action is, on its face, warning the public about criminal behavior by individuals (assumedly) adjudicated of such; I have no problem with that.

But if the government is going to take that initiative, why list only crimes committed by illegal aliens? Why not apprise the public of all crimes, crimes committed by individuals here illegally or legally?

Had Trump not run a campaign of vilifying by demographic … by nationality, by race, by religion … had he not allowed himself to be the champion of white nationalists, had he not chosen Bannon as his advisor or nominated Sessions for Secretary of State … you and I would be fairly close in how we regard this initiative.

Had Trump's ban included refugees from countries where he has business interests, then at least he could have claimed "consistency"; had he banned Christians, Jews and non-Muslim religions instead of just Muslims … then, we're, if not on the same page, at least in the same chapter of the same book.

But Trump is a bigot's-bigot, a grandstander, a panderer and a ticking time bomb.

I'm sorry for your horrifying experience, but lots of "legals" perpetrate what you and your wife experienced.

The comparison to what Nazi Germany did to Jews in citing so-called Jewish "criminals" -- I assure you, was more about denigrating, vilifying and frightening German, non-Jews, this in order to generate public outcries for a Holocaust than it was to apprise a citizenry about criminals.

Bet your ass that many a "Jewish Criminal" under Hitler, was "innocent until named". 

We are not totally in disagreement my friend … nor are we looking at a picture and seeing the same scene.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

But if the government is going to take that initiative, why list only crimes committed by illegal aliens? Why not apprise the public of all crimes, crimes committed by individuals here illegally or legally?

Why obfuscate the crimes they commit by lumping their statistics with people who are lawfully here?  Let's see what they do. 

Had Trump not run a campaign of vilifying by demographic … by nationality, by race, by religion … had he not allowed himself to be the champion of white nationalists, had he not chosen Bannon as his advisor or nominated Sessions for Secretary of State … you and I would be fairly close in how we regard this initiative.

This is a separate issue and, for me, it stands on its own merits. 

But Trump is a bigot's-bigot, a grandstander, a panderer and a ticking time bomb.

He's a dope to boot and I still want the illegal aliens deported. 

I'm sorry for your horrifying experience, but lots of "legals" perpetrate what you and your wife experienced.

We can't deport legal citizens but we can deport illegal aliens. 

The comparison to what Nazi Germany did to Jews in citing so-called Jewish "criminals" -- I assure you, was more about denigrating, vilifying and frightening German, non-Jews, this in order to generate public outcries for a Holocaust than it was to apprise a citizenry about criminals.

I don't want to deport them because they're frightening. Instead I want to deport them because they don't belong here . . . the same way you would have a burglar or trespasser removed from your house or property.

Bet your ass that many a "Jewish Criminal" under Hitler, was "innocent until named". 

But an illegal alien is here illegally whether innocent of some other crime or not.

We are not totally in disagreement my friend … nor are we looking at a picture and seeing the same scene.

It's always a pleasure to exchange views with someone who can disagree without being disagreeable. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

National policy is not, and cannot be , based on individual incidents or anecdotes. I feel for you , but your story is irrelevant to what the government should or should not be doing as national policy. 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

National policy is not, and cannot be , based on individual incidents or anecdotes. I feel for you , but your story is irrelevant to what the government should or should not be doing as national policy. 

I had the same opinion before the incident. My story was simply an illustration. The policy should be to deport them because they don't belong here. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Actually Mac, this has more to do with Sanctuary cities and their penchant for not effectively policing the illegals they harbor than it has any racial aspect to it....

You would have to actually live in a sanctuary area, city, state to appreciate it.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

You would have to actually live in a sanctuary area, city, state to appreciate it.

Actually, I do, and much of the "information" is MIS-information.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man    7 years ago

SO, we now have the media talking about SOFT BIGOTRY?......

So this preoccupation with focusing in on one subset of the population’s crimes and then depicting that as somehow depraved and abnormal from the main population is something we’ve seen quite a bit in the past, even in the U.S. Before Japanese-American internment, you had newspapers like the San Francisco Chronicle running about the unassimilability of the Japanese immigrants and also the crime tendencies and depravities they had, which were distinguished from the main American population.

Is that anything like this?

You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic – you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people, now have 11 million. He tweets and retweets offensive, hateful, mean-spirited rhetoric.

Now some of those folks, they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America.

Hillary Clinton, September 2016.....

Or this?

You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not.

And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.

Barack Obama, April 2008.....

I would say you all need to check your bigotry at the door.

Irredeemably, Deplorable, Bitter Clingers......

Take the log out of your own eye before you try to take the splinter out of your neighbors....

I need to reevaluate some of my relationships here.

Lets NOT equivocate Or be an apologist to turn rational sense into wrong.

Uncle Bruce
Professor Quiet
link   Uncle Bruce    7 years ago

Pretty sure this was one of the polls that said Hillary would win the election.  We now know how trustworthy that was.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Uncle Bruce   7 years ago

Trump supporters love to assert that polls no longer hold value because on the Trump anomaly.  Your goal is clearly dependent on getting the public to throw the baby out with the bath water.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave    7 years ago

People tend to forget about that stuff.  Trump will be fine!

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    7 years ago

GetFileAttachment?id=AQMkADAwATEyODI3LWJjYjgtNDM2Zi0wMAItMDAKAEYAAAP3eewqKyp2SKPLHsgfwCyNBwA8IcRSkQ7OQbXpn6Na2Kr3AAACAQwAAAA8IcRSkQ7OQbXpn6Na2Kr3AAEWqW%2B4AAAAARIAEAAAAM8KAbxGf0aid62IZslX1Q%3D%3D&X-OWA-CANARY=M-6tNRUTd0aU6gbEKuECpABRWecPTdQY6XiGySbNsf_zQCQV-1jRadCfm9QjMOYe7ew7b91MiSc.&token=607222cc-fd7e-474f-a5af-e98ef48d42a1&owa=outlook.live.com&isc=1

Seems appropriate. I could watch that all day.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

Yes, very nice Hal.  The video relayed two very important points.  (1) Animals are very good at sensing a person's character and (2) The living symbol of our Country clearly wants Trump to not fuck with him or else he will pay the consequences.  Don't fuck with America!    

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
link   seeder  Old Hermit    7 years ago

I could watch that all day.

Nice Hal, very apropos.

Beautiful captures the gist of how America is responding to our new president as well as the way he seems to be so overwhelmed by the duties of the job he backed into.